• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[m-1, 14, 28] avril lavigne mafia - over

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Vote Count 3

MacMan (2) - FrozenFlame751, Kirby-Bot
Kirby-Bot (2) - VanderZant, Overswarm
ChacoTaco (2) - Tom, MarshEE
VanderZant (1) - Meta-Kirby

Not Voting (6) - ChacoTaco, Xonar, ZenSei, Macman

With 12 alive, it takes a vote of 7 to lynch!

Deadline is Thursday July 22nd 11:59:59 PM EST.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
unvote

@Chacotaco: what about marshEE and what about me? do we fall under the same odd category as Omni? if so, why don't you mention us, and if not, what is the difference?

Chaco

Never Logs In
No, you just addressed it and left it be. Omni reiterated it, and brought it back to spotlight. I do not feel the focus of the game the first hours in should be on inactives. Does it strike you as odd i was brought straight back to spotlight?

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Unvote

It only works with inexperienced players. If I recall correctly, my rebuttal to any and all serious questions and my intentions was literally "**** you, I'm mother ****ing Overswarm and I do what I want". Works when the others are new players XD
Yeah, don't do that again. It really doesn't help town at all.

@Omni: I'm surprised you haven't thrown more questions my way tbh, considering we haven't completed any games together, apart from that one Marathon (and we were both scum). If you have to familiarise yourself with Zensei/Xonar, why not me?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Remember when Kirbyoshi made us lose Batmafia 2....

can we just lynch him and call it a day.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Everyone always knows Tom is the *****. Aka Tom was Catwoman aka what the **** are you talking about?

Kirby-Bot

Smash Rookie
Sorry, I blocked most of that game from my memory, for good reason...stupid Role PM flavor text...freaking ridiculous.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
@Omni: I'm surprised you haven't thrown more questions my way tbh, considering we haven't completed any games together, apart from that one Marathon (and we were both scum). If you have to familiarise yourself with Zensei/Xonar, why not me?
you were my scum partner. im more familiar with your style over Zensei/Xonar. didn't you get a good read on what kind of player i am based on that small experience? are you sure you're surprised?

would like people to stop attempting to scumhunt using the, "why didnt omni ask more questions to more people".

im holding off on saying too much right now. gonna give scum more chances to speak up

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
you were my scum partner. im more familiar with your style over Zensei/Xonar. didn't you get a good read on what kind of player i am based on that small experience? are you sure you're surprised?

would like people to stop attempting to scumhunt using the, "why didnt omni ask more questions to more people".

im holding off on saying too much right now. gonna give scum more chances to speak up
Well, I really only saw how you play as scum, and 1 hour games are quite different to games as long as 1 month.

Tom said:
Remember when Kirbyoshi made us lose Batmafia 2....

can we just lynch him and call it a day.
Mind elaborating because I'm busy lazy?

Vote: Macman where you at?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Mind elaborating because I'm busy lazy?
It doesn't actually have anything to do with this game. But Kirbyoshi read this:

X, you are Harley Quinn (Town Vanilla). Always ready for some mischief, you've decided to go solo in order to pursue Batman and his yucky allies.
and decided it said this:

My role PM makes it clear that I am not aligned with the Joker, if he even is in the game.
Well, technically, my PM does not state that the Joker has to be in the game, only that I am not aligned with him.
so we lynched a townie because he cant read, then we lynched him because no townie would claim someone was scum when they dont know, and then we lost.

kirbyo you shouldve clarified role-related info with me before jumping to a conclusion that could destroy town

zenseis been posting in other games but not here

macman its clear that i was skeptical about your dedication not even 48 hours into the game (68) considering i went so far as to ask you to request replacement if you were feeling lazy. how would you describe my action? which of the 4 votes on you is the worst and why? do you plan on making a post worth reading over the course of this game?

btw ive decided that ill let the lynch pick a song that ill embed into the game when they die. so whatll it be mac?

vote macman

Chaco

Never Logs In
Mac if you're replacing out elsewhere, why not here?

Omni

BRoomer
i'm not going to hold your hand, meta-kirby. and this is also another time where you've asked a question that i don't think has much substance or thought behind it. it's like your way of saying, "i'm trying to do something" but you're not really doing anything

unvote
Vote: Meta-Kirby

btw, i refuse to believe that you couldn't come up with an educated guess as to why i voted Xonar. i dont feel like that question was a real attempt to gain clarity just like most of the questions you've been asking

M.K

Level 55
*siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*
I'm not trying to do anything except get your reasoning. I'm sorry you're such a stingy person. V_V Lord.

Omni, what the **** do you want me to do? Everyone is already voting Macman for OBVIOUS reasons, I don't think it's necessary for me to also place my vote on him.
You don't have to hold my hand. Besides, Xonar is V/LA, and I feel you're just trying to dabble everyone's name in a little bit of scum. ^_^. Does that have any effect? I suppose not.

Omni

BRoomer
very emotional response considering i made a logical explanation for why i voted you.

are you stressed?

Omni

BRoomer
oh, sorry.

cursing, using the lord's name in vain, sighing, intentional sarcasm, caps locking, expressing emotions with faces, and a slight hint of OMGUS'ing. i'm going to assume that you're too blind to see how your last post spoke volumes of emotion... because you're being emotional.

so far you've only been sitting back and answering questions and casually throwing out questions that i find to be rather weak and phony.

so i wont ask you question in this post. my vote is on you for the reason explained above. lets see how you move on and play this game of mafia

M.K

Level 55
oh, sorry.

cursing, using the lord's name in vain, sighing, intentional sarcasm, caps locking, expressing emotions with faces, and a slight hint of OMGUS'ing. i'm going to assume that you're too blind to see how your last post spoke volumes of emotion... because you're being emotional.

so far you've only been sitting back and answering questions and casually throwing out questions that i find to be rather weak and phony.

so i wont ask you question in this post. my vote is on you for the reason explained above. lets see how you move on and play this game of mafia

Chaco

Never Logs In
Honestly, as a person who gets frustrated a lot. I'd say that's frustration, as well as his question being legitimate. An educated guess is not always the proper answer.

Next time just answer the question, Omni. There's no harm in it, unless it's loaded. Remember kids, there's no such thing as a dumb question.

Chaco

Never Logs In
...What is with the replies with pictures? Is that really necessary, and/or useful?

Omni

BRoomer
@Metakirby: thanks for letting us know how useful/helpful you intend to be when a little pressure is put on you

Honestly, as a person who gets frustrated a lot. I'd say that's frustration, as well as his question being legitimate. An educated guess is not always the proper answer.

Next time just answer the question, Omni. There's no harm in it, unless it's loaded. Remember kids, there's no such thing as a dumb question.
but there is a such thing as an empty question, or asking questions just for the sake of questions to look like you're being helpful/useful

cmon, chaco. are you serious?

what do you think of vote on metakirby? what do you think of his play so far? do you agree or disagree with what i've said about him? why or why not?

Chaco

Never Logs In
True, there is that, but the game is so inactive right now that any activity would be awesome. So his question brought this up, right? So I wouldn't call it a waste.

I didn't think MetaKirby was bad until the response with the pictures which just showed an amount of indifference. I think your vote on Meta Kirby is justified solely by AtE, which I generally do not like doing. This is probably because I get frustrated and it gets used on me. But again, it's personal preference. I do agree that the answer could be deduced, however, I wouldn't be certain about him just asking it to act like he's doing something. He may have wanted to see if there was any additional reasoning.

But yes, at this point, I do not like his play. Mainly because that response just struck me as not caring one way or the other. When frustrated you usually do care, instead of replying with images. Annoying ones at that.

M.K

Level 55
Meh, the pictures weren't supposed to disregard the whole case, it's just the fact that he tries to justify emotions based on HOW I Typed something, which I feel is annoying. Don't try to convince me of something that I know i didn't do.
I was simply just asking, and this happened. Lawl.
Omni, if you wanna lynch me, go ahead ^_^ It'll just be oneee lesss towniee.

Omni

BRoomer
yea, i'm not even sure how i want to deal with him right now. i havent seen play this bad in a really long time

ill be nice tho.

@Mk: try scumhunting and being more proactive and aggressive like you said you would to marshy. do you find anyone or anything scummy or suspicious so far

M.K

Level 55
You just make people NOT want to play.
I'll be honest, I was very disappointed when i joined this game and it ended up being Avril Lavigne themed. It's a dumb meme among a select group of individuals, and like EE said, I can find NOTHNG less fitting than she.
So yeah, that's why i'm not all up in this game. You being yourseld doesn't help.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Meh, the pictures weren't supposed to disregard the whole case, it's just the fact that he tries to justify emotions based on HOW I Typed something, which I feel is annoying. Don't try to convince me of something that I know i didn't do.
This is a bad post for at least two reasons.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
True, there is that, but the game is so inactive right now that any activity would be awesome. So his question brought this up, right? So I wouldn't call it a waste.

I didn't think MetaKirby was bad until the response with the pictures which just showed an amount of indifference. I think your vote on Meta Kirby is justified solely by AtE, which I generally do not like doing. This is probably because I get frustrated and it gets used on me. But again, it's personal preference. I do agree that the answer could be deduced, however, I wouldn't be certain about him just asking it to act like he's doing something. He may have wanted to see if there was any additional reasoning.

But yes, at this point, I do not like his play. Mainly because that response just struck me as not caring one way or the other. When frustrated you usually do care, instead of replying with images. Annoying ones at that.
The activity in the game is sort of slow, but I don't think I would say that any one player is being inactive except for Macman.

So basically you thought he wasn't being too emotional until he posted the pictures, and that made you change your opinion on him?

Kirby-Bot

Smash Rookie
Omni, why Xonar? You called OS and he out on active coasting but said that it was "more characteristic" of him.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Should I ask what those reasons are, or is Omni the Question-Cop gonna put me back in Shame Prison?
I completely agree with Omni that part of this game is reading between the lines and or doing your own reading as opposed to being spoonfed. However, you are either unable to reason or unwilling to dissect others meanings or motives. So I will do it for you.

How you type is the only way that you can convey emotions in this game. Testing for emotional responses, recognizing appeals to emotion, and eliciting frustration can all be extremely helpful tools for scumhunting. Its too bad that you think its annoying.

He is not simply trying to convince you what you did or did not do. Apart from continually gauging you, and also stating what he thinks to see if he can pin you by your responses to his analysis, he is also speaking to all of the others players - if they thought exactly what he thought, then they may feel more comfortable about his alignment or more comfortable with their read on you.

You also said "lynch me." Going to pull a Hando?

You also claimed townie under very little pressure. Is that supposed to be your defense? Are you doing anyone a favor by claiming townie?

You just make people NOT want to play.
I'll be honest, I was very disappointed when i joined this game and it ended up being Avril Lavigne themed. It's a dumb meme among a select group of individuals, and like EE said, I can find NOTHNG less fitting than she.
So yeah, that's why i'm not all up in this game. You being yourseld doesn't help.
Omni is doing more for the activity of this game than anyone else - you are the only one who feels like he doesn't want to play because of Omni, and that is only because he is pressuring you and you are responding to the pressure poorly.

"I'll be honest," always throws up red flags for me. Why would you not be honest?

Deal with the Avril Lavigne theme - it is not the only theme in this game, obviously. Also, the meme applies to a majority of the individuals in the second theme in one of two ways - either they like Avril or they don't, and hey, that provides two factions.

If you are not going to play this game, then replace out. We don't need you, we just need someone to play the role you are playing. The same goes to anyone who is going to be inactive or anyone who is going to complain about the Avril Lavigne half-theme.

M.K

Level 55
I completely agree with Omni that part of this game is reading between the lines and or doing your own reading as opposed to being spoonfed. However, you are either unable to reason or unwilling to dissect others meanings or motives. So I will do it for you.
I'm sorry that it blew up like this, yes, but I still don't believe asking ONE question is enough for him to say that I'm being spoonfed. The case on Xonar hadn't even been a hot topic for a while.

How you type is the only way that you can convey emotions in this game. Testing for emotional responses, recognizing appeals to emotion, and eliciting frustration can all be extremely helpful tools for scumhunting. Its too bad that you think its annoying.
That's not the part that I find annoying! The part I find annoying is that Omni is trying to tell me that I had an emotional response when it was not at all emotional. Yet nobody knows this but me, and that's the frustrating part. NOW I'm emotional, because of this, but before I wasn't.

He is not simply trying to convince you what you did or did not do. Apart from continually gauging you, and also stating what he thinks to see if he can pin you by your responses to his analysis, he is also speaking to all of the others players - if they thought exactly what he thought, then they may feel more comfortable about his alignment or more comfortable with their read on you.
Fine, I'll give you that, but who says scum couldn't do that also? Of course the obligatory "they can, but if you flip X and he flips Y, then we'll cross that bridge as it comes" is coming, and I understand.
Sometimes, just as inactivity can be a major factor, overactivity has just as much impact. It's the reason we lynched SSBF in Smash Bros, if you recall. Just posting and posting and posting.

You also claimed townie under very little pressure. Is that supposed to be your defense? Are you doing anyone a favor by claiming townie?
Does it matter? If you end up lynching me, I'll be an asset to town because you'll be able to see the players on my wagon/eventual lynch, and that'll help you narrow the playing field. But you won't, because I'm a townie.

Omni is doing more for the activity of this game than anyone else - you are the only one who feels like he doesn't want to play because of Omni, and that is only because he is pressuring you and you are responding to the pressure poorly.
I don't believe this is true. There are just as many players sitting on the "LOL wheres Macman Vote Macman" case that are coasting by and nobody is jumping on them because it's pretty much a unanimously-accepted position. Yes, it's true he's not here, but does that give you an excuse to sit on your vote until he shows up? Oh wait, he did already, and where did that get us? Nowhere.

"I'll be honest," always throws up red flags for me. Why would you not be honest?
It was something I'm sure the game mods/players didn't want to hear, so it was just a preface. I don't mean to insult.

Deal with the Avril Lavigne theme - it is not the only theme in this game, obviously. Also, the meme applies to a majority of the individuals in the second theme in one of two ways - either they like Avril or they don't, and hey, that provides two factions.
I am ='/ I just attempted to explain my lack of initial "gungho" for this game, not the fact that I don't like it.

If you are not going to play this game, then replace out. We don't need you, we just need someone to play the role you are playing. The same goes to anyone who is going to be inactive or anyone who is going to complain about the Avril Lavigne half-theme.
I'm trying to play the game, I will play the game, but I find it incredibly annoying when every single one of my actions is questioned. Yes, I know this is one of those "they have to be questioned" situations, but it makes it difficult to operate against the grain, because I'm NOT placing my vote on Mac and sitting like a duck, I'm trying to find other leads. Omni clearly has a reason for voting Xonar, so I assumed it might be a good idea to ask his reasoning.
I assumed wrong =(

Chaco

Never Logs In
So basically you thought he wasn't being too emotional until he posted the pictures, and that made you change your opinion on him?
I thought he was frustrated, until he threw up those pictures. That to me gave me a little hint of indifference, as if he really didn't care. Which he admitted to now, soo I dunno where we go from there.

Anyways, basically, I thought Omni was just shoving it down his throat at first and he was sort've getting frustrated at that. But the pictures just broke that feel. It's kind of like I understood the frustration from past experience, then he just threw a loop of indifference toward the game. I didn't expect him to give up that easily.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'm sorry that it blew up like this, yes, but I still don't believe asking ONE question is enough for him to say that I'm being spoonfed. The case on Xonar hadn't even been a hot topic for a while.
IIRC Omni said it was the second time, and I reiterated simply because you couldn't tell what I said was bad about your post. If it wasn't the second time, then Omni needs to explain what he meant by that.

That's not the part that I find annoying! The part I find annoying is that Omni is trying to tell me that I had an emotional response when it was not at all emotional. Yet nobody knows this but me, and that's the frustrating part. NOW I'm emotional, because of this, but before I wasn't.
I understand this sentiment, but then you simply have to stay unemotional if you can - if you think he is town, you don't want him to get on the wrong track; if you think he is scum, you want to prove him wrong. However, your response did seem emotional - cussing, caps lock, lord, etc. so it really did look like your response was emotional before.

Fine, I'll give you that, but who says scum couldn't do that also? Of course the obligatory "they can, but if you flip X and he flips Y, then we'll cross that bridge as it comes" is coming, and I understand.
Sometimes, just as inactivity can be a major factor, overactivity has just as much impact. It's the reason we lynched SSBF in Smash Bros, if you recall. Just posting and posting and posting.
Scum could do that, which is why you need to avoid making mistakes - of course scum will jump on a townie's anti-town behavior. Also, I disagree with the notion that Omni is being too active.

Does it matter? If you end up lynching me, I'll be an asset to town because you'll be able to see the players on my wagon/eventual lynch, and that'll help you narrow the playing field. But you won't, because I'm a townie.
Wrong. It does matter.

Think of it this way: every lynch is an asset to town because it reveals more information and narrows the playing field. Therefore, you are not being an asset to town by agreeing to your own lynch. You are not doing anything but denying us the chance to lynch scum this day. Fighting against your own lynch as hard as you can is an asset to town, because those who disagree with you who are town will have to think harder about why they think you are scum, and those who disagree with you who are scum will either have to back off (and risk flip-flopping) or double down and commit (and risk looking bad on the mislynch).

Do not ever let me see you agree to your own lynch, MK. You're better than that.

I don't believe this is true. There are just as many players sitting on the "LOL wheres Macman Vote Macman" case that are coasting by and nobody is jumping on them because it's pretty much a unanimously-accepted position. Yes, it's true he's not here, but does that give you an excuse to sit on your vote until he shows up? Oh wait, he did already, and where did that get us? Nowhere.
Voting Macman is not just what Omni is doing. In fact, after Macman posted, Omni changed to a different player in Xonar. Also, Omni engaged a few players with questions to get out of RVS. Also, he is keeping a good activity level while creating acceptable confrontation and not posting fluff.

It was something I'm sure the game mods/players didn't want to hear, so it was just a preface. I don't mean to insult.
Ok. I would still discourage the use of the phrase.

I am ='/ I just attempted to explain my lack of initial "gungho" for this game, not the fact that I don't like it.
Ok, understood.

I'm trying to play the game, I will play the game, but I find it incredibly annoying when every single one of my actions is questioned. Yes, I know this is one of those "they have to be questioned" situations, but it makes it difficult to operate against the grain, because I'm NOT placing my vote on Mac and sitting like a duck, I'm trying to find other leads. Omni clearly has a reason for voting Xonar, so I assumed it might be a good idea to ask his reasoning.
I assumed wrong =(
You seem to have incorrect opinions pertaining to Macman, as its not what we are trying to do. But okay.

I'm sure you can note that Omni isn't really going in for the kill on you. He's pressuring you, and I would say you didn't do so hot. But just keep playing the game.

Top Bottom