• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
You stated several things as fact while blatantly stating 'no' to being corrected, then after being shown as wrong not even rescinding. Tell me what's nice? :\

We can speculate on how Lucina's nair is different as much as you want. But you need to not be ignorant to the truth (that Marth's nair hits in front 3 times in not just Brawl, but Melee and I'm like 90% sure in this game as well).
After seeing and thinking about how far back's Lucina's second swing is in that picture, I went to look at the frames of the Brawl gif I just posted and he does the exact same thing.
The animation is the exact same
No need for further speculation on that at all.
Does it have a hitbox back there, which is unlike Marth (in melee/brawl)? MAYBE. We don't know. That's something that you can speculate on, yes.

There may be some alternative legwork in Lucina's animations however.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
It is in a way, but doesn't it kind of get rid of that feel back in the day when you unlocked someone you had no idea was in the game at the time? Especially when it came to Melee, where it felt like there the menu was full, then all of a sudden, "CHALLENGER APPROACHING!" just for another slot to appear on the edge. I can't remember how hyped I was when I unlocked Mewtwo.
That won't work anymore due to the popularity of the internet.

Back in 2001, the internet was popular but still not ubiquitous.

Thus, Sakurai is giving you those feels now, himself. It is the only way to be surprised, still, especially since Smash 3DS is coming out in Japan a MONTH before anywhere else.

I like it. GG, Sakurai.

BertEast

Smash Apprentice
You stated several things as fact while blatantly stating 'no' to being corrected, then after being shown as wrong not even rescinding. Tell me what's nice? :\

We can speculate on how Lucina's nair is different as much as you want. But you need to not be ignorant to the truth.
After seeing and thinking about how far back's Lucina's second swing is in that picture, I went to look at the frames of the Brawl gif I just posted and he does the exact same thing.
The animation is the exact same
No speculation on that at all.
Does it have a hitbox back there, which is unlike Marth (in melee/brawl)? MAYBE. We don't know. That's something that you can speculate on, yes.
Let me clear stuff up for you on what I think is going on. I look at Marth's nair two main swings, not three, on Marth
If you took what I said as fact, than you're the ignorant one. Everything regarding Lucina's move properties are currently speculation, since not only do we not have extremely limited information, the game can also be changed. I mean, the animations may be similar, but there is a slash effect on the ending of Lucina's nair as she brings the sword back a third time. To me, this looks very much like a hitbox since Marth's moves typically correlate to hitboxes being on slash effect.
Perhaps it's not, we don't know, we're all just speculating. Even you're speculating, since everything is subject to change. I don't know what you're arguing against, since we both seem to be talking about something else. I think the attack is different from Marth's just cause of that final swing forward has a slash effect, which Marth's doesn't, in the Melee gif, you see it go away when the slash effect disappears.

Maybe I am being ignorant, but that comes with speculation. Seriously dude, all we have is that imgur album to look at. That 3rd slash in front of her looks like a 3rd hit to me.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Shaya, tell me more Marth secrets! ♥
Unlike in Melee, Brawl Marth's down tilt angles upwards during the initial FRAME of it's hitbox. Yes, it happens in less than a frame and hence doesn't get picked up by usual 60 frame recordings, I spotted it in dolphin going in 1/4 in training mode + lowest FPS possible~
♥
dtilt-hd.gif

To this end, it's turned me into having horrible down tilt habits in Melee and Project M, in which it doesn't have such gdlk anti-air properties (I keep trying to beat character's nairs with it :()

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Iunno, that nair seems different in some ways to me but I can't place my finger on it.

Also, can we all agree that she is going to be faster and strike quicker compared to Marth? or is that just me?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Also, can we all agree that she is going to be faster and strike quicker compared to Marth? or is that just me?
Yeah this is really a deal clincher for me (and what will most likely be the rest of the old Marth caste). If Lucina maintains speedy aerials, like Marth has in Melee/Brawl, and is in general faster than Marth, than even his slightly better kill power on tippers will likely resort in a general shift of tournament play towards Lucina. I just hope this is a hint/nod from Sakurai that he's responded to the fears of Marth being overnerfed from E3/Demo stuff, if we're to take "physically the same" a tad literally.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Whether or not :4lucina: is a full clone I will be maining her over :4marth:, because I prefer not having to use the edge of my blade to secure the most kills.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
As a FE fan, this pleases me.

While I can't say I supported any of these characters (not even Chrom, and Falcon was a given, but in dat trailer...), seeing the franchise get more than two reps is always satisfying.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Sounds like
-adding a clone takes just as long as adding a unique character
-Sakurai went with the clone route because he doesn't care
-clones are bad
-Saki tai doesn't care if fans get upset

I honestly can't agree with any of these
Yeah...

If Sakurai didn't care about fans or unique movesets, he would've just added Chrom instead of Robin. I like Chrom, but it's honestly true.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Does anyone else get slightly annoyed when people complain about her being a clone of Marth when we already have that in the form of Toon Link but people go "No Toon Link is different, shut up"

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Does anyone else get slightly annoyed when people complain about her being a clone of Marth when we already have that in the form of Toon Link but people go "No Toon Link is different, shut up"
Yeah.

Everyone here gets annoyed by it.
We all got practically flamed for getting our favorite character. :(

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
We all got practically flamed for getting our favorite character. :(
And its really not fair to you guys because we've only seen, like, 4 moves from her and just about all of them seem to be different in some regard from Marth's moves.

Its Gematsu flaming all over again...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
And its really not fair to you guys because we've only seen, like, 4 moves from her and just about all of them seem to be different in some regard from Marth's moves.

Its Gematsu flaming all over again...
Well, I mean...she is so far proven to be mostly a Marth clone...

But coming here just to tell us our most wanted character is a waste of a slot?
Is that necessary?

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Well, I mean...she is so far proven to be mostly a Marth clone...

But coming here just to tell us our most wanted character is a waste of a slot?
Is that necessary?
Well obviously they don't know Lucina's impact in the FE franchise. They're just mad that their fave wasn't confirmed even as a clone at least. I'm fine with people saying that she should've gotten a unique moveset, but she is NOT a waste of a slot.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I think we just have to wait until the main game comes out. Maybe Sakurai will reveal more details about her moves later on, but currently we've only seen her at work in trailers so we can't be entirely sure of her moveset. Sure she may end up very similar to Marth in terms of moves and movement, but for me in America I have much more reason to play as Lucina and Robin than Marth, as I haven't played anything he's in.

Great to see my favorite pair from Fire Emblem in the game. Both in terms of characters and romance.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well obviously they don't know Lucina's impact in the FE franchise. They're just mad that their fave wasn't confirmed even as a clone at least. I'm fine with people saying that she should've gotten a unique moveset, but she is NOT a waste of a slot.
Nobody is a "waste" of a slot, that implies every slot has the same impact on the rest of the roster. They don't.
If she had a completely different moveset from the rest of the characters, well, maybe they have a point. I wouldn't agree with it, but we're all biased.

But she's a bonus character. The impact she has on the rest of the game is small. She's got a modified sweet spot and altered stats, that's it.

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Guys. Why are we going to care about people that complain? We have our chracter in smash and idc what her moveset is. As long as she is fun to play and decent overall idm. We should ignore it. Don't let others kill your joy and hype, This discussions shouldn't be made bigger then 1 post tbh. That really is the best way to end it.

In the end I can say this

BUT I CAN PLAY LUCINA AND YOU CAN'T PLAY RIDLEY OR K.ROOL OR WHOEVER YOU LIKE UNTIL THEY GET CONFIRMED. and then laugh.(No hate to them I want K.Rool in smash)(I don't care that much for Ridley, he is way to overhyped anyway.)

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
So apparently Ken said on a livestream that he plans on maining Lucina or Robin in Smash 4 and that he'll probably use Marth on lower-tier tournaments.

Kef

Smash Apprentice
To be completely honest, I would've been satisfied with Marth having a Lucina costume and call it a day, because I had low expectations for Lucina to be her own character (with Chrom and Gematsu). But having her as her own character slot with Marth's moveset (which I have experience with) and with her new blade mechanic is even better.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Lucina is going to be faster Marth and top-tier. Mark my words! :039:
This is what I believe, as well.
I believe Marth got the changes he did (being slower, being ground/spacing focused), to accommodate for Lucina being included, and I believed that long before she was even revealed.

Last edited:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
This is what I believe, as well.
I believe Marth got the changes he did to accommodate for Lucina being included, and I believed that long before she was even revealed.
Exactly. Once I heard Marth was nerfed, I knew it was to accommodate for something. :4lucina:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Yesterday, I started playing Fire Emblem Awakening, and I'm really enjoying it! I'm on the part where the guy in the green clothes sells them out to the bandits. I'm pretty sure it's Chapter 7 or 8.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Heh, as much as I like Lucina she may be difficult for me to main because I usually have problems with speed oriented characters. Probably won't stop me from trying though. To be fair much of that was my lack of motivation to get better during Brawl since I had few people to play the game and the online turned pretty useless.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I was always better with Roy, and I think it mainly had to do with his sweet spot. Since Lucina doesn't have the tipper, I expect that I'd use her quite the decent amount. She will be in the rotation of characters that I can use but aren't one of my top two.

ItalianSheathe

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3609-2019-2185
I'm sorry, but even if you don't think it's fair that the game hasn't came out yet, There really is no excuse at this point for clones. :falcomelee::pichumelee::roymelee::younglinkmelee::drmario:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I'm sorry, but even if you don't think it's fair that the game hasn't came out yet, There really is no excuse at this point for clones. :falcomelee::pichumelee::roymelee::younglinkmelee::drmario:
Really? Dude, Lucina is a clone that makes 100% of being a clone. I don't get why so many people don't have an issue with Toon Link, but the world ends when Lucina is added. I don't get whats so wrong with adding more characters to the roster with a clone that makes sense. I can get it if it was Gdorf as another Falcon clone (it makes no sense.) But Sakurai took Lucina as the perfect opportunity to bulk up the roster.

ZiggaWaTT

Smash Journeyman
Yay lucina is in! (yes I know a little late :p ) Hopefully I will like the feel of her more then I do with marth. I like marths kit but the general feel of him and his tipper dont quite feel right to me. So im hoping she feels something like roy in PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom