• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[M-1,7,15,18] PikMafia - The End! Scum Wins!

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Wait no more Yoshikirby :chuckle: Chuckie is most definitely here! The answer to your question is YES!

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
"Well.... it could be something that is, again, listed on Pikpedia! I don't find Chaco's 'flavour' results weighted enough to put me in a position to name-claim just yet, at least not until I hear from him (and also considering various others wanted a defence from jungle me in the first place).

So you're interested in jungle's lynch? From your perspective, and aside from flavour results, what has jungle done that is specifically scummy and separate from other players here? Also, what additional suspects do you have? I quite like Bush's tie in that picture btw!

Awaiting people to answer my stuff from previous posts :D

I think we should also wagon swords!" says Chuckie.

Chaco

Never Logs In
@Chaco: How much do you know about Pikmin? Scale of 1-10.
I'd say a 6, to be quite honest. I knew enough about it to discern that heavy footsteps is not a result that would come back town sided in the Pikmin universe on any creature. Because much larger creatures eat Pikmin, therefore the heavier footsteps would be a warning sign as with any typical thing such as this. Think of T-Rex's in Jurassic Park, heavy footsteps were a warning sign. This is similar to this flavor.

Thoughts before I head out. I think Chaco's claim on Jungle is suspicious. Why would you night target an inactive? If someone isn't playing the game, it is not reliable for them to take a night action. There were other better players to pick. Going after Jungle seemed like an easy lynch against town. Since he was inactive for so long, he would not be able to defend himself. How do you defend doing nothing?
Because, like I've already stated, one I wanted to know which side a stronger player was on as well as inactives can be an issue. Nextly, I knew Jungle was in town at the time because I had a conversation with him. There was no reason not to go for a stronger player that I knew was in this game.

@Chaco:- Explain your role again plz. It sounds more like a flavour cop for some reason. Correct me if I'm wrong! Also, for your tracking to work, does one have to use an ability at Night? awaiting your answers!
My role is essentially a flavor tracker, not a flavor cop in any regards. I get sounds or statements such as what I received in order for me to discern alignment. My ability is night based, as well as me being able to track myself. So tonight I plan on tracking myself and using that staple for Pikmin sounds.

"Well.... it could be something that is, again, listed on Pikpedia! I don't find Chaco's 'flavour' results weighted enough to put me in a position to name-claim just yet, at least not until I hear from him (and also considering various others wanted a defence from jungle me in the first place).

So you're interested in jungle's lynch? From your perspective, and aside from flavour results, what has jungle done that is specifically scummy and separate from other players here? Also, what additional suspects do you have? I quite like Bush's tie in that picture btw!

Awaiting people to answer my stuff from previous posts :D

I think we should also wagon swords!" says Chuckie.
I think it is weighted enough to be honest, however, I can wait until toMorrow for your lynch as I don't see you escaping heat. Also, since I can track myself the staple will be provided for Pikmin sounds.

Why Swords, Chuckie?

Internet FTW. <.<

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Hmmm... I was torn on whether to do it now or whether to wait for Chaco to respond to my posts first.

But It's settled!... Let's do it now:-

Purple Pikmin can lift ten times as much as other Pikmin types and weigh ten times more.
Taken directly from Pikpedia :chuckle:

In effect, I am not the Bulbmin, but the Purple Pikmin.

Also the purple pikmin is an overt town doublevoter, however prior to Vanz' death, Vanz had the ability to flick switches. The purple switch was not flicked on N1 it seems, and as such, I will never have the ability to doublevote EVAH.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Also... quickly... I have no Night action. A flavour tracker you say? For you to get significant results that would mean I had to have targeted someone in the Night, and that's impossible. Are you sure it's about who I target?, or could it be who targets me instead... like a flavour watcher? If that isn't the case, then you can't be a flavour tracker because you had nothing to track.

Chaco

Never Logs In
My role is a town tracker, I get a sound phrase or sound that indicates the night action of the player. Thus meaning, you have to have a night action if I am correct. Which could mean you are lying, or withholding information.

As long as no one CC's I have no problem in letting Chuckie live for today. Cause purple pikmin is psuedo understandable, but really heavy footsteps for that just strikes me as odd. Especially with the edition of the no night action claim.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Hm, he might've not been switched yet either. It's things to think about for sure.

Move onto Swords, because I also got a strong tell off of him at day break.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
I don't buy chuckie's claim because of this:

Chacotaco said:
My role is a town tracker, I get a sound phrase or sound that indicates the night action of the player. Thus meaning, you have to have a night action if I am correct. Which could mean you are lying, or withholding information.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
EBOWP: I meant to say that i don't buy chuckie's claim. Either Chaco or Chuckie is lying about their claim. Chaco's seems more believable IMO.

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
&quot;So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
I find it odd that Chuckie has yet to really give any signs of pressure. He's on the chopping block...

However in an 11 person game I'm fairly confident there are more than two mafia. Considering we got a third party yesterday, this leaves me with ample cause for concern.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
Space Transmission #2

@McDonald'sCloud:- Yet to give any signs of pressure? Be specific and elaborative because as far as Chuckie is concerned, he has given the necessary defence against Chaco's off-hand claims, what with being the purple pikmin considering they are 10 times as heavy, and considering the general jist of flavour is that protagonists are townies, plus no counter claim, I think it's safe to say Chaco's flavour results are misguiding him and everyone (and are questionable).
_

Also, Chaco, I'm not an overt doublevoting something-else, I'm simply an overt doublevoter, I don't have a Night action. Such a role would be imbalanced for this type of setup. This will fall on my word against yours. I'm claiming you couldn't have tracked me, or have made a mistake somewhere, or perhaps you're testing me, that is unless your role works similarly to a flavour cop, but we'll see.

Also @ChacoTaco:- No I am not withholding information. Actually, I sort of am but on a completely separate account to the situation we have ourselves here (though this could be helpful: ) - Vanz turned the white switch on N1, but due to dying, we don't know whether this went through or not. Also, now that you've effectively claimed, I'm implying that your comment about how "he might've not switched yet either" leads me to think you're actually the white pikmin, and the switch didn't go through, reducing your ability to something inferior, possibly detrimental. I could be wrong.

@Mod: what are the priority of Night Actions? E.g.:- If the Masoned Switch switches but dies on the same Night, does his switch go through?

Chaco wagon swords with me.

@Town:- Let's all go on Olimar's rocketship together and eliminate Swords. This is because before the end of D1, Swords placed a trust in Kat by asking this particular question: #262

Why would he ask this question if he wasn't genuinely interested as a townie? Therefore, as a townie, he would be most interested in what Kat had to say considering he died, and popped up Townie. However, take note of Swords' play toDay - he doesn't seem reflective of Kat's thoughts in the slightest - consider he once thought Swiss was semi-scummy based on Kat's case, and only on the account that Green was town would he think Swiss was also town. Where is there any investigative interaction with Swiss toDay?

Additionally, Kat was suspicious of both Jungle and Swiss, and made this public. That, plus Swords would not have known about Kat's fake posts toward the end of the Day concerning the connections between Riddle and Vanz. As such, it would only seem natural, (considering Swords was interested in Kat's thoughts), that he should start the Day pursuing Riddle, Jungle and Swiss. Is he? He went straight to Chaco immediately. This leads me to believe Swords asked #262 from a scum perspective, wanting townie information, and simply wasn't interested in the town aspects of it.

Please unvote me and wagon Swords!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Something isn't sitting right with the whole thing about Chaco's claim on Chuckie and Chuckies claim against it. I think one of you is likely to be scum.. and possibly both.

~Chaco claims to be a tracker that get's sounds/Statements from the people he tracks.
~Chaco supposedly tracked Chuckie and "Heard heavy footsteps".
~Chaco immediately makes an accusation on Chuckie based on this, and is 100% sure that Chuckie is scum. #325

First of all the only time someone could be 100% sure about another person's alliance is if they were either a cop (and investigated the person during the night) or if they were mafia (thus knowing who else was mafia).

He's stated multiple times that he is a tracker and not a cop, so that leads me to believe that his surety comes from the latter scenario. My thoughts are that Chaco and Chuckie/Jungle are scumates and since Jungle was inactive all D1 and still was going to be busy, Chaco decided to bus him. It would make Chaco look pretty good to have been the one who outed a mafia member.

On top of this, it was is if Chaco was trying to get Jungle lynched ASAP. His first post into the game was to wagon on Jungle and then claims tracker who is 100% sure that his results meant that Jungle is scum. Chaco also says in his #325 that Jungle's replacement should be lynched and it wouldn't even be much use to get a replacement. Chaco didn't even want there to be a chance of a replacement explaining himself. This is extremely scummy to me. Why wouldn't he want a replacement to explain himself and give us insight to if Jungle was really scum or not? The only reason I could think of is that it would ruin Chaco's entire plan of busing his inactive scum buddy (or simply quick lynching a town member. That's also a possibility).

It's Chaco's "surety" that I find the most suspicious out of all of this. Here he explains why he is certain that Junglechuckie is scum.
Alright, so pretty much in Pikmin one of the main, most notable "villains" of the series is this guy:

The Bulbmin. Notable for loud footsteps in game, as well as eating Pikmin. The reason he is auto scum is because Pikmin nor other protags would have heavy footsteps, only the Bulbmin.

(I haven't played Pikmin in forever, fyi)
Then here he says he was wrong about the whole thing, yet he is still certain the Junglechuckie is scum.
I was wrong on it being a Bulbmin, actually, theoretically it could be a lot of enemies from Pikmin. However, I do not know enough about Pikmin to truthfully say which one with as little info as I was provided.

Anyways, we'll wait for now, but I'd strongly say that Jungle is scum, Zen and Swords are suspicious.
He doesn't even consider the possibilities that heavy footsteps could be related to a good character or the fact that all his accusations are based solely on flavor.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~Chaco claims he is a flavor tracker that gets results based on the night action of the player he tracks.
~Chuckie claims he does not have ANY night actions.

One of them is lying. Possibly both.

Thus one of them should be lynched today imo. I'd prefer Chaco as he seems the most scummy to me and his flavor tracker claim just seems odd. I would be down for Chuckie as well however.

LAL

Chaco

Never Logs In
I was misguide by my results, I will admit. I didn't think of the purple pikmin in regards to that, as well as I thought really heavy footsteps had to mean a protag. I had completely forgotten about the weight difference, only abilities remained with me. Not weights.

Also, Zen, I wasn't trying to get Jungle lynched asap. People hopped on, I didn't repeatedly say vote jungle now. I gave them my results as I thought needed. I do agree that Chuckie may be lying, however, right now I'm going with my gut to trust him. We both find swords scummy so I'll go with that. I have a strong tell against him. Also, I was confident, but I guess that is the drawback of my ability I have to know for sure and can't rely solely on my results. It takes outside game knowledge as well, I tried to shortcut and rely on my memory instead of looking it up. It is my fault.

You are not off the hook as well, no townie would make the mistake you did.

Unvote;Vote: Swords

McCloud

je suis l'agent du chaos.
&quot;So foul and f-air a day I have not seen.&quo
Here's the thing, though. If there was another tracker in the game, surely they would have claimed by now. I'm not discounting other power roles, but specifically the tracker in this case because it's what's at stake. I'm more inclined to believe Chaco at this moment, but I'll update fully when I come home. It's my baby cousin's birfdeeeyyy. ;D

Chaco

Never Logs In
Mhm, also, I'll admit my role to me even sounds more like a flavour cop. But, the name given was tracker. *shrug*

Also, have fun McCloud.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ok well at least you admit that much. Still, if you are telling the truth that you track night actions how could you be inclined to trust Chuckie when his claim completely contradicts your results?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
And I never mad a "mistake". That's just another one of your mislead judgments FMPOV. What you are saying implies that if I were scum I wouldn't know that protagonists of the game were town aligned. Obviously I saw the results of the night kill. Any mafia member would put two and two together and contrast with their character if they were an antagonist. I wasn't saying that there could be a possibility that all antagonists were town aligned and all protagonist were mafia aligned. What I was trying to say is that there could be a possibility that being a protagonist or antagonist has nothing to do with it. Like that president guy that Green turned to be is a protagonist right?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Also Chaco, are you voting for swords more because of the case Chuckie presented or because of the comment Sword made coming into D2? What particularly about that comment gives you such a strong feeling that Swords is scum?

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
zen, Flavor tracker seems more believable because it's impossible for it to be mafia. In scum wars, there was a mafia doublevoter. Just thought i'd throw that out there.

@everyone who hasn't given their opinion - opinions on chuckie's claim?

Chuckie, i said that i thought there was one scum among them.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Here's the thing, though. If there was another tracker in the game, surely they would have claimed by now. I'm not discounting other power roles, but specifically the tracker in this case because it's what's at stake. I'm more inclined to believe Chaco at this moment, but I'll update fully when I come home. It's my baby cousin's birfdeeeyyy. ;D
If you are inclined to believe Chaco at this point, where does that leave you with Chuckie? Obviously one of them is lying. Or do you not think so?

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
@chuckie the reason I asked Kat about what he thought about Swiss wasn't because i 'trusted' Kat but because I thought Kat was somewhat suspicious and that if he didn't follow up on D2 to what he was saying D1 i was going to point that out. But obv Kat didn't live for me to do so. And it turned out he was town anyways.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
zen, Flavor tracker seems more believable because it's impossible for it to be mafia. In scum wars, there was a mafia doublevoter. Just thought i'd throw that out there.
How does tracker being impossible to be mafia mean that Chaco is more likely to be telling the truth than Chuckie? And how are you certain it's impossible? I haven't even heard of the flavor tracker until this game...

Chaco

Never Logs In
@Zen: It's official name is just town tracker, however, I am calling it a flavor tracker because that it in essence is what it is. My PR does not yield results as a normal tracker would, instead it gives me sounds or phrases regarding sounds to work with and discern actions/alignment.

I do agree though that I am inclined to believe that Chuckie is lying, however, his claim makes a valid point about the Purple Pikmin and at this time he is unCC'd. So I'm inclined to let him live for now.

Who is Chuckie a hydra of btw?

Swiss

Smash Lord
Chaco - do you agree this 'flavour tracker' gives you the perfect get out clause of accusing players of scum?

Why are you an asset to town, if you cannot discern anything on value?

Riddle

Smash Lord
I am inclined to believe Chaco at this point, however I will Unvote

The "Well, this sucks" tell is definitely a big one, so I am going to use my barnacle powers to

Vote: Swords

Chaco

Never Logs In
No, I do not. However, what would you have done with the provided information? Withheld it, and possible let scum go, or call it out and take the chance? It's a gamble, for sure.

Swiss, it hasn't been established that I am wrong yet. There is still a great possibility Chuckie is lying, But you seem sure I am wrong, do you have inside information?

Chaco

Never Logs In
I am inclined to believe Chaco at this point, however I will Unvote

The "Well, this sucks" tell is definitely a big one, so I am going to use my barnacle powers to

Vote: Swords
LOL.

Yeah, sorry about calling you a barnacle so much, I was frustrated. <.<

Swiss

Smash Lord
Chaco, at what point did I state you were wrong? Why jump to conclusions? Are you nervous? If so, of what?

I simply wanted to ascertain the exact standing of the usefulness of your role, and wished to discuss the possibility that scum could use that, thanks to the 'get out' clause. If you would prefer me to not question what goes on around me, and simply cast voted randomly, you need only to ask me to do so - at which point I shall lynch you.

Chaco

Never Logs In
The whole essence of that second part reaked of "You are wrong." Correct me if I am wrong, but to me that's what it tells. "If you cannot discern anything of value" Tell me what you meant by that, if not, you are wrong.

Top Bottom