• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Luigi QA - RIP Mark Dunstan "Marky-Mark"

Vist

Smash Champion
im too lazy to post any opinions so ill just go with what winston says

btw tho luigi poos on puff and brinstar isnt bad

get @ my reasoning

Vist

Smash Champion
LMAO vist you're making me look silly typing these big paragraphs that nobody reads

I don't know like anything about Jiggs vs Luigi so I thought you'd handle that one haha
lol it's too much work to talk about. Luigi just does stuff and puff just accepts it

I've always thought Luigi ***** Puff, but had no reasoning, but now that Vist agrees, I feel validated.
yessss

i don't really have any reasoning either, so now that you agree, I also feel validated

I suck at the puff match up.
:confused: lies!

i guess luigi vs puff doesn't happen too often

here's me vs a local guy who probably just picked puff on random lol (lets just predend its hbox or something)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7pRajwRC4c&feature=related

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Why pretend when you can see the hungry match box for yourself?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J89wPTgh-aw

Speaking of the devil, @ TO5, I took Hbox to Brinstar and took two stocks off of him in pools.

I felt quite satisfied, since it was my third tourney. =D

Brinstar is a pretty good CP stage IMHO. Lava means no crazy shine gimps (most of the time), and one throw can equal a stock if you look to land a fair or dair.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
Both those vids are bad examples...

1) The guys first tourney and lolz

2) Hbox could've landed 4 easy rests on the first stock, after sideBs and downBs all over the place. A Jiggs that knows Luigi would wreck that. He's also approaching with downB and moving around to space rather than approach and evade. Getting past Jiggs wall is what Luigi is good at, not getting to Jiggs bair spacing faster to get hit lol.

Neither of them actually know the Jiggs vs Luigi match up from either side. It's easy to tell that much. But I doubt anyone to date knows what it would actually look like. (It's a shame Mango forfeited the one time he could've played Ka) :\

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Speaking of the devil, @ TO5, I took Hbox to Brinstar and took two stocks off of him in pools.

I felt quite satisfied, since it was my third tourney. =D

Brinstar is a pretty good CP stage IMHO. Lava means no crazy shine gimps (most of the time), and one throw can equal a stock if you look to land a fair or dair.
What
Are you just talking about the stage in general haha that'd make like 10x more sense

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Hey guys... remember those double Luigi dittos from pound 4? Yep... good times...

coughPAKMAN>:(cough
I remember when I couldn't carry the cross and win for Vist & myself iirc. :urg:

Luigi fail.

What
Are you just talking about the stage in general haha that'd make like 10x more sense
Yeah, I was talking about the stage (viz Brinstar) on the last sentence. Sorry for the confusion.

Vist

Smash Champion
it was that dude's first tourney...

let's just pretend it's hbox LOOL
ROFL yeah I thought it was pretty funny. Didn't mean to have it taken seriously b/c the guy is new to the scene and all that.

Hey guys... remember those double Luigi dittos from pound 4? Yep... good times...

coughPAKMAN>:(cough
haha yeah man those were awesome =(

Both those vids are bad examples...

1) The guys first tourney and lolz

2) Hbox could've landed 4 easy rests on the first stock, after sideBs and downBs all over the place. A Jiggs that knows Luigi would wreck that. He's also approaching with downB and moving around to space rather than approach and evade. Getting past Jiggs wall is what Luigi is good at, not getting to Jiggs bair spacing faster to get hit lol.

Neither of them actually know the Jiggs vs Luigi match up from either side. It's easy to tell that much. But I doubt anyone to date knows what it would actually look like. (It's a shame Mango forfeited the one time he could've played Ka) :\
haha yea mine wasn't meant to be taken seriously but lozr/hbox's wasnt bad. Lozr's luigi is legit as **** but afaik he rarely uses it in tournament so I imagine the lack of experience holds him back sometimes.... btw i played mango in pools at pound 3 and won rofl.. I can't imagine ka losing that matchup either

I remember when I couldn't carry the cross and win for Vist & myself iirc. :urg:

Luigi fail.
**** I don't remember. These matches are like a missing part of my soul lol

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
The matchup is probably 60/40 in puff's favor imo, 55/45 at the absolute best.

On recovery as luigi, every time you use your side-b you're bair'd, and if you misfire accidentally you should be rested. Luigi has speed and good moves (his aerials, ftilt, usmash and dsmash) to use against puff but her agility (and the mindgames that come with it) is hard to deal with at times. You also can't edgeguard her (obviously)... but you can punish rests pretty well :>

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
it's also missing eddy, that lolzr guy or whatever apparently, etc too. But it is a GREAT GROUP OF GREEN to see. :D

Ka is leaving for 2 years. His last tourney is this weekend and it's 1 hour from me but I can't make it cause my passport is in another city right now. :(

Everyone has to step it up now.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Lol @ that lolzr guy. LOZR's luigi is definitely legit. Too bad he doesn't practice that much anymore lol. I love playing luigi dittos with him.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
it's also missing eddy, that lolzr guy or whatever apparently, etc too. But it is a GREAT GROUP OF GREEN to see. :D

Ka is leaving for 2 years. His last tourney is this weekend and it's 1 hour from me but I can't make it cause my passport is in another city right now. :(

Everyone has to step it up now.
Ka-Master leaving? :cry:

Whose gonna fill in those shoes?

Lol @ that lolzr guy. LOZR's luigi is definitely legit. Too bad he doesn't practice that much anymore lol. I love playing luigi dittos with him.
Lozr has a super legit Luigi that he should co-main with his Fox.

I think he should pull him out @ regionals in Catfish country and play with him there. He could get good quick.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Lozr has a super legit Luigi that he should co-main with his Fox.

I think he should pull him out @ regionals in Catfish country and play with him there. He could get good quick.
Honestly he IS good. He's one of the most underrated players in all of melee. He could get his skill back 100% with all his characters in just one month of play, and I'm hoping that Ali/I've Jihad It's recent announcement to come back to melee will inspire him to do so. He just works a lot and plays a **** load of CoD haha, If I lived closer to him I'd never let his melee spirit die!

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
There are a lot of those 'most underrated players'
If only they could all get some urge to put 100% effort in, just for a month, then the whole world of melee would change and be soooo awesome.

Filling Ka's shoes wouldn't be so hard. o.O O.o o.O

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Ka is pretty tall, I think he has pretty big shoes :lick:
Played him at Pound 4 in friendlies, my experience of having a Luigi roommate let me get him down to like 2 stocks haha

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
Becoming a Luigi player who can do well consistently at Nationals is pretty tough dude...

but yeah I feel like atm there aren't any Luigis who optimize all of the basic things Luigi should be doing. We can definitely step up his metagame

Top Bottom