• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

M.A.S: "LEET CEREAL!!!" 01/02/10 Winthrop Harbor, IL (PRACTICE BEFORE P4 AND A.S.C)

_Kain_

Smash Champion
If i figure out how the metra works n stuff, times and all might come to this

B_AWAL

Smash Master
So I'm def coming to this....

I'm def not gonna b able to wait!!!

who wants to do low tier single w/ me?

O wait, Sonic isn't low tier anymore.... F@CK!!!

But for realz, lemme kno if u wanna do low tiers teaming w/ a person from FL???

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Alright!!! Hope to see you guys there. :)

Is it just me or does this tournament seem like it's coming up fast? :confused:

Either way, it's sure going to be interesting. Remember folks, this tournament is gonna be good practice before P4 and CoF: A.S.C. Both tournaments trying to bring a great level of hype and monies to its competitors. So NO SLACKING WILL BE ALLOWED HERE.

Play your best. PLAY to win. GET DAT MONIES!!!

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Webster I already told you this but in case you didn't know, I am showing up and I will be running the Rev 3 tournament and bringing a crew with me from Chicago to help support it.

Also, like I talked to you earlier today, this event will count towards the Circuit Points that I am doing for CoF. Basically January and February events at MAS will count for circuit points towards the CoF circuit. I will be giving Webster the fully updated list of players and points earn from the last event, so everyone knows where they stand and can earn points.

The March one will be back in Chicago, since it will be part of the MWC Circuit as well.

Hope to see you guys in a few weeks! ^_^

Oh yeah Webster, I am bring 4-6 TVs with me, just to make sure you ain't low on them. <3

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
It gives you a better chance to place in the Bonus Pot money at the end of the Circuit Series and gives you a rough idea of where you stand according to the rest of the players.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
This is in the 1st post...

"YoshQ NOT SO STUPID RULE!" :bee:

* SSBM Singles/SSBM & SSBB Doubles

Double Elimination Tournament
4 Stock, 8 Mins Time
Damage Ratio 1.0
Best 2/3 Games
All Finals 3/5 Matches
Items are set to "Off" and "None"

Starter Stage List"

*NOTE: AGAIN, IT IS UP TO YOU GUYS TO REMEMBER THE STAGE LIST. IT WILL MAKES THINGS RUN A LOT MORE SMOOTHER. I WILL HAVE A COPY OF THE STAGE LIST AVAILABLE IF NEEDED.

Neutrals:

Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams* (Only allowed in SSBM Singles)
Pokémon Stadium
Battlefield
Dream Land (N64)
Final Destination

Counter Stage List:

Rainbow cruise
Brinstar
Mute City* (Only allowed in SSMB Singles)
Poke Floats
Corneria
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Kongo Jungle

ANY STAGE THAT IS NOT MENTIONED ABOVE IS BANNED!!! :mad:

Set format is pretty similar to SSBB, except for the following:

- Obviously anything that is STRICTLY SSBB related lol
-Controller Mods, Glitches (Ice Climbers Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
-Wobbling is NOT banned

For both SSBB and SSBM Doubles:

-Friendly Fire will be on in teams and general rules apply (don't forget the SSBM stage specifics)

Wafles

Smash Lord
I'm gonna really try to bring my rockband setup to this.
I need to find a TV first though, anyone mind hauling an extra TV in? lol....

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
Does anyone want to team with me for this?

Also I will take a few money matches if anyone wants to :) (not too many though...unless I win them all rofl)

Also: HYPE!

yoshq

Smash Master
what is the "wtf lain rule" ???
* Tournament games will be held upstairs in the venue. Casual gaming (Rock band, other various fighitng games) will be held downstairs. NO, and I repeat, NO Money Matches (MMs)...are to be had during the tournament (unless I say otherwise). PLEASE! I want this tournament to flow as smoothly as possible. Do MMs before/after the tournament. If I call your name and you don't come, and I find out you were MMing you'll get disqualified and sent to losers/put out of the tournament if you were in losers.

You get 2 mins to report to your match (This will now be know as the "WTF Lain!!!" rule .

Quaz

Smash Master
Oro my Peach vs your Falcon $5 (if I go.. theres a chance I might show up for singles)

ok so I was super bored and I decided to make this. Its a random points system for both melee tourneys at the MASes we've had so far (I'm missing one person but I get the feeling that one person doesnt care, it was whoever beat money in that one pool with mundunguu sago and tink I betcha)

TOTAL
Cosmo - 16
ORLY - 10
18 Spikes - 9
Scythe - 9
Tink - 7
Vro - 7
Rat - 6
Quaz - 6
Madwak - 4
Sago - 4
Oro - 3
John - 3
Mundunguu - 3
Jeff - 2
Over9000 - 2
Mellow - 1
Hunger - 1
Josh - 1
Grimace - 1
Dave - 1
Lain - 1
??? - 1

why am I doing this? idk. Its fun for me I guess, maybe I can get some random *** prize for like the top 3 or something (top 5 if I'm really feeling nice)

Quaz

Smash Master
I just did it by bracket and went 1st 8 2nd 7 3rd 6th etc etc. I didnt give points to pools tho

if you want me to award teams point I can if I get the full results of both tourneys or w/e.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Is this the last MAS before ASC?
If you mean technically then yes. :)

but there is DEFINITELY NOT the last MAS tournament ever. MAS will be ran monthly and forever until either:

- I die
- we lose the venue (which will NEVER HAPPEN...I hope)
- you guys loose interest in coming (which I doubt will ever happen)
- or I move out of the area (which I also doubt will ever happen)

so we are good. :chuckle:

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Forever? Forever ever? Forever ever!!!!!!

LMAO @ da WTF LAIN RULE!!!

I wanna read how dat came about!!!

Top Bottom