• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[m-1, 14, 28] avril lavigne mafia - over

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
xonar, who are you talking to, and wtf are you talking about?

if you dont wanna play mafia then dont join games.

answer my question from above

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm waiting to see the (bulletproof) doublevoter.
Hahaha thissssssss.

What is it with people and asking "who would you pick as your scumbuddy" as a serious question? I see it all the time and I seriously have never understood how people can scumhunt using that Q. It's so WIFOM and just blech.

Omni

BRoomer
it's a question that stirs up discussion, frozen. and sometimes it comes with interesting answers

like zensei's

Omni

BRoomer
well u tell me frozen. do u see anything strange about zensei's answer to my question

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
how long have you been playing mafia? how many games? if you were scum who in this game would you choose to be your scumbuddy?

long, a lot, macman

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Do you not think you would be a good choice lol? You just seem like a good player. I don't have much experience with the people here. Overswarm is probably the only person I've played much with, but he wouldn't be at the top of my scumbuddy list, he always seems like scum.

I agree with FF that it's a bad question.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Do you not think you would be a good choice lol? You just seem like a good player. I don't have much experience with the people here. Overswarm is probably the only person I've played much with, but he wouldn't be at the top of my scumbuddy list, he always seems like scum.

Ain't that the truth? XD

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
do you really care?
I find it strange that you ask for one scum partner when its a 12 man setup and you could have asked for 2 (because the scum team is most likely 3 people). That's why I asked why not marshEE and Tom instead of marshEE or Tom. If you're just asking the question to raise discussion, wouldn't it be better to involve more parties? If you're trying to be specific to this setup, wouldn't it be better to ask for two scumbuddies?

1. lynching scum by scrutiny of posts
2. having good suspects
3. ability to differentiate between dumb and scum (hand-in-hand with 2)
4. just keeping up and not disappearing

then id say

2. Kirby-Bot (ClownBot/KirbYoshi Hydra)
7. OverSwarm
eh. i dont even think kirbyos so bad when it comes to 1-3 from other games ive played/seen with him. its just that ive recently seen him hurt town bigtime in batmanfia and then tmnt by 4 so im left with a bad impression. offhand clownbot...i thought you were scummy in dbz & mayfia (maybe i was attracted to your power roles) but i thought you were good on all fronts in newbie 4. so i see you as a sort of wildcard and its def more kirbyo
marshy, what about Macman? How would you grade him on this list of four, and in comparison to Kirbyoshi?

well u tell me frozen. do u see anything strange about zensei's answer to my question
i want to see frozenflame's thoughts on this

Ain't that the truth? XD
I thought you looked pretty town in Cartoon Cartoons.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I thought you looked pretty town in Cartoon Cartoons.
I tried. I was the cult leader so it seemed to make sense to act town to determine who was town, since I died if I culted a mafia member.

Omni, you know I'm going to be watching you closely. -_^

Kirby-Bot

Smash Rookie
Omni, you would be right up there on my list of potential scumbuddies too, if for no other reason than you play dumb extremely well :-P

~KY

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I tried. I was the cult leader so it seemed to make sense to act town to determine who was town, since I died if I culted a mafia member.
If you applied that playstyle to all of your games, you might live to see the end of some. ;)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If you applied that playstyle to all of your games, you might live to see the end of some. ;)
It only works with inexperienced players. If I recall correctly, my rebuttal to any and all serious questions and my intentions was literally "**** you, I'm mother ****ing Overswarm and I do what I want". Works when the others are new players XD

Omni

BRoomer

this is going to take away from FF answering my question, however, i don't even remember interacting with you in Code Geass mafia since i replaced. you said this was your 9th game. 9th game on SWF?

i dont really care if you think its a bad question. the point of it isn't for scumhunting purposes; it's to create conversation, leave the RVS, and allow myself to get a better feel on you

I find it strange that you ask for one scum partner when its a 12 man setup and you could have asked for 2 (because the scum team is most likely 3 people). That's why I asked why not marshEE and Tom instead of marshEE or Tom. If you're just asking the question to raise discussion, wouldn't it be better to involve more parties? If you're trying to be specific to this setup, wouldn't it be better to ask for two scumbuddies?
the "do you really care" response was directed toward Vander.

the question isn't an attempt to scumhunt, tom. FF already mentioned that if it was used in that manner it's just complete WIFOM anyway. the point of the question is to simply remove focus from RVS and have people start talking about mafia (aka what is happening now). for me, it's to help me get a grasp of how they think. speaking of which:

long, a lot, macman
can you stop being lazy and give me more detail? also, explain why macman.

Omni, you would be right up there on my list of potential scumbuddies too, if for no other reason than you play dumb extremely well :-P

~KY
unfortunately, the last game i was able to get away with using the dumb card was my last newbie mafia. considering i'm no longer a newbie i can't exactly get away with it anymore

Omni

BRoomer
Vote: Macman

too bad i can't vote Chaco, too

There are no bad questions
^ Only bad answers
not that i actually wanna argue this but

how profound

:rolleyes:

ive read enough games too

when it comes to overall:

1. lynching scum by scrutiny of posts
2. having good suspects
3. ability to differentiate between dumb and scum (hand-in-hand with 2)
4. just keeping up and not disappearing

then id say

7. OverSwarm
marshy, what about Macman? How would you grade him on this list of four, and in comparison to Kirbyoshi?
really good with 1-3 and better than kirbyo...i mean ive seen macman kill more scum than him. but your question reminded me of how awful macman is with 4

speaking of which this looks like yet another game that hell have to be dragged into

vote macman

request votecount

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
/agreed @ Marshy about macman and stipulation #4.

We need to get him a postin'

Unvote: Chaco

Haven't done that in awhile.

Also do you guys still want me to answer Omni's question regarding Zensei's answer? About to leave for work but I'll get to it tonight if that's the general consensus.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Vote Count 1
1. ChacoTaco -
2. Kirby-Bot - VanderZant (1)
3. Tom -
4. Meta-Kirby - Kirby-Bot (1)
5. VanderZant - Meta-Kirby (1)
6. Xonar -
7. OverSwarm -
8. ZenSei -
9. MarshEE - OverSwarm, Tom (2)
10. FrozenFlame751 -
11. Omni -
12. MacMan - Omni, MarshEE, FrozenFlame751 (3)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Also do you guys still want me to answer Omni's question regarding Zensei's answer? About to leave for work but I'll get to it tonight if that's the general consensus.
Why not?

That vote count is hard to read btw.

Can I request that they be in descending order from most votes to least?

At least if Macman is inactive he will be replaced. I really don't want to have to deal with him if he is going to lurk/sideline/be inactive (because 1-3 without 4 will just get you lynched and probably waste our time). Wasn't he one of the louder voices for the 2day-prod/7day-deadline ruleset though?

Chaco just updated his game, so... hey buddy.

unvote vote: Chacotaco

Overswarm

is laughing at you
unvote vote kirby-bot

KBot, would you be willing to color code who is posting what in your hydra?

M.K

Level 55
Unvote

Its also missing the number of people needed to lynch and/or a potential deadline. Not that this isn't obvious, but meh, it's better for reference. Can't always get what we want, huh? Even though we're only in Day 1, I think questions are a nice way to transition from RVS-->potential anything. Looks like Omni only decided to question certain people though =/. Lameeee. Oh well, Omni, why only certain people.

Marshy, why OS for your second pick?

Kirby-Bot

Smash Rookie
MK, if you're against only certain people being asked questions then why aren't you questioning more people?

OS, haven't talked to Kirby about it yet but I'd be fine with it, and he signed his last post so I doubt he'd mind others knowing who posts what (sorry if I'm assuming too much KY :p)

Omni

BRoomer
Looks like Omni only decided to question certain people though =/. Lameeee. Oh well, Omni, why only certain people.

Marshy, why OS for your second pick?
@zensei and xonar: obligatory "who the **** are you" procedure.
not sure if i like the questions you're asking, metakirby. they dont seem well thought out nor do they seem to serve much of a purpose.

questions directed to people im unfamiliar with so i can get a better read on them (said this a few times already). another question directed at marshy so i can get an opinion on who's weak in case there's a tie-up between two certain players

fos: metakirby
unvote
Vote: Chaco

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Vote Count 2

MacMan (2) - MarshEE, FrozenFlame751
Kirby-Bot (2) - VanderZant, Overswarm
ChacoTaco (2) - Tom, Omni
VanderZant (1) - Meta-Kirby

Not Voting (5) - ChacoTaco, Kirby-Bot, Xonar, ZenSei, Macman

With 12 alive, it takes a vote of 7 to lynch!

Mod note: I am in Seattle/California until next Friday. I should have enough internet connection to moderate this game, but if not Xiivi will step in.

holler @ tom

macman if youre gonna halfass this game then do us all a favor and request replacement in your next post unless youre scum. steels already got 2 replacements so itd be fine. dont pull a down n dirty or ucmafia

mk you seem to be under the impression that i have kirby-bot as the worst and os as second worst but thats not how i did it. i c/ped the player list and thought to myself 'what have i seen this player do/accomplish as town in other games? how does he fare in comparison to the others?'. i was left with os but keep in mind hes only completed a handful of games here

mk will your play be different this game due to your experiences in scum wars dbz and smash bros. mafia? if so are you willing to explain how?

kirby-bot if you do the color coded thing can you use these colors? theyre easy on the eyes and i think they go well together. they also remind me of cotton candy

i just realized that were working with a 2-week deadline. we should do this game like phoenix wright mafia

fos mk
vote chacotacobro

@mod can you please put the deadline in each votecount and try to do one every page with 40ppp? ee told me hed be willing to change his avatar to avril lavigne for a week if you do :bee:

M.K

Level 55
mk will your play be different this game due to your experiences in scum wars dbz and smash bros. mafia? if so are you willing to explain how?

Hmm. Well, that's hard to say. Scum Wars Mafia was my very first game ever, and I was Mafia Doublevoter. It's hard to say that my playstyle is anything like how it was in Scum Wars. It definitely started to develop AFTER this game.
Likewise, in Smash Bros. Mafia, I was a Town Neighborizer. The main thing I will take away from THAT game was the fact that I'm never going to abandon my suspicions on players specifically noted for their "pro abilities". It cost town the game because I decided to go after a more passive member, and completely disregarded my suspicions of ChibiCat (Chibo/Tom) because everyone was looking up to him.
How will my playstyle be different? It's hard to say, but I'm TRYING to be more aggressive. In the past, people have told me that I've been too passive and that I rely too much upon AtE's when going into an L-2 or L-1/claim situation. I hope this is something I can apply this game.

Omni

BRoomer
nice thesis

huge dislike for chaco/macman right now. don't want their absences to effect the game, but if one if them is scum that could really hurt. really dislike people /in'ing games and not playing; plenty of other people with more activity could have taken that spot.

@OS: you done actively coasting? your presence is there but there hasn't been any content to any of your posts all game and you seem to be contributing in other mafia games. must be difficult to get things going when you're scum

the same kinda applies to Xonar but so far it seems more characteristic of him

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Agreed @ OS... you should probably be more aggressive, as that suits you much better.

marshee what specifically do you mean by "do it like phoenix wright mafia" (besides getting a town win of course)

Chaco

Never Logs In
Alright, I'm home again. Reading now, well, going to do a vote count for Taco. Thennn coming back here.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC

this is going to take away from FF answering my question, however, i don't even remember interacting with you in Code Geass mafia since i replaced. you said this was your 9th game. 9th game on SWF?

i dont really care if you think its a bad question. the point of it isn't for scumhunting purposes; it's to create conversation, leave the RVS, and allow myself to get a better feel on you
I name changed from Exn. But you didn't even remember then. All you have to do is go look really. Anyways even though you don't pay attention, I do, and I thought you were a good player.

And yeah I've played about that many in total, all on SWF. Many of those were in the Disco Room. And it's a bad question because you're asking someone who doesn't even know most of the players. That's like asking a blind person what there favorite color is.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Alright, so, I read this first since you guys have decided I can't be gone for two days. Pretty much all this game so far all this game has been is outside meta. Without any other real substance, that I saw at least. I will admit to skimming right now since I have other things to do.

@Macman Topic: He hasn't posted anything of use in LotR in a good week probably or more. So, yeah, I'd like to see him actually post anywhere right now.

@Omni: Why the distinct rush? This game has been open for 24 hours only, and you dislike our playerslots based on that short period of time. Calm down, I have things to do every now and then and can't be here.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
1. ChacoTaco
3. Tom
4. Meta-Kirby
5. VanderZant
6. Xonar
7. OverSwarm
8. ZenSei
9. marshEE (Evil Eye/marshy hydra)
10. frozenflame751
11. Omni
12. Macman

posting for personal reference

Omni

BRoomer
I name changed from Exn. But you didn't even remember then. All you have to do is go look really. Anyways even though you don't pay attention, I do, and I thought you were a good player.

And yeah I've played about that many in total, all on SWF. Many of those were in the Disco Room. And it's a bad question because you're asking someone who doesn't even know most of the players. That's like asking a blind person what there favorite color is.
ooo, you're Exn. didnt realize your name changed. i pay attention very well. remember i was a replacement so getting a read on players mid game isnt exactly cake. especially if they dont stand out and they die the same Day i join

it's not a bad question and it actually helped me to understand. i was suspicious of you choosing me when i felt u had more experience with other players after playing 9 games, but since u told me they were DR games it makes more sense

@Omni: Why the distinct rush? This game has been open for 24 hours only, and you dislike our playerslots based on that short period of time. Calm down, I have things to do every now and then and can't be here.
why do u act like your surprised? you think my "rush" is distinct knowing that i do this every game i'm in? call it what it is, but don't sugar coat my actions as if they were unusual. combine that with the fact that tom, frozen, and marshEE were jumping on the inactive wagons and i find it funny you only point me out. whatevs

unvote

Chaco

Never Logs In
Because you reiterate your distaste, instead of pointing it out. You demand it by the spotlight.

Omni

BRoomer
Because you reiterate your distaste, instead of pointing it out. You demand it by the spotlight.
i obviously dont mind the spotlight. you make it seem as if it's negative

and it was only reiterated after Tom pointed out that updated your game

Kirby-Bot

Smash Rookie

Has he even confirmed yet? Kinda ridiculous imo.

Also, @Omni: Where was our question? You make me all sad and rusty.

~KY

Chaco

Never Logs In
It just seems odd to go on an inactive kick like that with only 24 hours logged into the game. Just saying, and, moving on.

Top Bottom