• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lyn (Fire Emblem) Discussion Thread

justice

Smash Ace
Yeah you might be right. But I hope that Lyn and the fire emblem characters get special poses if on teams like maybe a short attack together or something funny.

justice

Smash Ace
I guess you are right. But it is good to have some things specialized would it be cool to have specialized specials on team like Hector and Lyn, Zelda and Link, and more (Like Tales of Symphonia Unison attacks) While others like Link and Mario are just combinations of their specials at the same time.

Does that sound like a good idea?

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Yeah I would vote for that, but that would upset several people in team tournaments if they don't have anybody who uses thier complementary character.

justice

Smash Ace
I guess that is why people forms team but I guess that might not work if someone had a good Peach but their friend didn't have a good Daisy if she was in.

I just realized that a new fire Emblem for Wii is coming out and might be released before Brawls. Oh man this might ruin the chances for Lyn because they like to show off their new game characters to encourage purchasing.
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?fs=1&id=2751

GenG

Smash Lord
Yes, it won't happen again. Fire Emblem was in need of advertising at that time. Since after Thracia 776 (1999) the director left Nintendo and made Tear Ring Saga, there was doubts if there would be a new Fire Emblem and the franchise lost a lot of points in the eyes of the fans. There is no need to do that again. This is a special point in Nintendo history were all its main franchises are at full power.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Thinking about how Lyn would play, and all of the people's suggested movesets.....they clearly fit in into Smash style just by looking at the many-hitting MK and Pit. The problem is that we can use MK and Pit as examples, so maybe too many of those billion hitting characters to Sakurai.

This is just following the vein of "replacement" values in our speculations [zsamus/shiek, wario/G&W]

I'm not a fan of the replacement factor theory, just throwing it out there.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Sakurai was forced to do that last time, this time he has free reign over the game and plus FE10 is coming out in like Febuary 2007 and Brawl will probably come out November/December 2007
both of those games are going to be great. I cant wait, but i have to. :(

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Sakurai was forced to do that last time, this time he has free reign over the game and plus FE10 is coming out in like Febuary 2007 and Brawl will probably come out November/December 2007
It wouldn't matter that much. If he wants her in she will be in he has the authority in the end.

GenG

Smash Lord
Yes, If being the key word here, chances are he will use someone from FE7 and FE9 (maybe a japanese FE game but that would mean no new japan only characters :()
Why? There aren't so many deserving japanese characters anyway.

Sigurd (Fire Emblem Seisen no Keifu)
Stafy (Densetsu no Stafy)
Demiru (Tomato Adventure)
Takamaru (Nazo no Murasamejou)
Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight)
Lucas (MOTHER3)
Claus (MOTHER3)

And being realistic, I think 3 or maybe 4 of these 7 will make it. If the full roster will come up to the 40's, what's the problem? 5 of 40 seems okay to me, at least. Sakurai said that, but again, I think he was just thinking out loud.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Considering how Sakurai said he'll try to refrain from Japan-only characters, and that there are enough international FE charcters for him to pick from, I don't think the japan-only FE characters are that likely despite their popularity in their home country. Marth is really the only one I can see, mainly because he is the closest one to being the face of the FE franchise.

While FE9 is definately the most likely FE game to give a character, FE7 does have importance as the first international FE, so if Sakurai is truly thinking about the overseas, then I think there is a good chance that Lyn (or Hector for that matter) to get added. I just hope that it's lack of success in japan means that Sakurai decides not to.

GenG

Smash Lord
So I don't understand why he made a poll only in Japan, asking and pointing at some Japanese-only characters as interesting. Saying "no Japan-only characters" on a Japan-only poll would be like committing sepukku. That or the mobs of fans in front of Nintendo Japan Offices.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
So I don't understand why he made a poll only in Japan, asking and pointing at some Japanese-only characters as interesting. Saying "no Japan-only characters" on a Japan-only poll would be like committing sepukku. That or the mobs of fans in front of Nintendo Japan Offices.
Apparantly he did. Oh and apparantly he said he would refrain from it. So I doubt there wil;l be many unless they are unbelievably popular over there.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
As far as I know, he stated that he'd try not to add them because of international audiences, but may do so if he feels a certain character may be popular outside japan and possibly establish their series there a la FE. The thing is though that FE has already been established internationally, and there are characters from the series that are popular in both places such as Ike.

But it is weird that Sakurai says he's taking internatioal audiences in account yet only has the poll open to japanese audiences.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I thought he was goign to do an international poll later? I heard that from some users here. Any truth behind it or is it just a rumor?

justice

Smash Ace
Hey just don't give up hope. Just wait and found out is what I say even if the outcome may be undesireable. Or you can take alternative method to get your character in............

justice

Smash Ace
HAX IT!!! Yea. >_>
Or become a part of the staff, Take over the character division, Buy your way into the character division, Brid, Threaten:laugh: (joking), and many other methods.

and of course the almight Hacking Ability

But because of tournaments we all know what will happen.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
We don't need more characters from the same franchises. We need more characters who bring NEW franchises to the table.

Roy will probably be axed in favor of a new FE character, maybe Lyn, but honestly, we don't need this many sword users.

Top Bottom