• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Also, I may end up being a Lucina main if she feels better than Marth to me. I mean, Pac-Man has priority, but I love me my Aerials on Marth. Definitely a possible co-main.

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
OTP!!! Allows for drama, humor, and an absurdly overpowered Morgan!!!
Plus, plotwise, it makes sense with the whole "change the future" thing. Haven't played Future of Despair yet (or whatever it's called, I know something is called that) so not sure how Morgan would work there with this pairing. I keep starting over to try and optimize pairings to my liking and end up getting bored/wanting new combinations before I finish, so I haven't gotten around to those maps or Apotheosis yet.

So far, as far as Avatar goes, I've done Robin x Lucina (first run), Robin x Chrom (second run), don't recall my third run, and currently on my fourth run with a preliminary aim of Robin x Lissa (since I want Owain with Armsthrift, and don't like the only two options that grant that outside of Robin).

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Plus, plotwise, it makes sense with the whole "change the future" thing. Haven't played Future of Despair yet (or whatever it's called, I know something is called that) so not sure how Morgan would work there with this pairing. I keep starting over to try and optimize pairings to my liking and end up getting bored/wanting new combinations before I finish, so I haven't gotten around to those maps or Apotheosis yet.

So far, as far as Avatar goes, I've done Robin x Lucina (first run), Robin x Chrom (second run), don't recall my third run, and currently on my fourth run with a preliminary aim of Robin x Lissa (since I want Owain with Armsthrift, and don't like the only two options that grant that outside of Robin).
I'm not sure about how Morgan exists in the Days of Future Past DLC, but the theory I've seen floating around is... really dark. I prefer to think it was time travel.

Last edited:

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I figured squick was involved to not break established lore, but it'd also have to involve some weird further time travel/alternate world stuff to work. That or some sort of homunculus accelerated aging.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
I can actually breathe easy now ...

It's over guys. It's over for me. I'm done here :) Now all I have to do is wait until December for a game that can no longer let me down. Mechanics be damned.
First off, props for getting the Wii U version.
Secondly, after the initial hype died down for me, my next thought was, "Lordling probably just fainted right now, wherever s/he is."
So happy for you, buddy.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Yeah, I figured squick was involved to not break established lore, but it'd also have to involve some weird further time travel/alternate world stuff to work. That or some sort of homunculus accelerated aging.
Yeah, I hope Time Travel is involved. I also think Morgan ends up escaping to the main story, and trips and falls on a rock or something, which explains the amnesia. And causes Morgan to abuse fall in love with Yarne.

Last edited:

XenothiumX

Smash Journeyman
if Captain Falcon isn't as bad in this game as he was in Brawl. Then maybe... it also depends on the other possible newcomers we get.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I love that shes a newcomer. Not going to commit to her, but she's in that top tier would main tier for me.

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
Was wondering when this would pop up. Great spoiler free title btw. :rolleyes:

Anyway, if she wasn't so damn similar to Marth I wouldn't mind seeing her. Even though she's more popular than Chrom, I'd say he still had the better chance. Who knows, maybe she'll be an alt costume (though Marth has plenty of different outfits to work with already -- he's too fabulous to be stuck with one look :awesome:)
I think she's a Marth alt costume nothing more

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I'm still wondering why she's the only newcomer with the question mark. WHAT'S WITH THIS SPECIAL STAR TREATMENT

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If she was an alt I very very much doubt she'd get her own character page and treatment on par with all the other actual characters.

She'd probably just get an update pic or something.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
DUDEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Retelling of me watching the trailer
I go on smashbros.com

I SEE THE ROBIN THUMBNAIL.. IM LIKE... OMFG IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING.

I play it.

I SEE CHROM ON THE GROUND.

LUCINA.

I AM DESPERATELY WAITING FOR THAT CUT-IN CONFIRMING THAT SHE'S A CHARACTER

IT HAPPENS

I GO INSANE

All that NEW footage of FE:A in the same exact animation omfg

AND THEN ROBIN

YASSSSS

HOLY SH

GO ROBIN GO YOU LOOK SO GOOD OMG

HE IS CONFIRMED TOO

IM LIKE

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT OMG YES

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Messages I wrote on Skype before/during/after the video:

[12:03:39 AM] Aerodrome: LUCINA
[12:04:02 AM] Aerodrome: I SHOULD BE SLEEPING
[12:04:07 AM] Aerodrome: BUT I AM
[12:04:08 AM] Aerodrome: SO
[12:04:09 AM] Aerodrome: ****ING
[12:04:11 AM] Aerodrome: EXCITED
[12:04:20 AM] Aerodrome: WHAT THE ****
[12:04:24 AM] Aerodrome: LUCINA
[12:04:28 AM] Aerodrome: CHROM
[12:04:29 AM] Aerodrome: ROBIN
[12:04:36 AM] Aerodrome: 5 FIER EMBLEM CHARTRGHENMD
[12:05:02 AM] Aerodrome: I HAVEDNT SEEN VIDEO
[12:05:02 AM] Aerodrome: YET
[12:05:11 AM] Aerodrome: I JUST GOT UP
[12:05:15 AM] Aerodrome: OUT OFO BED
[12:05:48 AM] Aerodrome: IST TELLING ME TOR ESHCRTH
[12:05:50 AM] Aerodrome: REFRSHS
[12:06:23 AM] Aerodrome: smashbaoadrs DIED
[12:07:09 AM] Aerodrome: GEMATSUIS DEAD
[12:07:13 AM] Aerodrome: IT IS A GOOD DAY
[12:12:27 AM] Aerodrome: SO WHO IS PLAYABLE EVEN WHAT
[12:12:35 AM] Aerodrome: IS LUCINA A MARTH COSTUME
[12:12:42 AM] Aerodrome: IS CROM PLAYABLE???
[12:12:49 AM] Aerodrome: CAPTAIN FALCOM CONFRMED?
[12:13:57 AM] Aerodrome: OMGGMMGMGMGG
[12:16:57 AM] Aerodrome: SHES ON THE SITE
[12:16:58 AM] Aerodrome: OMG
[12:17:02 AM] Aerodrome: I HAVE TO SELEEP

I was very excited.

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
I don't have a screenshot of my response, but it went a little something like this: YEYEYSSSSSSFSJNJFNSDJKGN LUCCINAAN ANANANAaaaa

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry, but the face she made in the trailer

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks it looks a bit odd? It's only a taunt, so it's not a problem, but still.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that; it looks like it would fit the trope of Dull Surprise (or maybe a similar facial trope) perfectly.. :urg:

Also, just mentioning that @ Reginleif Reginleif 's signature looks really fitting for Lucina supporters..

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Congrats. I figured she'd get into the game whether in the initial release or DLC. Tough break with her being a clone/semiclone though but it's still a lot better than her being an assist trophy.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
NO ONE CARES IF SHE'S A CLONE

IT'S MARTH BUT SOMEONE I LIKE

BESIDES THEY PROBABLY ONLY SHOWED OFF MOVES THAT ARE SIMILAR OR THE SAME, IM SURE SHE'S NOT A COMPLETE RIP OFF

IT MAKES MORE SENSE SEEING AS SHE IDOLIZES MARTH ANYWAY

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Honestly Lucina's 3D looks kinda imperfect when compared to Robin/Ike/Marth I thought it was from Project M.

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
NO ONE CARES IF SHE'S A CLONE

IT'S MARTH BUT SOMEONE I LIKE

BESIDES THEY PROBABLY ONLY SHOWED OFF MOVES THAT ARE SIMILAR OR THE SAME, IM SURE SHE'S NOT A COMPLETE RIP OFF

IT MAKES MORE SENSE SEEING AS SHE IDOLIZES MARTH ANYWAY
NAH DUDE SHE IDOLIZES HER FATHER, MARTH WAS JUST A DISGUISE TO GIVE PEOPLE HOPE IN HER FUTURE.
AND THEN EVENTUALLY TO DISGUISE HERSELF IN THE PRESENT

Jakario

Smash Rookie
Really hope that she is not a clone but so far we have seen that her up B and side B are the same as Marth's. If she is like the other swordsmen her down B may be counter. Hope Sakurai surprises us!

Hoping for summoning Naga as the final smash since we did not get Grima ;/

Hong

The Strongest
Why Robin had (besides the Villager) the best trailer:

Don't like Robin? Okay, fine. Here's Captain ****ing Falcon and probably the best Fire Emblem lead.

Edit - Oh, and the part where Robin casually crashed the leak and tells us "It's going to be alright."

Last edited:

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
Right now it's between her, Puff, and Megaman. Maybe Ganondorf if he gets reworked.

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice
I just love this. Characters like Lucina are necessary for Smash and spice up the roster a bit.

Maybe I'm still just biased from months of going with the Gematsu leak, but they aren't by all means what people would consider the biggest guns out there and you wouldn't get your hopes up to get them but they're out there and fans put them on the map still.

And then Sakurai probably saw the opportunity to put her in as a clone, as it even should be canonically, with relatively little effort and in return make a "small" fan base very happy because why wouldn't you.
The cost:reward ratio should have made this an easy decision.

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
My reaction was "Lucina is love, Lucina is life."
I was only 16 years old, I loved Lucina so much.

I had her game and merchandise... I prayed to Lucina every night before bed, thanking her for the life I'd been given.

Lucina is love, I say, Lucina is life.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Let's take a break from fierce clone debates.

We now have four Fire Emblem characters;
:4marth::4myfriends::4lucina::4robinm:/:4robinf:
If locked characters are returning, surely not all of them are available at the beginning.

I believe that :4lucina: is prime lock material. She's a clone, and Roy was unlockable, as well as other clones.

What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom