• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lyn (Fire Emblem) Discussion Thread

justice

Smash Ace
Oh yeah sorry about what would people did if someone hacked into the game and made a Lyn character at your house but I guess they wouldn't let that fly at a tournament or something.

Lastly is Hector as good as everyone makes him out to be. Like Hector for brawls. Sakurai wanted Hector for melee at first but got replaced with Marth or something, and more stuff. So I wondering beside the axe what makes him so cool or whatever?

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Oh yeah sorry about what would people did if someone hacked into the game and made a Lyn character at your house but I guess they wouldn't let that fly at a tournament or something.

Lastly is Hector as good as everyone makes him out to be. Like Hector for brawls. Sakurai wanted Hector for melee at first but got replaced with Marth or something, and more stuff. So I wondering beside the axe what makes him so cool or whatever?
He's an axewielder which I suppose is his novelty like Ephraim using a spear and Krystal supporters wanting her to have her staff. Personally Hector is my least favorite Lord form that particular game.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
He's an axewielder which I suppose is his novelty like Ephraim using a spear and Krystal supporters wanting her to have her staff. Personally Hector is my least favorite Lord form that particular game.
yeah Hector is my least favorite lord in that game also and people seem to not want anymore sword weilders and want an axe weilder, while others want a sword weilder, like Lyn.

justice

Smash Ace
I hope I can go tournament pro with Lyn. <3 I would like that. But who will be the next Ken? O_o Since Ken says he is not going to play that one.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Link will always be a sword weilder though. That or just an all around fighter. He uses way too many different weapons to be clasified as just one type.

justice

Smash Ace
He has some many weapons that they can't put them all in. But they shouldn't ever give him the goron sword in smash.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Link will always be a sword weilder though. That or just an all around fighter. He uses way too many different weapons to be clasified as just one type.
Yes, but your missing the point. The fact that he uses the other weapons sould be used as an argument against him being a true sword user, the same with Lyn.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
He has some many weapons that they can't put them all in. But they shouldn't ever give him the goron sword in smash.
Im just saying that if he is called anything it is a sword user because other then arrows, bombs, and boomerang everthing uses his sword.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Im just saying that if he is called anything it is a sword user because other then arrows, bombs, and boomerang everthing uses his sword.
If I remember correctly Smash isn't his main game. In his games you can favor the other weapons. In Brawl if Lyn makes it in everything else other than maybe one attack will use her sword, but in her game you can make her a purely a bow user.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
Ok this debate is going nowhere and i never really cared about it in the first place. We should just get back to Lyn.

justice

Smash Ace
Oh yeah hey Zombie and Basement Dweller I added you both to my friend list her is that okay?

Also I am going to be working on my own drawings so i won't be updating the Lyn gallery that much but I think it is already at a reasonable size now! :p

zombie7775

Smash Lord
So true, so true.

Zombie you seem to have a habit of debating topics you really don't care about.:laugh:
you know it. Lyn really doesnt need to replace Roy though, just fight along side him and Marth. Plus wouldnt it be cool to keep the only character that appeared in melee before their own game in.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
You could say that Roy's main game is Melee. His game didn't do so well so Melee is his claim to fame.
Yes if you say that he is representing melee then you leave in Marth add Lyn and then you technically only have 2 FE characters with Roy as a technicallity. It leaves a wide gap for Roy to return.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
You gotta love wishful thinking.

Oh justice you don't have to ask to add people to your buddy list it is your choice to do whatever with it.

Zombie is a Roy and I used to be better with Roy I switched to Marth because I am lazy and he is easier to use.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
You gotta love wishful thinking.

Oh justice you don't have to ask to add people to your buddy list it is your choice to do whatever with it.

Zombie is a Roy and I used to be better with Roy I switched to Marth because I am lazy and he is easier to use.
hey i can hope. anyway Lyn is my favorite of the 3 lords in that game so im really rooting for her to join.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Not that anyone really cares, but I am having serious problems with Lyn the pic is too large that I can't fit it on a single screen I have to scroll which really messes up my proportionalizing and it is too big to print off can anybody find me one that is only about 400 to 500 pixels tall. The width doesn't mater that much just the height any smaller than 400 though and it skews my detailing. I may need a little time on this one. Sorry justice and zombie. If you could find one where her hair is highlighted a bit so it isn't so hard to pick out the actual lines from the shading that would help aswell, but it's not a neccasity. If you find a picture in the preferred range I will just do a wash on it to loghten it up to see the the details a little better in the darker areas.

*If you guys don't mind the Chibi Lyn I would say I could do that one pretty well.

So which would it be?

If your borderline I personally would prefer the Chibi Lyn. Mainly directed towards justice and zombie, but anyone is welcome to comment on the issue.

I'll probably do the Chibi tomorrow because it won't take as long to do I'm sure if you want the actual Lyn it may be a little longer sorry guys. Patience is a virtue though right?

The Black Cat

Smash Journeyman
One thing, is Lyn gonna be her first from? Thats how she is most of the game. But people are talking abut her bow, so I'm guessing they're favoring her after she uses the heavens seal. But if its her form post-heaven seal will she use the mani kati or the sol kati. She uses the mani kati throughout most of the game obviously, but the sol kati is her ultimate weapon. Remember this could affect her range.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
One thing, is Lyn gonna be her first from? Thats how she is most of the game. But people are talking abut her bow, so I'm guessing they're favoring her after she uses the heavens seal. But if its her form post-heaven seal will she use the mani kati or the sol kati. She uses the mani kati throughout most of the game obviously, but the sol kati is her ultimate weapon. Remember this could affect her range.
Second form so she can use a bow I suppose, but it doesn't really matter they can fudge it with her first. People say she should use the Mani Kati because they say it's better than the Sol Katti?

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I dont mind which sword she uses and if the bow is in there then its cool with me. I just want to see her in brawl and not be messed up.

Top Bottom