• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[m-1, 14, 28] avril lavigne mafia - over

Overswarm

is laughing at you
KYoshi, I don't know if you've been reading the thread but we're waiting on a claim from you.

I also find your "OS is scummy!" --> (actually reads OS posts) "...I don't have much, but I hate OS!" trail to be pretty hilarious. Just sayin'.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Ugh, fine. I'm you, and I'm a patriot.

1. Frozen
2. Chaco
3. OS

Happy?

Also, I have a feeling that there's a way I could kind of confirm myself as town, being the first one to fully claim, something I could claim that scum might not be able to. Say the word, and I'll claim it.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
im not familiar with the patriot role, please elaborate

go ahead and claim your thing imo

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Patriot is basically a VT who's not recruitable. So there's prob something like a cult/yak/something in the game.

I'll wait on opinions from more people before I claim my thing :p

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I don't think kirbyoshi's scum. I disagree with his stances on who's scum right now, but I think he's really just being kirbyoshi. However, I need to reread. More coming at a later date.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Frozen said:
Is it just me or has KirbyBot literally done nothing but parrot like CRAZY all game?
It’s just you. The cyan half did no parroting.

Frozen said:
Like this is all just REALLY shallow analysis that doesn't reek of dumb at all, just lazy and scummish
Um…care explaining how it’s lazy/scummy?

Frozen said:
because it is blatant either over simplification of related talking points or misconstruing/parroting of cases.
Oh, my bad. I misconstrued and barnacled SOOOO many cases.

Frozen said:
It's been awhile since I had such a strong read leaning scum in a dumb/scum situation like this.
Funny, I feel the same way about you. I know for a fact from previous experience that you are not dumb. So, why were you so off about your analysis of me? Intentional misleading imo.

Vote: Frozenflame

Ok, what I wanted to claim is my song. It's He Wasn't. I don't think scum has songs, because they hate Avril. Anyone agree with me on this?

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Oh, and if you wanna ask me questions, ask them today. I'll be V/LA, prob until the end of the Day, because I'm going with my gf to the beach. We'll be back late Thursday night I think.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Ok, what I wanted to claim is my song. It's He Wasn't. I don't think scum has songs, because they hate Avril. Anyone agree with me on this?
Couldn't they just... claim a different song? Using google?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
There's like a billion Avril songs, so I dunno how likely that'd be. We might be able to discern some sort of pattern (like only top hits or the like), but I doubt it'd be anything convincing.

Chaco

Never Logs In
thats gay chaco u gay
My bad, but I'm about to be gone again.

@Mod: Be gone for a little over 24 hours.

@Kirb: Detail what scummy intentions could have come from my question.

M.K

Level 55
I'm not buying Kirbyoshi's claim. For one, I think the way he introduced his song was awkward. The way he says "I don't think scum can have a song, right?" stands out to me as "this is a detail I should only know as town, right?" when nothing has been confirmed.
Going off of what Overswarm said, concerning that only the "Top Hits" of her collection would be present as members, the song "He Wasn't" wasn't released in the United States AS a single and was the FOURTH single off of her album in the United Kingdom. I know we aren't dealing with an exclusively American population here, but it would be reasonable to assume that the songs picked to represent each candidate were most likely Avril's best-known songs.
Likewise, I find Kirbyoshi's attack on frozenflame to be a mini OMGUS, basically without the voting part. It's sort of like "You find me scummy? Yeah, you too buddy" and that doesn't really sit well with me.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
well, i dont see why scum would have a song if they hate avril lavigne, but they could easily have safe-claims.

i dont know about the patriot.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Vote Count 11

Kirby-Bot (5) - MacMan, FrozenFlame, MarshEE, Chacotaco, vanderzant
MarshEE (1) - OverSwarm
Omni (1) - Nicholas1024
Frozenflame (1) - Kirbyoshi
Not Voting (4) - ZenSei, Tom, Meta-Kirby, Omni

With 12 Alive, It Takes A Vote Of 7 To Lynch!

DeadLine Is ThursDay July 22nd 11:59:59 PM EST.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If someone wants to hammer, I can switch my vote to KBot, but I'd like to hear more from him first. Just not sure that we will hear anything different.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
MK, I've been caught too many times relying on meta to go full-on gung ho about something like that. And why would I fakeclaim a lesser-known song?

OS, what issues do you have with me, that you still think I'm scum?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS, what issues do you have with me, that you still think I'm scum?
I'm pretty sure you're consistently inactive. You've hardly posted in this thread at all until clownbot stopped caring, and you've prefaced it all by saying "I'm V/LA, going to teh beach!"

How's the beach, btw?

M.K

Level 55
MK, I've been caught too many times relying on meta to go full-on gung ho about something like that. And why would I fakeclaim a lesser-known song?
My problem is not that you are fake-claiming a lesser known song, but using your safe claim.
Once again I see the above as "why would I do something like that?" which, to me, is what people say when you are like

"Did you put the flour in my blow dryer??"

"No, why would I do that?"

">_>"

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
OS, I haven't left yet. Leaving early tomorrow morning, so I figured I'd announce it now. Have I not been active enough for your taste since I started solo-ing this game?

MK, do you think I would suggest a method of perhaps confirming town (whether it worked out or not) if I were scum?

M.K

Level 55
MK, do you think I would suggest a method of perhaps confirming town (whether it worked out or not) if I were scum?
Stop phrasing your questions as "Do you think I would do X as Scum? or "Why would I do Y as Scum?". You're answering your own question, because you are scum and your job is to lead people off of a trail, and the best way to DO that is to ACT pro-town.
Better utilize your time by countering the arguments presented by other townies or making a case on one of your prime suspects, not trying to convince me that your actions are too pro-town to be scum.

for the record those questions arent always useless

i wanna reread and want ee to reread so we can make a pool of players that potential vig can feel free to rid us of cuz he NEEDS to shoot. plus frozens due for a prod tonight and i want another post out of him /onthatass. so cuz dudes are getting anxious

unvote

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
catching up in all my games and posting tonight after work.

As per request i do have a song to claim but im obviously not going to unless its to CC, we agree to a massclaim, or im forced to claim as a result of lynch pressure.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
MK, if you would answer those questions to begin with, I wouldn't have to keep asking questions like that.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
So, you're basically suggesting that, in order to prove myself town, I need to...NOT act pro-town?

???

You're being extremely dumb this game.

M.K

Level 55
So, you're basically suggesting that, in order to prove myself town, I need to...NOT act pro-town?

???

You're being extremely dumb this game.
No, your question specifically asked why, as scum, you would do those things. You and I have said nothing about how to prove yourself as town. There are many ways to get the heat off of yourself, such as making a case against another player, or addressing the concerns presented against you.

I'm not being dumb as much as you aren't putting forth the necessary effort to clear your name.

M.K

Level 55
I did not mention that you had pressing concerns, but simply addressing the ones that are presented to you.
For example, I'd like to know why you tackled me so hard after the Omni v. Me debate, and why, after I gave a response, you dropped the entire subject. Honestly it seems to me like you hopped on a hot topic, realized it wasn't going anywhere, then waited for the next hot candidate (frozen) and jumped on that as well.
You aren't saying much of your own opinion.

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Only real reason was that your response was satisfactory.

Remember, I was the first one to vote Frozen (or, at least, my vote was the earliest out of the votes now on him). That means I started a bandwagon (if one does form), not simply hopped on one.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
-Vander is oddly quiet this game. I don't think you answered my question btw.
-Kirby-bot was more scummy than kirbyoshi. I wouldn't mind keeping him today. I wouldn't mind lynching him either though.
-OS would be a good lynch choice. <l>_<l> That's who I want.
-I've changed my mind about Omni. Not looking all that scummy.
-Frozen Flame has been inactive in other games too. He's contributed more here than in the other game I am currently in with him. Although he doesn't have that many posts, but at least they have some substance.

On the song thing, I don't think the mod would have not given scum songs without giving them safe claims. I don't currently see any down side to a mass song claim though. I just don't think it will have much benefit either.

I don't like Nick's surface reading play. His gravedigger (I think that's would it's called) should be easily confirm-able seeing that there are most likely watchers or trackers if he's telling the truth.

I suppose KYs patriot claim is believable as well.

Top Bottom