• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi's Mansion Mafia - Game Over!

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Since I'm here and actually motivated for mafia, I might as well get some other things out of the way.

I don't really understand the read on AggroMed. I'm not sure where it even comes from but I don't agree even if I'm biting my own words saying I'm not going to bother to read him. That was slight ego on my part. Regardless, I like what Rake is doing so far and I go back to what Gorf told me earlier that really made me look at it other than 'Rake is playing weird.' He's not hiding behind his words rather he is being more open and taking chances, which I've come to like and something that relates as to how I read Friday Townie right now too. I don't really get some of their reads right now but I like what they're doing. I'm more concerned with players like Scary/Dabuns as I feel both are just kind of coasting and leaning off the players who are more active and doing things. Scary seems really weird and uncomfortable. He responds to things that aren't really needed to be responded to and I just get a vibe he's trying play a part rather than being himself. I don't understand his intention to appeal to Rake in the way he did in his #119, but somehow Rake took this as townie for something reason that doesn't make sense to me. Could you elaborate on this further Rake? Could you also tell me how you're reading Dabuns too?
In short on dabuns i think what i'll rest my hat on is the experience I got with him as a scumbuddy in fe&a, if he starts to look like he did there i'll most def be on him about it but i don't think he's a player worth prioritizing

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I find myself getting immensely frustrated already trying to get a beat on what the **** Friday Townie is doing, why Gorf decided to change his style for this game, and why Rake suddenly decides he has confidence to blurt out gut reads like that out of nowhere. It's like I've stumbled into the wacko world of DGames where everyone acts completely different, because I certainly don't expect this aggressive behavior from a Ruy/Rajam slot and I don't expect hyper-poster Rake to be outing his reads like that so suddenly. Gorf isn't much of a concern as those two and I'm actually enjoying his gimmick and posts.
It was somewhat a reaction test and smewhat serious, Its enjoyable to me. Why is my slot concerning to you anyway ?
I find friday townies actions to be null

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I'll get to all that after I'm done freaking out about Persona 5.

e.g never

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
Still, this is why I hate talking in pregame before the game starts, then I have to figure out if someone is doing nothing because they don't care to do something til the game starts just cause. People don't take it as seriously and it muddles with my reads on them early. Same happened in Celebrity Rehab with 6-7 pages of pregame and a whole of lot of nothing but hate for how people were playing is all that came out of it.
no dude. we found scum in pregame there. i think it was inferno and we got him cuz everyone just shut their ****in mouths and lynched the ***** instead of talking themselves out of it per usual. WAKE UP RUY!

i agree with rakes analysis regarding scary being a townread atm. not really following why he wants sokr after aggro but we can discuss that later i guess

damn. was def hoping/expecting more to be discussed at this point

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
no dude. we found scum in pregame there. i think it was inferno and we got him cuz everyone just shut their ****in mouths and lynched the ***** instead of talking themselves out of it per usual. WAKE UP RUY!

i agree with rakes analysis regarding scary being a townread atm. not really following why he wants sokr after aggro but we can discuss that later i guess

damn. was def hoping/expecting more to be discussed at this point

Damn son what a blast from the past! Gotta love the oldies, and it makes for quite a back bone. Down with scum! The town shall rise man!

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
man y'all whack as **** and you ain't got ****
AM isn't phazed by pressure, IDK why people are still pushing him off RVS and not getting into the game yet when Mari, Raziek, Nabe, and Circus have yet to even exist in this game as well.

Are you saying that based on my post, you got the idea that I think Rake is going in the right direction? I'm confused. I was just questioning so I'd understand what Rake was going for. Apparently it's just a gut read, so he's pulling something similar to a previous game where he just stuck a vote on someone for ever for no reason and everyone just thought he was moron for the whole game (I'm pretty sure that was Rake).

It doesn't seem that Aggro is in the game yet. To me, if I were to read him based off of his play before he got into the game, it'd be a similar scenario to where I read Marshy in the same way (in both games I was in with him). He played in a way that came across as very RVS-based way later than everyone else, then he actually got into the game and came across as super townie.

Basically, I'm waiting for Aggro to actually start playing before I get a read on the slot. 100% null, so I guess that means they're okay.
I'd like to expand on this now that AM posted.

IIRC Rake, we thuggin, and Scary have voted for AM based on his RVS opening. None of their votes had real content and while the votes are for pressure, against a player like AM they have to be aware that there needs to be some sort of content to get a reaction out of AM but right now those players look like they are parking their votes on AM for the sake of voting him, ya know?

It has to do with gs34 where i went all ham on Scary and made him get all hot under the collar. His playstyle is pretty much what you described from what i saw of his town game, he needs tiem and prodding to elaborate on himself and i feel lke being a newer player if hes' scum it'll be really obvious if we just maek sure to make him back up his ****.

Him appealing to me i took as null, he's done it before like I said and in this game he took my pressure as a joke which it was.

I think it's town telling because hes' wiling to **** around and be disengaging without passing the interaction off or ignoring it. If he were newbie scum i might imagine he wouldn't want to directly respond to me or possibly even ignor eme because he saw how ham i go based off nothing. Even if the guys a fast learner i felt his immediate response was a slight ton tell. Although i don't think me elaborating on it is the best choice , I'll do it because he's in no danger fo dying.
Good to know since I was getting worried about the slot.

I find dabuz leaning towards null with just a little scum lean but i believe I'm biased in that his play is very borderline regardless fo alignment, I don't know why he asked about what he did to me though as it served no purpose to that i saw, and he didn't reall ytake it anywhere so im wondering why he bothered.
I'm a bit annoyed a this statement because I did followup on my questions and it helped me develop my thoughts toward you, hence there was a purpose.

Link to or name of game?

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
dabuz...please stop being thickheaded. we are not "pressuring" AM off of "RVS" (seriously people need to stop utilizing this phrase) bull****. we are LYNCHING him for SCUM POSTING. very simple. dont throw us into a category that fits with your preconceived notions of mafia for the sake of classifying our actions. the name of the game was already named and frankly if you skimmed over it then i dont feel like putting it on a silver platter for you

there was some **** i wanted to ask ftownie about but work for now. this is a reminder to myself

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

AM isn't phazed by pressure, IDK why people are still pushing him off RVS and not getting into the game yet when Mari, Raziek, Nabe, and Circus have yet to even exist in this game as well.

I'd like to expand on this now that AM posted.

IIRC Rake, we thuggin, and Scary have voted for AM based on his RVS opening. None of their votes had real content and while the votes are for pressure, against a player like AM they have to be aware that there needs to be some sort of content to get a reaction out of AM but right now those players look like they are parking their votes on AM for the sake of voting him, ya know?

Good to know since I was getting worried about the slot.

I'm a bit annoyed a this statement because I did followup on my questions and it helped me develop my thoughts toward you, hence there was a purpose.

Link to or name of game?
i must of missed tat

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
All of AM's posts.

Confirming!

Y'all are goin' down.
I subtracted the math because I was focusing on the beauty, you factoring hectopascal.
It's all about the final product. If the equation is not simplified, you could never submit it. Y'know what I mean?
vote: Friday Townie
Where's your beauty?

crunch

I'll add it to the heap!
Nothing about this man's style adds up and yet it's so beautiful...[/green]
ebwop: i am the worst at this
vote: Sokr

1+1=lots of fun, let's factor this babbling binomial.
why is soup>sokr?
Next thing you know I'll be switching my avatar to Kamina and shouting about manly spirit for the entire game.
udawors rake

wait **** i need to be mathy
ftl do you have everything set to a macro or are you seriously browsing this game with two tabs open just so you can like yourself

i mean it's good to have self-confidence and all but you should probably let go of the mirror that's glued to your hand or somethin', you ain't that pretty

MATH TERMS MATH TERMS ROLYPOLYNOMIAL MATH TERMS
soup you just need to take a moment and toast the walrus son you're all high-strung and stressed out and it's killin' the vibe, man
apparently weed is the magic that turns thoughts into wisdom
yeh man just keep it real

man y'all whack as **** and you ain't got ****

I'm not seeing what you're seeing.

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
if thats bait for a case or an explanation thats not how i do business

soup...since you seem to be playing like youre lost in the sauce why not vote with us. yknow. the people you think are town

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
A lot of people were getting on my case for being high-strung or perhaps looking far into things, so I decided to take a step back from the thread and give everyone breathing room. I feel a constant problem with my town-game as of late is that people are always misinterpreting my intentions, or perhaps that they don't understand them. I came into this game trying to adapt to the mindset that I need to be top of things while still assuring people that It's for a purpose. Perhaps it's slight posturing but most of my problems really do stem from the fact that people get the wrong idea about me and I have to go out of my way to unnecessarily explain things in order to get people off my case. While I feel the same case is here, I literally only wanted to re-assure that I made a wrong judgment about Friday Townie/Rake based on the feedback I was getting from everyone.
While I understand where you're coming from and I'm glad that you're re-evaluating your current mindset in order to make yourself and your alignment more clear, you kind of avoided my question.

I'll re-word it so that it makes more sense. When you made 90, what were you thinking at the time? Why was Rake's aggro play weird? What was wrong with Rajam/RedRyu's aggro play? Why did you mention Gordito at all?

Every time I've done it i've been right doe
You do you, grrl. Luck is luck. You get lucky sometimes, you get unlucky others. Not going to vote with you if you have no reasoning tho.

In other news, I'm 100% with Dabuz on this one. Literally nothing that AM says comes across as anything more than general RVS play and null tells. Don't really care for this half-assed push, and it's kind of a waste of time especially since you're not getting a lynch off of it without stated reasoning.

#HBC | ѕoup

It has to do with gs34 where i went all ham on Scary and made him get all hot under the collar. His playstyle is pretty much what you described from what i saw of his town game, he needs tiem and prodding to elaborate on himself and i feel lke being a newer player if hes' scum it'll be really obvious if we just maek sure to make him back up his ****.

Him appealing to me i took as null, he's done it before like I said and in this game he took my pressure as a joke which it was.

I think it's town telling because hes' wiling to **** around and be disengaging without passing the interaction off or ignoring it. If he were newbie scum i might imagine he wouldn't want to directly respond to me or possibly even ignor eme because he saw how ham i go based off nothing. Even if the guys a fast learner i felt his immediate response was a slight ton tell. Although i don't think me elaborating on it is the best choice , I'll do it because he's in no danger fo dying.

What do you make of marshy asking me not to expand ?

I find dabuz leaning towards null with just a little scum lean but i believe I'm biased in that his play is very borderline regardless fo alignment, I don't know why he asked about what he did to me though as it served no purpose to that i saw, and he didn't reall ytake it anywhere so im wondering why he bothered.

I'd also like your thoughts on why aggro mod wouldn't be a good choice to bite the bullet first, and what you make o the current following he's garnered.

I guess i'll just take your word on it. You mean him talking about not responding to Friday Townie's #145? Null?? I don't really have much else to say about it.

This current is kind of like a kiddy pool tidal wave. There's a collection of votes yet there hasn't been any reasoning to them at all. I have marshy telling me he's scumposting and I just genuinely don't see it, and I don't see what you see either. What about AggroMed is damning? His jokative attitude perhaps? He's been pretty aloof and less concerned about things and not really into the game, but that's all I get out of their play.

#HBC | ѕoup

Oh and talk to me about Gorf

I like gorf in hindsight and I wouldn't lynch him anytime soon based on the fact most of his posts are insightful albeit hilarious. Is something tipping you off about Gorf? What do you think of everyone on AggroMed's wagon presently? If AggroMed were to flip scum, where would you look?

#HBC | ѕoup

While I understand where you're coming from and I'm glad that you're re-evaluating your current mindset in order to make yourself and your alignment more clear, you kind of avoided my question.

I'll re-word it so that it makes more sense. When you made 90, what were you thinking at the time? Why was Rake's aggro play weird? What was wrong with Rajam/RedRyu's aggro play? Why did you mention Gordito at all?

You do you, grrl. Luck is luck. You get lucky sometimes, you get unlucky others. Not going to vote with you if you have no reasoning tho.

In other news, I'm 100% with Dabuz on this one. Literally nothing that AM says comes across as anything more than general RVS play and null tells. Don't really care for this half-***** push, and it's kind of a waste of time especially since you're not getting a lynch off of it without stated reasoning.

It really just delves down to the meta I have on players and what I expect of them. I thought it was weird how Rake decided to have confidence and so suddenly, which really set me off from what I normally see of Rake, which is usually the complete opposite where he's constantly hyper-posting in the thread. It's kind of weird because they bare the same content as when he hyper-posts, because the reads are so out of left-field that I'm not sure where he was getting him. That's what really bothered me. I didn't like how he throwing out reads like candy when I was just testing the waters with everything. I had a bit of a nerve when Rajam/Ruy decided to play a bit differently as to how I read them too, and I didn't care for them asking me to hold their hand earlier on either. Gordito just happened to fit in the mixture of everyone playing a bit differently than what I was used to so I felt I would add it in.

#HBC | ѕoup

if thats bait for a case or an explanation thats not how i do business

soup...since you seem to be playing like youre lost in the sauce why not vote with us. yknow. the people you think are town

but the hbc usually leads to disaster everytime we hbc we lynch a townie and yknow aggromed is a good townie to have i need more

Kantrip

Kantplay
Mari777 has not been online since Friday. If she hasn't confirmed by tomorrow morning I'll replace her so we can start this.

we thuggin

marshy|Sold2
wow

so aggromed starts off the game willing to...yknow. play the game questioning people and throwing his vote around. cool. but as soon as a wagon and the focus on him heats up pregame suddenly means **** all!

THIS IS NOT CONSISTENT WITH PROTOWN BEHAVIOR. IF HE WAS TOWN HE WOULD HAVE CONTINUED PRODDING PLAYERS SCUMHUNTING LIKE HE ORIGINALLY DID. INSTEAD HE 180'D HIS APPROACH TO THE GAME BECAUSE HE SAW DUMBASSES WILLING TO DEFEND HIM FOR NO REASON. WHAT THE **** TOWN BODY HIM

smooth way to transition outta doing anything despite it flying in the face of your earlier approach aggromed. but dont worry. ima drag you into it deep come daybreak

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I like gorf in hindsight and I wouldn't lynch him anytime soon based on the fact most of his posts are insightful albeit hilarious. Is something tipping you off about Gorf? What do you think of everyone on AggroMed's wagon presently? If AggroMed were to flip scum, where would you look?
sokr almost surely.

havent thought beyond that yet

wow

so aggromed starts off the game willing to...yknow. play the game questioning people and throwing his vote around. cool. but as soon as a wagon and the focus on him heats up pregame suddenly means **** all!

THIS IS NOT CONSISTENT WITH PROTOWN BEHAVIOR. IF HE WAS TOWN HE WOULD HAVE CONTINUED PRODDING PLAYERS SCUMHUNTING LIKE HE ORIGINALLY DID. INSTEAD HE 180'D HIS APPROACH TO THE GAME BECAUSE HE SAW *******ES WILLING TO DEFEND HIM FOR NO REASON. WHAT THE **** TOWN BODY HIM

smooth way to transition outta doing anything despite it flying in the face of your earlier approach aggromed. but dont worry. ima drag you into it deep come daybreak
Where was I legitimately questioning people? Of my two votes, I threw one at Friday Townie because **** that gogdamn song, and the other at Sokr because it's pregame and I was joining in on what I perceived to be a joke.

I mean, ****, dabuz collectively quoted every single post of mine up the page that show I have yet to do anything of merit and yet you're pulling **** like "play the game questioning people and throwing his vote around" when I haven't taken this pre-game (because, and I can't stress this enough, the game has yet to start) seriously is grasping at straws. You wanna lynch me, fine, but back up your **** with accurate facts at least.

But since you guys are ******* and can't even see the line between "pre-game" and "game", I'm here now and analyzing the hell out of the people on my wagon because there has got to be at least one scummer on it.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
wow

Where are you seeing anything in his posts that could constitute as "playing the game" or "questioning people"?

Everything I'm getting from his posts just looks like pre-game goofing off with puns.

First thing's first, who's on this "wagon":

we thuggin, rake, friday townie, probably other people who did it just cause we thuggin and rake said so? Lemme double check

Bite this fruit for a second man.

When a criminal investigator investigates a crime, like, he looks at every detail man. I can guarantee you that about 2% of what there is available for a criminal investigator to investigate in a crime is actually relevant to the investigated crime. The rest doesn't pertain to the crime, but it gets investigated till it's deemed unimportant to the investigated crime. Ya follow me?

Well, a crime hasn't even happened yet man. At this point in time we have nothing to base any investigation on aside from what's being said before the game's even begun. Cuz no. The game hasn't even begun man. We're still stuck in that dimension that the mod put us in where we're waiting for Day 1 to begin. Will there be things that strike you as off setting for Day 1? Of course. But the fact is you can't go begging for em on the street man. You'll just know, man :).
Also let's all take a minute and read this post again because while I was joking when I responded to it at the time it's still highly applicable.

ebwop: there's like no transition between the two trains. my bet is gorf is joking but rake and marshy apparently are not

no but its encouraged that town plays like it is anyway. "dayphase" is just a title and theres zero reason to ignore it or avoid using it for gameplay. people have their roles and even if potato resets the votecount its not like people neglected to leave a paper trail or cant replace their vote. if someone tells you that pregame dont mean **** then theyre wrong and should be ignored/*****slapped. information is information
while i understand the train of thought, you shouldn't victimize people for not using the pre-game as an extension of d1 because not everyone does it and it's not fair to assume everyone will.

Top Bottom