• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
[Shrugs] Well, it is kind of thanks to Lucina's actions that the Shepherds had a happy ending. She saved Chrom from getting butchered not once, but twice. She also saved his sister, Lissa, from an untimely demise. She also convinced Basilio to swallow his pride and walk away from a certain death. And I am sure I missed a few more. If Lucina had not come back in time, it is quite possible history would have repeated itself, and Grima would have stole the happy ending.
It's guaranteed that history would have repeated itself, since the only reason it started changing at all was because Naga sent Lucina and friends back in time. Grima and the Risen just hitched a ride to stop them.

Lucina can take Marth's moveset, because she models herself as the hero of legend. Chrom is just like a guy who watched a bunch of Ike movies and wants to imitate him, but he can't because he sucks and got kneed in the nether for even trying to mess with Falcon.
Been a while since I played, but didn't Tiki say Chrom was more similar to Sigurd or the Exalt (forget which she said, but I know if it was Sigurd it wasn't by name), while Lucina was more similar to Marth?

Last edited:

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
She won't be my main but based on her similarities to Marth and apparently higher speed, she will almost definitely be top 5.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Roy's my main in both Melee and Project M, so I'm hoping she plays more like him. If she does, she'll be one of my secondaries. That being said, even though I didn't support her, I'm totally stoked that she and Robin are in instead of Chrom.

☆Jazz☆

Jazzin' All Day
NNID
DaGama21
3DS FC
0920-3971-2053
She may be my main...i'll have to go Random to find out who my main, main will be.

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Omg.. I just looked at the Amiibo icon. She's basically CONFIRMED. I never understood how people saw Chrom would be more likely over her, especially when Lucina is the most popular character of Awakening and is used mostly to represent it (Soundtrack, Figurine, etc.). Chrom is just.. there and really is a boring character in Awakening and can't seem to offer anything new to the table. I always saw Lucina & Robin more likely than Chrom.

You and I both know that that's MASKED Marth aka Lucina
Okay guys, so I just skipped about 20 pages so I don't know if this has been brought out yet.

But Sakurai teased Lucina all the way back at E3 by including her in this picture. It makes me question about Tom Nook and Toad's chances now, though, considering that they're the only two in this picture who aren't confirmed playable or AT's (Isabelle is the only AT in the picture), especially seeing as this is primarily detailing Amiibo's compatibility with Smash Bros in this section (IIRC) and Nintendo was the one who spilled the beans here on Lucina (another point, too, being that it'd make no sense to show Lucina as she'd only been in the 3DS Awakening, with Amiibo-3DS compatibility not coming until later... until we find out that she's in the Wii U Super Smash Bros 4.), hinting possibly at them spilling the beans on Toad and a second AC rep (if not Tom Nook) as well - plus Mr. Game & Watch, who's was also an outlier until his presence in SM4SH was confirmed in Pac-Man's trailer at the end of E3.

Slightly off-topic, as I didn't confine it specifically to Lucina, but still, her inclusion in this basically confirmed her long before she was officially confirmed, obvious to see in hindsight (if not hindsight bias, that is).

Tenchi Boom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TenchiBoom
It's funny, I've never played Fire Emblem, nor like the fact she's a clone, but I'm not annoyed about her. Like, at all. It's weird. Maybe because she's a sworded female?

I do feel like she will be a part of my top three or so.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Okay guys, so I just skipped about 20 pages so I don't know if this has been brought out yet.

But Sakurai teased Lucina all the way back at E3 by including her in this picture. It makes me question about Tom Nook and Toad's chances now, though, considering that they're the only two in this picture who aren't confirmed playable or AT's (Isabelle is the only AT in the picture), especially seeing as this is primarily detailing Amiibo's compatibility with Smash Bros in this section (IIRC) and Nintendo was the one who spilled the beans here on Lucina (another point, too, being that it'd make no sense to show Lucina as she'd only been in the 3DS Awakening, with Amiibo-3DS compatibility not coming until later... until we find out that she's in the Wii U Super Smash Bros 4.), hinting possibly at them spilling the beans on Toad and a second AC rep (if not Tom Nook) as well - plus Mr. Game & Watch, who's was also an outlier until his presence in SM4SH was confirmed in Pac-Man's trailer at the end of E3.

Slightly off-topic, as I didn't confine it specifically to Lucina, but still, her inclusion in this basically confirmed her long before she was officially confirmed, obvious to see in hindsight (if not hindsight bias, that is).
This has been brought up a few times. I don't think Tom nook or Toad will be playable though. Both are used in a move. Toad being special from Peach and Tom nook being in the Final smash for villager.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
My mains for this game will be Lucina, Robin, Rosalina, Palutena, and Pac... I have quite a few females in that list.
I loved Roy and thought Marth was pretty basic. I'm hoping Lucina is like Roy in the sense that she has the same moves, but each move would function differently from Marth.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Lucina seems to be taking Marth's Melee/Brawl quick-natured moveset, while Marth has beefed up a bit. I wonder if clones will, in this game's case, exist to resurrect older playstyles that have changed enough in development that fans of yore might miss specificities now only found in said clones. Some of the clones could essentially be retro-fitted to current characters' older incarnations, pleasing fans of the old and new simultaneously with multiple characters representing different forms of certain movesets. The "Sword-Dancer", so to speak, is covered by Marth and Lucina, with the former changing quite a bit from Brawl and the latter adopting the older, lighter feel.

This could bode very well for Smash Bros. and the community. We could end up with a much lengthier roster than predicted.

On this note, Dark Pit might as well be confirmed. Tom Nook could easily be a Villager clone... Tom Nook was also seen in the original Smash 4 trailer, picking up the invitational letter. Sakurai also stated something about movesets not being finalized when Toad was first seen in Peach's debut. I wonder then if Toad might be realized as a character finally. This nigh cloning confirmation, simultaneous with the Gametsu leak debunking has opened up a world of imagination—it seems anything is possible at this point.

Last edited:

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
So, anyone else noticed how shorter is Lucina's Falchion sword comparing other swords and even her artwork?, i'm really curious about how her play style will be in regards to Marth.
The shorter sword could mean no tip sweetspot gimmick, less range but solid attacks, and then she looks like as fast as Marth or even faster.

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
From a fanmade model, a lot of these skins could be potentially look good. They're based off other characters in the series.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I am very glad to be able to update my signature and post after image today.

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
Of course! She was my most wanted newcomer, so of course I'll main her. In previous Smash games, I liked Marth's playstyle but not really his character. This resulted in me not really playing Marth as often, so I think Lucina would be perfect for me.

She'll be my main alongside Robin and my previous mains!
Exactly this.
Lucina is my favorite character in Fire Emblem, as well as my waifu.

Hell yeah I'll main her, and I'll be the best Lucina in the Midwest.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
This has been brought up a few times. I don't think Tom nook or Toad will be playable though. Both are used in a move. Toad being special from Peach and Tom nook being in the Final smash for villager.
I know, haha, I had mentioned that in the post but removed it before I posted it. Still, they're out of place now because everybody else is playable besides Isabelle, who still has a greater role in SM4SH than they do at this point. It just made me wonder, is all, since Nintendo (and Sakurai, by extension) doesn't appear to be shy about teasing characters, as seen with Mr. Game & Watch and now Lucina (Fox, too, to a lesser extent as he was obviously already confirmed for SM4SH but Star Fox 3D wasn't officially teased/unveiled until the end of the Digital Event, leaked interview aside). Toad could be explained away by Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker in the same way that Retro Mario could be explained with Mario Maker, but that still leaves Tom Nook, who had no game at E3 and a small appearance in the SM4SH info, let alone both Tom Nook and Isabelle together.

Haha, this is why I removed it, though, as it really made it off-topic. :p But yeah, it looked like the trailer was obviously Robin-focused, and maybe even that introducing Lucina as a playable character could have been taken out of the video and it wouldn't have impacted much, making me think it may have been an addendum (aka Lucina was decided upon relatively recently, especially evident by her semi-clone status), so Dark Pit is definitely a possibility in terms of providing semi-clones to pad up the roster now that we're two months from the Nippon Release, though I wouldn't be as happy about him as a KI and/or semi-clone slot could've gone to someone like Medusa or Anthony Higgs (respectively).

NivinyaFate

Smash Cadet
NNID
Fate684
3DS FC
2423-4511-5468
Similar to Robin, I think Lucina has potential to become my main, but I think she'll likely be one of my secondary characters. I'll have to play them to know for sure, but Palutena is still the one I think will end up my main.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Question to other Lucina fans...am I the only one getting greatly annoyed whenever I see someone say Lucy should have just been a glorified Marth alternate costume?

I don't get it....if they put effort into making her a costume with voice clips, whats wrong with going a step further and giving her her own character slot, properly representing her?Possibly being speedier then Marth also brings at least some slightly different changes between the two, which I can tell will be big for those in competitive play.

I don't want to make an entire topic about it, but still. Clones get too much hate, Lucy and Tink fans are in the same boat T_T

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Question to other Lucina fans...am I the only one getting greatly annoyed whenever I see someone say Lucy should have just been a glorified Marth alternate costume?

I don't get it....if they put effort into making her a costume with voice clips, whats wrong with going a step further and giving her her own character slot, properly representing her?Possibly being speedier then Marth also brings at least some slightly different changes between the two, which I can tell will be big for those in competitive play.

I don't want to make an entire topic about it, but still. Clones get too much hate, Lucy and Tink fans are in the same boat T_T
You have no idea how much I hate that. Lucina definitely did deserve that playable slot she recieved, with both her importance and popularity, and she could still be a unique character, or at least a semi-clone.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord

This is the crap supporters had to deal with since the beginning and it pisses everybody off. sad that there are people that don't know anything about stuff they are talking about, yet they have to put their stupid posts in our support threads. ;(

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
This is the crap supporters had to deal with since the beginning and it pisses everybody off. sad that there are people that don't know anything about stuff they are talking about, yet they have to put their stupid posts in our support threads. ;(
I've seen all the post, it definitely felt like a pain to deal with.
I mostly meant how people still say it after she was revealed when there's really no reason to. Its annoying =l

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
The good news is, I'm pretty certain we will get some new Lucina info tomorrow.

He got plenty on Robin in the Direct, after all.
maybe, I probably don't need any hype for the next month. I allready died today.
I've seen all the post, it definitely felt like a pain to deal with.
I mostly meant how people still say it after she was revealed when there's really no reason to. Its annoying =l
just ignore it :p works well, I keep wondering why people still spend their time with that bull***** :)

Last edited:

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I might. I'll still wanna main Rosalina but if her playstyle just don't mesh with me, i'll be trying Lucina for sure.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I'm surprised at the lack of a explosion at R34 pics, like what happened with WFT and Palutena.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Having played Awakening now, I'm glad Lucina's in. She's awesome.

A: Takes time to draw.

B: How do you know? :bubblebobble:
Damn straight she's awesome. Also, A: Splatoon had R34 10 MINUTES after it was revealed. And B:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom