• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mach Rider, Rides Again For Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!

zferolie

Smash Hero
For Mach Riders reveal trailer, I kinda see it working a bit like Rosalina's reveal trailer, but instead of Mario Kart, its more like a Nintendo All stars racing, or maybe more better, Nintendo Wacky Racers. It could start mid race, Showcasing Mario in his Kart, Wario on his Bike, Captain Falcon in his car, Link on his Bike from Breath of the Wild, and Kirby on the Warp Star. The characters would be zooming around racing each other and of course Wario is cheating. Then suddenly as Wario as about to blast Kirby away, he gets blasted as a bike comes zooming past. It then Pulls up along side Kirby who waves at the driver, and the Driver waves back revealing its Mach Rider, and she zooms off. Then we get the gameplay and at the end, we see Mach Rider at the winners circle, and she pulls off her Helmet to reveal a female redhead.

I could see the unique characters being revealed through each quarter of the Direct while the Echo Fighters are revealed in a segment like in the last Smash Direct back in August. But if there are 2 Directs before release and the Grinch/Banner leak isn't real, than I'm definitely going to say that Incineroar will be revealed in perhaps what might be a Pokemon Direct.
It is sounding like there will be 2 directs this month, if that one source is true and always has been so far. I can see both being Smash focused, with this weeks showing everyone in the leak, and the one at the end showing off the last few surprise fighters(Hoping Medusa, Shantae, Impa, and Incineroar)

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero

Pakky

Smash Hero
Important question.

Does Mach have a yakuza tattoo mural of herself on her back?

Last edited:

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
What prompted you to even ask this question?
Cause waifus man. I think people would only be half as interested in Mach Rider if he was just a dude (full disclosure, I like both classic macho man Mach Rider and sexy woman Mach Rider. Not gonna lie though I kinda want female Mach Rider just a little bit more if we can't have both).

Last edited:

Pakky

Smash Hero
Cause waifus man. I think people would only be half as interested in Mach Rider if he was just a dude (full disclosure, I like both classic macho man Mach Rider and sexy woman Mach Rider. Not gonna lie though I kinda want female Mach Rider just a little bit more if we can't have both)
Would or should mach Rider have a yakuza tattoo of herself on her back or a Motorcycle tramp stamp?(Or lower back tattoo that is a raunchy term I apologize)

Also she sleeps in a nightie with a helmet on, while mounting her bed bike. (A bike mounted in her bedroom...)

The lore must grow...

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Cause waifus man. I think people would only be half as interested in Mach Rider if he was just a dude (full disclosure, I like both classic macho man Mach Rider and sexy woman Mach Rider. Not gonna lie though I kinda want female Mach Rider just a little bit more if we can't have both).
I mean, I get that, but I was more curious about why he would think of the self mural tatoo specifically.

Also, what do you think are the chances of Mach Rider having a comeback like Pit if she does show up in Smash?

Pakky

Smash Hero
I mean, I get that, but I was more curious about why he would think of the self mural tatoo specifically.

Also, what do you think are the chances of Mach Rider having a comeback like Pit if she does show up in Smash?

Badassery

Also I hope so, the market is pretty open for a game like that now!

Last edited:

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman

A modern Mach Rider game where you get to play in a post-apocalyptic Mad Max-esque world with friggin aliens sounds amazing and I would be totally down for that. If Mach Rider resonates enough with people I don't think it's impossible for him/her to have a comeback like Pit's!

Pakky

Smash Hero
A modern Mach Rider game where you get to play in a post-apocalyptic Mad Max-esque world with friggin aliens sounds amazing and I would be totally down for that. If Mach Rider resonates enough with people I don't think it's impossible for him/her to have a comeback like Pit's!
make her ken from fist of the north star with a bike...

So just anime Mad max..also a splash of Jojo plz?

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Wow...never thought I'd be here, but as I truly hope the leak is real...wishing you all luck! If nothing else, I gotta support my number 1 Smash YouTuber, papagenos papagenos --you're the man, and if you support Mach, I support Mach!

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
If you think about it, Mach Rider and Pit both have some things in common. They were both classic NES games that have some sort of tie to a series that would overshadow them before they themselves would enter an age of isolation(Metroid and F-Zero) and they both appeared as Melee trophies.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Good luck this Thursday, Mach Riders! We need a cool new Retro NES rep, and Mach Rider fits the bill! I actually had him/her on my list either as them or Excitebiker, so please put me on the support list :D!

Oddball

Smash Lord
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I like Mad max Biker Mach Rider a lot more than I like hot biker-hick mach Rider.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Maybe I'm in the minority, but I like Mad max Biker Mach Rider a lot more than I like hot biker-hick mach Rider.
Are you refering to his Melee suit? Because hthe original suit looks more like a daredevil than anything from Mad Max.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Would or should mach Rider have a yakuza tattoo of herself on her back or a Motorcycle tramp stamp?
I'd rather not have Mach Rider turned into an American ho. I'm already sick of that in real life and I can't stand this slutty Harley Quinn I keep seeing. If she's not like Priss from Bubblegum Crisis or some 80s anime type, then it's best we stick with the male Mach Rider.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I'd rather not have Mach Rider turned into an American ho. I'm already sick of that in real life and I can't stand this slutty Harley Quinn I keep seeing. If she's not like Priss from Bubblegum Crisis or some 80s anime type, then it's best we stick with the male Mach Rider.
Geez, kinda hostile, don't you think?

Pakky

Smash Hero
A man of taste you have my respect

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Unnecessarily aggressive comments aside, I do agree that I want her to look as 80's as possible. I miss that style of anime.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I love the red-white-and-blue suit. My ideal look would be that suit with the girl from the magazine as the person wearing it. Very 80s anime. Combination of, like, Akira aesthetics and a Perturbator music video with a sprinkling of Mad Max.

Pakky

Smash Hero
I love the red-white-and-blue suit. My ideal look would be that suit with the girl from the magazine as the person wearing it. Very 80s anime. Combination of, like, Akira aesthetics and a Perturbator music video with a sprinkling of Mad Max.
And thus we have reached perfection.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I support Mach Rider and think s/he would be pretty cool in Smash, but I'd rather have a few other characters in first (see signature).

Pakky

Smash Hero
Food for thought

Some old Melee idea are coming to fruition in Ultimate :132:

Wasn't Mach Rider one of those old Melee ideas? ;)

Last edited:

NukeA6

Smash Master
Geez, kinda hostile, don't you think?
Try dating some of those tattooed girls and Harley Quinn fangirls and you will see why I'm so "hostile". It's all fun and games until you see how annoying and disrespectful they really are.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Try dating some of them and you will see why I'm so "hostile". It's all fun and games until you see how annoying and disrespectful they really are.
Sorry I didn't know what you experienced, but it's no reason to be mean to people who obviously meant no harm.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
How exactly do you guys see Mach Rider's rifle working in the game?
It has to fire rapidly somehow, rather than a blaster. That makes sense because it's how she plays in the game. If she stays on the bike the whole time I see it as one of her specials, maybe.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
It has to fire rapidly somehow, rather than a blaster. That makes sense because it's how she plays in the game. If she stays on the bike the whole time I see it as one of her specials, maybe.
So the Female Mach Rider from the arcade game used the gun? I see the Male Mach Rider holding the gun from the NES game.

Top Bottom