• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Luigi's Social Mansion

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
@ STiCKYBULL3TZ STiCKYBULL3TZ

Wish i could rise with cyclone like that. :/

Oh and I kinda watched a bit of your grand finals set versus Sonic. A few thing i can say is try not move around so much, Sonic wants to play cat and mouse with you. I mean it's fine to walk and stuff to mess up his spacing, but be sure not rush in on him as he will capitalize on that. His entire game is bait and punish. Also use jab a bit more. It with either beat out clash with spin dash if you time it. Plus it's frame 2, which is always good. One more thing, if Sonic is using homing attack, spot dodge! He will miss you and bounce off the ground or land and have a ton of lag. You can the punish with an up smash or possibly an up b. Speaking of up smash if sonic recovers a lot with spin shot, spin dash plus a jump, it has a set distance, so you should be able to know where he'll land. Punish it with up smash, since Luigi's head get's invincibility. Though you were mixing up recovery pretty good, which is where sonic mainly beats us. Maybe this is more suited for the match-up, but just trying to give you some advice in case you have to play him or another sonic again. I play this mu a lot, I know Luigi is suppose to win, but it can be very annoying and requires a lot of defensive discipline.

Last edited:

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
So uh yeah guys I just got first place for the first time in singles...
And I did it with Doctor Mario. 8)

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Gosh somebody else has got to post here guys lol

"Pikachu can camp Luigi but every character can so it doesn't matter anyway."-ZeRo

D

Deleted member

To be fair though, with tournaments like Apex, EVO, and Paragon, where there is more than $1000 on the line, people will do anything to win. While camping Luigi out is a very lame way to win, it has to be done to win the set.

That being said, not every character has the ability to camp Luigi. Even if they did, their camping abilities are either poor or maybe even nonexistent.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Agreed.
How are you lots doing lately?
Swimming in work and school myself. My only free time is weightlifting, playing survivor on here [top 8 so far!] and messaging women on pof [lol I don't have time to actually go to clubs and meet them]

Hence my inactivity on the Luigi boards. Apologies!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
You know Amiibos are litterally cheaters right?
Yeah, I do, but it's an endless cycle. I fight them once, thinking it'll be a quick win, then they proceed to beat my ass, then I go "I can't let them get away with that." then I fight them some more, then I end up dumbfounded at how this little piece of plastic raised my sodium levels equal to that of Salt Lake City, Utah.
Guess how much damage the Amiibo's Fire Jump punch does?
Do I want to know?

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Yeah, I do, but it's an endless cycle. I fight them once, thinking it'll be a quick win, then they proceed to beat my ***, then I go "I can't let them get away with that." then I fight them some more, then I end up dumbfounded at how this little piece of plastic raised my sodium levels equal to that of Salt Lake City, Utah.

Do I want to know?
You don't need to, but I would like for someone to guess Amiibo's FJP damage if they want.
Amiibos can make you salty sometimes, especially when they know how to rip your soul in half and play with it, too. They're fun, but sometimes in teams, they're a pain in the a**especially when they gang up on you.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
You don't need to, but I would like for someone to guess Amiibo's FJP damage if they want.
Amiibos can make you salty sometimes, especially when they know how to rip your soul in half and play with it, too. They're fun, but sometimes in teams, they're a pain in the a**especially when they gang up on you.
A normal FJP does 25%, so I'm going to say 40%.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Pretty close, but its 42% and Ghost(Luigi amiibo) killed me with it off guard when I was between 36% and 50% days ago.
Christ. Amiibo are ridiculous. My Mario has the reaction time of a Saiyan and Luigi can powershield a ****ing tow truck. It's almost like playing Brawl's CPU's.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Christ. Amiibo are ridiculous. My Mario has the reaction time of a Saiyan and Luigi can powershield a ****ing tow truck. It's almost like playing Brawl's CPU's.
Same thing to my amiibo and my Mario amiibo's d-airs are annoying along with his Gust Cape if you give it to him. Zelda amiibo's lighting kick has a way to rob my humanity because that s*** can kill early when you're between 65% and 76% fresh.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Same thing to my amiibo and my Mario amiibo's d-airs are annoying along with his Gust Cape if you give it to him. Zelda amiibo's lighting kick has a way to rob my humanity because that s*** can kill early when you're between 65% and 76% fresh.
Thunder (my Luigi) likes to casually walk up and Fire Jump Punch you at random times, leaving you wondering what the blue hell just happened.
I'm trying to get my hands on a Jigglypuff Amiibo, then a Dr. Mario. I shudder thinking about what the Jigglypuff's gonna do to me. Probably kill me at 10% with a Rest.

Underhill

Smash Ace
NNID
Chase47
Thunder (my Luigi) likes to casually walk up and Fire Jump Punch you at random times, leaving you wondering what the blue hell just happened.
I'm trying to get my hands on a Jigglypuff Amiibo, then a Dr. Mario. I shudder thinking about what the Jigglypuff's gonna do to me. Probably kill me at 10% with a Rest.
My does it sometimes when my back is turned. Hopefully I get a Dr Mario and train well to an a** like my Mario amiibo with Gust Cape. I don't want to think about the knee from Captain Falcon amiibo when I get one because, its just say you're be in the wheel chair from the sweetspot XD

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Oh, Amiibo stories?
Missfire twice in a row. It's all he did to kill me.

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
I feel this was one of my weaker tournaments but still managed 7th out of 40 ppl. Here are a few of my sets. Critique if you can. Thanks.

Winners Round 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPwJsGwc0xM
Sheik is a pretty tough MU for Luigi and needles are a pain but I think I can beat this guy. Just need to be able to adapt more and clutch out victories.

Losers Round 3(?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mjzN2DgLD4
His Palu was pretty solid and was good at keeping away. Patience + Fireball got me the victory here.

Losers Round 5(?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBrTDESbNM4
My oh my. Me and this guy always have close sets every time we play. I had a 2-0 record against him and he got his payback here. A little salty because everyone says how Luigi beats Pikachu pretty well. But I think the thunder jolt camping + plus my inexperience against better Pikachu players beat me in the end.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
What do you mean?
Todays patch changed the angle of d-throw, and increased ciclones startup animation I think?
b-air, ciclone aren't true combo anymore after d-air.

Edit: Have to test myself, so uncertain about possible % ranges for it.

Last edited:

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else straight up quitting smash4 after this patch?

I liked luigi cause he's one of the few characters who can actually get follow ups after 80 percent and can kill without a raw smash attack.

Now he's just boring like forty five other characters.

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
Luigi still has crazy, probably even more, combos at lower percents. At higher percents he's now forced to play more honest for a kill.

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Anyone else straight up quitting smash4 after this patch?

I liked luigi cause he's one of the few characters who can actually get follow ups after 80 percent and can kill without a raw smash attack.

Now he's just boring like forty five other characters.
Honestly... No. We can combo fastfallers pretty good with it, just our killmoves are now less. I wouldn't say we are gone, we probably aren't even leaving top tier...
Simply adapt, diddy is still there, despite nerved twice! And our nerf isn't even too bad, our tools are still there.

Top Bottom