• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[M-1,7,15,18] PikMafia - The End! Scum Wins!

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Jungle was too easy a target to lynch. With his extremely long V/LA, he has had no defense at all. If Jungle is truly V/LA what are the odds he would take a moment to post a night action? Especially as scum where he would have teammates to do his action for him? And out of all the characters, I don't think I'd hit the inactive for my night action.

VOTE CHACOTACO

Riddle

Smash Lord
uhhh @Zensei

I dont understand the point of your questions. I doubt they were both maf and I think Vanz is a more likely vig target.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
@Zen: Could you explain what info we get by speculating on which kill was from scum and which kill wasn't? (Non-accusing tone)

@All: Ok, so even though my char icon is Oli, I admit I've never actually played a Pikmin game. Are there any species/chars in Pikmin that are large that are actually good guys? I'd like everyone to answer this.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Why do you think Vanz was most likely a Vig target? Didn't you say during D1 that most people thought he was town?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Jungle was too easy a target to lynch. With his extremely long V/LA, he has had no defense at all. If Jungle is truly V/LA what are the odds he would take a moment to post a night action? Especially as scum where he would have teammates to do his action for him? And out of all the characters, I don't think I'd hit the inactive for my night action.

VOTE CHACOTACO
One Jungle was back for a little bit before leaving again tomorrow, for a week. I know his because I talked to him the other day. And two, Jungle is an experienced mafia player and I wanted to know which side he was on.

@Kirb: Not that I can remember, as far as I know the protagonists are Oli, Loiue, and the Pikmin.

@Zen: Honestly it's not that hard to understand, one we've already seen the flip of two town players. That shows us that Oli + Pikmin are the town sided faction. Which could be assumed anyways, and with your comment not knowing which side is town as well as you could easily just check your role PM and do an iota of research to figure it out without any flavor knowledge. So, I'm almost 90% that you're scum as well as Jungle being at 100% scum. He's being replaced anyways, but I don't see the need. Save the replacement the trouble of joining and getting lynched.

Also, at a previous comment, my PR is flavor based. So, it's obviously meant to be used as such.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
@Chaco: Would you rather lynch Jungle, or have him be modkilled (if possible)? And would Purple Pikmin have heavy footsteps (lawl @ not knowing flavor flav)?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Chaco I guess I can see what your saying, but I still think that your accusations are based too much on flavor. Obviously I saw that Olimar was town, but that doesn't necessarily mean we can know with certainty which characters in the game are scum. How many antagonist are in the pikmin game?

Also I like how you're trying to turn my accusation on you around.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Not sure why you guys have your votes on Jungle seeing that he will either get replaced or modkilled. I'm not sold on Chaco's "heavy footsteps" case. And trying to Pressure/Kill Jungle while he is V/LA will be a waste. Obviously he's not going to respond. If we don't have a better lynch by the end of the day, then I'll be happy to lynch Jungle. But to be targeting him right now is pointless and it seems to me like Chaco is trying to pull everyone in the wrong direction.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Well Zen, Chaco could be leading everyone in the wrong direction, or he could be leading everyone in the right direction. That's just it: we simply don't know. There's no way to confirm it. If he's telling the truth, we lynch Jungle (or Jungle's replacement). But at this point, we don't know. I hesitate to say this, but I actually think a Jungle modkill would be beneficial to town. If Jungle is town, we lynch Chaco. Scum caught. If Jungle is scum, we may lose an investigative role, but a scum is still dead.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I was wrong on it being a Bulbmin, actually, theoretically it could be a lot of enemies from Pikmin. However, I do not know enough about Pikmin to truthfully say which one with as little info as I was provided.

Anyways, we'll wait for now, but I'd strongly say that Jungle is scum, Zen and Swords are suspicious.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
@KY- In that case I say we let him be modkilled. Or lynch him at Days end. There's no need to try and pressure him with votes now if he's not going to respond.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Yeah Chaco, I get what you're saying. It could also be that ****er from Distant Planet on Brawl, y'know, the one that eats you? What's his name...Bulborb?

Swiss

Smash Lord
K.

Who do we lynch?

I want EVERYONE to say whp they wanna lynch - that means you too, Kirb.

I'm willing to ask for a modkill, though it is against the spirit of the game, it'll probably work in our favour.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Ugh. At this point Swiss, I'd say we figure out our lynch after Jungle is modkilled, honestly. After Jungle is modkilled, provided he's scum, the Day will not end. In that case, we play the day normally.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Chaco, can you give your report? There are two deaths. Which one did Jungle visit? You claimed tracker right?
I'm a flavor tracker, I don't know exactly who he visited. My reports come in sounds or statements such as what I gave.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
@mod Request votecount

Well, jungle isn't being modkilled, so......If we haven't found a better lynch by the deadline, then we lynch his replacement.

M.K

Level 55
1st Vote Count!

Junglefever- Chacotaco, Swiss, Riddle, SwordsRBroken
(
)

Chacotaco- Zensei, Tandora
(
)

With 9 Alive, it takes 5 to Lynch!
Olimar's corpse will be consumed by Bulbears on:
the last moment of Wednesday July 7th, 2010!

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Yep! Please unvote! I'm Chuckie! :chuckle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhPKIwKCFYc

Chuckie says: "I miss Greenstreet!", and what this shows is that, at a time when we were considering a D1 lynch, what does it matter that we have one over the other, surely as town we wanted to go for the most informative lynch, right? Which means those who were particularly specific about who they wanted over the other are standout semi-suspects atm to Chuckie, the part-evil doll part rugrat toddler of doom.

@TacoTaco:- Don't you agree with Chuckie that Swiss would have been the most informative lynch D1? Why not?

Also @ALL:- consider that flavour carefully - this is because in Chuckie's opinion your assumptions indicate that such a monster is the only thing capable of making loud footsteps - why is this inherently scummy? Is there anything else you can consider that is abnormally large, or perhaps, larger than other standard Pikmin things that is capable of... walking and making... footsteps... and isn't an enemy? There's a pikmin wiki here:
http://pikmin.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page

@Everyone:- Chuckie says, "The Kat/Vanz plan of acting all suspicious and not getting NK'd simply didn't work. The last remaining posts on that particular page (prior to their deaths), were fake. Though Riddle/Vanz is interesting... and in saying that, @Riddle:- you didn't answer earlier questions! Why did you consider many players to think Vanz was town D1?"

"Also, no vig killed them btw, or so I think" says Chuckie, "this is because Kat/Vanz were brothers from the flavour written, and as such were assumed to be life-locked such that if one of them were hit, they would have both died regardless."

Quickly @Swords before we reread:- Could you explain why you wanted green over swiss considering you wanted "either or"? why did this particularly matter? Also that's not the main question! Chuckie actually found this post really odd together with the questions asked above:-
Kat, a quick question. If green flips indy, what will be your new read on swiss?
This means that you showed some faith or interest in Kat's beliefs to ask such a question. Otherwise why would you ask this? So why didn't you want to go Swiss D1 considering Kat wanted this lynch most? Adding to this, remember when you said you believe there to be 1 scum amongst Green/Swiss, what is your conclusion to this exchange now?

Quickly @Tanny:- you said that should one of Green/Swiss flip scum, one is likely to be bussing them. What are your opinions atm? Why do you believe one is likely to be bussing them?, do you believe that scum might do something different considering you've highlighted your search for bussing?

*MY EARS on page 7 o lawdy*

Doing a big reread so Chuckie will probably ask more questions @others later on!
_

ALSO: Vanz' ability is a switch role! Let's agree that Vanz was able to activate certain roles, and if Vanz were Captain Olimar (which he was), this means that, by what the flavour may indicate, that Olimar was in control of his pikmin's PRs by flipping switches. I think the coloured pikmin should take note of this =x

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
@Chuckie: You said nothing to defend yourself against current accusations. Why not? (Side note: I like the flavor of your username)

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I didnt change my mind. I still thought he was town, but my assertion that he was widely thought of as town was proven incorrect.
You're missing the point of my question. (Or am I just missing what you are saying in your answer. If so then can you explain?)

-D1 you said that most people saw Vans as town.
-Now you are saying that you think Vans death was a Vig kill.

You agree that a Vig would kill someone that is scummy right? Not someone who is giving off town vibes. (If not then explain why).

If Vans was giving off strong town vibes as you so thought, why do you think that a Vig would be likely to kill him?

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
@Chuckie: You said nothing to defend yourself against current accusations. Why not? (Side note: I like the flavor of your username)
Thanks (says Chuckie)! Also "nothing" is too strong a word in L-?? situations! Why did you ask this when Chuckie did give a defence against the accusations of heavy footsteps, or at least questioned the accusations with possible alternatives? So... "why not" isn't appropriate =D, that is, unless you count jungle's disappearing act as something Chuckie is now responsible for?... in which case is this understandable? yes, but if you were in this position how would you go about explaining someone else's actions that are out of one's business other than the one who needed replacing? This is Dark_Ermac in Twilight all over again when May accidentally hammered :chuckle:, in which poor ermac was in no position to effectively explain anything because he simply couldn't.

Also doing a reread btw... so if there's any more accusations Chuckie needs to counter then it might be easier if you throw them at him in your next post plz.

In addition,

vote: Swords!

Riddle

Smash Lord
You're missing the point of my question. (Or am I just missing what you are saying in your answer. If so then can you explain?)

-D1 you said that most people saw Vans as town.
-Now you are saying that you think Vans death was a Vig kill.

You agree that a Vig would kill someone that is scummy right? Not someone who is giving off town vibes. (If not then explain why).

If Vans was giving off strong town vibes as you so thought, why do you think that a Vig would be likely to kill him?
No what I'm saying is that though I thought many people thought vanz was scum, I was persuaded otherwise by the response to that statement.

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Quickly @Tanny:- you said that should one of Green/Swiss flip scum, one is likely to be bussing them. What are your opinions atm? Why do you believe one is likely to be bussing them?, do you believe that scum might do something different considering you've highlighted your search for bussing?
I don't believe I've ever claimed that Green and Swiss were bussing. I said they were BUDDYING. Huge difference. -_-

I'm gonna be V/LA over most of the weekend. Going to King's Island for Mayling's bday.

Thoughts before I head out. I think Chaco's claim on Jungle is suspicious. Why would you night target an inactive? If someone isn't playing the game, it is not reliable for them to take a night action. There were other better players to pick. Going after Jungle seemed like an easy lynch against town. Since he was inactive for so long, he would not be able to defend himself. How do you defend doing nothing?

I have voted on Jungle, but currently I think it's more because he is a weak player rather than scum. (Sorry Jungle if you're reading this.)

I admit I'm a little stumped to have found that Green was indy. I really thought he and Swiss were scummates. Now I need to do a new evaluation on everyone.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Chuckie, Greenstreet had more votes on him, that's why i voted him instead of swiss. And i was interested to see what kat's new opinion would be on swiss if we lynched green and he flipped indy, as he said that if one was scum he would be sure the other is town. I'm thinking Swiss is more likely to be town than scum.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Chuckie, Greenstreet had more votes on him, that's why i voted him instead of swiss. And i was interested to see what kat's new opinion would be on swiss if we lynched green and he flipped indy, as he said that if one was scum he would be sure the other is town.
Yes but the nitty gritty of my question focused on why you were so interested in Kat's opinion on the matter, especially because the nature of the question at the end of the Day looked odd... what did you hope to achieve by asking this at that specific point? And why did it matter to you specifically? Does it imply you put trust in Kat's thoughts?... because it does, and as such your thoughts toDay are not reflective of this trust... so the intent of that question is something that needs to be looked into ICO (In Chuckie's Opinion).
I'm thinking Swiss is more likely to be town than scum.
Curiously, based on what?
_

@Tanny: yes, please replace bussing with buddying! Muchas thanks. If you could think about the whole Green/Swiss interaction and come to a slightly more certain conclusion then Chuckie would like to know what you think on the matter... AKA your new evaluations. Also who do you think should be the play toDay outside of JungleChuckie?

@KirbyYoshi and generally @Town:- Chaco claims to not have played Pikmin in forever. Also, please consider that the creature Chaco posted isn't the sole be-all-end-all regarding heavy footsteps. There are plenty of creatures that walk, and there are many of varying different sizes. Surely this is obvious? Chaco's "claimed results" are not indicative of jungle being scum.

@Chaco:- Explain your role again plz. It sounds more like a flavour cop for some reason. Correct me if I'm wrong! Also, for your tracking to work, does one have to use an ability at Night? awaiting your answers!

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
@Chuckie: Can you find any other creature in the Pikmin world that could have heavy footsteps and is not an enemy? I admit I have never played Pikmin, but I searched for one in the Pedia, but couldn't find one.

@mod: Flavor question. Is this game based on Pikmin 1 or Pikmin 2?

M.K

Level 55
Welcome to PikMafia! This Mafia game is based upon the environment, storyline, and aspects of the first and second Pikmin titles released for the Nintendo Gamecube. To learn more, visit the Pikpedia for all the knowledge you could ever need!
Answered in the OP.

Top Bottom