• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

M.A.S: "LEET CEREAL!!!" 01/02/10 Winthrop Harbor, IL (PRACTICE BEFORE P4 AND A.S.C)

Wafles

Smash Lord
Suprise, I decided to make a circuit points add-up thingy, just for fun (because I was really, really bored, lol)

Top 3 places will get a prize after the June event, the prize will be announced later. =D

1. Fatboy 165

2. Arty 138

3. Quik 135

4. Hunger 115
4. Grimace 115

6. Sago 97

7. Ook 88

8. Wafles 61

9. Lain 58

10. Akashi 53

11. Fade 43
11. DLA 43

13. Meneil 40

14. Kirk 35

15. Kennispam 25

16. Ewok 22

17. YoshQ 18

18. Sima Matty 17

19. Sponge 15
19. MagicJosh 15

21. KGB 15
21. 18Spikes 15

23. Corms 14

24. Luni 13

25. Scythe 12

26. Dietz 11

27. Kappy 10

28. Sothe 9
28. RedRyu 9

30. Swany 8
30. Money 8
30. Radium 8

33. Jeff 7

34. Oro 6

35. pea50 5
35. Brian 5
35. Folk 5
35 . Zwarm 5
35 . Ficha 5
35. Garabon 5
35. Jahordan 5
35 . Blind 5

43. Frozn 4

44. John 3
44. Xyless 3
44. Phobia 3
44. Tony 3
44. Chief 3
44. Frank 3

50. Moozle 2
50. Brian 2
50. Landry 2
50. Nate 2
50. Polska 2
50. Hoey 2

56. DevilDigimon 1
56. Seri 1

Hopefully I didn't make any mistakes, maybe I'll upload the excel document.
Points given for singles:
1st 50
2nd 30
3rd 20
4th 15
5th 10
7th 10
9th 5
13th 5
17th 2
Anything Lower 1

Points given for doubles:
1st 25
2nd 15
3rd 10
4th 8
5th 5
7th 5
9th 3
13th 3
17th 1

hunger!

Smash Champion
oh neato another circuit in the midwest. but halfway done.

are the jan and feb events gunna be included in MAS circuit as well as CoF circuit then?

Wafles

Smash Lord
oh neato another circuit in the midwest. but halfway done.

are the jan and feb events gunna be included in MAS circuit as well as CoF circuit then?
Don't consider this an official circuit, I'm maintaining the points and keeping track of everything, but it's being maintained by me alone. All MAS events are included in points for my little circuit thing, but CoF circuit is entirely seperate, and as far as I know, the events in January/Feb are counting for CoF points.

So basically yes, they'll count for both, I'd consider the CoF Circuit points a bigger deal though.

Landry

Smash Ace
If you mean technically then yes. :)

but there is DEFINITELY NOT the last MAS tournament ever. MAS will be ran monthly and forever until either:

- I die
- we lose the venue (which will NEVER HAPPEN...I hope)
- you guys loose interest in coming (which I doubt will ever happen)
- or I move out of the area (which I also doubt will ever happen)

so we are good. :chuckle:
Yeah, I just wondered because I can't make this one and I was hoping there would be another one in between now and then. It's all good though :chuckle:

On a side note, if you read this Webster I'm interested in knowing your plan for running Smash 64 at ASC. On an actual 64 setup, or through a hacked Wii. I know this is sort of the wrong place, but I'm too lazy...

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
On a side note, if you read this Webster I'm interested in knowing your plan for running Smash 64 at ASC. On an actual 64 setup, or through a hacked Wii. I know this is sort of the wrong place, but I'm too lazy...

That's a very good question Landry! :D I'll leave that up to the players, to vote on what they'd decide to play it on? I personally would rather use my gamecube controller, thus play it on the Wii.

But I don't even have SSB64 on my Wii...yet (FATBOY...ASSISTANCE PLEASE!!! :D ).

But for some reason I have a hunch, people are gonna wanna play it on N64. :dizzy:

Guys are their any KNOWN glitches/issues with playing SSB64 on Wii?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
don't you have to use cdown or up to jump with the GC controller? i got it on my wii and thats how it was...

and original controller/game >>>>> anything else

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
don't you have to use cdown or up to jump with the GC controller? i got it on my wii and thats how it was...

and original controller/game >>>>> anything else
see my reply to oro

Also if you shield with L it taunts, R = Grab, Z is shield and Z cancel so yeah the control layout is horrible for a GC controller.
omfg that sounds horrible. :mad: alright, it strongly looks like we'll be playing this on og n64

It's just something to get used to.

SSB64 side event, I'd love it if we had that.
if someone brings it, we'll run it. :D

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Also if you shield with L it taunts, R = Grab, Z is shield and Z cancel so yeah the control layout is horrible for a GC controller.
... what? I have it on my Wii and L is shield, R is grab, Z is taunt, and the c-stick, up, x, and y are all jump.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I have an N64 and SSB64 if you decide to want it. Idk how many people have controllers for N64, but I could probably lend the 4 that I have.

Landry

Smash Ace
That's a very good question Landry! :D I'll leave that up to the players, to vote on what they'd decide to play it on? I personally would rather use my gamecube controller, thus play it on the Wii.

But I don't even have SSB64 on my Wii...yet (FATBOY...ASSISTANCE PLEASE!!! :D ).

But for some reason I have a hunch, people are gonna wanna play it on N64. :dizzy:

Guys are their any KNOWN glitches/issues with playing SSB64 on Wii?
Check your PMs.

EDIT: Also, Sponge is correct, that is the layout for Smash 64 on the Wii.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Still awkward to Z-cancel with L then. Not like shield should ever be used though. Good correction, I don't own it just assumed buttons corresponded.

Landry

Smash Ace
We sort of got off topic here. This discussion belongs in the ASC thread, not this one. My bad for starting this.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master
YUHS TEH WHOAL WAUKESHA KROO lS GOING TO THIS :088:

On a seperate note, i want everyone to know that im resigning from making the WI pr. I dont want that to be brought up at this. :mad088:

Jahordon

Smash Journeyman
YUHS TEH WHOAL WAUKESHA KROO lS GOING TO THIS :088:

On a seperate note, i want everyone to know that im resigning from making the WI pr. I dont want that to be brought up at this. :mad088:
I really laughed at the first sentence, and when I read the second sentence, my roommate had to help me up from laughing on the floor.

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
I know some might not like the sound of this, but I think at this point, combining IL/WI for power rankings might be a plausible idea since lately there are hardly any tournaments where only one of the two states exclusively attend (smashfests don't count guys). We can possibly make a top 15 or something (or keep it at 10 cause 15 seems like a lot). But I think it'll increase the overall competitiveness of the two states and it'll solve WI's power rankings issue. (I actually don't know the whole story, is it scrapped for good?)

I haven't really thought this through all the way and it just happened to come across my mind, but I'd like to hear some opinions. It seems like it can work, but at the same time, these aren't small states.

So yes, thoughts?

yoshq

Smash Master
I know some might not like the sound of this, but I think at this point, combining IL/WI for power rankings might be a plausible idea since lately there are hardly any tournaments where only one of the two states exclusively attend (smashfests don't count guys). We can possibly make a top 15 or something (or keep it at 10 cause 15 seems like a lot). But I think it'll increase the overall competitiveness of the two states and it'll solve WI's power rankings issue. (I actually don't know the whole story, is it scrapped for good?)

I haven't really thought this through all the way and it just happened to come across my mind, but I'd like to hear some opinions. It seems like it can work, but at the same time, these aren't small states.

So yes, thoughts?
well people in WI don't wanna make it so if you guys made it then it might work

Wafles

Smash Lord

So yes, thoughts?
I like this idea, kind of.

hunger!

Smash Champion

So yes, thoughts?
there really arent any WI pr "problems" persay. no one cares for them anymore except kennispam. that's basically what's going on. lol. just no one cares.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master

So yes, thoughts?
*strokes non-existant beard* hmm i like this idea. 15 sounds good, maybe even up to 20

Lol jah

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Can someone just put Kenni as an honorable mention so nobody INCLUDING Kennispam has to give a ****?
You obviously never paid attention to the old one - he was on an HM and STILL spammed the boards.

Anyways, when you say "The whole Waukesha" thing, who are you implying? MJ, Dietz, RR, Buuda, yourself and I, or will Blue, Koose, and others make a surprise appearance too?

Oh, btw, Red Ryu is driving.

Top Bottom