• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mach Rider, Rides Again For Super Smash Bros. Ultimate!

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
Looks like there is hope again. Mach Rider would be a very surprising pick, but I really want her. It would be so cool if you could swap to Zero Suit/Helmet Mach Rider with one of her moves.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Mach Rider is actually the only character I can't "see" in the picture. I see some colors match up, but the spot looks too big just to be a woman. She isn't that fat.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
It looks like I never expressed my support here before and the new leak reminded me of how much I'd love him in so you so Mach has my support

NukeA6

Smash Master
Why are people calling Mach Rider a she? Did I miss something? I always see him referred as a dude.

Oh and I approve him/her. Been liking him since someone 10+ years ago gave him a Mach Rider-esque moveset. I even thought he would be in Brawl but got kinda disappointed it didn't happen. Also didn't like the lack of support he had nowadays. That just may change now.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Why are people calling Mach Rider a she? Did I miss something? I always see him referred as a dude.

Oh and I approve him/her. Been liking him since someone 10+ years ago gave him a Mach Rider-esque moveset. I even thought he would be in Brawl but got kinda disappointed it didn't happen. Also didn't like the lack of support he had nowadays. That just may change now.
In one of the arcade games, Mach Rider takes off their outfit, and reveals a girl

Last edited:

NukeA6

Smash Master
In one of the arcade games, Mach Rider takes off their outfit, and reveals a girl

WHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATT?!?! How did I not know of this all these years? This is like finding out Samus is a woman all over again.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Holy ****. I don't know what to think about this leak. I'd be sad if it's real cause then Shantae and Elma aren't in, but dude, Geno! Banjo! And the Goddamn Mach Rider! Holy crap I am both so excited and scared by this leak.

Last edited:

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
I was just about to bump this thread. Looks like the Grinch might have gave us Mach Supporters the best Christmas present. Mach Rider is a character that I always thought would've been a badass addition for Smash ever since I saw the redesign trophy in Melee. I'm believing this leak may just be legit, so this brings me to two questions.

1: What do you guys think Mach Rider's move set is going to be like?
2: Will Sakurai acknowledge the Bonus Rider character and confirm everyone's theory that Mach Rider and her are the same person?

Going by the mural you can see Mach's weapon of choice but Mach could probably have some moves with the knife. There's also Mach Rider's bike which looks the color black, or darker shaded colors. The pic is too blurry to make out the actual design of the bike but it doesn't look like the original bike by color, but it kind of looks like it by shape?

Last edited:

Wurmple for smash

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3427-9374-2996
Holy ****. I don't know what to think about this leak. I'd be sad if it's real cause then Shantae and Elma aren't in, but dude, Geno! Banjo! And the Goddamn Mach Rider! Holy crap I am both so excited and scared by this leak.
. I feel the same way

glovetheglove

Smash Rookie
So for funsies, I decided to bust out my garbage MS Paint skills to try to highlight what I THINK the blurry mess of Mach Rider is supposed to be. Do keep in mind that I have the drawing ability of a 4 year old.

I tried.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Well...

I'm shocked.

I really thought the August direct had deconfirmed Mach buuuuut with this new Grinch Banner Leak... wow Mach Rider might actually be in Smash Ultimate!

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well...

I'm shocked.

I really thought the August direct had deconfirmed Mach buuuuut with this new Grinch Banner Leak... wow Mach Rider might actually be in Smash Ultimate!
Now the question is: If they are in the game, Will Mach Rider be Male or Female? That was never offically confirmed by nintendo if I remember right

Kuon

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2294-4910-8117
Switch FC
SW-3044-7219-1427
I was thinking Mach Rider would be a melee fighter similar to Capt. Falcon

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Over at the skull kid thread; we're debating if you can see Skull Kid crouching next to Mach Rider. Do you see it?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Over at the skull kid thread; we're debating if you can see Skull Kid crouching next to Mach Rider. Do you see it?
Well, I do see two bright spots that could be the eyes of Majora's Mask... but then again it could be the headlights of Mach Rider's motorcycle.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Am I the only one bothered by Mach Rider having a muscular body type that changes into a model body type? I kind of hope they beef her up a little to make it a bit less jarring for the Barbie to come out of that suit.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Am I the only one bothered by Mach Rider having a muscular body type that changes into a model body type? I kind of hope they beef her up a little to make it a bit less jarring for the Barbie to come out of that suit.
Mach Rider on the banner looks fine and so were Samus and Sheik.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Mach Rider on the banner looks fine and so were Samus and Sheik.
I'm talking about the Mach Rider official artwork that we have and the end game screen showcasing much smaller figure standing there. For example the clothed Mach Rider has broad shoulders and thick arms. The lady revealed has small shoulder and tiny arms. The shoulders could be beefed up by the pauldrons/shoulderarmor, her arms lose like half the muscle mass as do her legs. The hands and feet also lose width with the fingers looking skinny instead of thick and the shoe sizes being rather different in bulk.

The Mach Rider =/= The Female Revealed.. It'd be like Princess Peach taking off her dress and sporting the muscles and body of Ganondorf.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I'm talking about the Mach Rider official artwork that we have and the end game screen showcasing much smaller figure standing there. For example the clothed Mach Rider has broad shoulders and thick arms. The lady revealed has small shoulder and tiny arms. The shoulders could be beefed up by the pauldrons/shoulderarmor, her arms lose like half the muscle mass as do her legs. The hands and feet also lose width with the fingers looking skinny instead of thick and the shoe sizes being rather different in bulk.

The Mach Rider =/= The Female Revealed.. It'd be like Princess Peach taking off her dress and sporting the muscles and body of Ganondorf.
Oh that. In that case, I really don't know what to tell you other than Japan rarely doing the muscular female thing. They do exist (Air Master and Project A-KO to name a few) but it's like catching unicorns.

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Oh that. In that case, I really don't know what to tell you other than Japan rarely doing the muscular female thing. They do exist (Air Master and Project A-KO to name a few) but it's like catching unicorns.
Maybe she got the change between the end of the game and the credits then. Was born a male and became a lady by credits.

MasterRosie

Smash Journeyman
I just want to say....congrats to all those who wanted Mach Rider!
It’s really cool to see her in Smash!
If only Lip got this treatment too, but, eh, I hope one day will be hers too....

NukeA6

Smash Master
If only Lip got this treatment too, but, eh, I hope one day will be hers too....
Funny thing was that Mach Rider used to be a brother (sister?) thread to Lip back then. And now he's the one possibly becoming playable? Just goes to show that anybody could be playable without any expectation. It's not exactly over yet. It might even be the final roster(!!) if this is true. Just keep in mind that Cloud became DLC.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
I'm not gonna toot our horns just yet. Nothing is final until it's all over. Still, we appreciate the thoughts, and I sincerely hope your fairy will get in as well some day!

MasterRosie

Smash Journeyman
Funny thing was that Mach Rider used to be a brother (sister?) thread to Lip back then. And now he's the one possibly becoming playable? Just goes to show that anybody could be playable without any expectation. It's not exactly over yet. It might even be the final roster(!!) if this is true. Just keep in mind that Cloud became DLC.
Yeah....I hope you’re right.
Lip needs any help she can get at this point.
I still find it odd how she’s still nowhere to be seen...even in a game where quote-on-quote ‘Everyone Is Here’.
I'm not gonna toot our horns just yet. Nothing is final until it's all over. Still, we appreciate the thoughts, and I sincerely hope your fairy will get in as well some day!
Thanks. That actually means a lot to me.
Not even gonna lie, Mach Rider and Lip being playable in the same game would be dope.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I know I'm late to the party but please add me to the support list. I always thought Mach Rider looked cool and the Mach Rider theme in Melee is one of my all time favorite Smash songs. I can't wait to see how they utilize the bike.

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
I know I'm late to the party but please add me to the support list. I always thought Mach Rider looked cool and the Mach Rider theme in Melee is one of my all time favorite Smash songs. I can't wait to see how they utilize the bike.
Come to think of it, I don't think we even have a list of supporters yet. Hey papagenos papagenos , now that Mach Rider isn't a crazy fantasy pick anymore, could we have a list of supporters please?

Last edited:

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Let's start with a classic SmashBoards idea: Mach Kick ripped right out of Kamen Rider.
Mach Rider fights like a Kamen Rider in Smash Bros Crusade, and even had the motorcycle and gun for specials. He was pretty fun to play with in that game.

Dibble

Smash Cadet
So... Do you guys think Sakurai is going to implement his/her ability to blow up into a million pieces and then reform through videogame magic sheer willpower?

Top Bottom