• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
She rides on motorcycle into the stage. Once she arrives, she takes off her mask and let's go off her hair to reveal that she is a female.

On a serious note, it'll probably be warp magic just like Marth and Ike.

Last edited:

Xigger

Smash Lord
I don't believe we've had a starting roster with clone characters yet.

I do believe that unlockable characters aren't being kept secret anymore. It seems like almost everything is on the table at this point.

Unlockable. Marth, Ike, and Robin appear to be starters as they are technically the main protagonists of their respective games.
Unlockable main protagonists: Marth, Roy, Ness. You could argue for every other unlockable 1-character franchise as well.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Oh, she most certainly is. There's been, what, 36 characters revealed? No way all of them are starters. I seriously think Sakurai is just showing the whole roster before the game is out. Which is awesome.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
I could see her taking off her mask and letting down her hair, or having entrances like Marth and Ike do. A time travel portal thing could also be cool, but I'm not counting on it happening.

Dr. Snakes

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueDaBeast
3DS FC
4511-1428-9509
Oh, she most certainly is. There's been, what, 36 characters revealed? No way all of them are starters. I seriously think Sakurai is just showing the whole roster before the game is out. Which is awesome.
It is in a way, but doesn't it kind of get rid of that feel back in the day when you unlocked someone you had no idea was in the game at the time? Especially when it came to Melee, where it felt like there the menu was full, then all of a sudden, "CHALLENGER APPROACHING!" just for another slot to appear on the edge. I can't remember how hyped I was when I unlocked Mewtwo.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
It is in a way, but doesn't it kind of get rid of that feel back in the day when you unlocked someone you had no idea was in the game at the time? Especially when it came to Melee, where it felt like there the menu was full, then all of a sudden, "CHALLENGER APPROACHING!" just for another slot to appear on the edge. I can't remember how hyped I was when I unlocked Mewtwo.
Eh, I never cared about spoilers. I always liked knowing what my options were and what I had to strive towards.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I don't believe we've had a starting roster with clone characters yet.

I do believe that unlockable characters aren't being kept secret anymore. It seems like almost everything is on the table at this point.

Unlockable main protagonists: Marth, Roy, Ness. You could argue for every other unlockable 1-character franchise as well.
That is true but Marth and Roy were technically special cases in Melee. Marth could have easily been a starter along with Ike, not to mention he was the easiest unlockable character to actually unlock.

Ness and Captain Falcon were special cases in SSB64 as well. While it doesn't always hold true, in most cases, the main protaganist is usually a starter.

While she does scream unlockable, the fact she was revealed prior to the release goes against the unlockable theory. While unlockables characters is still being discussed, Mega Man and Pac-Man are generally believed to be unlockables. We could be seeing yet another character that is unlockable yet being revealed pre-release.

And god, I said unlockable waaaaay to many times unlockable.

Blakexd9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Blakexd9
3DS FC
3566-1543-3794

I'm fairly sure this is her entrance animation. I can't see it being a taunt.

Last edited:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I will definitely try to main her. The only reason I wouldn't is if I'm exceptionally bad with her. :p

Morbi

Scavenger
I actually decided to pick up Marth fairly recently; so yes, instead of continuing with Marth, I will just main Lucina instead. She was one of the only things I wanted out of Smash 4 when I first joined. I am so glad that she is in the game as a playable character.

Makrrrrrr

Smash Apprentice

Pic of the day. Along with Robin, Lucina joins the battle!! Her physical ablilites are identical to Marth's--it must be in her D.N.A. However, where Marth's power is concentrated in the tip of the sword, Lucina's attack strength is balanced throughout the weapon, which might make her easier to control. She's also a little bit shorter than Marth.

With the Wii Fit Trainers, the male and female Robins, the Villagers, and Little Mac, varying their appearances and voices works just like selecting alternate color variations. However, whenever there is even a small difference in abilities, that character gets an actual roster slot. That is why you can select Lucina individually.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Today our lord Sakurai confirmed she has her own slot. Good day gentlemen.
Oh and while Marth has more power on the tip of the sword, Lucina's sword is balanced through the whole weapon, and she is shorter.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
HEY EVERYBODY!!!

Welcome to the MARTH EMPIRE :D

May be better known as the Fabulous Empire or Fire Emblem Empire at this point (we conquered the ZSS civilization in '11). Ike need not apply.

Last edited:

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
RIP the alt theory. Considering this PotD was the first one after the reveal, and goes into such depth, I think it was a reasonable theory to have made.

Also if you just looked at the first two pictures without reading the text, you'd think the alt theory was true lol

Little-Mac!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedrawingdutch
But doesn't the pic of the day confirm they have exactly the same moveset? just wondering.
(Except for maybe speed and strength differences)

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Could have slightly different special alternatives perhaps?

One thing that haunts me is the notion she's just a better Marth. Like Roy/Marth, Fox/Falco, Falcon/Ganon in Melee had vastly different physic characteristics that affected how they moved and hence how their cloned moves played out. She's been shown to seemingly have less aerial lag, and if Marth doesn't get that himself, there's going to be little reason for Marth to most Marth players (this is assuming she has the exact same character specifics: "physically the same/dna blah blah").

Hong

The Strongest
Physical abilities are identical... am I to take this literally?

I mean, i would like if she could get in easier to compensate, unless her blows are that much more powerful.

Last edited:

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
I like Marth's style but I wasn't sold on the sweet-spot. So I'm gonna' say yeah she'll be pretty close on my list.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Marth is a main of mine?

She's a female Marth?

Female badsses > Male badasses.

You bet your ass I'm maining Lucina.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
- Confirmed separate character
- Mark of Naga included
- Slight differences

Good enough for me. Hype restored!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Unless she has more differences, I take back what I said about her being a potential main. If what Sakurai said is to be taken literally, she's less interesting than even Roy.

I'm glad for you guys, but this is disappointing for me...I was really hoping that Lucina was more aerial based...

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I'd say it's unlikely that they'd leave everything else exactly the same as Marth's kit. Whether it be damage, knockback, mobility or hitboxes, I think some things need to and will change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom