• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mach Rider, Rides Again For Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!

NukeA6

Smash Master
What do you guys think the codecs and Palutenas Guidance for Mach Ruder would be like?
Pit wondering who he actually is and arguing with Viridi over his/her identity while Palutena tells them to shut up in the nicest way possible.

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice
You might as well count me in as a supporter, as I'm believing the leak more and more each day.

I previously thought the mech gun thing might've been for Elma... but I recently realized that if it were for her, Sakurai would've bought TWO of them. So... I'm now betting it's for Mach Rider.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I've discovered the Mach Rider theme after the leak and wow I'm totally okay with this. That track is a banger!

Anyhow, what are you guys hoping their moveset would be?

Personally I'd like something kinda like Captain Falcon, but more tricksy. Fast movement speed, brutal physical attacks to reflect that the Mach Rider attacks by ramming their bike into foes, a projectile to allude to the bikes shots and hopefully some move involving oil spills/barrels for stage control.
Plus the breaking apart and reforming implemented into the moveset somehow, be it just for an Up-B, dodges/rolls or something more elaborate, it'd be really cool from a visual standpoint alone!

Last edited:

Dan

Smash Lord
I'm hoping he has some kind of shoulder bash given his padding (that sometimes has spikes); between that and the bike he actually shares a lot in common with Wario, but I'd also like to see some Snake/Falcon in him, not to mention his gun is important enough that Sakurai bought a toy as a reference.

I hope he's a good all-around character, and like Putuk said, I'd imagine him being a bit of a trickster. I'd imagine he's gonna spend the majority of time off the bike; I don't know how he'd work otherwise... and then there's the potential the leak is fake.

I don't know much about the game, but I imagine there's gonna be some alternate costumes, between the blue/red, black and female versions.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hi so I'm a supporter of Excite Biker in Smash. In light of the recent leaks, I'd like for you guys to convince me why this character is a better fit for Smash than Excite? I know basically nothing of Mach Rider, so convince me and I'll happily join the support group!
Mach Rider is basically Excite Biker with a motorcycle gun.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I hope Mach Rider at least has a Excite Biker recolor or even an alternate costume like Alph.

Dan

Smash Lord
I hope Mach Rider at least has a Excite Biker recolor or even an alternate costume like Alph.
Probably a color scheme, cause it wouldn't make sense for Excite Bike to be running around gunning down people.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Sign me up for Mach Rider support. Nintendo's own take on a world like in Mad Max would be a joy to play in Smash Brothers. It is one of the few IPs that Nintendo owns that could go the way of mature (Eternal Darkness and Geist included).

Mach Rider has too much of an awesome design to go unused.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I just realized that I never said I would be a supporter for Mach Rider. So I am doing that now. Hopefully there will be a support list soon.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So I am of 2 theories if this leak is true(which it is really looking like)

1: Inceniroar(and others) are DLC or got moved to DLC late in the game.

2: This roster is not the final one, and there are still more. This comers from both Incineroar still being pushed, and that one twitter guy(the one that mostly leaks Persona and KH) said there will be a reveal trailer that shows off 2 newcomers and neither are in the leaked roster.

If the later is true, 6 characters would need to be added to fit the Character select screen. Incineroar would be one, and I can see 3 echos as well. I don't see Incineroar sharing a trailer with any other likely newcomer. Taking that into account I changed up my roster screen I did last week a bit,

Smash CHaracter select screen Roster Complete.png

ECHOS: Medusa, Ms Pac-Man, and Impa. Reasons: Medusa could be the main villain for Spirits mode, and saving her for last reveal makes sense as a surprise, plus she works as an echo. Ms Pac-Man due to every other new 3rd party getting more reps but them makes no sense, plus she is iconic and easy echo. Impa because no new reps since Melee, and if Mario, FE, and Pokemon are getting new reps they should as well, plus Impa is a mainstay in the series.

NEWCOMERS: Inceniroar, Rayman, and Shantae. Reasons: Incineroar due to just all the noise about him, Rayman due to just how close Nintendo and Ubisoft is, and if Nintendo can left Mario in a Rabbids game and let Ubisoft make a better starfox game then they could, having Rayman in smash makes sense. Shantae due to biased and lots of Circumstantial evidence. Plus I can see Shantae and Rayman sharing a reveal trailer as the very final trailer for the game before launch.

This roster still fits 108 stages too, with Isaac, Banjo and Kazzoie, CHorus Kids, Rayman, and Shantae getting stages. Geno if labled as a mario character i can see not getting one, and Mach rider doesn;t need a stage either, as honestly his stage would just be SNES F-Zero in terms of design really.

Dibble

Smash Cadet
So I am of 2 theories if this leak is true(which it is really looking like)

1: Inceniroar(and others) are DLC or got moved to DLC late in the game.

2: This roster is not the final one, and there are still more. This comers from both Incineroar still being pushed, and that one twitter guy(the one that mostly leaks Persona and KH) said there will be a reveal trailer that shows off 2 newcomers and neither are in the leaked roster.

If the later is true, 6 characters would need to be added to fit the Character select screen. Incineroar would be one, and I can see 3 echos as well. I don't see Incineroar sharing a trailer with any other likely newcomer. Taking that into account I changed up my roster screen I did last week a bit,

View attachment 173252

ECHOS: Medusa, Ms Pac-Man, and Impa. Reasons: Medusa could be the main villain for Spirits mode, and saving her for last reveal makes sense as a surprise, plus she works as an echo. Ms Pac-Man due to every other new 3rd party getting more reps but them makes no sense, plus she is iconic and easy echo. Impa because no new reps since Melee, and if Mario, FE, and Pokemon are getting new reps they should as well, plus Impa is a mainstay in the series.

NEWCOMERS: Inceniroar, Rayman, and Shantae. Reasons: Incineroar due to just all the noise about him, Rayman due to just how close Nintendo and Ubisoft is, and if Nintendo can left Mario in a Rabbids game and let Ubisoft make a better starfox game then they could, having Rayman in smash makes sense. Shantae due to biased and lots of Circumstantial evidence. Plus I can see Shantae and Rayman sharing a reveal trailer as the very final trailer for the game before launch.

This roster still fits 108 stages too, with Isaac, Banjo and Kazzoie, CHorus Kids, Rayman, and Shantae getting stages. Geno if labled as a mario character i can see not getting one, and Mach rider doesn;t need a stage either, as honestly his stage would just be SNES F-Zero in terms of design really.
If the Grinch leak ends up being real, then the original Chadondorf leak most likely is too, and according to it Dixie Kong, Monster Hunter and Ray(01) were all cut, which to me implies they would be first in line when it comes to DLC. Also, when it comes to DLC characters I wouldn't personally take into account the aesthetics of the roster selection screen, as Smash Wii U's one looks really off with all DLC + Mii fighters, I don't think Sakurai would mind too much about it after base game.

Also I kind of have to disagree with you about Mach Rider not needing a stage. The gameplay of Mach Rider and F-Zero SNES are very similar, but their respective worlds offer different atmospheres and vibes. F-Zero's universe focuses on Sci-fi gritty race tracks while Mach Rider's universe is a post-apocalyptic Mad Max-styled world. It would be a shame to bring back an old retro character without also recreating his/her game world, as it's part of the whole fun of getting retro reps in the first place.

zferolie

Smash Hero
If the Grinch leak ends up being real, then the original Chadondorf leak most likely is too, and according to it Dixie Kong, Monster Hunter and Ray(01) were all cut, which to me implies they would be first in line when it comes to DLC. Also, when it comes to DLC characters I wouldn't personally take into account the aesthetics of the roster selection screen, as Smash Wii U's one looks really off with all DLC + Mii fighters, I don't think Sakurai would mind too much about it after base game.

Also I kind of have to disagree with you about Mach Rider not needing a stage. The gameplay of Mach Rider and F-Zero SNES are very similar, but their respective worlds offer different atmospheres and vibes. F-Zero's universe focuses on Sci-fi gritty race tracks while Mach Rider's universe is a post-apocalyptic Mad Max-styled world. It would be a shame to bring back an old retro character without also recreating his/her game world, as it's part of the whole fun of getting retro reps in the first place.
Understandable, Yeah if that Chad leak is true then Incineroar wouldn't be in at all. And yeah they would be most likely early DLC.

As for the stage, I can see it honestly going either way. I wouldn't mind a Mach Rider stage for sure, but if there were other base characters in the game, Mach RIder and Geno seem the most likely to not get stages if those others needed some

Dibble

Smash Cadet
Understandable, Yeah if that Chad leak is true then Incineroar wouldn't be in at all. And yeah they would be most likely early DLC.
Well if the Chadondorf leak is true, that doesn't mean those three characters have to be the only ones who were cut. Leakers don't always know the full story.
In any case it does signify Dixie, Ray and Hunter as the strongest DLC bets. There could be others not even Chadondorf knows about though.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well if the Chadondorf leak is true, that doesn't mean those three characters have to be the only ones who were cut. Leakers don't always know the full story.
In any case it does signify Dixie, Ray and Hunter as the strongest DLC bets. There could be others not even Chadondorf knows about though.
Like my girl shantae I hope

Pakky

Smash Hero
I hope my girl Mach rider has a shapely rear...

The advantage to have a womanly figure in biking is that one's huge rear and hips helps them make wider and sharper turns.

Its science.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I hope my girl Mach rider has a shapely rear...

The advantage to have a womanly figure in biking is that one's huge rear helps them make wider and sharper turns.

Its science.
Booty game to stronk for smash

Pakky

Smash Hero
Real talk I really do hope they go with female ginger Mach Rider from that art spread.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Real talk I really do hope they go with female ginger Mach Rider from that art spread.
But is that official?

There seems to be three designs of Mach Rider, the Blue and Red original suit, the leather suit that appeared on the box art of the game, and the gritty Melee trophy suit. In the leak it appears that they are going for the first one, but maybe they can have one of the others appear as an alt?

Last edited:

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
But is that official?

There seems to be three designs of Mach Rider, the Blue and Red original suit, the leather suit that appeared on the box art of the game, and the gritty Melee trophy suit. In the leak it appears that they are going for the first one, but maybe they can have one of the others appear as an alt?
I'm willing to bet the Melee design will be an alt costume. It's just too good to pass up, plus Sakurai designed it himself.

Pakky

Smash Hero
Mach: So you're bike is a horse?

Link: Hiya!

Mach: I mean how can bike be horse?

Link:Hiya!!

Mach: Yes, ancient divine whatever, is this horse a bike?

Hiya!: *running after mach*

Mach: Calm down I'm just taking it around the block, err mountain?

*Drives away*

:ultkingdedede:: hurry up Wheelie you hunk of junk

Mach Rider: RIDER KICK!

:ultkingdedede:: DAH * flies off into the sunset*

Mach Rider: Was that fatso hurting you?

Wheelie: Bike noises

Mach Rider: *blushes through helmet as she understands bike* Let mama show you how one rides.

The two putt off into the horizon.

Mach Rider: So why aren't you wearing your helmet?

Samus: We're at the beach... Why would I need one?

Mach Rider: In case you have to ride your bike away while in a bathing suit.

Samus: Not everything is a bout biking Mach...

Mach Rider: That's what stupid people without helmets say

Mach: So you just stand around to get fit?

WFT: Yes its called yoga

Mach: Why not bike?

WFT: Cycling?

Mach: No, Bike!

WFT: Isn't that the same thing?

Mach: *unzips suit to reveal goddess body* I don't know you tell me?

WFT: Why do you have yourself printed on your underwear?

Mach: You don't?

WFT: No...

Mach: pfft, pathetic

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I love the idea that sexy biker as mach riders design, At least under the suit, is gaining traction

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
So how do you guys think Mach Rider's trailer will go?

I'm guessing we'll see Wario on his bike trying to plow through enemies on the road. Right when he's about to hit someone, a motorcycle zooms past him causing him to clumsily fall off. The person gets off their bike and is shown to be Mach Rider. Cue gameplay video and footage from a new Mach Rider stage.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Mach: So you're bike is a horse?

Link: Hiya!

Mach: I mean how can bike be horse?

Link:Hiya!!

Mach: Yes, ancient divine whatever, is this horse a bike?

Hiya!: *running after mach*

Mach: Calm down I'm just taking it around the block, err mountain?

*Drives away*

:ultkingdedede:: hurry up Wheelie you hunk of junk

Mach Rider: RIDER KICK!

:ultkingdedede:: DAH * flies off into the sunset*

Mach Rider: Was that fatso hurting you?

Wheelie: Bike noises

Mach Rider: *blushes through helmet as she understands bike* Let mama show you how one rides.

The two putt off into the horizon.

Mach Rider: So why aren't you wearing your helmet?

Samus: We're at the beach... Why would I need one?

Mach Rider: In case you have to ride your bike away while in a bathing suit.

Samus: Not everything is a bout biking Mach...

Mach Rider: That's what stupid people without helmets say

Mach: So you just stand around to get fit?

WFT: Yes its called yoga

Mach: Why not bike?

WFT: Cycling?

Mach: No, Bike!

WFT: Isn't that the same thing?

Mach: *unzips suit to reveal goddess body* I don't know you tell me?

WFT: Why do you have yourself printed on your underwear?

Mach: You don't?

WFT: No...

Mach: pfft, pathetic

You know, I almost feel like this could be an actual meme if Mach's gameplay is just them riding there bike the whole time. Though, climbing up ladders might prove a problem.
Hmm... At first thought, I thought that might be too sexy for Smash... Then I remembered that Bayonetta exists.
I mean, they don't have to have her suit be that unzipped.
I love the idea that sexy biker as mach riders design, At least under the suit, is gaining traction
Yeah, I prefer that design a bit more than the blue and red one, and not just because of how attractive it is. I mean, if you were in a post apocalyptic Mad Max like world, what do you think you would be wearing?
I do think the biker suit is more likely for an alt than the Melee costume, as the melee costume would feel incomplete without the matching bike, which I feel might be too much of a change for an alt. Also, as I said before, I just prefer the biker suit in general.

I'm guessing we'll see Wario on his bike trying to plow through enemies on the road. Right when he's about to hit someone, a motorcycle zooms past him causing him to clumsily fall off. The person gets off their bike and is shown to be Mach Rider. Cue gameplay video and footage from a new Mach Rider stage.
I see Mach Rider having a face off with Captain Falcon in a battle on the desert highway, starting with the two competing in a game of chicken before any actual fight starts. It would serve as a great and memorable introduction to an old character.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

This but Wario dies at the end.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
For the trailer, I'd love to see them go the F-Zero Route. So maybe Falcon and Goroh are clashing during the race, when Goroh's Pink Stingray suddenly disappears and through the smoke cloud, you see Mach Rider stunt jumping in.

Also don't you question the fact that aBike can keep up with F-Zero machines, the girl is Called the MACH Rider (although she needs to go multiple Machs to actually overtake the blue falcon)

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I do wonder, how are they gonna reveal all of these characters before the game releases? I guess if we have 2 directs coming up they could probably find a way to fit in 5 character trailers, but that still seems like a lot for two directs.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I do wonder, how are they gonna reveal all of these characters before the game releases? I guess if we have 2 directs coming up they could probably find a way to fit in 5 character trailers, but that still seems like a lot for two directs.
This idea is kind of out there, but I could see Mach Rider and the Chorus Kids not getting a trailer but being shown off in a segment like the Echo Fighters. Why would they do this for just those two? Well, Mach Rider was planned for Melee and the Chorus Kids was planned for Smash 4, so I could see Sakurai going into detail about that and calling them lost fighters.

Dibble

Smash Cadet
This idea is kind of out there, but I could see Mach Rider and the Chorus Kids not getting a trailer but being shown off in a segment like the Echo Fighters. Why would they do this for just those two? Well, Mach Rider was planned for Melee and the Chorus Kids was planned for Smash 4, so I could see Sakurai going into detail about that and calling them lost fighters.
That's not really fair. Not everyone knows the history and development tidbits of Smash Bros as a whole, so such a reveal will come off as underwhelming to a large majority of viewers. Newcomers are the most central element to Smash Bros hype and marketing, and downplaying any of their reveals will send the message they don't matter nearly as much as others.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
That's not really fair. Not everyone knows the history and development tidbits of Smash Bros as a whole, so such a reveal will come off as underwhelming to a large majority of viewers. Newcomers are the most central element to Smash Bros hype and marketing, and downplaying any of their reveals will send the message they don't matter nearly as much as others.
I guess that is true, but how are you going to put 5 unique fighters and 2 Echo Fighters in one Direct? Some of them or all of them would have to share the same trailer with each other. If the Direct is a hour, than I could definitely see them having enough time to have a trailer for each of them.

Dibble

Smash Cadet
I guess that is true, but how are you going to put 5 unique fighters and 2 Echo Fighters in one Direct? Some of them or all of them would have to share the same trailer with each other. If the Direct is a hour, than I could definitely see them having enough time to have a trailer for each of them.
I always thought we would get a 100 Fact Extravaganza at some point. With that format Sakurai can go over smaller features like trophies and character tweaks, whilst also covering more important stuff like Online and Stadium Modes. If we are getting this many newcomers, I could see some trailers being scattered across the Extravaganza, with some characters like the Echoes sharing a fact slot. Plus a 100 Fact Extravaganza would justify something like a 1 hour long Direct.

However, we have gotten news we might be getting 2 seperate Directs this Novemeber, making it way more plausible to divide the reveals of 5 newcomers and 2 echoes. Plus I'm certain we'll have one direct cover Spirits Mode extensively, so that can explain the need for 2 Directs.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I always thought we would get a 100 Fact Extravaganza at some point. With that format Sakurai can go over smaller features like trophies and character tweaks, whilst also covering more important stuff like Online and Stadium Modes. If we are getting this many newcomers, I could see some trailers being scattered across the Extravaganza, with some characters like the Echoes sharing a fact slot. Plus a 100 Fact Extravaganza would justify something like a 1 hour long Direct.

However, we have gotten news we might be getting 2 seperate Directs this Novemeber, making it way more plausible to divide the reveals of 5 newcomers and 2 echoes. Plus I'm certain we'll have one direct cover Spirits Mode extensively, so that can explain the need for 2 Directs.
I could see the unique characters being revealed through each quarter of the Direct while the Echo Fighters are revealed in a segment like in the last Smash Direct back in August. But if there are 2 Directs before release and the Grinch/Banner leak isn't real, than I'm definitely going to say that Incineroar will be revealed in perhaps what might be a Pokemon Direct.

Top Bottom