• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[m-1, 14, 28] avril lavigne mafia - over

M.K

Level 55
I can see Vanderzant and Nicholas as teh final two scum.
Seriously, if you really want to, HAMMER me, watch me flip town, and then kill Vanderzant and Nich next, because I'm nearly POSITIVE they are the final two scum.
I've never had a feeling like this before, it's GOT to be them.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
(Don't have time to respond to everything as of now, but this stuck out)

BECAUSE I know I'm town, and I'm pretty sure you're asking the Jailer to Jail you because you're not the Mafia member in control of the kill. :)
Let me point a couple things out to you MK.

#1. A mislynch today is a loss unless chibo happens to jail the correct person (somewhat unlikely).

#2. You've completely ignored the argument on yourself. Sure, you can say you're town, but why should WE believe you're town? At this point it would have to be a VERY convincing argument.

M.K

Level 55
Let me point a couple things out to you MK.

#1. A mislynch today is a loss unless chibo happens to jail the correct person (somewhat unlikely).

#2. You've completely ignored the argument on yourself. Sure, you can say you're town, but why should WE believe you're town? At this point it would have to be a VERY convincing argument.
1) So, town is going to lose if they lynch me. PLAIN and simple, that's why we're going to lynch you.
I know it's a hard argument to make, but it's completely true. Instead of tackling what I KNOW is true about me, which is me being on both mislynches, having the COMPLETELY wrong interpretation of frozen's alignment, and being emotional at times, I'd rather OUTWEIGH that with the fact that you constantly contradict yourself, overreact, and have been USELESS in every game decision thus far. It's almost as if you haven't even been in this game, and when questioned, you snap into this hyperactive "don't question me!" mode, give us ****ty "half-alignments" that you allow yourself the ability to retract when neccesary, and then disappear to the sidelines again.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
if you need a tampon i'm sure the closest 7-eleven is around the corner

M.K

Level 55
lol dun even matter now, if you're town, you've lost, and if you're scum, you've been handed the game on a silver platter.

Omni

BRoomer
stop being a cry baby. do you think you're exempt from the cause of town's loss if town loses? you'll be the biggest contributor.

grow up, MK. stop wah wah'ing. reflect on your awful play this entire game. then play better next time.

M.K

Level 55
Doneeeee. At least I admit I suck, you paraded around with your gigantic ego and still lost. :p
"Biggest contributor". Umm, who just hammered? xD

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer

Cello_Marl, Meta_kirby the Brownie Townie has been lynched!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dGR65RWwzg8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&autoplay=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dGR65RWwzg8?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

NOTE: BECAUSE IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO NOT WIN UNLESS MAFIA CHOOSES TO NOT KILL, I'M ENDING THE GAME

Rockin, ChiboSempai the Mafiosi Roleblocker wins!!!!!!!!!

Handorin, Vanderzant the Mafiosi Ninja wins!!!!!!!!!

Junglefever, Frozenflame751 the Mafiosi Goon wins!!!!!!!!!

Macman, Zen the Brownie Townie has been endgamed!

Chibosempai, Omni the Brownie Townie has been endgamed!

Frozenflame, Nicholas1024 the Town Gravedigger has been endgamed!

i'm mad busy at college, when i have time I will do a game review post

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
frozenflame751 said:
Marshee...because I think I can work him but thats just me.
:ROLLEYES::ROLLEYES::ROLLEYES::rolleyesoutofheadanddies:

why did i invite frozen/macman

mad i lost to van but he at least actually played this game

i didnt like watching the mk lynch. like why would scum blatantly defend their GOON instead of bussing them specially when THEYRE NOT EVEN PLAYING

i was gonna say some mad livid **** but the games over and ill just sound like a **** so instead im gonna thank scum for killing me and that im glad i got to play with omni again and blow some bubbles

:bandit:

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Haha GG Town. Now let us take a trip back to Day 2...

to reiterate i want

frozen dead based on whom i feel to be scummy
mac to be dead based on whom i feel to be completely useless and a high recruit candidate
i am still up to lynch macman or frozenflame.

or nicholas.

or maybe vanderzant. or maybe chaco.
I'm fine with a frozenflame or macman lynch still. In light of recent events, vand has also popped up on my radar and I wouldn't mind lynching him. If he flipped scum, Meta-Kirby would be an instant #1 suspect to me, but not necessarily an auto-lynch.
I am fine with Frozen dying. I still would prefer Vanderzant or Mac though.
Thought we were gonna lose so bad. First mafia win I'm probably happy about.

@Xiivi: The set up made no sense... what's the point of being a ninja if there is no one to track/watch you? Why did we have a roleblocker if there was no one we could actually block?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
*sigh*

I wish I wasn't on the chopping block for my D3 inactivity. I mean, for crying out loud, IF I WAS SCUM, WHY WOULD I HAVE HAMMERED FROZEN!?!?

I had a feeling about chibo (because seriously, Jailkeeper and nurse do not go together, and I didn't see how Chibo could miss that), but I couldn't afford to risk going after another possible townie when Omni (who I was pretty sure was town) and MK were already after my blood.

Also, :mad: at my gravedigger claim being a TOTAL red herring.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Ironically enough though, although I played what was one of my worse games, I was 3/4 when it came to lynches. Wasn't on the kirbyoshi or Rockin ones, and I hammered Frozen. :psycho:

@Frozen
What made me decide to hammer you was both the EXTREME inactivity, and the fact that you were mega-tunneling Omni/Zensei. I mean, MK/Chibo/You were the only ones with a chance of getting lynched D3.

Seriously, why are you always inactive?!? I can't recall a single game that I've been in where you've been active, apart from the BIM's.

Omni

BRoomer
:ROLLEYES::ROLLEYES::ROLLEYES::rolleyesoutofheadanddies:

why did i invite frozen/macman

mad i lost to van but he at least actually played this game

i didnt like watching the mk lynch. like why would scum blatantly defend their GOON instead of bussing them specially when THEYRE NOT EVEN PLAYING

i was gonna say some mad livid **** but the games over and ill just sound like a **** so instead im gonna thank scum for killing me and that im glad i got to play with omni again and blow some bubbles

i say go ahead and say it because MK/other people need to here it.

<3 playing with marshy.

@mk: mafia isnt for you if you cant get over your feelings. you were a major asset for scum
@tom/os: :( i think we were mostly on the same page
@frozen/mac: i have a hard time respecting inactivity play that bridges on the gap of being modkilled but ah wells. a win is a win
@nich: ggs
@zensei: ggs. u were strong endgame but i think it was only cuz of the possible tom clear. i liked your reads tho
@vander: good stuff. good move on the frozen bus Day 1 when there was a kirbyoshi lynch going. i had a good feeling one of you were on there

@xiivi: idk about the setup. a lot of the PR's were designed to give completely opposite or misleading results. might as well have made this a vanilla closed setup

pretty aggrivating game, but seeing vander flip scum made me happy

M.K

Level 55
What makes you think that pounding my self-esteem lower is going to help me? :'/
I KNOW i'm not good. This game just further proves I need to take a step back, reevaluate, not join games for a while, and just work hard to improve my abilities.
TBH, before this game, Xiivi told me that my AtE's were good, to which I COMPLETELY took the wrong way.
>_>
GG Vanderzant, Chibo, and Frozen.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If Tom and I had survived one more day... :(

Did you guys try to NKill me?

Also, the roles that make no sense = funny ha ha but also a pretty lame game =P

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
- good game scum.

-marshy: you did good, chief.

-omni: you did good as well.

-OS: im sorry i got us killed. i should have realized that i would have merited doctor protection if i had simply behaved normally instead of lurking/ trying to borderline it.

-town: i made it PERFECTLY CLEAR who I had investigated. I cannot believe you all bungled that after I died. after I was dead, MK was still going after marshy. Why. Just why. That's not actually a question I want you to answer to me.

when the patriot flipped, i immediately stated it meant absolutely nothing about the setup. people assumed recruiter, or cult, or anything. i flatly stated it meant nothing.

i wanted to lynch macman and frozenflame. when the town stalled out, and we were getting nowhere, i should have realized it was because we were wavering between two scum lynches. instead, i decided to rush a lynch on rockin. I had assumed that this would make me NOT a good night kill target. I mean, really, think about it. Tom just led a mislynch all by himself. That makes him look non-town. So why kill him? Either way, it didn't work, and I died, and then it seems like people just forgot about my suspicions.

I was the **** cop. Looking back at my posts, I made it absolutely clear that I did not want to lynch Omni, Marshee, or Zensei. I stated who I wanted to lynch, and the 2 main ones were scum. Why did this not happen? OS even felt the exact same way - lynch frozenflame and macman - and no one did it. I felt like, when I died and flipped cop, NO ONE went back and evaluated my possible investigations except Marshy and Omni. MK, did not. Nicholas, did not.

This game was very frustrating.

However, it was well designed.

WITH ONE EXCEPTION

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS AVRIL LAVIGNE FLAVOR? SERIOUSLY?

Decisive Games Mafia - the best flavor possible. A meta-flavor. A flavor about our own community.

Why did you add ****ing Avril Lavigne?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
If Tom and I had survived one more day... :(

Did you guys try to NKill me?

Also, the roles that make no sense = funny ha ha but also a pretty lame game =P
Yep :). Frozen basically said 1 of you, marshEE, omni for the kill, and I thought that omni/marshEE were obvious doc targets so I went with you. And you were on to me being scum so it made sense for me.

If mac had posted in the quick topic about 6 hours earlier we probably would of went with Tom though. Bad communication on our part.

I also freaked out a bit because I thought you were some bulletproof indy :p

- good game scum.
Thanks

-OS: im sorry i got us killed. i should have realized that i would have merited doctor protection if i had simply behaved normally instead of lurking/ trying to borderline it.

-town: i made it PERFECTLY CLEAR who I had investigated. I cannot believe you all bungled that after I died. after I was dead, MK was still going after marshy. Why. Just why. That's not actually a question I want you to answer to me.

when the patriot flipped, i immediately stated it meant absolutely nothing about the setup. people assumed recruiter, or cult, or anything. i flatly stated it meant nothing.

i wanted to lynch macman and frozenflame. when the town stalled out, and we were getting nowhere, i should have realized it was because we were wavering between two scum lynches. instead, i decided to rush a lynch on rockin. I had assumed that this would make me NOT a good night kill target. I mean, really, think about it. Tom just led a mislynch all by himself. That makes him look non-town. So why kill him? Either way, it didn't work, and I died, and then it seems like people just forgot about my suspicions.

I was the **** cop. Looking back at my posts, I made it absolutely clear that I did not want to lynch Omni, Marshee, or Zensei. I stated who I wanted to lynch, and the 2 main ones were scum. Why did this not happen? OS even felt the exact same way - lynch frozenflame and macman - and no one did it. I felt like, when I died and flipped cop, NO ONE went back and evaluated my possible investigations except Marshy and Omni. MK, did not. Nicholas, did not.
Yeah you really reeked of a power role. Mac wanted to kill you N1, but I'd already done the kill so we roleblocked you instead (which was useless btw XD). Most people lurk when they have something to hide.

Despite the Rockin lynch, I didn't think you were going to get lynched any time soon.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Inb4inactivitybawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwws

Ah **** too late.

But yeah like, sure I wasn't very active in this game, but that really isn't any excuse. Like seriously, I was brushing up against a lynch so many times but I continuously dodged the hammer. I did what I needed to in the situations I was in and it worked, plain and simple. Town has no one to blame for me living as long as I did except themselves.

I never pitched BS johns about my inactivity. I never pitched stupid AtE begging to not be lynch over inactivity. Heck, I never even criticized inactivity as a bad reason to lynch me. In fact, I openly admitted that it was the primary reason why I was scummy. Problem is, other than my spat with Omni, no one was coming up with anything else on me and thus is was easy to keep deflecting lynch focus.

If I "wasn't playing the game" I would've been modkilled or replaced, plain and simple. I played within the activity limits. Can't really speak for Mac *shrug* There's only so much I am able to or want to say strategically given my position. I had to tread very carefully and that carefulness worked out in the end.

I know what trying to chase inactive scum is like, trust me. Cello and company from Left4Scum is a perfect example. They were WAY more inactive than the scum of this game. It sucks but you have to take something away from that and just push through those lynches you're certain of instead of throwing together haphazard last minute wagons or whatever. I did, and that's why I latched on to Zensei in taco mafia and eventually got the lynch. He was coasting scum and I recognized it and stuck to my guns. It's the job of a good townie to both find scum and convince is fellow townsmen that he truly has found scum and get the job done. Convincing others to act in your interest is a hugely important part of the game regardless of alignment.

The fact that I survived D2 even after telling my mates N1 that I was complete and utter bus material from that point onward really showcases exactly how much town struggled with this convincing aspect. I may have been playing poorly and scummily, but I was convincing enough to keep the town from unifying. That's my job as scum and that can't be taken away from me no matter how much anyone complains.

I can understand why people might be frustrated or upset or whatever, but I put up with enough ridiculous **** in this game as far as personal attacks go (namely Omni saying I should straight up quit playing mafia which was COMPLETELY uncalled for) and I bit my tongue the whole game despite it because there was no sense in letting arguments like that take over the game.

GGs to all though and great job scum. Nice work not stumbling.

Not sure I'm much of a fan of the setup up though. Having two red herring roles I think hurts town WAY more than it hurts the scum, especially since the scum didn't really have to worry about the alleged tracker because of the ninja. But yeah, gravedigger/patriot existing in a game with no recruiting or tracking definitely throws the town for a bigger loop than scum and is just to confusing IMO. I could get behind 1 red herring role, but 2 in one game seems excessive.

Also agreed that the flavour for this game was a bit...odd to say the least. Dgames Mafia as a theme as so much more potential for epic flavor IMO. Still an enjoyable game nonetheless.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I would love to see another dgames mafia, that is just another game where everyone's roles are players, but give it some true flavor
i would actually like to see rockin do it, as long as he can pull himself away from his all girl fantasies to make it lol, cause he does some legit flavor in his games

so a red herring role is what it's called when its like a patriot without a recruiter? iv never even known games before this one that had a herring role, and if there were i completely missed them. thats some real ******* modding imo.

glad i was able to come in and more or less replaced fine. i got into fire a few key times, and one of them was somewhat on purpose. when i joined the game and i pretty much told everyone i didnt really re-read lol. i knew it was gonna help get ppl's minds off of anything that happened with mac, and it gave everyone a bad reason to lynch me to cover up any slip ups i might have had being a scum member replacing into day 3 of a game. a bad reason as in some people might initially think its a good reason to off me, but done so it's really nothing i can be lynched for in the end and the votes will wash off.

im glad i played out my safe claim of jailer successfully especially getting through omni's bluff at the end there which sort of made me ? for a min.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
so a red herring role is what it's called when its like a patriot without a recruiter? iv never even known games before this one that had a herring role, and if there were i completely missed them. thats some real ******* modding imo.
I don't know if there is an actual term for it and I doubt red herring role is it if it does exist, but that's pretty much what they are. Roles that serve as red herrings regarding the game composition.

I wouldn't really call it ******* modding, since the mod didn't actually lie about anything. It gives misleading implications to give someone a grave digger role with no tracker, but it doesn't mean the mod lied to you about being a gravedigger. It's like being a miller in a game with no cop. The mod didn't lie to you, you actually are a miller, but functionally you might as well be a VT.

Thinking about the roles some more, I just realized there actually wasn't a single protective role in the game. OS was BP but that's it. No doc, bodyguard, jailer, or anything lol. So @ Tom, I supposed regardless of how doc worthy you may or may not have been, there was no way to prevent yourself from being NK'd other than avoiding the scum's attention. =/

But yeah, this was def. a very pro-scum setup IMO. The BP+other PR lover pair idea I find very neat though. It's such a simple way to use lovers that hadn't crossed my mind before this and now I really want to use it. It makes lovers so much more viable and less of a liability than normal town lovers. So yeah, kudos for that neat combo.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
IMO our safe claims were pretty **** broken. If frozen hadn't had his Nurse claim, he probably would of been lynched straight up on Day 2, and if Chibo hadn't claimed Jailer I think he would of got done instead of MK.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'd just like to point out to Marshy:

I was on scum wagons from the beginning, and they tried to kill me for it. Eat it, Marshy! =P

I feel like town could have won this pretty easy if they had trusted in Tom or Myself. Once there was no NKill, then Tom and I BOTH died as LOVERS and I was BULLETPROOF and Tom added a freaking :) to every investigation immediately during the day and both of us vehemently protected someone for no reason...

It'd probably be a pretty clear sign that they tried to kill me, then tried to kill Tom, succeeded, then I was killed alongside. Just a simple "let's kill vanderzant or FFlame". :(

Oh well, ggs. I feel like this game could have used a one-shot daykill Vig to add some chaos with actual info rather than straight up misinformation chaos.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
IMO our safe claims were pretty **** broken. If frozen hadn't had his Nurse claim, he probably would of been lynched straight up on Day 2, and if Chibo hadn't claimed Jailer I think he would of got done instead of MK.
This is also true. Giving the scum 2 PR safeclaims when the town only had 2 PRs to begin with makes those safeclaims very powerful. With so few other PRs claiming, it makes those PRs that have claimed more likely to be legit from an in game balance perspective.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
really apologize for inactiving out, i know firsthand how unfun it can make games.

gonna play in a hydra from now on in case i do lose interest in a game to safeguard being inactive

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Bleh, I hate how I replaced in...only to just get lynched for semi bs reasons. I mean really, did Chaco's words as well as my honest stance of who I saw REALLY that much of a bother? I mean c'mon, I breadcrumbed that thing nicely! >:

I do agree that Town should've saw a bit closer to Tom's investigations. I also disliked how MK still went after Marshy. From the read up, I never saw a real issue with Marshy (then again, I never saw a big issue with Frozen either, and he was scum). I was hoping more focused would be brought on Vanz when I asked about him, but eh...

and lulz Chibo. Thanks for that...I guess? XD a Decisive game Mafia IS in the works by me, and I do hope people like it.

****it Omni, why!? lol

Omni

BRoomer
sowwie. I was holding hands with Tom and your play made me uncomfortable.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I'd just like to point out to Marshy:

I was on scum wagons from the beginning, and they tried to kill me for it. Eat it, Marshy! =P
you are good

lol at the beginning of day 3 i saw tom lurking the thread when meta kirby was coming at me and i asked frozen who he thought tom investigated. i almost pmed tom "IVE PLAYED WITH YOU ENOUGH TO KNOW YOUD MAKE YOUR INVESTIGATIONS CLEAR ITS OKAY I SPOTTED THEM." i thought he was having an aneurysm

also really wish chaco stuck it out. i think town was right to be wary of him but i dont think hedve mislynched

and rockin that sounds cool just dont ruin it with some abominable gimmick

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
gonna play in a hydra from now on in case i do lose interest in a game to safeguard being inactive
thats basically what im doing now too. im cycling through all the hydras ive always wanted to do because for about six or seven reasons i cannot complete a game anymore

lol at the beginning of day 3 i saw tom lurking the thread when meta kirby was coming at me and i asked frozen who he thought tom investigated. i almost pmed tom "IVE PLAYED WITH YOU ENOUGH TO KNOW YOUD MAKE YOUR INVESTIGATIONS CLEAR ITS OKAY I SPOTTED THEM." i thought he was having an aneurysm
jesus, i really was raging from the grave haha.

Top Bottom