• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hong

The Strongest
O Full Slot to this crap. Such a waste of Slot!

So unhappy with this. Luclone is a full clone, not a semi-clone like the Brawl ones. She is a Lazy charecter from Melee, just a filler to complete the Roster.
Pretty bold to claim there is any concept of "slots" to begin with. If Intelligent Systems were given a slot to fill, Robin took it, and Lucina is just the toy in the cereal box. I don't think Lucina means any character didn't suddenly appear. Sakurai isn't pretending she is some whole new character, and Robin was the star of the show.
Later guys, hopefully I can catch you all online for Lucina dittos.
Farewell my love. (◡‿◡✿)

Last edited:

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Now if only I could equip her with the Gradivus she's been using in my Lunatic file. I am a little disappointed she doesn't seem to get to use lances in any way. But then again we haven't seen her full set.

But seriously, Lucina with Gradivus would be amazing. Regalia for the win!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Why Robin had (besides the Villager) the best trailer:

Don't like Robin? Okay, fine. Here's Captain ****ing Falcon and probably the best Fire Emblem lead.

Edit - Oh, and the part where Robin casually crashed the leak and tells us "It's going to be alright."
When he said that I felt like he was breaking the fourth wall and directly talking to me

I teared up a little

save me robin sempai

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
Uhhhhhh, which scene are your referring to? It's been a while since I played Awakening :p
The one where Lucina confronts the Avatar after the Five Gemstones (Chapter 21).

I think a better question would be, what custom moves would she have differently from Marth
Agreed, even if base moves are the same specials can, and likely will, be different.

So Chrom is Vegeta?
He is the Prince, after all.

Severn

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1478-4772-7152
I was going to main Lucina because she looked like a faster Marth. But it just seems she is more noob-friendly. I'll stick to my boy(?) Marth. :)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I was going to main Lucina because she looked like a faster Marth. But it just seems she is more noob-friendly. I'll stick to my boy(?) Marth. :)
She does look a bit faster, though. Especially in the air.
One thing we haven't considered is what changes Marth himself has faced. Marth is now slower and more ground-based, and also spacing-focused.

Lucina, despite having the same actual moves, seems to have a completely different playstyle.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Not having the tipper doesn't necessarily mean more noob friendly. We won't know the skill caps until a while after the game comes out. these things take time.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I'm pretty sure it went down like this.

Mister Sakurai : Hello there Intelligent Systems! I have come to you wondering if I could use Robin for one of the new Fire Emblem characters for the new Smash Bros game we are working on!

IS: Thats fine Mister Sakurai...but...um....Could you possibly include Chrom and Lucina as well?

Sakurai: Welll....I'm not too sure what I could do with them...Maybe Chrom as part of Robin's final smash...But Lucina..

IS: Make Lucina a playable character and we'll throw in a sweet trailer with Captain Falcon to boot

Sakurai : Deal!

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
This is not a bad thing in my books.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
tl;dr: "Congrats on getting a useless character, guys!"

In all seriousness, you could have phrased that a little better. :ohwell:
Possible; let me explain my reasoning. I think that; A. Chrom would've been a better fit, B. having a clone when he said he was going for uniqueness is stupid and lazy; and C. he merely added her because it's another female (Lyn could've fit this bill much nicer.) and D. Awakening isn't really all that exciting for me. Robin's cool because Magic, but an almost exact clone is just dumb.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Possible; let me explain my reasoning. I think that; A. Chrom would've been a better fit, B. having a clone when he said he was going for uniqueness is stupid and lazy; and C. he merely added her because it's another female (Lyn could've fit this bill much nicer.) and D. Awakening isn't really all that exciting for me. Robin's cool because Magic, but an almost exact clone is just dumb.
I don't agree with any of that, but that's not the point.

The point is, your congratulations and following statement cancel each other out. :laugh:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Physical abilities are identical... am I to take this literally?

I mean, i would like if she could get in easier to compensate, unless her blows are that much more powerful.
Maybe it's just an error in translation and he means her physical moves are identical. At least that's what I hope.

Marth copied her moves in Awakening so it's only fitting that she copies them in Smash.

The only fans that should be mad at Lucina's inclusion are Roy fans, who was the only other really viable FE clone option. But they would probably prefer an original Roy anyway.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I don't agree with any of that, but that's not the point.

The point is, your congratulations and following statement cancel each other out. :laugh:
Really? You aren't upset that she's almost EXACTLY like Marth when Sakurai straight up said they were going for uniqueness this time? Doesn't it seem a tad lazy to add a character, but make her the cloniest-clone of all? Even Pichu, Young Link, Roy, Ganondorf, Dr. Mario, Wolf, Lucas and Falco had SOME major differences in Melee and Brawl. But Lucina's moves are almost 100% identical.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Really? You aren't upset that she's almost EXACTLY like Marth when Sakurai straight up said they were going for uniqueness this time? Doesn't it seem a tad lazy to add a character, but make her the cloniest-clone of all? Even Pichu, Young Link, Roy, Ganondorf, Dr. Mario, Wolf, Lucas and Falco had SOME major differences in Melee and Brawl. But Lucina's moves are almost 100% identical.
No, I'm not upset. I'm a a little disappointed, but being upset over having unique Robin and cloney Lucina seems spoiled to me.
I'm happy with what I have.

Besides, it makes more sense for Lucina to have Marth's moveset than it did for Roy.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
No, I'm not upset. I'm disappointed, but being upset over having unique Robin and cloney Lucina seems spoiled to me.
I'm happy with what I have.

Besides, it makes more sense for Lucina to have Marth's moveset than it did for Roy.
I think what I'm upset about is that she's STRAIGHT UP clone, not unique at all. She has the EXACT same moves. And 4 characters seems like a bit of overkill on FE, especially when 2 of them are from ONE game and only appeared once.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think what I'm upset about is that she's STRAIGHT UP clone, not unique at all. She has the EXACT same moves. And 4 characters seems like a bit of overkill on FE, especially when 2 of them are from ONE game and only appeared once.
She's a bonus character.

Example. In Soulcalibur IV there's a ton of characters, each with vastly different movesets. However, there are five characters designed by popular manga artists included as clones of five pre-existing characters. Nobody is upset that they are there because it doesn't hurt anything to have clone movesets if the character themselves are different.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
She's a bonus character.

Example. In Soulcalibur IV there's a ton of characters, each with vastly different movesets. However, there are five characters designed by popular manga artists included as clones of five pre-existing characters. Nobody is upset that they are there because it doesn't hurt anything to have clone movesets if the character themselves are different.
ok, but her appearance AS a clone could mean the end for other, more deserving fighters, like K. Rool or Mewtwo.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
ok, but her appearance AS a clone could mean the end for other, more deserving fighters, like K. Rool or Mewtwo.
How? She's a bonus character who was a very easy swap to make. I don't see how Lucina, a very quick and easy character to make, replaced any more deserving fighters. If anything, more "deserving" fighters didn't make it in because they weren't in the budget, and Lucina was added after they finished all the original characters they already planned anyway.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
No. Her appearance as a clone means the opposite of that.

Because she's a clone, that's less work on her that goes to the aforementioned characters.
If the only reason you dislike her inclusion is because she takes the slot of a more deserving character, then you should shift your dislike to Robin instead.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
How? She's a bonus character who was a very easy swap to make. I don't see how Lucina, a very quick and easy character to make, replaced any more deserving fighters. If anything, more "deserving" fighters didn't make it in because they weren't in the budget, and Lucina was added after they finished all the original characters they already planned anyway.
If I may quote Sakurai, "We won't have as many newcomers as previous titles"

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
Disappointed? I'm ecstatic! I love playing Marth but I love Lucina more. Best of both worlds.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
Saying that Lucina being in "takes up a slot" (as though they will stop development the moment they hit character #X) or directly determines that other wanted newcomers won't be in is just absurd, lol.

Last edited:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
I was hoping Sakurai would make it clear that Lucina was her own character soon.
He did it today....now i can FINALLY enjoy the fact Luci is in Smash.

Thank you guys for giving me hope! Youre awesome!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
When can Sakurai ever be trusted to stick to what he says?? And I'm pretty sure he didn't even directly say that.
And even if it is, Brawl has 18 newcomers, it would be hard to top that anyway.
If we are getting more clones like Lucina (probably not many, but maybe a few), I think we could easily top 18. Without clones I was thinking 16 max.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
When can Sakurai ever be trusted to stick to what he says?? And I'm pretty sure he didn't even directly say that.
And even if it is, Brawl has 18 newcomers, it would be hard to top that anyway.
He also said we're "nearing the bottom of the barrel of newcomer videos". Unless he pulls what he did yesterday and doubles up the vids, we're running out of new character slots.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
He also said we're "nearing the bottom of the barrel of newcomer videos". Unless he pulls what he did yesterday and doubles up the vids, we're running out of new character slots.
Have you considered the fact that most of the really requested characters are antagonists? What if there's a villains only trailer introducing Ridley, King K Rool, and maybe Ganondorf and Ghirahim?
Seenms far-fetched, sure, but so did getting Robin, Lucina and Captain Falcon, especially considering we were highly expecting Shulk.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Have you considered the fact that most of the really requested characters are antagonists? What if there's a villains only trailer introducing Ridley, King K Rool, and maybe Ganondorf and Ghirahim?
Seenms far-fetched, sure, but so did getting Robin, Lucina and Captain Falcon, especially considering we were highly expecting Shulk.
Probably not Ghirahim, but a villains trailer? Definitely, and I'm positive we'll have secret newcomers, too. He said we're getting to the bottom of the barrel of newcomer "videos."

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Ridley's not gonna be playable lol. If anything, the villain's only trailer would probably be K. Rool, Mewtwo, and Ganondorf, with maybe Wario. That's only one newcomer.

There's also Takamaru, Shulk, and a RH rep who have the best shots for now.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ridley's not gonna be playable lol.
Okay, now your clearly just making assumptions.:facepalm:

Probably not Ghirahim, but a villains trailer? Definitely, and I'm positive we'll have secret newcomers, too. He said we're getting to the bottom of the barrel of newcomer "videos."
I find a Zelda newcomer when there's two FE newcomers.
Arbitrary, I know, but also my most wanted character, so the opinion is probably skewed.

@ andimidna andimidna I agree, someone do what she says.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ridley's not gonna be playable lol. If anything, the villain's only trailer would probably be K. Rool, Mewtwo, and Ganondorf, with maybe Wario. That's only one newcomer.
Robin wasn't going to be playable, either.

Arbitrary, I know, but also my most wanted character, so the opinion is probably skewed.

I find a Zelda newcomer fairly likely, but I don't think it'll be Ghirahim. If anyone it'd probably be Impa.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Okay, now your clearly just making assumptions.:facepalm:

Tell me how Ridley has a chance when he's been confirmed as a boss. And do it via PM, don't wanna get offtopic.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
and so, there will be a Lucina Amiibo! Just realized that, and all that speculation after the Amiibo trailer was correct.

Also, tried to look for some Lucina gifs on Tumblr. Big mistake.

andimidna

Smash Master
If Lucina can join than why not Ghirahim?
I mean, I'm not expecting him. But that's just because of the amount of characters I think we have left. I think he's the 7th most likely character left. If we do get 7 more newcomers, I'd expect him. Unless you have good reasoning against him and not just a preference towards Impa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom