• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Luigi's Social Mansion

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
I wanted to post this in the Sonic Social section, since this is based off something in a Sonic trailer, but the Sonic players are to hardcore for a social section. LOL. I know this has nothing to do with luigi, but its so funny I had to post it.
Now if only we knew what happened whe an ice ball collides with a fireball...

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Good news guyz, Luigi's forward air still looks pretty dang good.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I killed Mega Man with down throw to Cyclone at 172%.
I think Luigi did see maybe a few nerfs?

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
I haven't spotted any nerfs yet, but if the cyclone has less knockback then yes he has a nerf.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
I killed Mega Man with down throw to Cyclone at 172%.
I think Luigi did see maybe a few nerfs?
Mega Man is a heavy weight and a fast faller so down throw cyclone isn't very effective against him. That may be it as opposed to cyclone being nerfed. Seems normal to me. Some people said Luigi's down throw now scales so it's harder to follow up at higher percents, but besides normal rage scaling, I don't see a difference.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Mega Man is a heavy weight and a fast faller so down throw cyclone isn't very effective against him. That may be it as opposed to cyclone being nerfed. Seems normal to me. Some people said Luigi's down throw now scales so it's harder to follow up at higher percents, bir besides normal rage scaling, I don't see a difference.
Yeah, I realized that later. I did manage to get a Cyclone kill on Mario earlier today just like before...

Luigi seems to be unchanged really, at least from what I've experienced.

Pyr

Smash Lord
Yeah, I realized that later. I did manage to get a Cyclone kill on Mario earlier today just like before...

Luigi seems to be unchanged really, at least from what I've experienced.

I hope so. It'd mean that public outcry isn't something Nintendo pays too heavy attention to.

D

Deleted member

I hope so. It'd mean that public outcry isn't something Nintendo pays too heavy attention to.
I've read that in an interview, Sakurai says that he does take fan suggestions into account when balancing characters. It would explain why Diddy Kong has been getting greatly nerfed for the past few months.
Luigi nerfs are something that I have been dreading, especially when people have been asking for them...

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
I heard that opponents fall out cyclone easier post patch. I mean I was still able to rise to get the kill, but there were a few times I mashed a bit and a character fell out. If this true this may also mean gimping with cyclone will be easier. Again nothing official, just speculation.

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
TIME TO TEST DA PERCENTS! (1 hit only test, so no decimals)
Jab 1: 3
Jab 2: 2
Jab 3: 5
Jab 1 + 2: 5
Jab Combo: 10
F-Tilt: 8
D-Tilt: 8
U-Tilt: 6
F-F-Smash Uncharged: 15
F-F-Smash Charged: 21
F-D-Smash Uncharged: 15
F-D-Smash Charged: 21
F-U-Smash Uncharged: 15
F-U Smash Charged: 21
D-F-Smash Uncharged: 14
D-F-Smash Charged: 19
D-B-Smash Uncharged: 14
D-B-Smash Charged: 19
U-Smash Sweet Uncharged: 14
U-Smash Sweet Charged: 19
U-Smash Sour Uncharged: 12
U-Smash Sour Charged: 19
N-Air Sweet: 12
N-Air Sour: 6
F-Air: 9 (I think it used to do 10)
D-Air Sour: 8
D-Air Sweet: ?
B-Air Sweet: 14
B-Air Sour: 8
U-Air Sweet: 11
U-Air Sour: 7
Fire Ball at Distance: 5
Fire Ball at medium range: 6
Fire Ball at Close Range: 6 (I believe that's a nerf)
Uncharged Missile: 6
Smash Uncharged Missile: 9
Charged Missile: 21
Smash Charged Missile: 21
Misfire: 25
Smash Misfire: 25
Fiery Jump Punch: 25
Super Gimp Punch: 1
Luigi Cyclone/Tornado: 9
D-Throw: 6
U-Throw: 8
F-Throw: 9
B-Throw: 10

Here you go guys.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Luigi's damage output is unchanged. Can confirm.

And also, uncharged Missile has 3 variations. Sweetspot deals 9%, sourspot deals 6%, and the smash variation deals 10%. It has always been that way in 1.0.6.

And D-air meteor still deals 10%.

And D-throw knocknack scaling increase is false. Still kills Mario at 629~%-ish, so that's rather insignificant.

SDI on Cyclone may have increased tho.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
So the Green Machine is unchanged? That's good to hear.

D

Deleted member

I've heard that the Luigi Cyclone can be gotten out of a bit more easier, but that can easily be adjusted...
I'm just surprised that Luigi hasn't received any major changes due to the outcry. I'm starting to think that this is how Sakurai intended Luigi to be; a punish character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I've heard that the Luigi Cyclone can be gotten out of a bit more easier, but that can easily be adjusted...
I'm just surprised that Luigi hasn't received any major changes due to the outcry. I'm starting to think that this is how Sakurai intended Luigi to be; a punish character.
I can still kill with the tornado just as well as before so I think Luigi was untouched basically.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
I think you just can't mash as hard, so can't drag them to top of the screen. Though cyclone's effectiveness is also very character dependent, size, weight, floatiness, etc.

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Nah guys, people just probably learned what DI and vectoring is and learned to DI the cyclone on the final hit.

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
True, but wasn't vectoring removed in one of the earlier smash 4 patches?

DJ Delta

Smash Journeyman
Kind of.
Vertical vectoring is gone.
Horizontal vectoring still exists.
Oh yeah that's right. I remember watching a video where they say vector for horizontal KO moves and DI for vertical KO moves. Guess it just slipped my mind.

TriTails

Smash Lord
I can pretty much say Cyclone was untouched. HooHahNado takes like 90% of my kills (After I know it anyways) and I don't notice a difference in this patch.

Speaking of character dependence, does anyone notice Roy falls pretty fast?

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
This song is an accurate portral of Luigi, he'll either screw you over, get beat, beat you, then get beat again, or just get plain out figured out.
Smash puns for the win.:yeahboi:

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
Wow. Its great to kill Jigglypuff with luigi at 60% and higher with luigi's down throw down special while its goin up

Luigi- The god of grab combos

Last edited:

Samura1man

Smash Rookie
I was testing jab locking against every character, found out that nine characters can be jab locked with one fireball and others can be jab locked with three fireballs instead.

Everything was tested at low percentage (20%) on Battlefield by pushing characters off the platform.
Depending of the characters size you can do 1-3 fireballs between 70% to 90% against characters that can be jab locked with three fireballs at low percentage.

Some characters with three fireballs jab lock requires certain distance in order to get hit three times or you have to be as close as possible, as I listed below. For example Mario cannot be jab locked with two fireballs at high percentage, should always go with one.

--One fireball--
Luigi
Zelda
Sheik
Zero Suit Samus
Marth
Greninja
Wii Fit Trainer
Lucina
Roy

--Three fireballs--
Mario (you have to be as close as possible)
Peach (you have to be as close as possible)
Bowser (needs 56% in order to be pushed back by a fireball)
Yoshi
Rosalina (with right distance)
Bowser Jr.
Wario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Mr. Game & Watch
Little Mac
Link
Ganondorf
Toon Link (you have to be as close as possible)
Samus
Pit
Palutena (with right distance)
Ike
Robin (with right distance)
Duck Hunt Duo
Kirby
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Fox
Falco (with right distance)
Pikachu
Charizard
Lucario (with right distance)
Jigglypuff
R.O.B.
Ness
Captain Falcon
Villager
Olimar
Shulk (with right distance)
Dr. Mario
Dark Pit
Pac-Man
Megaman (you have to be as close as possible)
Sonic
Mewtwo
Lucas
Ryu

Last edited:

MonkeyArms

Smash Ace
NNID
MrCheeseburger7
Spa City 5 results:
1st in doubles with a ness. (First tournament win! :D)
2nd in singles again

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The Kutthroats have set out to draw their character thanking Iwata for all he has done.

We invite you to do the same.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Mr. Iwata...

My. I have to thank him a ton. Thank you for the Year of Luigi, and everything he has done to make Nintendo as successful as it is now...

I can draw Luigi! Hopefully, I can post it later.

We need to thank him. We have to.

D

Deleted member

Rest in peace, Iwata. We will never forget what you have done for us and everyone at Nintendo.

It won't be the same without you... your legacy will live on in our hearts.

Thank you for giving Luigi is time in the spotlight with the Year of Luigi. That was one incredible year.

chic

Smash Ace
Hi all i'm a luigi brawl veteran looking to reintroduce himself to the smash 4 luigi community. i was a little bothered and defensive at first by the huge increase of luigi users which i assumed was because of how good he is in this game but i'm over those silly feelings and am ready to contribute to the luigi meta game :) looking forward to getting to know you all

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Hi all i'm a luigi brawl veteran looking to reintroduce himself to the smash 4 luigi community. i was a little bothered and defensive at first by the huge increase of luigi users which i assumed was because of how good he is in this game but i'm over those silly feelings and am ready to contribute to the luigi meta game :) looking forward to getting to know you all
I think I remember you from back then...welcome back! If it makes ya feel better, Luigi is still extremely uncommon in the 3ds version compared to most characters haha

Top Bottom