• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emitan

Smash Rookie
Seems kind of strange to reveal unlockable characters months before the game is out.

Didn't the Melee and Brawl sites save unlockables until after the games were out?

Last edited:

Emitan

Smash Rookie
All of the new characters look super fun so it's hard to decide, but I was a big fan of Marth in Melee so she's the character I'm most excited about!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I don't think Lucina will be a locked character, mainly for one reason.

Remember in the game how you can add characters to your army when you beat them in the DLC? Those DLC characters would be best used for unlockable characters. Granted, it would be weird to have Ike as an unlockable since he started as a starter.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Hmm, could Lucina here have been foreshadowing? Being a playable character, she'll get her own Amiibo. Probably just a coincidence, but interesting nonetheless.

Hong

The Strongest
Lucina should get a taunt for putting her mask on and off like Guile's sunglasses from Street Fighter.

That said, if I had to guess, she takes it off as part of her stage entrance.

Last edited:

TCRhade

Smash Champion
NNID
TabuuForte
I'll definitely give her secondary main position. right behind my main, Bowser. It's a challenge for me, since I've never mained a sword fighter before. I wonder how that'll play out.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Unlockable. Marth, Ike, and Robin appear to be starters as they are technically the main protagonists of their respective games.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Lucina should get a mask for putting her mask on and off like Guile's sunglasses from Street Fighter.

I'm guessing stage entrance too. Though she could pull a Little Mac and keep it on for an alt.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I'm thinking of going back to FE:A, creating a new file, and marry Lucina. She has been my favorite character in the game for awhile but I have not married her to MU before.

Yehet

Smash Rookie
NNID
KohChan-hee
I will most definetly main Lucina in SSB4. She's my favorite character in one of my favorite video game franchises. No matter where she falls on the tier list, I'm looking to get really competitive with her.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
The only character that could top Lucina as my insta-main is Ivysaur, but... Solozard. So...
Yes.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I for one am pleased to find out if Lucina's Pointy Demonspanker can best Marth's Falchion in this game.

She just might become my secondary main, considering that I loved using Marth in Melee.

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
I'm thinking of going back to FE:A, creating a new file, and marry Lucina. She has been my favorite character in the game for awhile but I have not married her to MU before.
She actually allows for a ridiculously strong Morgan. Only downside is you don't essentially get "two" Morgans like you would with most Generation 1 characters.

Plus, it changes "that scene" if Lucina and Robin are a couple or parent/child. Both changes are quite potent.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
She actually allows for a ridiculously strong Morgan. Only downside is you don't essentially get "two" Morgans like you would with most Generation 1 characters.

Plus, it changes "that scene" if Lucina and Robin are a couple or parent/child. Both changes are quite potent.
Sounds good. I'll go play FE:A again sometime. Thanks for your input. :)

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Lucina is the character I wanted more than anyone for this game. Unless she's an unlockable, no one can take her spot as the first character I'll play and main in this game.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Alright, since we're now all about the moveset speculation based on the video game now, the predicted ones will now be removed in a few minutes, along with the palette swap and explanation of the character. Sorry guys.

A lot of threads are being made with enough detail, which makes things easier for me to convert into a [General/Social] discussion. I'll ask the mods to sticky the speculation thread while I'm polishing the new lucina thread poster. Then I'll be putting in the "Lucina Crew" so you guys can chime in and post yourselves and where you're from (please don't put your full address, just the State and Country). This will be made when smash bros for wii u releases to ensure you are sticking to that character as your uttermost primary for competitive tournaments, if there will ever be one.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Lucina should get a taunt for putting her mask on and off like Guile's sunglasses from Street Fighter.

You're forgetting her iconic time travel stage entrance!

Sandfall

Stage Designer

Uhhhhhh, which scene are your referring to? It's been a while since I played Awakening :p

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Marth is starter for sure. He's on the game's cover.

Lucina is unlockable because clone status.

Ike could be unlockable since he's a vet/not as relevant.

Robin could go either way.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Made a video about my stance on Lucina as an alt or a different character all together. Didn't get much rise in other threads.

Just have fun with it, I had fun doing something like this for a first timer, haha.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Predict how Lucina will make her entry on a stage!

Will she perform her iconic time travel?

Or will she simply have Marth's entry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom