• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LuCKless

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Has been delayed permanently.

Nah, I'm messing. Here's the video topic:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6280240#post6280240

And here's the actual video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkWtuBhYbwc

I'll try to secure the HQ version sometime soon, for anyone that wants it. If you're into trippin', I'd suggest watching this video while doing it. I think Chap may have been a little gone when he made it.

Turns out that a LOT of the clips I wanted in weren't used, so I'll be sending them to whoever is in charge of that Sonic community project. Also, the section dedicated to Sonic's rest was removed, so I may end up putting that together on my own.

All in all, it's not too shabby, but not quite what I expected. Still, he put it together for me free of charge, so I can't complain. Especially not with the intro. :D

EDIT: For the love of ALL things holy, watch in HQ.

Tenki

Smash Hero
This one's better though, since it's your video.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Izzy rocks.

The video was also very well done. Great editing, great music selection, the works.

But...no color? At all? It would've been sweet if Sonic was blue and everything else was black and white.

That probably would've taken a LOT more work though, lol.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
lol. Is the title name meant to piss of Lucky the hedgehog?
Because he doesn't contribute anymore, and the current Sonic players seem to be doing just as good or better than Lucky. I guess that's why you named the video "LuCKless"? Because we are doing fine without him.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Mainly because him and I would make fun of each other in the old days.

Also, it seems like Chap took out a pretty good chunk of things, so I'll be sending the full file to whoever is in charge of the community combo vid.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
I was a little upset in seeing no combos breaking the realm of what's already been done. You had a LOT of basic stuff. I would have enjoyed a video of just the Jablock to Dsmash, that thing with the two Spindash to fair thing on Yoshi's, and lulzy Sonic quotes in between all the same.

The music was cool though.

But barely any of the combos were a finisher, and that made me sad.

:093:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
he was mindgaming f smashes tho...

also there was 1 sexy mindgame kill where he up threw, did a full hop backwards, landed, and than spring up aired ROB, i thought that was nice

like i said in my youtube comment, the intro to a combo vid really shouldnt be any longer than 30 secs tho...

p.s. you put a metric anusload of missed jablock setups in that vid.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
it was okay, but like boxhead said, a lot of basic stuff. a lot of F smashes. and the start was so long and it wierded me out. but, i likeed the black/white video, went well with the music and had a nice style to it.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
LOL double post.

Combo video was okay I guess, I can't complain since I can't make a better one myself.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
I'm assuming we saw a lot of basic stuff because Zeal didn't put it all together. Soooo no surprises there, I'd be interested in what the source matches looked like in their entirety.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Yeah, he removed a lot of stuff I thought would be really cool, and, truth be told, what he did was up the contrast, make it BnW, and toss an intro and ending to the video after taking out a ****ton of clips.

Also, I like using jab-lock set-ups to put pressure on people, rather than jab-locking. Looks cooler, and puts them in a bad situation. Plus, it's more reliable, in my opinion. I only go for jab-locks against people that I know aren't aware of it's technicalities, and Snake players (cuz it scares them).

Charged fsmash is Sonic's rest, no joke. I was going to have a whole section dedicated to it, with rest noises and everything. I hit with it like... 30 times in the course of a day, and most of them WERE kills. That's where most my kills come from, and that's why you didn't see very many kills. Chap kinda cut them out.

So yeah, sorry it wasn't awesome like I said it would be. I got lazy and let Chap take over, and he got lazy. D:

And I hate to say it, but Brawl is a game of nothing but basics. All the footage was taken in one day, and during a tournament. I can't really screw around when one match means I get 4th instead of second. D: D: D:

But in the end, no johns. I could have actually made the video myself. I'll try to get matches up again sometime, since I think they're actually cooler than combo videos for Brawl.

You guys shoulda seen finals, I got like... 4 jab locks in one round on a DK. Green Greens too good for Sonic. But then I found out at the last possible second that DK Punch has no lag whatsoever when canceled into dsmash, and instead of punishing his laggy attack and winning, I died. D: D: D:

Tape died in the middle of second round. So gay.

Boxob.

Smash Lord
See that? Even Izzy thinks Green Greens is good for Sonic.

**** you guys.

<3

The mindgames were cool, but definitely got stale after a while, the rest noises thing would have made it a lot better, lol.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
See that? Even Izzy thinks Green Greens is good for Sonic.

**** you guys.

<3

The mindgames were cool, but definitely got stale after a while, the rest noises thing would have made it a lot better, lol.

Last weekend I counterpicked Green Greens vs. Hylian. His last stock was lost by fairing a falling bomb block.

Too good, this Green Greens.

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Yeah, he removed a lot of stuff I thought would be really cool, and, truth be told, what he did was up the contrast, make it BnW, and toss an intro and ending to the video after taking out a ****ton of clips.

Also, I like using jab-lock set-ups to put pressure on people, rather than jab-locking. Looks cooler, and puts them in a bad situation. Plus, it's more reliable, in my opinion. I only go for jab-locks against people that I know aren't aware of it's technicalities, and Snake players (cuz it scares them).
I don't really see what you mean. How could the set-up be superior to actually getting the lock?
You should get more damage with the lock 100% of the time if you get it right?

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
you got results?
I've been placing anywhere from 2nd to 7th at every tournament (sans two) since Brawl came out. I actually normally get 4th, and have only gone higher/lower than that about 4-5 times out of who-knows how many tournaments. I just don't list my results because I don't want to get into the contest of "omgwhosebetter" when the only other Sonic players that are placing (that I know of) are Puffball (who I like) and Mr.3000 (who doesn't even come to these boards). There might be others, but those are the only ones I know of that beat players that I know are good. Memphis might do well, but I haven't checked the results thread in a while. Even if he doesn't, he plays people like Azen, so it is entirely possible for him to actually be leagues better than 3000 without placing well.

I don't really see what you mean. How could the set-up be superior to actually getting the lock?
You should get more damage with the lock 100% of the time if you get it right?
That's just the thing. The lock only works against people that don't know what they're doing. First, it only works below 30% or so. Second, it's only REALLY useful in the 20-30% range, as you'll get maybe 20% if you're lucky off of it. Then there's always the fact that they can DI off the footstool, or the spring, and you have to reaction reverse your up-b in order to catch them. If the DI the spring properly, there is almost no way you can properly tag them with it. Even after the jab-lock is set up, they can still SDI any of the jabs to really throw off your spacing, or even try to ruin your dsmash at the end.

So, numbers-wise, jab-locking is better than using a set-up. For practicality's sake against a knowledgable opponent? It's not as good. I use it against people that don't know how it works. The rest of the time, I just use the set-up. Trust me on this, I actually spent like... two weeks getting it down perfect against CPUs. Used it in tournament some with moderate success (ask Dookdigity, the Snake player from AZ that got 4th at FR, and blah blah blah), but found that it not only is hella easy to see coming, but is also relatively easy to get out of. Pretty much, you have to keep them afraid of it until they assume you're just going to go for the set-up instead, and THEN you nail them for not paying attention.

Perfect ASC is much more practical for big damage, and I don't even use it. That's how situational jab-locking is. With Sonic, you're better off learning to dash-dance and perfect shield than anything else. The rest of the game is just basics: zoning, poking, spacing, and pattern reading. Counter-picking is HUGE in Brawl.

In conclusion, Green Greens is the new Corneria for Sonic.

EDIT: If I get bored, I may end up re-making LuCKless with the missing clips, and change the sections up.

The_Dyne

Smash Journeyman
Oh my god, I love Justice.

Great video; I stopped noticing that it was greyscale like, halfway through.

Top Bottom