• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

m2k vs. kdj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brainjack

Smash Journeyman
alright before people start flaming me....i know kdj ****ing retired but.....

m2k has publicly stated that his sheik is as good as kdj's was at his prime...now after watching some of his event 52 vids against darkrain (i know this may not be that great of a measuring stick, and frankly there aren't many m2k sheik vids out there), i'll say that i'm impressed....but not ready to give it dj status

opinions?

comment.

Brainjack

Smash Journeyman
haha i understand your concern. the point of these debates i dont think is for one side to "win" persay but to hear what people have to say and consider their points (which may be pretty original sometimes)

i agree that after a while, it does get kinda boring/repetitive, but i just wanted to see what people had to say

i dont really like it when people just give an answer (not caling you out or anything and hoenstly, im guilty of this too.....a lot)

but why?

i personally believe....that us americans....jk

but seriously, i think dj's sheik is more aggressive and "in your face," more random, thus better

then again, we all need to watch MORE M2K!

Bil

Smash Ace
yeah, we do need to watch more m2k sheik to really go in depth about this. I just think he's above dj status because he's learned the new sheik stuff, if you know what i mean, the new mindgames and such. Not to mention he's probably more technical(not saying that this is a need for sheik Lol.) than kdj. Being technical comes in when you want to dash in and SH reverse needle cancel bair, or stuff like that.

Banks

Smash Hero
In terms of right now, M2K's sheik is definitely better than DJ's simply because DJ is rusty as hell. He enters tournaments under fake names and gets beat by eggm / jman etc no matter who he uses, and I don't think M2K would lose to those people even now. But as for him being better than DJ's sheik in his prime it probably isn't but it is real close. The last BIG tournament DJ played in was VLS, and him and M2K played sheik dittos for some reason, and KDJ won. it wasn't taped sadly =(. but that was months ago so who knows. M2K plays real patient and and wary, while DJ goes in like a crazy mother****er, both are effective, you can't really compare them unless they were to play together in their primes...

(I personally think DJ was and always could be better than M2K, his potential is endless, but that is just my opinion and I'm extremely biased because i know him, but m2k is cool and amazing too)

Brainjack

Smash Journeyman
sweet, both really good comments.

i approve.

and yea, i dont like talking about people playing "RIGHT NOW" cuz obviously we all know some people are retired and such, but yea i definitely agree with what both of you have said

dj's aggressive style is HOT

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
m2k's sheik is ****in gay. Its unbelievable.. LOL.

KDJ's sheik is eccentric and very aggressive at times. I personally love KDJ's sheik I often watched his vids and took some things I saw him do.

I think they are relatively even at their Highest level of their melee career.

However, I'd have to give the slight nod to KDJ too. He showed us how to play sheik at the highest level. He showed us a lot of sheik's actual potential. m2k's sheik is ridiculous and easily on the same level, but he uses his sheik like never compared to KDJ.

sKatZ

Smash Apprentice
Dj's sheik was more entertaining to watch, but i think m2ks is more efficient/better, they are both no drephen though......

-soap

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I loved KoreanDJ's Sheik. It was so unorthodox and aggressive.

I don't think I've seen much of Mew2King's Sheik, especially not recent vids, but I don't remember anything that impressed me too much, 'cept for the time Gojira fsmashed him. But that doesn't really count.

God, Drephen's Sheik is so painful to watch. I think it's only beaten out in that aspect by his Marth.

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
I'm far too lazy to search for them, especially since I'm not even a Sheik main =P

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he's got a good Sheik, I just doubt it's very fun to watch.

Drephen

Smash Master
m2k shiek is horrible lol

its only good against people he can gay like falcon

m2k couldnt go all shiek in a big tourney and win and i will bet money on that

soap

Smash Hero
m2k u gotta try it at least once onetime at a big tourny, everyone wants to see how good and diverse your sheik actually is. ya u can go marth and win, but azen used to just go all falco, or all fox randomly and just stick with that character all tourney and try to actually make his secondaries better.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I'm with Drephen on this one.

I watched m2ks recent sheik matches and I was not impressed.
His Marth and Fox are both 100% better. Mew2King could not go all sheik and win a major tournament, period.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
he plays sheik vs falcon, and a bunch of the mid tiers + low tiers.

honestly i only think m2k goes marth vs space animals, ic, peach, jiggs (sometimes), and marth dittos. it's just that most people play those characters >_>

Stratford

Smash Champion
M2K said Shiek can get around both Fox and Falco's approach tactics. Granted his Marth ***** spacies. I would like to see more vids of his Shiek against spacies.

Vts

Smash Champion
im only good at gaying people huh? hey drephen, are you willing to accept that sheik ditto MM non-CG? Let's see who's better at FIGHTING. Of course you won't accept lol
hmm hate much on drephen?

but really once ur at the top its not about who is better at combos its who knows quickest gays and easy kills.

i liked ur sheik but seems like a normal good player's sheik.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
it's about both, and I'm better at both. But apparantly I'm only good at gaying people with grabs, so let's sheik ditto without instant death in the grabs. It should be easy, cuz my sheik sucks and I'm only good at gaying people.

he's going to say something that is going to have some response of no to my proposal, or no response at all.

Vts

Smash Champion
so that means no $100 money match that could be televised :(

u should record more matches so i can see where your not good at.... i mean watch you combo people :D

personally i think sheik is easiest character to learn and possible the gayest character right beside marth cus of crazy range.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord
u dont show who's a better player whith an specific character with a ditto.. u prove it when u play it constantly and see how it goes with everyone..

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
i 4 stocked jiano in tourney, beat darkrain every friendly w/ sheik but one, and drephen usually loses to him. Even though PC's rusty, i beat his fox w/ sheik on FD The last time we played that match. I usually beat Azen's marth with sheik even though he beats every other sheik with marth. I also used sheik most of event 52. My sheik dittos w/ KDJ at VLS was 1-1 actually, and his fox beat my sheik by 1 stock. Even though I don't play anymore outside of tourneys (except like the day or so before a major tourney although that's it), just from experience I've gotten slightly better since then.

Brainjack

Smash Journeyman
yea seriously guys you guys are all ****ing gay

anyway, m2k, now that you're here, what do you think about the actual topic

trying to be completely unbiased and honest, do you think you're better than kdj at his prime as sheik??

thx (btw, i know there's beef but i really respect both m2k and dreph so let's just chill)

and lastly

ZOMG MEW2KING!!!!!!!

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
by this logic everybody has a horrible sheik because they can't go all sheik in a big tourney and win.
no, you're slow. you twisted his logic and then say "by this logic," lmao, it doesn't work like that. m2k can win entire tournaments with his marth, as KDJ could with his sheik. so if he can't do it with his sheik than it proves drephen's thesis?

soap

Smash Hero
no, you're slow. you twisted his logic and then say "by this logic," lmao, it doesn't work like that. m2k can win entire tournaments with his marth, as KDJ could with his sheik. so if he can't do it with his sheik than it proves drephen's thesis?
i thought DJ just went sheik to take out Ken + m2k marths, he went alot of fox

elvenarrow3000

Smash Master
Yeah, KoreanDJ probably relied more on his Fox than his Sheik. But his Sheik was still pretty kickass.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
amsah is the best sheik
Amsah is the best PAL player period.

I don't personally know how he can handle the change to NTSC and have to deal with a heavier Falco(real dair),Fox(upsmash/not light),Marth(real dair, fsmash, not light) in all their NTSC glory.

KDJ to me was the best Sheik, but he is extremely rusty now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom