• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[m-1, 14, 28] avril lavigne mafia - over

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
*comes in and nukes avril-con*

I really wanted to be a scum role in this game now that I saw the flavor.

Good job scum, congrats on destroying those Avril-lovers.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
@Tom/OS: Don't know what you guys are on about, but after you died Town lynched Frozen, and might of lynched Chibo the next day if not for his really good claim.

@Marshy: Did Evil Eye play at all? And where'd you go on Day 3?

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer

ChiboSempai, Rockin, the Mafiosi Roleblocker wins!!!!!!!!!
Hey guys look at flavour-Rockin's song!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B4Rl4QLp-j4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&autoplay=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B4Rl4QLp-j4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Chaco

Never Logs In
Well, I didn't want to make the game unfun for people and was requested to replace out. So, I mean, I didn't want to inactive out as it was getting to that point.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
nah van ee ended up getting ***** by work

d3 i disagreed with the massclaim (partial claim? whatever) but didnt think mustering up an argument against everybody (everyone was for it i think?) would be helpful. i ended up lurking and thinking things over about the game cuz the only thing i was interested in was frozens response to my question

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Hey guys look at flavour-Rockin's song!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/B4Rl4QLp-j4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&autoplay=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B4Rl4QLp-j4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
my god, that group is so **** gay. I can see why Macman didn't want to play D:

Steel I'm blacklisting you off my future Mafia game >:(

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
@marshy: u have a point. i guess it's more gut instinct then anything that kirbyo is telling the truth. more like i want it to be true that he's telling the truth because it would be nice to have him alive if he's telling the truth.

ughh, me being a patriot sounds so legit, too. a part of me wants to lynch him but i still feel like he's being lynched from a single post made from a very not so good player. i would rather lynch meta kirby based on his AtE and lack of content then kirbyoshi over his hydra partner's scumilly lookin logic.

you are very right in that the vig needs to get to work.

my gut is telling me a lot of things:
1.) kirbyoshi is telling the truth
2.) metakirby is town noob
3.) macman is hiding something
4.) a LOT of people are not to be trusted

if i had my choice i'd just bring end game to being me, marshy, tom, mk, kirbyoshi, and MAYBE Vand. maybe.

but yea imma stop going back and forth and take the stance of not lynching kirbyoshi. having a "bad feeling" is a very scummy way of saying "i'm scum so i can pretend to care that this person is innocent" but w/e's, i'm going to go with him being town. *foot down*

which leaves me with toDay's play:
- dumb, not so caught up nick playing like he did as a townie in marathon mafia.... nah
- just really scummiddity frozen for lots of little reasons. mainly his taking a solid stance on OS's argument. great opportunity to lynch the most active player if the omni train had a bit more support. sure.
- macman being a statue. epitome of inactive.
- zensei coasting ******** hard constantly. most consistent lurker

frozen, mac, zensei. anyone want these guys lynched toDay? how do you feel about me not leaning kirbyoshi?

and not to jinx us but i havent heared a peep from OS in a good while. so serene.
man my reads this game were onnn. im forever listening to my gut

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Haha GG Town. Now let us take a trip back to Day 2...
Haha I should learn to stick with my instincts. I knew that you weren't playing your town play, but I didn't want to go purely off meta-gaming, and you never leave any other traces. I couldn't find any thing scummy about you at all >_O

Great game on your end.

@zensei: ggs. u were strong endgame but i think it was only cuz of the possible tom clear. i liked your reads tho

@xiivi: idk about the setup. a lot of the PR's were designed to give completely opposite or misleading results. might as well have made this a vanilla closed setup
It was tough getting into the game at first because I was so busy and kept falling behind, but it was a pretty good game though especially D3. I'm glad you didn't turn up scum, you were the only one other than Marshi I felt I could trust. We think alike.

Although near the end I was coming to think that MK recruited Vanderzant. I wanted to lynch both and keep Chibo so we pretty much had it lost.

Also I agree on the set up. Two too many red herrings. The Patriot threw me off big time. Live & learn I guess :o

I know what trying to chase inactive scum is like, trust me. Cello and company from Left4Scum is a perfect example. They were WAY more inactive than the scum of this game. It sucks but you have to take something away from that and just push through those lynches you're certain of instead of throwing together haphazard last minute wagons or whatever. I did, and that's why I latched on to Zensei in taco mafia and eventually got the lynch. He was coasting scum and I recognized it and stuck to my guns. It's the job of a good townie to both find scum and convince is fellow townsmen that he truly has found scum and get the job done. Convincing others to act in your interest is a hugely important part of the game regardless of alignment.
That lynch cost town the game though. I was only lynched because of Swiss' bus so he could recruit someone else. I played that way intentionally as a means to be a sacrificial piece for Swiss, the mentor, in case suspicion was put upon him.

i wanted to lynch macman and frozenflame. when the town stalled out, and we were getting nowhere, i should have realized it was because we were wavering between two scum lynches. instead, i decided to rush a lynch on rockin. I had assumed that this would make me NOT a good night kill target. I mean, really, think about it. Tom just led a mislynch all by himself. That makes him look non-town. So why kill him? Either way, it didn't work, and I died, and then it seems like people just forgot about my suspicions.

I was the **** cop. Looking back at my posts, I made it absolutely clear that I did not want to lynch Omni, Marshee, or Zensei. I stated who I wanted to lynch, and the 2 main ones were scum. Why did this not happen? OS even felt the exact same way - lynch frozenflame and macman - and no one did it. I felt like, when I died and flipped cop, NO ONE went back and evaluated my possible investigations except Marshy and Omni. MK, did not. Nicholas, did not.
I think we all were pretty sure over who you investigated. I'm not sure where MK's mind was at though >_>. I wanted to lynch Mac as well but MK was just so scummy...

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Haha I should learn to stick with my instincts. I knew that you weren't playing your town play, but I didn't want to go purely off meta-gaming, and you never leave any other traces. I couldn't find any thing scummy about you at all >_O

Great game on your end.
Thanks. Also, massive LOL at me realising that you were scum in Pikmafia because of this game. It was funny because you said something like "Vand you're not that active here" but you were simultaneously trying to call me scummy for completely different reasons in Pikmafia XD.

Maybe one day we'll play a game where we are of the same alliance XD.

Something that amazed me in this game was how strong everyone's stances were on Day 1. I've always been of the idea that you can't catch scum on Day 1, unless it happens by accident or the scum makes a mistake. But town basically decided that 6 players were Townie, and the other 6 were either scum or anti-town (and you were RIGHT). I've never played in a game like this before, and it was probably due to the bunch of good players on Town's side... but it was really cool to see.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
there was actually a streak of d1 scum lynches awhile ago with town making similarly accurate conclusions. its also happened in a few games here and there but only occurs with a strong town. theres been some recently too

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
That lynch cost town the game though. I was only lynched because of Swiss' bus so he could recruit someone else. I played that way intentionally as a means to be a sacrificial piece for Swiss, the mentor, in case suspicion was put upon him.
It may have cost the town the game, but it netted me a win.

Not that that matters anyway though. The point is, at the time I was confidentyou were scum for activity related reasons, voted for you, and secured your lynch. Just because unfortunately getting a mafia lynch in that instance happened to be against the town's wincon (unbeknownst to the town) has nothing to do with the underlying principle of that lynches validity and the importance of the reasons behind my vote for it.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
It may have cost the town the game, but it netted me a win.

Not that that matters anyway though. The point is, at the time I was confidentyou were scum for activity related reasons, voted for you, and secured your lynch. Just because unfortunately getting a mafia lynch in that instance happened to be against the town's wincon (unbeknownst to the town) has nothing to do with the underlying principle of that lynches validity and the importance of the reasons behind my vote for it.
That's what I mean though, it didn't secure the lynch. Everyone had stuck to someone at that point. Chibo and Swiss both had unchanging votes on them. It was only because of scum's decision that I was lynched. Gordito would have voted Chibo had Swiss voted for Chibo. Before that I wasn't even the play.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i just remembered something i didnt like about this game...

were there random deadline extensions?? i feel like there were, and i feel like that contributed to the weird stagnation we had between frozenflame and macman. am I wrong about that?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
there was one when Macman was replaced by Chibo.

macman SHOULD have been modkilled imo.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
The deadlines were like 2 weeks long iirc.

there was one when Macman was replaced by Chibo.

macman SHOULD have been modkilled imo.
Ha, back on day 2 you actually said something like "mac should be modkilled and then we lynch frozen ok?" And I was like fffffffffffffffff

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Refer to the last sentence of 1535 lol.
I totally understand what you are saying. My point isn't that it was a bad lynch. My point is that it doesn't show that sticking your vote on the inactive secures the lynch. Not that it matters, I don't necessarily agree with what you are saying. I'm just saying that that game isn't really a valid example, especially when you were so hesitant on voting for me and no one followed in support.

Top Bottom