• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Hey guys, since we now have a subforum, this thread will now be a general/social thread.

I think? Maybe make another???
Nah, this will be our general/social thread.

Match-up threads and Character Guide threads will come later when the game is released.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Finally~ Lucina subforum hype! Was getting a little bit worried there. Really looking forward to seeing more of this char.

She's so ****ing kawaii

Hong

The Strongest
^~^ Thanks to:

@ Thane of Blue Flames Thane of Blue Flames
For your love of our heroine and fighting for better representation not only of the series but better gender representation in games

@Robertman2 and @ GOofyGV GOofyGV
Both of you were the most active Lucina supports for a long time running, and never once let anyone get you down.

@ Reginleif Reginleif
For an equally unbreakable spirit, and providing us with the right image macro for every occasion. :)

Needless to say, everyone else who wanted Lucina now or wanted Lucina before. I am eager to find out more about the character as we draw closer to release.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
^~^ Thanks to:

@ Thane of Blue Flames Thane of Blue Flames
For your love of our heroine and fighting for better representation not only of the series but better gender representation in games

@Robertman2 and @ GOofyGV GOofyGV
Both of you were the most active Lucina supports for a long time running, and never once let anyone get you down.

@ Reginleif Reginleif
For an equally unbreakable spirit, and providing us with the right image macro for every occasion. :)

Needless to say, everyone else who wanted Lucina now or wanted Lucina before. I am eager to find out more about the character as we draw closer to release.
I probably shouldn't be the only one to do this but I'll be the first

Thank you Hong for keeping the Lucina Support group clean and active with good content. A great leader for a great group of supporters!

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I just thought of something. Lucina is a bit of a strange choice compared to Chrom, since Chrom is more of a main character.

What if Lucina was added for Roy fans? Think about it, Nintendo has been showing a lot of love for Melee recently, sponsoring EVO and such. Lucina might be a way for Nintendo to re-add Roy as a more relevant character to the series.

Last edited:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I just thought of something. Lucina is a bit of a strange choice compared to Chrom, since Chrom is more of a main character.

What if Lucina was added for Roy fans? Think about it, Nintendo has been showing a lot of love for Melee recently, sponsoring EVO and such. Lucina might be a way for Nintendo to re-add Roy as a more relevant character to the series.
Lucina is the face of Awakening, one of the three main characters, & its most popular character. All signs pointed to Lucina or Robin except the leak.

& omg @ ur sig :joyful:

Last edited:

GOofyGV

Smash Lord

I don't think (even though Lucina>>>>Roy for me) That Lucina can take Roy's place for the people who like or liked Roy. Roy is Roy and Lucina is Lucina. I wouldn't really like it if this would happen to my character at all tbh.

EIDT: might as well put it in this post but shoutouts to @ Vinylic. Vinylic. he was the one who started the Lucina Support after all!

Last edited:

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
My issue is that she both looks like she plays almost exacty like Marth and LOOKS exactly like Marth. The Ness-Lucas or Fox-Falco thing is totally valid in my opinion, but part ofthe reason tey make sense as characters is because they look like they have important but slight differences just from their appearences.

Lucina is the new Dr. Mario in that it should have obviously been a costume instead of a character, Marth just looks too similar.

I would have prefered Marth, Ike, Robin, and Lyn where Lyn plays just like Lucina. That way, it at least makes sense that Lyn and Marth are different characters but clones.

To be honest though, I'm not that beat up about it. I got Robin and I'm happy about that plus Lucina is not a bad choice at all.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

But there's no ph1re D:

If anything, Marth looks more like Roy to me, and Lucina looks more like Marth. Just the speed difference kind of suggests it to me.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Warchamp will be updating the website, meaning you will able to switch your preferred ssb4 character to lucina for premium members. I am thankful to make this thread for you guys, even if I'm a kirby main.

I actually called this before it was released.....

Man, go figure. Another thing, I'll go ahead make a lot of changes, like having the crew in the starting post and updating the picture to a...less derpy image.
HOWEVER, we will have to separate the speculations and etc to another thread for a serious discussion since I do not believe it will maintained as one much longer in here.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I want to make this hype for the competitive smash league.
Of course, you still talk about it here though. I'm still planning at the moment.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
I'd still prefer to see Roy ): Not over Lucina or anything, just our boy reworked in general. Maybe work it out like they did with Fox, Falco and Wolf in SSBB, only Marth, Lucina and Roy. And with less Landmasters.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Congratulations to the Lucina supporters who never wavered throughout the situations that arose for SSBIV! I'll be the first to admit that I believed Chrom to be the Fire Emblem: Awakening character of choice, just as many others had. To be sure, I am in fact fond of both Lucina and Chrom. . . I just kind of had given up on the likelihood of her happening. Needless to say, I was wrong, though that doesn't inquire that I am displeased. On the contrary, it was a great surprise in both having Lucina > Chrom, and showing that Gematsu was not in fact gospel (I don't know if I 100% believe the leak to be fake, but at the very best, it was incomplete, and that results in basically the same mindset for me). As far as her status as a character, I do believe that she will be a semi-clone of Marth, and not a definitive one (altered hit boxes, speed, a few different attacks, etc.).

Also. . . Lucina is gorgeous. ;w;

Last edited:

samsparta21

Smash Ace
I don't think (even though Lucina>>>>Roy for me) That Lucina can take Roy's place for the people who like or liked Roy. Roy is Roy and Lucina is Lucina. I wouldn't really like it if this would happen to my character at all tbh.
My point is that they added a new Marth clone who will probably be the Roy to Marth's, well, Marth, and might have similar move power to Roy etc

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
So that Lucina Amiibo hint ended up having more implications than we thought, huh? Definitely going to get that.

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin
Well, I've got both my mains.

Now just to choose one or two more characters that'll I'll mess around with.

Also, I don't think Lucina will be a direct Marth clone.

Reason being?

EDIT: First and Third spoiler may be the shield breaker attack (neutral B)

Those stances don't seem like anything I've seen Marth do.

Hopefully, she has some of her own unique moves!

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I gotta say, I'm really glad the Fire Emblem debates have ended, in probably the best possible outcome. We got both main characters of Awakening (and also Chrom in the FS), the game isn't just Swords and Lords anymore, and we have two important female characters!

Things have never looked better for FE fans in Smash!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
That Falcon vs Lucina fight was the most hyped I've ever been for smash

Between the death of Gematsu and 4 FE reps, I'm hyped as hell.

This is a glorious day my friends. Let us bask in Sakurai the Unpredictable's glory

Kef

Smash Apprentice
Well, I've got both my mains.

Now just to choose one or two more characters that'll I'll mess around with.

Also, I don't think Lucina will be a direct Marth clone.

Reason being?

Those stances don't seem like anything I've seen Marth do.

Hopefully, she has some of her own unique moves!
1st and 3rd are probably the startup of Shield Breaker.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
I just hope we will have a clear answer if Luci is a character (even a semi-clone or clone.....i despise the word clone y'know?)
or a Skin. All those debates already ruin the fact for me that one of my favorite videogame characters of all time
is playable in my favorite game Franchise of all time.....

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
I love how Lucina is in SSB4! Although, it seems like she's nothing but a Marth clone sadly--she could've had an awesome, unique moveset. :sadeyes:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I'm still questioning why Lucina didn't get an exclusive and unique moveset.

Maybe Sakurai pushed for Robin due to that diverse playstyle, but IS also wanted Lucina and pushed Sakurai to include her. In the end, they probably made a deal or something that Lucina would be in but as a clone since there's too many newcomers already and all that extra coding.

But she's in. You can't say the same for some characters. :awesome:

GOofyGV

Smash Lord

Maybe Sakurai pushed for Robin due to that diverse playstyle, but IS also wanted Lucina and pushed Sakurai to include her. In the end, they probably made a deal or something that Lucina would be in but as a clone since there's too many newcomers already and all that extra coding.

Not like we should care how it happened, As long as it happened. :awesome:

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
CELEBRATE!!! ****ING CELEBRATE!!! I WAS LIKE hold on, Lucina is shown at the very beginning of the trailer, does that mean Chrom will get up and be playable but not Lucina...? BUT NO! Sakurai is just ****ing messing with us and then the SURPRISE is ROBIN!!! And then I'm like wait, it said Lucina wakes her blade with a "?!" And I was like, does that mean it's not confirmed yet...? And then when it showed so much Robin I was like **** WHAT ABOUT LUCINA

BUT THEN!!! BUT THEN!!! Robin is like "I have to fight too" or something!!! AND THEN SHE GETS IN AND FIGHTS OMFG

SO COOL

THAT'S WHAT YOU HATERS GET FOR NOT LISTENING TO OUR AWESOME SUPPORT THREAD'S ARGUMENTS!

Thank you Sakurai! I read you correctly, though I was having some doubts, though mostly just to prepare myself to not be so disappointed.

THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER. BOTH LUCINA AND ROBIN!

CELEBRATE!

HOPE WILL NEVER DIE

CommanderRin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Susazu-And-Rin

We still have custom move-sets if Sakurai doesn't show us any unique moves for Lucina.

Hopefully we don't have to rely on this though.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
"Everyone's forgetting Sakurai made multiple moves for each and every character. That's what the little IRL Trophy thing will come into play. Where you can customize your character?

Right now Lucina looks like a Marth-Copy. But I'm sure Sakurai has some plans for her to bring new things to the table."

Hopefully.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Basic question for Lucina fans, you know I'll be maining Lucina, why else would I be creating this thread? If you don't count Robin's female option, she's the first female from Fire Emblem in Smash!

Last edited:

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I sorta wish at the beginning, Captain Falcon pawnched Chrom and knocked him out, which would make it more suspenseful and more surprising when Lucina is confirmed to be a character.

But maybe Sakurai wanted to be nice and not make Chrom-supporters feel too bad by getting their hopes up randomly xD

I love the ending though, how it sorta laughed at Chrom hehe. He shows up in a Final Smash so that's cool!

NOW I CAN PLAY AS TWO ANIME WAIFUS (that aren't princesses like peach/zelda who aren't really "normal" anime style)!!! BEST SMASH EVER

Reginleif

Smash Ace
The following are directly hotlinked from the Smash Bros. site itself.

Robin's main image

Robin's mobile image

Lucina's main

Lucina's mobile

I don't understand why Lucina's main image is a standard square.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
although i won't be maining her, she does look beautiful and im glad
that she was added ! i like that there's another female that's like
"F*** WITH ME, DO IT I DARE YOU." i dig it.
:4lucina:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom