• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lyn (Fire Emblem) Discussion Thread

camo-man

Smash Cadet
Speed = 10/10
Strength = 5/10
Weight = 4/10
Jump height = 7/10 (she's light)
Range = 7/10

That's what I want to see! It'd be cool if she had a teleporting move that made her go instantly behind her opponent. :)

T-major

Smash Champion
she would make a great addition! I would wan't her to replace Roy (nothing againced him, but he was pretty much put in for just for advertisment of his game) we keep Marth, because he was the lord in the first ever Fire Emblem. we need to put in Lyn, because not only would it add another female character (which are needed) but she was the lord in the first Fire Emblem game realesed in north america, which has to count for somthing.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
Yeah, but6 he doesn't neccasarily have to be replace FE is a pretty big series they can have a few charcters they have a vast pool to draw upon.

T-major

Smash Champion
Yeah, but6 he doesn't neccasarily have to be replace FE is a pretty big series they can have a few charcters they have a vast pool to draw upon.
true. I'm just basing it on who deserves to get in more. Lyn should get in because her game was an important step in FE games (first FE game in U.S.) Roy's game was releasd after Melee, and he was put in for advertisment, so he's not as deserving. her attacks would also be a lot different than Marth's, or anyone elses. making her unique. and as I said before, another girl character, which I find are needed.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
With all this talk about "deserving" to be in more, I thought you should know that FE7, Lyn's game, was the 2nd worst performing FE title saleswise back in Japan (only FE5 did worse, and that was only due to bad promotion and the fact that it was released for the SNES in 1999). Not saying that Lyn shouldn't get in, but I wouldn't say she "deserves" to be in it more than Roy either, especially since it's all thanks to Roy and Marth we HAVE Fire Emblem in the first place...

T-major

Smash Champion
With all this talk about "deserving" to be in more, I thought you should know that FE7, Lyn's game, was the 2nd worst performing FE title saleswise back in Japan (only FE5 did worse, and that was only due to bad promotion and the fact that it was released for the SNES in 1999). Not saying that Lyn shouldn't get in, but I wouldn't say she "deserves" to be in it more than Roy either, especially since it's all thanks to Roy and Marth we HAVE Fire Emblem in the first place...
yeah, I already knew that. and so what? just because a game did bad in sales, dosn't mean it should be forgoten... it is an important game in the seires, regardless of good or bad sales. and it should be represented as such. it also depends on how many characters total are in Brawl. there might be enough room for both Lyn and Roy. it's also based on possible move sets. Lyn could be original. but Roy (it might just be because I haven't played his game) I don't think he could be anything other then a Marth clone (agian, it might just be me...). I (and probaly a lot of other people) would rather have a new character, then a clone.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Yes, it is an inportant game in the series as it was the first title released outside Japan, but it's impact was much less than that of FE9 (not much better saleswise, but considering the ratio of GCs to GBAs it was much more successful), so if there's going to be any representation from an international FE title, it will most likely be from FE9. Of course Lyn seems pretty popular over here (this thread, for example), so who knows? We'll just have to see...

T-major

Smash Champion
Yes, it is an inportant game in the series as it was the first title released outside Japan, but it's impact was much less than that of FE9 (not much better saleswise, but considering the ratio of GCs to GBAs it was much more successful), so if there's going to be any representation from an international FE title, it will most likely be from FE9. Of course Lyn seems pretty popular over here (this thread, for example), so who knows? We'll just have to see...
as long as it's an FE character from an international FE game, and not just one in japan, I'm happy. I was just picking Lyn because; a) her game is important to the series, b) another female character, c) potentail for unique moveset.... wait a minute... how about the guy from sacred stones? the one with the spear? he could represent the international FE games, and use a weapon thats new to SSB.

T-major

Smash Champion
Yeah international would be nice and didn't Sakurai say the only internationals would be added?
I don't know if he said only international characters would get in. because there are most likely a lot of characters that deserve to get in Brawl, but are only in Japan. if he does just put in international characters, I'm guessing there would be less characters total then there could be.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I think they should keep both roy and marth and just add Lyn. 3 characters representing the fire emblem series is great.

T-major

Smash Champion
I think they should keep both roy and marth and just add Lyn. 3 characters representing the fire emblem series is great.
that could work, but they would need to change Roy's move set. I havn't played his game, so I really can't picture him as anything but a Marth clone. they could change him, I just can't think of how they could... any idea?

zombie7775

Smash Lord
well i havent played his game but im sure if he is in he wouldnt be completly changed. Some of his moves im pretty sure are close to marths but not exactly like his. I think Marth trained roy which is why their attacks would be similar but not the same.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
that could work, but they would need to change Roy's move set. I havn't played his game, so I really can't picture him as anything but a Marth clone. they could change him, I just can't think of how they could... any idea?
Yeah he definitely needs a new moveset if he returns, but this isn't the thread to discuss that we don't want to get yelled at for spam do we?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
To the series FE9 wasn't really that important at all. FE1 was the first FE game , FE4 was the "best", FE7 was the first worldwide and FE9 was the first 3D one. FE1&7 are most important.

It really would be stupid to waste a japan only spot on an FE character now that the series is worldwide, it would be better used on Stafy or Demiru so we can get their series, this is why I cross out Sigurd and Co and place Hector higher.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
To the series FE9 wasn't really that important at all. FE1 was the first FE game , FE4 was the "best", FE7 was the first worldwide and FE9 was the first 3D one. FE1&7 are most important.

It really would be stupid to waste a japan only spot on an FE character now that the series is worldwide, it would be better used on Stafy or Demiru so we can get their series, this is why I cross out Sigurd and Co and place Hector higher.
FE3 and FE4 would have a word with you. And I most certainly wouldn't think it a stupid idea to include anyone from FE2, FE4, or FE5, as those games have some of the best characters in the series, IMO. In fact, it still pisses me off that Japan hasn't released them outside its borders yet... :mad: (But mark my words: they WILL make it over eventually) Also, even though FE7 was the first one released outside of Japan, FE8 and FE9 have performed considerably better.

justice

Smash Ace
well i havent played his game but im sure if he is in he wouldnt be completly changed. Some of his moves im pretty sure are close to marths but not exactly like his. I think Marth trained roy which is why their attacks would be similar but not the same.
first question are all of the fire emblem games in the same world and time?
second question did Marth really train Roy?

xianfeng

Smash Hero
FE3 and FE4 would have a word with you. And I most certainly wouldn't think it a stupid idea to include anyone from FE2, FE4, or FE5, as those games have some of the best characters in the series, IMO. In fact, it still pisses me off that Japan hasn't released them outside its borders yet... :mad: (But mark my words: they WILL make it over eventually) Also, even though FE7 was the first one released outside of Japan, FE8 and FE9 have performed considerably better.
They aren't as important though. FE5 was the worst selling and FE2 was like a bad version of FE8 IMO.

I always thought that all the FE games were on the same planet just different continents and none of them knew about it...

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
They aren't as important though. FE5 was the worst selling and FE2 was like a bad version of FE8 IMO.

I always thought that all the FE games were on the same planet just different continents and none of them knew about it...
Um... I think I would know about FE5 being the worst selling game in the series considering that I brought it up before... (And that was only because it was released on the SNES in 1999/2000) I simply said that I would like characters from those games, not that they have a higher priority - well except for FE4... And FE3 and FE4 ARE more important in that FE3 brought the series to the height of it's prominence and FE4 MADE FE what it is today - it's formula has been used in every FE title since. FE7 did bing FE to the world stage, but with limited success. And again, the Japanese loathe it thanks to the mandatory (you had to link up with FE6 to skip it) and tiresome tutorial quest and the fact it was basically just FE6 version 2.0...

GenG

Smash Lord
Well, as important, we must to separate sales from opinions. For example, Mario Bros. 2 sold a lot, but it's usually considered as a bad game compared to classic Marios (and being just a skin change of Dokidoki Panic). The same for Zelda 2, that one sold more than Wind Waker, but it isn't the most important in the Zelda series either.

On a matter of importance, I would say that FE1, FE3, FE4, FE6 and FE9 are the most important, wether they had good sales or not.

FE1: The beginning.
FE3: The return of the legend.
FE4: The top of the series.
FE6: Revival.
FE9: Return to the roots, 3D (lacking, but 3D after all).

FE7 may be important for introducing the series to the Western, but... that's all. It's like Final Fantasy VII or Dragon Quest VIII, good games but not definitely the best on their own series (in my opinion, of course).

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Well, as important, we must to separate sales from opinions. For example, Mario Bros. 2 sold a lot, but it's usually considered as a bad game compared to classic Marios (and being just a skin change of Dokidoki Panic). The same for Zelda 2, that one sold more than Wind Waker, but it isn't the most important in the Zelda series either.

On a matter of importance, I would say that FE1, FE3, FE4, FE6 and FE9 are the most important, wether they had good sales or not.

FE1: The beginning.
FE3: The return of the legend.
FE4: The top of the series.
FE6: Revival.
FE9: Return to the roots, 3D (lacking, but 3D after all).

FE7 may be important for introducing the series to the Western, but... that's all. It's like Final Fantasy VII or Dragon Quest VIII, good games but not definitely the best on their own series (in my opinion, of course).
Thank you.
That was pretty much the same point I was trying to get across, but I guess I rely on sales figures a bit too much. Also, that list is dead-on.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Um... I think I would know about FE5 being the worst selling game in the series considering that I brought it up before... (And that was only because it was released on the SNES in 1999/2000) I simply said that I would like characters from those games, not that they have a higher priority - well except for FE4... And FE3 and FE4 ARE more important in that FE3 brought the series to the height of it's prominence and FE4 MADE FE what it is today - it's formula has been used in every FE title since. FE7 did bing FE to the world stage, but with limited success. And again, the Japanese loathe it thanks to the mandatory (you had to link up with FE6 to skip it) and tiresome tutorial quest and the fact it was basically just FE6 version 2.0...
The tutorial was only there so it could introduce it to the western world and the japanese gamers always get what they want, we needed that tutorial so it was good for us.

FE7 was still important there is no denying that.

T-major

Smash Champion
The tutorial was only there so it could introduce it to the western world and the japanese gamers always get what they want, we needed that tutorial so it was good for us.

FE7 was still important there is no denying that.
same thing I was thinking.

most people out of Japan like the Fire Emblem series because of FE7. seeing as it would be the first one they could understand, without already knowing japanise. which was the case with pretty much all of them. the popularity of FE outside of Japan is all because of that game. which I think makes one of the characters from it a deserving choice. Lyn is the best choice for a character from the game, because she is the first lord you meet out of the three, making her the most recogniseable for people who haven't gotten far enough in the game to see the otrher two.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
We needed no stinkin' tutorial any body with a brain would pick it up in a few rounds. I didn't listen to the stupid tutorial.

zombie7775

Smash Lord
first question are all of the fire emblem games in the same world and time?
second question did Marth really train Roy?
I pretty sure they are in different worlds.

Marth training Roy??? I can't see how that could happen, considering they're from different worlds altogether... It would be cool though...
As for Marth training Roy, that is just what i herd, Im not positive but i did hear it.

camo-man

Smash Cadet
hey, the thread is more active now. cool. Lyn should be in, as she's popular, a girl, and in the first international FE game. Nuff said.

justice

Smash Ace
hey, the thread is more active now. cool. Lyn should be in, as she's popular, a girl, and in the first international FE game. Nuff said.
Don;t say nuff said that would end the thread she is also cool looking.
It would be cool to have a victory pose where here comes down like from a fierce battle or something.

justice

Smash Ace
For the victory pose the band that holds her hair like that breaks and her hair falls down that would be cool.

Top Bottom