• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
So we got Lucina and everyone else got their Smash 4 version of Roy. Everyone wins! Why are you not all happy?

I am so excited to see her in. I thought it wasn't going to happen.

And yes, she is her own character. She has a portrait. She has a spot on the website. She got a special focus in the character reveal trailer. She's not a marth alt. A clone, maybe. We'll see how much of a clone she is when we get to actually play. But yes, Lucina is character #34.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I'm hoping that Lucina has the differences from Marth that Roy had (sweetspot at the hilt instead of tip). As a Roy main, I would be perfectly fine with switching to her. That way, my main and playstyle lives on in spirit.

But, yeah, as others have stated:

LUCINA IS A NEWCOMER. SHE NEEDS A SUB-FORUM.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Yay Lucina, Congratulation
A winner is you!

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
So let me get this straight.

All characters get their own sub-forum, including newcomers.

But Lucina doesn't because she's similar to Marth?
Wow.
I don't know the exact reason, but I believe it's because we are uncertain whether or not she gets her own slot or is a special alt to marth

and quoting myself here...
"Marth and Lucina are the only situation where they could get by with using the same slots due to similar heights, weights, and stats. Lucina's moveset is not new, therefore should not be advertised like a newcomer, but as a new character, deserves to be mentioned on the site"

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
Congratulations Lucina fans! I have never played the FE series but enjoy their characters in Smash and it seems like Lucina will be no different.

bobadz

Smash Ace
The biggest reason I don't think Lucina is an alternate costume for Marth is that her taunts and idol animation are diffrent.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I don't know the exact reason, but I believe it's because we are uncertain whether or not she gets her own slot or is a special alt to marth

"Marth and Lucina are the only situation where they could get by with using the same slots due to similar heights, weights, and stats. Lucina's moveset is not new, therefore should not be advertised like a newcomer, but as a new character, deserves to be mentioned on the site"
She is listed in the website as her own character, so she should be treated as her own character on smashboards.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I am truly hyped and stoked to see Lucina join the cast. She's even her own character, and I have to say....I love her, and I always have. She will definitely be my sub, if not my main. :) SO excited to try her out!

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

Heck, her possibly sharing the same slot shouldn't mean anything. She's different, is called Lucina, has a different voice, has some different animations that are cosmetic, and her move properties appear different.

xTeru

Smash Cadet
She's an alt costume. Tomorrow Sakurai will reveal more of them in a POTD, starting with Ganondorf :troll:

Azule07

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I know it's not you who decides who gets the subforum or not, but is there actually have any evidence that she's an alt and not a clone?

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
Clones confirmed! Welcome to the battle Mrs. Pacman, Protoman, Shadow the Hedgehog, Roy, Lucina, Daisy, Tails... At least I'm hoping so!

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
It's sad when you have to explain to rest of the community that a new character is a new character indeed.
Common sense seems to be dead nowadays.
And what's the big deal if she is a clone? Toon Link was already one.

Last edited:

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Not meaning to argue over it or anything silly like that, i'd like to shift the burden of proof to you. Can you prove that she shares the same spot of Marth, or is an alternate costume? Because Lucina supporters can't prove that she's not. Everything is circumstantial evidence until we get more than twenty seconds of footage from her.
Here's the thing. I'm just speculating. 90% of people here are concluding and getting angry the second someone forms an unbiased argument.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
I already saw her on the mobile. She's listed as a newcomer. What does that mean to you? That she's auto playable? Maybe she's listed as a technical newcomer because she just has a different name and different voice. Technically, Daisy was a newcomer as Peach's Alternate in Melee and Brawl(yes she's an alternate, different model, designs).
Similarly I don't see why you treat Smash 4 differently than any other Smash game with clones. Why would it be different now? Lucina is billed exactly like any other clone.

And Daisy and Peach look completely different. Peach's alt is just a palette swap. There is no "technically".

Last edited:

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
quoting myself here...
"Marth and Lucina are the only situation where they could get by with using the same slot due to similar heights, weights, and stats. Lucina's moveset is not new, therefore should not be advertised like a newcomer, but as a new character, deserves to be mentioned on the site"

Azule07

Smash Cadet
Here's the thing. I'm just speculating. 90% of people here are concluding and getting angry the second someone forms an unbiased argument.
Unfortunately, everyone's just speculating. There is no evidence either way, apart from the tiny amount of footage showing variations on Marth's moves.

I wouldn't take it personally, this happens on almost every big discussion board on these forums. Although you did get off lightly with only a few people getting angry...imagine if you went into the Ridley thread and said he was a Charizard alt. ^^

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry but I don't understand the argument here about Lucina not being her own character. If Sakurai deemed her individual enough to earn her own page on the website, screen time in the trailer and a newcomer banner (on the mobile site) then that about settles that in my opinion. Toon Link gets his own forum and character page on the website. Falco and Wolf got their own forums and character pages on the Brawl website. But I guess Smashboards and her community know better?

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Unfortunately, everyone's just speculating. There is no evidence either way, apart from the tiny amount of footage showing variations on Marth's moves.

I wouldn't take it personally, this happens on almost every big discussion board on these forums. Although you did get off lightly with only a few people getting angry...imagine if you went into the Ridley thread and said he was a Charizard alt. ^^
Thus why she should get her own sub forum

HRR2b23

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2535-4498-3108
Honestly Lucina has me worried. I'm pretty happy with her inclusion, but every move we've seen looks exactly like Marth's. The only thing that gives me hope right now is the pic on the website of what looks like either an ftilt or famash starting up (the one with Link.)

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Okay now your responses are ridiculous. Yes, her being listed as a newcomer and having her own spot on the site does mean she's playable and not an alt. and Daisy was never announced as a character for melee, just a skin and was referred to as peach anyway so that argument is pointless.
I think this one is ridiculous actually.

Yes, her being listed as a newcomer and having her own spot on the site does mean she's playable and not an alt.
Wut? I never said that. Are you just saying that yourself or what? This statement is so biased if I'm reading it right.

and Daisy was never announced as a character for melee, just a skin and was referred to as peach anyway so that argument is pointless.
Except that trailers in this fashion were never done for Melee. Sorry if that's news to you. Daisy was actually a different model, or are you saying otherwise?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
What's the deal about similarity?

You guys should be talking about the damn character roster on Mario Kart 8 than this one.
Plus, what the hell are you guys saying? YOU KNOW SHE WILL HAVE DIFFERENT MECHANICS.

You guys are all talk on the looks, but you're most definitely ain't walking on the correct lane.

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I think this one is ridiculous actually.

Wut? I never said that. Are you just saying that yourself or what? This statement is so biased if I'm reading it right.

Except that trailers in this fashion were never done for Melee. Sorry if that's news to you. Daisy was actually a different model, or are you saying otherwise?
Ugh. I said she is listed as a newcomer because she IS a newcomer. You said she's only listed as a newcomer for technical reasons, and you have no proof of that. The website says she's a newcomer, so it's a safe bet that she is her own character. I don't know what you aren't understanding?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Anyone who thinks that Lucina isn't a newcomer is delusional if you ask me.

Lucas isn't an alt of Ness, Ganon isn't an alt of Captain Falcon.
The moveset is the only thing she is sharing with Marth, and even that's not completely certain.

Everything else is her own, and that's all there is to it. If she was an alternate costume, she would have been revealed in a random Pic of the Day like Jogging Little Mac and Murica Mario.
Those two didn't get their own slot on the website, a formal introduction in the trailer, and a plethora of new screenshots.

Last edited:

Azule07

Smash Cadet
Thus why she should get her own sub forum
Don't bite me D: I completely agree.
A - She's a clone character. All previous clones have had their own place.
B - She's an alt character. She plays differently, handles differently and has variations on Marth's moves. She should be talked about and discussed separately. There's no excuse not to give her one either way, but Falcon's isn't up yet either...if it does hit a point where she's excluded, i'll be pretty disappointed. She's separate from Marth regardless of the reason.
I did that actually and managed to get likes, lol.
That's pretty impressive.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
It doesn't matter to me that she is might be a clone. I only got into FE because I played as Roy, another clone in Melee. I am an abashed clone advocate. I even liked the Clone Sage in Spider-Man.

I wonder who is her mother for her Smash appearance? Her lightness probably lends itself to Sumia, but her power alludes to Olivia.

Lucina is probably the reason for a lack of an air game with Marth in SSB4. Lucina is the lighter character and thus also probably works better in the air. At least that's my speculation.

Last edited:

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
We honestly won't know until we see some more gameplay footage. Enough to see if the properties of her moves are different.

Or if Sakurai makes a miiverse post about her.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
Ugh. I said she is listed as a newcomer because she IS a newcomer. You said she's only listed as a newcomer for technical reasons, and you have no proof of that. The website says she's a newcomer, so it's a safe bet that she is her own character. I don't know what you aren't understanding?
I never concluded she was a technical newcomer. I said it as a possibility.

Understand this for a moment. I'm not for or against her. I'm not excited whether she's in as her own character or not. I'm saying there are other possibilities, not concluding anything here. Smash 4 is making A LOT of changes from past games.

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I'm pretty happy by this reveal and I don't understand why she shouldn't be treated as a newcomer considering she isn't a Female Marth, but Lucina, daughter of Chrom.

There's no question to be asked there, she is listed as a newcomer, appears in a trailer, and while she does seem to be a clone, it's still a different character.

It would be like treating Daisy as a Peach alt because the two characters wear dresses and can be compared to each other. Ridiculous. Not to mention that Fox and Falco each had a subforum on the Melee category.

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
I've been a huge Robin and Chrom supporter, but I just wanted to say congrats guys. The more Fire Emblem representation we get, the better. :)

Hoser

Smash Ace
There's going to be a sub-forum. Staff is just having a problem with Captain Falcon at the moment. He doesn't seem to want to be contained within a sub-forum (though they've got him back in for the moment)

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
I don't know why we're arguing over if Lucina's an alt or not. Unless we see the Male Wii Fit Trainer on a slot on the website, Lucina is obviously her own character.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
It doesn't matter to me that she is might be a clone. I only got into FE because I played as Roy, another clone in Melee. I am an abashed clone advocate. I even liked the Clone Sage in Spider-Man.

I wonder who is her mother for her Smash appearance? Her lightness probably lends itself to Sumia, but her power alludes to Olivia.

Lucina is probably the reason for a lack of an air game with Marth in SSB4. Lucina is the lighter character and thus also probably works better in the air. At least that's my speculation.
Sumia is as close to a canon wife for Chrom as we're likely to ever get. That said, I doubt Lucina's mother will factor into Smash.

Also, I am very excited for Lucina! She's my favorite Awakening character! GET HYPE!

Subforum when?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom