• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mach Rider, Rides Again For Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Funny how this thread is getting so much attention suddenly, who would have thought xD Please add me to the supporters list!

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, as you can see, I was more of a supporter for Excitebiker because it was "more plausible" to me but secretly, deep down in my heart, I always wanted Mach Rider instead since we knew that it was an idea for Melee (something considered and not planned though).

So seeing this leak makes me really happy and I really want it to be true.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
Well, as you can see, I was more of a supporter for Excitebiker because it was "more plausible" to me but secretly, deep down in my heart, I always wanted Mach Rider instead since we knew that it was an idea for Melee (something considered and not planned though).

So seeing this leak makes me really happy and I really want it to be true.
There's still a chance for Excitebiker though. His last game was 2009 and his trophy in Sm4sh highlights that fact. His advantage is that he can be considered retro, but also as an important icon and the biggest Nintendo IP not in Smash yet.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
There's still a chance for Excitebiker though. His last game was 2009 and his trophy in Sm4sh highlights that fact. His advantage is that he can be considered retro, but also as an important icon and the biggest Nintendo IP not in Smash yet.
Well, my rationality wants Excitebiker for the legacy, how recognizable he his, ect... But my heart want Mach Rider for it's universe and the weaponized bike (and let's be honest, I'm all for the potential badass female biker too).

In both case I just want to see a biker in Smash and would be happy with either of them!

NukeA6

Smash Master
There's still a chance for Excitebiker though.
Yeah as being one with Mach Rider. I mean, I see no reason why it wouldn't happen. Villager becomes the Balloon Fighter with his Up B move. and both Mother characters use other people's moves.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Im super surprise Excitebike Theme is not in smash needs to be in Mach Rider stage it fits perfectly.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I have a question about Mach Rider in this leak. Can we tell if the Mach Rider in the image is female? I know it's blurry, as well as the fact that they are wearing a helmet, but it would not hurt ot try.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
I have a question about Mach Rider in this leak. Can we tell if the Mach Rider in the image is female? I know it's blurry, as well as the fact that they are wearing a helmet, but it would not hurt ot try.
It's hard to tell honestly. I don't see any obvious muscle definition on Mach Rider or anything that would suggest a gender. I'm personally going with Mach Rider as a Man until disproven when a reveal trailer drops.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Generally, Mach Rider’s default look is a male appearance. Which is likely a disguise. So I wouldn’t expect a female form to be used for Mach Rider’s body.

Anyway, put me down as a supporter. I’ve always wanted Mach Rider since I first saw the trophy in Melee. I enjoyed the game and I’ve always liked post apocalyptic settings. (Fist of The North Star and Fallout being personal favorites of mine for the setting)

I could see Excite Biker’s colors being used for Mach Rider. (And vice versa if Excite Biker got in instead)

Last edited:

Dibble

Smash Cadet
What I expect to happen is have the default skin be the buff manly build of Mach Rider, and have some alternate skins be the more obviously female design from the illustrated magazine. Then afterwards, have all the trophies and references to Mach Rider alternate between "he" and "she" whilst never confirming if they're different people or the same rider, thus being the perfect way to acknowledge Mach Rider's ambiguous gender while also driving all theorists crazy and heating up debate instead.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
What I expect to happen is have the default skin be the buff manly build of Mach Rider, and have some alternate skins be the more obviously female design from the illustrated magazine. Then afterwards, have all the trophies and references to Mach Rider alternate between "he" and "she" whilst never confirming if they're different people or the same rider, thus being the perfect way to acknowledge Mach Rider's ambiguous gender while also driving all theorists crazy and heating up debate instead.
So pretty much doing what they did with Sheik in this game.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So, the reason the background looks so different is because it has been modified so much due to all the characters moving and the side effects of that?
Mostly due to the really poor quality of the picture, being a screenshot of snapchat.

Damn, I want to be team real, but I also want to stay rational.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Mostly due to the really poor quality of the picture, being a screenshot of snapchat.

Damn, I want to be team real, but I also want to stay rational.
Same. More trying to be neutral than rational, but it is getting increasingly more difficult to keep myself from getting super hopeful.

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I keep reading both sides on this mural thing and it's really ticking me off that they're forgetting one (or several) crucial element of this whole thing: This mural is specifically made for a sky tube display, not for a wall poster. These are not just simple paper/posters, this is completely different material separated into three parts. Plus, there will possibility be light inside. If you wanted to make the characters standout and not get clashed with certain elements in the background, you would make certain edits to the background itself. And for a light being inside, ever tried a lamp with a different shade? It looks different when the light is on, right? Whatever colors their using for this sky tube, it's to make it so the light brings it to life.

I don't understand why no one talks about this. Unless I've missed it.

I'm no expert at this. Just observations I've been making. People are forgetting what this mural's purpose is for.

Edit: words
Thoughts from the Isaac Thread (also posted in general)

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I always thought that the blue body suit with the six pack and spiked shoulder pads were always like a muscle suit. The opposite of a fat suit. Give off a fake appearance.

Probably just a lot of padding on the suit or something

Last edited:

Giveaway412

Smash Cadet
I always thought that the blue body suit with the six pack and spiked shoulder pads were always like a muscle suit. The opposite of a fat suit. Give off a fake appearance.

Probably just a lot of padding on the suit or something
Why would a hypothetically female Mach Rider try to hide her gender, though? She's got no reason to.

zferolie

Smash Hero
You know she could have a six pack for real too. Its just the 80's never gave girls that so thats why she looked like that in the game.

it would be awesome to see a buff girl kicking ass in smash. Samus is more tin shame but Mach rider would be ripped

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
You know she could have a six pack for real too. Its just the 80's never gave girls that so thats why she looked like that in the game.

it would be awesome to see a buff girl kicking *** in smash. Samus is more tin shame but Mach rider would be ripped
I know, I know, just giving a retrofitted reason for their typical 80s BS.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

it would be awesome to see a buff girl kicking *** in smash. Samus is more tin shame but Mach rider would be ripped
I need the buff Mach Rider. Like Mrs. Arrow in F-Zero.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216

Urbosa is a good balance of SNU SNU and feminine attributes. The same could be applied to Mach Rider if Sakurai wanted it. Or like crossing Smash 4's Zero Suit Samus and Dragon's Crown's Amazon. Soft/Fit Embarrass.

I will now excuse myself from the thread today.

Last edited:

Klimax

Smash Ace
I don't want to know Mach Rider's sex (there's nothing official about it and that's fine in my opinion), i would prefer him to be that mysterious racer that no one knows anything about. It would be cooler in my opinion than just being "a badass who was a female all along", people would just be like "oh, so, that's Samus on a motorbike".

Anyway, Mach Rider is the retro character that I wanted the most (but he had 0 chance in my opinion). I still think that the Grinch's Leak is probably fake but hey, I still want to support Mach Rider (because i want the leak to be real).

NukeA6

Smash Master
Mach Rider was also the name of a very old toy Nintendo sold back in 1972, this was just a race car with the same name as the series with little resemblance to the character Mach Rider but regardless the name and legacy is a very old part of Nintendo history.
Oh so this wasn't 1975? Looks like Mach Rider may be Nintendo's first character (I'm gonna assume that head in the cockpit is him). It just keeps making more sense. He's the perfect classic character for Smash Bros and even predates the Game & Watch and Wild Gunman.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
@zferoli
I know but when we see her with out her suit she doesn’t have one from the looks of it.

Why would a hypothetically female Mach Rider try to hide her gender, though? She's got no reason to.
Protection more then to hide her identity, thick bodysuit. Or the suit gives her that ability to reform heself

Or maybe she’s wanted by someone

Last edited:

JokalJackal

Smash Rookie
Mach Rider would be an awesome pick. I was thinking of him being an Echo of Capt. Falcon, or her (Vs. Mach Rider) being an Echo of Zero Suit Samus, with both having a decidedly different Final Smash.

An original fighter would be much better suited for Mach Rider, though.
The hell you're sayin'

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Oh so this wasn't 1975? Looks like Mach Rider may be Nintendo's first character (I'm gonna assume that head in the cockpit is him). It just keeps making more sense. He's the perfect classic character for Smash Bros and even predates the Game & Watch and Wild Gunman.
...So, basically, he's the guy who gets in before Hanafuda. Is that what you're saying?

NukeA6

Smash Master
...So, basically, he's the guy who gets in before Hanafuda. Is that what you're saying?
Hanafuda are playing cards that originated 300 years before Nintendo unless you mean some character I haven't heard of. I know Nintendo began with their own variant of the Hanafuda.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Hanafuda are playing cards that originated 300 years before Nintendo unless you mean some character I haven't heard of. I know Nintendo began with their own variant of the Hanafuda.
Nintendo's Hanafuda are indeed what I'm talking about.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Nintendo's Hanafuda are indeed what I'm talking about.
Finding out Nintendo's first character is like the Zelda prequels. Mr. Game & Watch was called their first videogame character somewhere but then I learn of Wild Gunman in Smash 4. Now we have Mach Rider being older than that? For all I know, there are characters older than that. I know the Hanafuda has Napoleon but he's more on the public domain side and I don't expect him to be playable.

Top Bottom