• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[m-1, 14, 28] avril lavigne mafia - over

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Vote Count 5

MacMan (3) - FrozenFlame751, VanderZant, MarshEE
Chaco (1) -
MacMan
Meta-Kirby (1) - Kirby-Bot
Omni (1) - OverSwarm
ZenSei (1) - Omni

Not Voting (5) - ChacoTaco, Xonar, ZenSei, Tom, Meta-Kirby

With 12 Alive, It Takes A Vote Of 7 To Lynch!

DeadLine Is ThursDay July 22nd 11:59:59 PM EST.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
relax, i plan on responding to your post, OS.

i'm having a ssf4/brawl fest at my place tonight. the point of leaving it open for discussion is to get more players involved. i'll respond late tonight

getting all players involved for the sake of information is the motive behind a lot of my actions. consider that when you're evaluating my future play

Overswarm

is laughing at you
getting all players involved for the sake of information is the motive behind a lot of my actions. consider that when you're evaluating my future play
I did. Helps you, doesn't help town. Find a new strategy, it won't work in this game.

Omni

BRoomer
alright, i drew up my response.

want to see what everyone else thinks of Overswarm's whatever you want to call it. i'll just c/p my response after i'm done brawling/ssf4'ing tonight

Kirby-Bot

Smash Rookie
The "Bot" end of the hydra thinks that OS's problems with your play so far are legitimate.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
alright, i drew up my response.

want to see what everyone else thinks of Overswarm's whatever you want to call it. i'll just c/p my response after i'm done brawling/ssf4'ing tonight
avril lavigne said:
Deadline is Thursday July 22nd 11:59:59 PM EST.
I really wish you wouldn't stall to "get more information", I'd much rather you stay alive if you're town. Squeezing the most blood from every stone isn't always the best approach, and it's looking like you are a lynch candidate for today and I don't like that. It's entirely possible you're just being lazy, and you'd be a stronger town player to have late game.

Omni

BRoomer
the only reason why i would be a candidate for a lynch toDay is because scum is threatened by my presence

drawing connections is important, Overswarm. if you and i continue to argue back and forth then the only connection made will be between you and i. if it's a TvT situation we waste time probably thinking we're both looking scummy from our perspectives and allow scum to take advantage of that scenario. that's why your approach is so poopy which is what i explained in my response.

this kinda thing is pretty good for mid-end game when the numbers are smaller, btu right now it's Day 1 and half of the town is still sitting on their thumb. dont ignore the issue because it's an incredibly large one

you really think i'd be lazy at this point in the game? the only reason why i've considered slowing down my game is because everyone should have a really good read on me and there are players with absolutely NO reads at all.

lol @ me looking like a lynch candidate. besides yourself who else are you implying to find me scummy

Omni

BRoomer
Omni, you know I'm going to be watching you closely. -_^
dear god i just realized u posted this extremely early into the game.

dont tell me you've been intending to tunnel me like this from the beginning.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
the only reason why i would be a candidate for a lynch toDay is because scum is threatened by my presence

drawing connections is important, Overswarm. if you and i continue to argue back and forth then the only connection made will be between you and i. if it's a TvT situation we waste time probably thinking we're both looking scummy from our perspectives and allow scum to take advantage of that scenario. that's why your approach is so poopy which is what i explained in my response.

this kinda thing is pretty good for mid-end game when the numbers are smaller, btu right now it's Day 1 and half of the town is still sitting on their thumb. dont ignore the issue because it's an incredibly large one

you really think i'd be lazy at this point in the game? the only reason why i've considered slowing down my game is because everyone should have a really good read on me and there are players with absolutely NO reads at all.

lol @ me looking like a lynch candidate. besides yourself who else are you implying to find me scummy
Probably everyone that can read my post and see not even an attempt at a defense from you. Pulling a Riddle is not a good option here. You don't fly under the radar with me, you know this. If I call you out, you respond and I don't move on until you're dead or have responded; it's pretty much how I roll.

I don't think scum is going to be too terrified of you anyway. It's infinitely more likely from your play that you're scum and Vanderzant or MKirby is scum with you (both?), and all scum would have to do to avoid you is to post more than Xonar but never respond to you. You've only attacked inactives and people that have questioned you.

I have other players I'd like to get to by the end of the day, but it'd be reeeeeally cool if you'd give an actual response.

Hell, do some actual scum hunting.

You say you want to "get everyone involved" and that you "play mafia with the people that are active, like you're supposed to", but all you've done is vote on inactives. It isn't even pressure because you change it every few posts and no one is with you, you're just the town drunk saying "get ta work!". They just wait for you to pass by. Your words and actions don't mix.

What do you think of MarshEE, Omni? He's a strong player that has barely surfaced yet you seem fine with him. I can understand you giving the thumbs up to Tom with your research, as even a soft claim is enough to move on on D1.... but MarshEE? What has he done that makes you ignore him?

dear god i just realized u posted this extremely early into the game.

dont tell me you've been intending to tunnel me like this from the beginning.
No, just watching you carefully. You're a strong player for either side, so I've gotta make sure you're on the level. What are the odds that watching someone closely would find something? :dizzy:

Chaco

Never Logs In

The top is wrong, Omni. Overswarm has a very valid point, he tracked a pattern within your style and it leads to nothing more than false pressure tactics on inactive playerslots. So, yes, I agree about all you've done is attack inactives. I still stand by my earlier post referencing your attack on Meta Kirby. I think that should cover my opinion on this matter. Oh and to note, I don't like the bold. Seems buddyish, like he's trying to coax OS to be his friend.

Omni

BRoomer
Probably everyone that can read my post and see not even an attempt at a defense from you. Pulling a Riddle is not a good option here. You don't fly under the radar with me, you know this. If I call you out, you respond and I don't move on until you're dead or have responded; it's pretty much how I roll.
no one is pulling a Riddle. i said i already have my pretyped response and will post it. stop hearing only what you want to hear, Overswarm.

I don't think scum is going to be too terrified of you anyway. It's infinitely more likely from your play that you're scum and Vanderzant or MKirby is scum with you (both?), and all scum would have to do to avoid you is to post more than Xonar but never respond to you. You've only attacked inactives and people that have questioned you.
...are you kidding me? you've already figured come to a deduction of a possible scum team when half of the game hasn't said anything?

i've only attacked inactives (so they can be active) and Metakirby. chaco and tom have asked me questions and they aren't receiving a bite in the *** so chill out with that statement you keep making.

I have other players I'd like to get to by the end of the day, but it'd be reeeeeally cool if you'd give an actual response.

Hell, do some actual scum hunting.
have you seen anyone do any scumhunting, Overswarm? i'd like to see an example of what you call scumhunting since you think i've clearly done none of it.

You say you want to "get everyone involved" and that you "play mafia with the people that are active, like you're supposed to", but all you've done is vote on inactives. It isn't even pressure because you change it every few posts and no one is with you, you're just the town drunk saying "get ta work!". They just wait for you to pass by. Your words and actions don't mix.
overly dramatized. my placeholder votes have nothing to do with the actions of questions that i've done. you're just... very incorrect about everything and the fact that you're inexperienced shines clearly when you don't recognize very obvious things.

What do you think of MarshEE, Omni? He's a strong player that has barely surfaced yet you seem fine with him. I can understand you giving the thumbs up to Tom with your research, as even a soft claim is enough to move on on D1.... but MarshEE? What has he done that makes you ignore him?
participated more than half of the town. voted. made connections. asked questions. said things i've agreed with. you know, played mafia. kinda like what you're just now starting to do.

No, just watching you carefully. You're a strong player for either side, so I've gotta make sure you're on the level. What are the odds that watching someone closely would find something? :dizzy:
not sure if you know but Tom, Marshy, EE, and Frozen have been playing Mafia way longer than me. not sure why you're specifically looking out for me as the "strong" player when there are plenty of us who are very solid and some stronger than me. explain?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
vote: zensei

pretty good post by OS, although his problems with Omni don't bother me much,

sir bot, do you the problems that have arisen in omnis play make you think he's scum? What are your thoughts on OS n tom?

who thinks MK is still scummy?

Omni

BRoomer
The top is wrong, Omni. Overswarm has a very valid point, he tracked a pattern within your style and it leads to nothing more than false pressure tactics on inactive playerslots. So, yes, I agree about all you've done is attack inactives. I still stand by my earlier post referencing your attack on Meta Kirby. I think that should cover my opinion on this matter. Oh and to note, I don't like the bold. Seems buddyish, like he's trying to coax OS to be his friend.
just so i can get this straight: chaco, what do you mean that my pressure tactics have been false? i really want to know what you mean by this.

and you don't like me pointing out that me vs. Overswarm could be a TvT scenario?

do you think i'm scummy, Chaco? you didnt really push on this matter before Overswarm came into the picture so i'm interested. it's also interesting that you don't mention oh lets say Tom who practically said everything about my play has been right as a buddy situation, but you were on the ball to point this out.

im on vacation and i think theres some more content from the last few posts that ill get to later but for now i just wanna say

pretty good post by OS, although his problems with Omni don't bother me much
then its not a good post considering he voted him

lmfao

the dumb or scum dilemma begins

so how many protown players are you gonna help kill this game due to your laughable ineptitude at scumhunting os?

omni im glad youre disregarding os' bull**** andve opted to keep playing your game. i dont blame you for shrugging off os' offense (doesnt deserve to be called a case) and i can assure you that anyone with an iota of scumhunting ability has probably put him on their ignore list after that post. feel free to respond to it later but just keep it concise so this doesnt become a convoluted ****storm. brevity is protown

no @ mk/omni scumteam

vote van

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Your "random questions" is like adumbrodeus' statistical stuff. It only works in a few scenarios, otherwise it is just pointless drivel that doesn't create any solid connections in any way. It might help you but it doesn't help town.
Agreed. Considering Omni called out MK for "ask(ing) a question that i don't think has much substance or thought behind it" is off. But in saying that, the questions served more to 'start' the game then anything. I think Omni was more pressuring MK than actually suspecting him (and MK overreacted).

The closest thing you have to your traditional grilling of other players is your references to inactivity in other players. I'm all for punishing in actives myself, but you've spoken against it in other games and aren't even really pushing for their lynch. You're just saying "you're inactive"
I'm interested in this if it's true. Omni are you usually against lynching inactives? OS what games are you referring to? Personally, I don't find anything wrong with putting votes on inactives if there is nothing else to look at yet, but if Omni has spoken against this sort of play, while doing it so far in this game, that's worthy of looking into.

Nice scum hunting. Asking questions to people you don't know that only help you, the only investigative question practically being OMGUS because it is on someone that calls you out for posting WIFOM-laced questions, two complaints on one inactive, a complaint on another inactive, and a vote on yet another.
Agreed.

ALL of your questions have served no purpose other than to make YOU feel more comfortable by your own admission.

Then a FoS on Meta Kirby (another retaliation on someone who disagrees with you!) and a Vote on Chaco (another inactive!) after.... not really answering MK's question. You just reiterated why you chose to do those things, not why they were good ideas or helpful to town. They're not.
Except giving us something to talk about. But I agree, they aren't really scumhunting.

A marathon game lets you have a read on vanderzant? I read that game. No, it doesn't. One game rarely does in the first place.
Agree. I'd also go as far to say that the questions he asked don't really help you read a player.

"how long have you been playing mafia? how many games? if you were scum who in this game would you choose to be your scumbuddy?"

It's a bit like that "are you stressed?" question. Sure, it might be some tactic to get a response from players and have them talk, but the info you end up with afterwards is mostly useless anyway.

You still haven't posted who YOU find scummy. You've just picked on MKirby because he questioned you and disagreed with you!
Agree.

Overall, I don't really mind what OS is saying, but I don't really think what Omni has done is scummy. Sounds like I'm a fence sitter.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I don't think you're really scummy, no. I'm saying false pressure tactics because as OS pointed out you are pressuring inactives. Meaning they can't do anything about it at that time. So it's false pressure, meaning it's pressure that does nothing.

Also, agreeing isn't buddying, so the "buddying", you say, between you and Tom isn't true. Tom was merely agreeing with you. I saw you point out only TvT as coaxing OS. Its the way it reads that makes me think there's a hint of buddying to it.

Kirby-Bot

Smash Rookie
sir bot, do you the problems that have arisen in omnis play make you think he's scum? What are your thoughts on OS n tom?
Haven't talked with Kirby about this little spat between Omni and OS yet but my personal opinion is that, should we not find a better lynch candidate soon, Omni's a primary one. To be honest he's leaning Town to me but I'm not getting a major scum read on anyone so far.

OS and Tom? You mean as in their play? Neither of them are particularly scummy imo.

Chuckie

Kataefi|vanderzant
unvote

I don't think you're really scummy, no. I'm saying false pressure tactics because as OS pointed out you are pressuring inactives. Meaning they can't do anything about it at that time. So it's false pressure, meaning it's pressure that does nothing.

Also, agreeing isn't buddying, so the "buddying", you say, between you and Tom isn't true. Tom was merely agreeing with you. I saw you point out only TvT as coaxing OS. Its the way it reads that makes me think there's a hint of buddying to it.
So you don't think he's scummy, but you think his actions are scummy? Can you clarify please.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I didn't say it was scummy, just that his pressure was false considering he was targeting inactives. Where did you get I thought his actions were scummy from? The only thing I outlined as remotely scummy was the part I bolded. The pressure he was applying to inactives was just worthless. That's not to say that pressuring inactives is a bad thing, it's just that so early in the game I think it's worthless.

Chaco

Never Logs In
i can assure you that anyone with an iota of scumhunting ability has probably put him on their ignore list after that post.
How so? I'll agree it's not enough to vote over, but he did point out that Omni is only targeting inactives. Which isn't that cool so early in the game. The deadline is the 22nd and all we've covered so far is inactives in this game.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Haven't talked with Kirby about this little spat between Omni and OS yet but my personal opinion is that, should we not find a better lynch candidate soon, Omni's a primary one. To be honest he's leaning Town to me but I'm not getting a major scum read on anyone so far.

OS and Tom? You mean as in their play? Neither of them are particularly scummy imo.
vote: kirbybot
no words
how have three people other than macman and kirby-bot posted since this and not commented on it

Omni

BRoomer
welp that sucks. friend restarted my laptop so my extremely long response is gone

kinda happy tho. going tit for tat with you, overswarm, aint gonna take us anywhere and is only going to take away attention from other players that should be focused on. your demanding attitude as a person who hasn't done anything except create a long tunneled push towards someone you were prepared to push early game is awful.

to summarize, i basically said that your entire interpretation was overdramatized, incorrect, and forced. when i read statements like "you've done absolutely nothing" or "why havent you left your mark" or interpreting that i was just bullying MK for no real reason i dont really think it's worth the time to acknowledge it. anyone who knows how to play mafia well knows that you've immediately fallen into the scum or dumb pile. the only people i see supporting you are inexperienced players and MetaKirby because he's still salty. i'm actually VERY surprised that Chaco is attached your essay.

i'm just one person. i already told Meta Kirby i'm not holding his hand. i'm not going to sit you down and explain to you how horrible of a post that was in detail. maybe Tom or someone else will be nice enough to. at this moment you're just a liability

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
i actually have no problem with overswarm. he is being aggressive and doing his thing, and that speaks town to me.

Omni

BRoomer
how have three people other than macman and kirby-bot posted since this and not commented on it
i was just getting to this.

again, this severely treads the dumb or scum line. i'm willing to get rid of him on the off chance that it's scummy.

@tom: yea, he's doing his thing, but it's also influencing other players. he needs to be called out on how bad he is playing regardless if it speaks town to you.

Omni

BRoomer
How so? I'll agree it's not enough to vote over, but he did point out that Omni is only targeting inactives. Which isn't that cool so early in the game. The deadline is the 22nd and all we've covered so far is inactives in this game.
seriously, you too, chaco?

you're honestly going to stand by the point that i'm only targeting actives? even if i was only targeting actives you'd still find that kind of behavior less befitting than everyone else in the game? what are you on guy

Omni

BRoomer
can stay: me, tom, marshEE, metakirby, mac
should be lynched: kirbybot, zensei, chaco, vander
needs to be replaced: xonar, frozen

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
my list is a bit different but i will post it later today

you also forgot OS

Chaco

Never Logs In
No, I wouldn't, you just assume I would. I do not agree with OS that you are scummy, let me make that clear, I agree with his post about your style.

The only thing I've seen that was even remotely odd from you was reiterating your post on my inactivity, but that's how you've been all game. Gung ho on inactives. Well, that and the wording on your TvT thing with OS. That aside, I just don't think it's necessary to pressure inactives on D1. If they get replaced, then cool. Hopefully the replacement will do his job better, but for now let's focus on what you're actually talking about. Ties. You can't get those from people who aren't responding.

Omni

BRoomer
oh okay, just makin sure chaco. i guess you can go to the live pile.

what do you think of my lynch list? also, why are you so slow to pounce on kirby-bot? did that post somehow slip your mind or did you not think nothing of it

@kirby bot: yup. do you understand why mac, tom, and i dont like your post?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Why me? I'm actually curious to know your reasoning other than being butthurt I agreed with OS. It's quite clear from your previous posts that you think it's terrible I agree with him on your style.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Ninja'd.

I missed the Kirbybot post going back to it now.

Omni

BRoomer
nah, i was butthurt about you agreeing with OS, but also thought u were finding me scummy.

ninja'd son

Top Bottom