• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mach Rider, Rides Again For Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!

THE 6r

Smash Ace
NNID
6r$¢€£¥™©®
3DS FC
2981-7049-0538
Switch FC
SW-1195-6602-2525
I want to congratulate you guys. Mach Rider was the happy surprise in the banner for me; I character that I wasn't really expecting, but definitely wanted. Now here we are taking a victory lap. Great work guys.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
I'm not ready to declare victory just yet. Until I see Nintendo themselves finally sharing information that either confirms or debunks the Grinch leaks I'm not gonna celebrate prematurely.

However, if it is real, then is it weird to feel proud of a fictional character?

Like, I'm definitely excited that long awaited fan favorites like Geno, Banjo and Issac might finally get their chance to shine, but those guys also had legions of dedicated supporters that pushed them into the spotlight for well over a decade. Their thread pages counts into the hundreds.

Mach Rider has around five or ten supporters here (just my estimation I didn't actually check) and just broke into its third page just a few hours ago. His franchise long since forgotten. Yet despite the ludicrous odds, with almost no one actually believing in him anymore, he faced off against some of the biggest and most well known names in gaming history, as well as stiff competition from other Retro picks, for a spot on the roster, and through a bit of luck and sheer willpower, he prevailed, earning his spot among gaming legends in the biggest Smash game of all time.

Ok now that I actually typed that out it sounds stupidly overdramatic. But still, if the Grinch leak is true, I'm gonna have a special spot in my heart for Mach Rider, the eternal underdog. I hope he has the costume he had in his Melee trophy.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Mach Rider fights like a Kamen Rider in Smash Bros Crusade, and even had the motorcycle and gun for specials. He was pretty fun to play with in that game.
I haven't gotten to play that

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
A retro character that drives a motorcycle and fights aliens?

Why have I rarely heard of this character until now? Late but add me as a supporter please?

Also, I found this over in the general discussion. Not sure if this changes anything regarding the whole "Mach Rider is a he/she" debate that I keep hearing about so I'll let everyone here dabble with it. It's a little large so I put it in a spoiler.
Mach Rider Poster?.jpg

Evanpik64

Smash Cadet

Why have I rarely heard of this character until now? Late but add me as a supporter please?

Also, I found this over in the general discussion. Not sure if this changes anything regarding the whole "Mach Rider is a he/she" debate that I keep hearing about so I'll let everyone here dabble with it. It's a little large so I put it in a spoiler.
I keep seeing that image, where's it from? Is it official?

NukeA6

Smash Master

She looks like that one girl from Bubblegum Crisis. Priss, I think.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman

My one true wish for Mach Rider is that they get Robin'd/Corrin'd and that we get both the classic manly man MR and gloriously 80's anime looking girl MR.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
I had no idea. Nice to know.
I haven't gotten to play that
I haven't played the game in like 7-8 years but I remember having fun in friendlies at one of the Apex events in New Jersey.

Nice. I'm down with Mach Rider being a man or a woman, but a lady Mach imo would be the icing on the cake.

Last edited:

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Yes bring her in make him the biker girl

Then just change Wario’s side B

But is the person in the armor and the girl in the white bikini the same person? Any word on that

Last edited:

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Yes bring her in make him the biker girl

Then just change Wario’s side B

But is the person in the armor and the girl in the white bikini the same person? Any word on that
I was just lurking in a thread on /v/ and someone posted a pic of Mach Rider in Captain Rainbow, and Mach Rider is a girl. Also the Mach Rider picture that SneakyLink posted shows Mach carrying a Knife on her hip, which is interesting because the Bonus Rider girl is shown holding a knife with her left hand like a dagger. It would be nice if Mach Rider actually had some attacks using the knife like a dagger, maybe for tilts and a 3 hit jab for the standard A attack.

Mach Rider Captain Rainbow design.png

Mach has a knife.png

Mach Rider.png

farvin111

Smash Journeyman
hnngghgh I was close. I predicted Excitebiker as the retro rep, but I'm so glad a bike character is getting in anyway. I'd say Mach Rider is less known than Excitebike but it still has its own cool qualities like the toy, making it the oldest rep in smash.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
While I still have no opinion on her inclusion I have to say that with the leak and increased discussion from the fallout I've enjoyed learning more about the character. If she does get in I hope that she keeps that sweet 80's vibe going.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord

God I really hope they pull a Samus on us like this. I think it would be a smart move that adds characterization to Mach Rider.
I can envision a little scene at the end of her trailer that has Samus, Lucina and Mach Rider lining up and taking off their helmets/masks one by one. They could even throw in Zelda/Sheik for a call back to their transformation for the whole set of "masculine coded characters who reveal themselves to be women"

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I knew there will be a new retro everyone says we will only get Geno and Incineroar in the base roster thats not the case I didn't believe it will be a underwhelming reveal if that was the case. To be fair its was a rumor and speculation.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well... This just got interesting... I've always wondered about the Mach Rider, and I admit, I do support him/her in Smash. Sign me up!

Takasmash

Smash Ace
Be honest I happy Mach Rider is the chosen retro rep she looks sick I love the way how Sakurai chose he retro picks cant put it in words but I love it. If Takamaru is not in smash I'll take Mach Rider then Im good.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Got some bad news guys, the company tied to the leak put a statment out, and says that the person in question hasn't worked for them since 2016 and this leak is completely false

https://www.facebook.com/MarinaPLV/
It means they're not the company involved, which only disputes the Bandai Namco connection. Dude has another LinkedIn profile that lists another printing/PR agency. Which company is working on it was only tangential to the leak in the first place, and provided the 'red herring' Bamco connection that never made sense in the first place since they wouldn't be handling promotion.

zferolie

Smash Hero
It means they're not the company involved, which only disputes the Bandai Namco connection. Dude has another LinkedIn profile that lists another printing/PR agency. Which company is working on it was only tangential to the leak in the first place, and provided the 'red herring' Bamco connection that never made sense in the first place since they wouldn't be handling promotion.
Ok, but then any proof at all this other company has any ties to game marketing?

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
Mach Rider would be sooo cool. Ich hope they're somehow able to implement her in a way that you can see she's a woman.

Tbh there weren't much other Nes retro picks left, prolly only Bubbles, Urban Champion anderen Excitebiker. Mach Rider is the best choice out of them in my opinion.

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
You guys think since she has her bike in the mural she always rides it during gameplay? That’d be really cool.

Dibble

Smash Cadet
You guys think since she has her bike in the mural she always rides it during gameplay? That’d be really cool.
For that exact reason I thought Excitebike Racer would be chosen since it sounds easier to keep him on the bike at all times due to his more cartoony aesthetics.
If Mach Rider is always on her/his bike, then nothing in the world will ever convince me Sakurai can do any wrong in any definition of the word, and no one on this Earth deserves him. Well actually that last part is true regardless of anything.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
There is no new character shown yet that fits with Sakurai's purchase of that robot figure with a rifle and it's definitely not for Ken or Incineroar. Every potential hole someone finds in this leak is incredibly tiny and pales in comparison to the large amounts of potential evidence.

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I feel like Mach Rider would only use her bike during her side B, similar to Wario. I think she'd be a melee fighter similar to Capt. Falcon. I dunno, it just seems weird to me to have her "fight" on her bike all the time.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I feel like Mach Rider would only use her bike during her side B, similar to Wario. I think she'd be a melee fighter similar to Capt. Falcon. I dunno, it just seems weird to me to have her "fight" on her bike all the time.
Sakurai really likes making characters feel like they do in their original games, particularly from Brawl onward. IDK if Mach Rider would be on the bike all the time, but I seriously doubt it would be only one move.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai really likes making characters feel like they do in their original games, particularly from Brawl onward. IDK if Mach Rider would be on the bike all the time, but I seriously doubt it would be only one move.
And that's what makes me so excited for Mach Rider! The sheer uniqueness of a character who's almost always on a Bike- I do sincerely think for all of SmUsh's exciting newcomers, there aren't many that bring something new to the table. Inkling has the cool ink mechanic and Simon's whip gives him an inherently unique fighting style entirely, but as far as everyone else? Ridley's cool, but there isn't anything particularly stand-out there moveset-wise, Isabelle's a straight-up semiclone, and K.Rool isn't packing anything that unique either. And everyone else is just echoing another existing fighter.

And that's what I love about Mach Rider, as well as Chorus Kids and Isaac. They are characters just OOZING with uniqueness. They are characters who will have things in their toolsets not found in any other character (Or at least, not to the extent these characters would have them)

....By god, if Mach Rider winds up just being a Falcon echo with Wario's side B.... I doubt it'll happen, but still....

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
And that's what makes me so excited for Mach Rider! The sheer uniqueness of a character who's almost always on a Bike- I do sincerely think for all of SmUsh's exciting newcomers, there aren't many that bring something new to the table. Inkling has the cool ink mechanic and Simon's whip gives him an inherently unique fighting style entirely, but as far as everyone else? Ridley's cool, but there isn't anything particularly stand-out there moveset-wise, Isabelle's a straight-up semiclone, and K.Rool isn't packing anything that unique either. And everyone else is just echoing another existing fighter.

And that's what I love about Mach Rider, as well as Chorus Kids and Isaac. They are characters just OOZING with uniqueness. They are characters who will have things in their toolsets not found in any other character (Or at least, not to the extent these characters would have them)

....By god, if Mach Rider winds up just being a Falcon echo with Wario's side B.... I doubt it'll happen, but still....
I'm just saying I would have no problem with Mach Rider being a semi clone of Captain Falcon. I just don't want her on her bike all the time. I'd like to be able to walk and run as her

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
I'm just saying I would have no problem with Mach Rider being a semi clone of Captain Falcon. I just don't want her on her bike all the time. I'd like to be able to walk and run as her
Meh. I think it’d be more fun to have them primarily on the bike, for one, and for two, having something as large as the bike materialize out of nowhere between frames might look super weird; it works for Wario because he is super bizarre, but maybe not so much with Mach Rider; I think the bike needs to at least be there the whole time.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Meh. I think it’d be more fun to have them primarily on the bike, for one, and for two, having something as large as the bike materialize out of nowhere between frames might look super weird; it works for Wario because he is super bizarre, but maybe not so much with Mach Rider; I think the bike needs to at least be there the whole time.
Mach Rider himself can disintegrate and rematerialize, so the bike doing that might not look off.

My memory is not too clear, but I think there was something like that in Tron: Legacy.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Do you have a support list?

Anyways, I came to say that Mach Rider is definitely an interesting case. When papagenos first made the video about how the model could’ve been used for Mach Rider, I didn’t take it that much into account. So seeing that Mach Rider can possibly be in the game and that you were right has been a interesting caster of emotions.

Anyways, I think Mach Rider looks cool. A moveset involving his/her gun and motorcycle seems very compelling in my opinion.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Do you have a support list?

Anyways, I came to say that Mach Rider is definitely an interesting case. When papagenos first made the video about how the model could’ve been used for Mach Rider, I didn’t take it that much into account. So seeing that Mach Rider can possibly be in the game and that you were right has been a interesting caster of emotions.

Anyways, I think Mach Rider looks cool. A moveset involving his/her gun and motorcycle seems very compelling in my opinion.
No we don't. Considering that papagenos is probably quite busy with all these leaks and his YouTube channel, I've been thinking of compiling a Supporters list myself but I don't want to step on his toes and do it without his consent since he was the one who made this Support Thread.

Hey papagenos papagenos ? If you don't have the time, would you mind if I start off an impromptu supporters list please? At least until you have the time to add them to the OP yourself?

Last edited:

Demonfunds

Smash Journeyman
Have to be honest, I usually don't like retro reps, but seeing Mach Rider in that art kinda got me a little hyped for her inclusion , and I'm interested to see how her moveset plays out.

aquasound

Smash Rookie
I support Mach Rider! I love the whole 80s vibe, and the old-school anime style in that artwork of her reminds me of Speed Racer.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Crossposting this from another place, since it's pertinent here.

Found some Mach Rider trademarks after doing a quick search. Dunno if they're the only ones.
Reg. No.1172643
LIVE - REGISTRATION - Issued and Active

(111)Registration number 1172643
(151)Registration date 1975/12/04
(210)Application number S48-059984
(220)Application date 1973/04/11
Date of entry into force of prior right 1973/04/11
(180)Expiration date of the term of the right 2025/12/04
Trademark(for retrieval) マッハライダ-
(561)Transliteration
(reference)
マッハライダー(732) Holder Name 任天堂株式会社 Applied law Trademark Law in 2001
Edition of International Classification 8
(500)Number of class 1
(511)(512) Class, Goods and Services Similar group code 9家庭用テレビゲームおもちゃ,家庭用テレビゲームおもちゃに用いられるプログラムを記憶させたROMカートリッジ・磁気ディスク・光ディスク,携帯用液晶画面ゲームおもちゃに用いられるプログラムを記憶させたROMカートリッジ・電子回路・ROMカード・光ディスク,家庭用テレビゲームおもちゃ用ジョイスティック・コントローラ,家庭用テレビゲームおもちゃ用プログラム,携帯用液晶画面ゲームおもちゃ用プログラム,スロットマシン,電子楽器用自動演奏プログラムを記憶させた電子回路及びCD-ROM,メトロノーム,録音済みのコンパクトディスク,その他のレコード,ウエイトベルト,ウエットスーツ,浮袋,運動用保護ヘルメット,エアタンク,水泳用浮き板,レギュレーター24A01 24B02 24C01 24C04 24E01 24E02
Reg. No.4222174
LIVE - REGISTRATION - Issued and Active

(111)Registration number 4222174
(151)Registration date 1998/12/18
(450)Date of publication of official gazette 1999/02/18
(210)Application number H07-126003
(220)Application date 1995/12/04
Date of entry into force of prior right 1995/12/04
Date of request for renewal 2018/07/30
(156)Renewal registration date 2018/08/07
(180)Expiration date of the term of the right 2028/12/18
Trademark(for retrieval) マッハライダー
(561)Transliteration
(reference)
マッハライダー(732) Holder Name 任天堂株式会社
Address 京都市 Applied law Trademark Law in 1991
Edition of International Classification 6
(500)Number of class 1
(511)(512) Class, Goods and Services Similar group code 9家庭用ビデオゲーム機及びその部品・付属品,家庭用ビデオゲーム機用のゲームプログラムを記憶させたROMカートリッジ・同磁気ディスク・同光ディスク,家庭用ビデオゲーム機専用光ディスク記録再生装置,家庭用ビデオゲーム機用のジョイスティック,レコード,電子計算機(中央処理装置及びデータ入力用キーボード,電子計算機用プログラムを記憶させた電子回路・同磁気ディスク・同光ディスク・同磁気テープ・その他の周辺機器を含む。),データ入力装置,その他の電子応用機械器具及びその部品,電気通信機械器具,遊園地用機械器具09G53 11B01 11C01 11C02 24A01 24E02
I got rid of blank lines and spaced these as best I could.

Top Bottom