• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

m2k vs. kdj

Status
Not open for further replies.

soap

Smash Hero
Amsah is the best PAL player period.

I don't personally know how he can handle the change to NTSC and have to deal with a heavier Falco(real dair),Fox(upsmash/not light),Marth(real dair, fsmash, not light) in all their NTSC glory.

KDJ to me was the best Sheik, but he is extremely rusty now.
do those characters lose their crouch cancel potency with the weight decrease? thats pretty big.

but i still think he would easily be top 10 usa if he just picked up and moved here

Eggm

Smash Hero
lol Sheik. I watched him play spacies in Kansas with Sheik. I think he can take a big tourny with his Sheik only.
Yeah his sheik is unbelievably gay. You have to play it in person first before you make a judgment here on smashboards iMO.

M2K said Shiek can get around both Fox and Falco's approach tactics. Granted his Marth ***** spacies. I would like to see more vids of his Shiek against spacies.
In case you didn't see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d04DWfcjWzE&feature=related

soap

Smash Hero
we wanna see him play good falcos in tourney matches i wanna see sheik m2k vs. shiz or forward.

actually i have seen that. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oagLNI7X0xY, see? posting arbitrary matches dont prove either of our points.

theres no need for him to use it if his marth does better in the matchup, im just curious to see his tactics against good spacies as an actual sheik main

Park0o

Smash Ace
when forward was over my house i won at least half of the sheik vs falco matches we had.

you should probably just play me in person, all the youtube vids make me look a LOT worse than things really are
this guy is weird. >_<

TrikELotus

Smash Apprentice
M2K, why do you feel the need to defend yourself so much? I'm not tryin to talk **** here, but, you try really hard to establish yourself. You're already considered by most the #1 Melee player in the world. Do I think your Sheik is greater than KDJ's prime? No. Are you ranked #1 right now? Yes. That's all that really matters. Stop caring so much about what other people think. You can beat some good people with Sheik, that's great. It's on paper already. Settle down. If you want yourself to look more dominant with Sheik, using her in the grand finals of a major tournament seems a little more convincing than arguing for it on SWF. If you don't wanna do that, then don't.

Also, I agree with a prior poster, dittoing Drephen won't establish anything. Dittos aren't accurate.

Hope you don't dismiss this advice.

That said, I think it'd be polite to avoid flames between Drew and M2K, and get back to Brainjack's intention. What does everybody else think?

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
If M2K thinks he has the best Sheik, then he should have the right to defend himself. Never hurts to strive for more.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
M2K, why do you feel the need to defend yourself so much? I'm not tryin to talk **** here, but, you try really hard to establish yourself. You're already considered by most the #1 Melee player in the world. Do I think your Sheik is greater than KDJ's prime? No. Are you ranked #1 right now? Yes. That's all that really matters. Stop caring so much about what other people think. You can beat some good people with Sheik, that's great. It's on paper already. Settle down. If you want yourself to look more dominant with Sheik, using her in the grand finals of a major tournament seems a little more convincing than arguing for it on SWF. If you don't wanna do that, then don't.

Also, I agree with a prior poster, dittoing Drephen won't establish anything. Dittos aren't accurate.

That said, I think it'd be polite to avoid flames between Drew and M2K, and get back to Brainjack's intention. What does everybody else think?
Amen.

If M2K thinks he has the best Sheik, then he should have the right to defend himself. Never hurts to strive for more.
Hahaha, wow, you are quickly becoming a joke of a poster. So dude's thesis is, "Why do you feel the need to defend yourself," and you pull out "Then he should have the right to defend himself." Wtf? No **** he has the "right" to defend himself I guess, everyone does, the point is getting overly defensive is a testament to just how much validation from other people M2K needs, and he's rightly asking why in a semi-rhetorical sense (it's pretty obvious to anyone with a basic understanding of psychology as to why).

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
It's funny that you call me a joke of a poster when you were the one wrong about Sheik's recovery.

Also, who says he needs validation? If he thinks he deserves the title of best Sheik, then he should push to be recognized. You flame people randomly when people disagree with you because you think you're the better player, why're you getting overly defensive? Is it because you need validation?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
hey now lets keep it to the topic eh? lets not get edgy...elven you clearly arent a joke of a poster...see your di post on brainjacks marth thread..you know your ****...

M2K does have the riht to defend himself if people are saying he isnt the best and he thinks he is...even if i dont agree that he could beat KDJ in his prime

TrikELotus

Smash Apprentice
Again, everyone has the right to defend themself. But you are missing the point of what I was saying. Read NeighborhoodP's paragraph a little closelier. If you don't understand the point in which I was putting out, don't bother responding.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Obviously you don't understand my point either, so I don't know why you bothered responding.

TrikELotus

Smash Apprentice
Obviously you don't understand my point either, so I don't know why you bothered responding.
You're saying He should have the right to defend himself. But nobody is trashing him, he's just seeking validation from everyone. It's like going into a room and saying "Hey everyone I'm better than you, who wants to give me a high five?"

That's my point. I'm asking why he needs validation from everyone. And why he needs to throw out "nuh uh i 3-0'd this guy in this tournament" in random replies.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
If people are saying that he isn't the best, isn't that the same as trashing him? Trashing people is just giving them a lower title than they deserve, or they think they deserve.

D

Deleted member

you should stop posting until you get out of high school.
you should stop spamming to tell others to stop spamming.

bring the ******** level down 1 step at a time and soon the brawl community won't suck.

we can make a difference.

null55

Smash Master

This. Great post.

TrikELotus

Smash Apprentice
Fact is, its not that he's a victim here. He's just coming and saying "Im the best /flex fawn on me." and getting very defensive if not everyone agrees with the statement. If that doesn't tell you what I mean, then I won't continue trying to make you understand what I'm getting across.

And thankyou CJ. Done w/ my thing.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
you should stop spamming to tell others to stop spamming.

bring the ******** level down 1 step at a time and soon the brawl community won't suck.

we can make a difference.
why would i care if the brawl community sucked

TrikELotus

Smash Apprentice
Lets just drop the whole argument, we're all getting off topic.

I dont think m2k's sheik is better than KDJ, some may, some may not. Guess we have to leave it at that, cuz there's no real way to tell.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
i mean you dont have to drop the argument if people dont go around spamming and flaming people, just make a logical point, you're right there is no objective way to telll, thats why Brianjack asked for an OPINION of other people; to see the general consensus

Niko45

Smash Master
Fact is, its not that he's a victim here. He's just coming and saying "Im the best /flex fawn on me." and getting very defensive if not everyone agrees with the statement. If that doesn't tell you what I mean, then I won't continue trying to make you understand what I'm getting across.

And thankyou CJ. Done w/ my thing.
Wow, horrible post. This depiction of m2k is a real stretch from reality. He didn't make a topic "do you think I'm the best sheik because if not ur wrong." What seems to be generally misunderstood about m2k is he is annoyed because he feels that youtube doesn't demonstrate how good he really is, and the people who play him semi/regularly have agreed with this statement. Put it this way, if there were people making judgements about your game when they had never actually played you and are only going off vids online, wouldn't you be a smidge annoyed too? Maybe? The only possible response to this is "well people are saying he's good just not better than KDJ so why doesn't he just lighten up" which is where you should start reading elven's posts.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
vids never shed the light on how good a player really is...its completely different watching someone on the top professional level play the game..but in reality we can't all see M2k play, travel johns, so this is the only way you can really show someone's skill to those who can't make it to EC tourneys...but i do agree that people cant base everything off vids

Niko45

Smash Master
It's really interesting that so many people are put off by m2k's approach to topics like this. What he could do is what a lot of high level players do and come into the topic and make a joke or play it cool like "nah I suck" and then everyone would love him for doing that for some reason and he could sitback and watch the meatriding posts stack up. He could take it a step further and make fake help topics that are 90% meatriding that seem to be all the rage these days. Instead, ironically, he's the one going into THOSE topics and actually answering questions. People learning the game still can't argue that he isn't an extremely helpful poster and should stop complaining about his attitude.

x Mackadotious

Smash Rookie
This is TrikELotus

My point is that, m2k doesn't need to defend himself. He's ranked #1 in the world isn't he? So he shouldn't have to try so much for the recognition he already has. If we can't leave it at this, then this thread isn't going anywhere.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
So basically, the thread is M2K vs. KDJ, but M2K can't say anything for himself and doesn't need more recognition...

Which means the thread is just "KDJ has the best Sheik".

What's the point of discussion at all then?

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I 4 stocked Jiano on FD.

I 4 stocked Forward on Pokemon Stadium. (Although he was using fox)

Both of these happened in tourney.

I've taken match's off of M2K in tourney.
But not his sheik... it's just unfair.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
mang0 needs to prove it by going to some bigger events than those in SoCal where almost everyone has switched to brawl :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom