• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Didn't get the chance to say this before I left, but I wanted to say congrats, and sorry to you guys.

I don't know if I at any point come across as an a-hole as far as my thoughts towards Lucina, but I am happy for you guys nonetheless. She looks like a good addition and I can't wait to try her out.

samsparta21

Smash Ace
There was a leak awhile ago on the GameFAQs forums here
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69440637

It claimed that the Gematsu leak had a few characters wrong, that it would be Lucina instead of Chrom, and Marshal instead of Chorus Kids.

So far he's been right about Lucina, we'll see how this ends up

I really hope this guy's right because Chorus Kids are a stupid idea, and it also agrees with my belief that the Gematsu leak had at least some information going for it

(He also says Lucina will have her "Marth" alt)

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

It claimed that the Gematsu leak had a few characters wrong, that it would be Lucina instead of Chrom, and Marshal instead of Chorus Kids.

I really hope this guy's right because Chorus Kids are a stupid idea, and it also agrees with my belief that the Gematsu leak had at least some information going for it

Hmmm...that's actually very interesting. But the question is, does this guy know something or is he just some random schmuck?

I still think Shulk and Marshal/Chorus Men are in.

---

Anyway, Lucina DOES look awesome. I thought she'd be a bad addition, but now that I've seen her in the game I like her. I'm not bandwagoning really. All it took was some in game footage for me.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Anyway, Lucina DOES look awesome. I thought she'd be a bad addition, but now that I've seen her in the game I like her. I'm not bandwagoning really. All it took was some in game footage for me.
It's funny you say that, because she doesn't even have the unique moveset we though she would.

I guess it wasn't necessary, because I love her inclusion. In fact, I may have liked it more as Marth is one of my mains.

Reginleif

Smash Ace

I thought it was only logical that Lucina was getting in over Chrom. The only thing working against that logic was the Gematsu leak.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I hadn't seen that leak before now. It's definitely interesting and I would prefer having Marshal over the Chorus Kids, so what the heck - I'll take it with a grain of salt but accept it nevertheless as being true for now. :p

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I honestly don't care about leaks anymore, the one character I didn't want (Not because of the character himself, but for the implications on the rest of the roster) got deconfirmed.
I have what I want, anything else that gets confirmed is a bonus.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Yesterday, I started playing Fire Emblem Awakening, and I'm really enjoying it! I'm on the part where the guy in the green clothes sells them out to the bandits. I'm pretty sure it's Chapter 7 or 8.
Marry Lucina and you get the most overpowered kid ever.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Really? Dude, Lucina is a clone that makes 100% of being a clone. I don't get why so many people don't have an issue with Toon Link, but the world ends when Lucina is added. I don't get whats so wrong with adding more characters to the roster with a clone that makes sense. I can get it if it was Gdorf as another Falcon clone (it makes no sense.) But Sakurai took Lucina as the perfect opportunity to bulk up the roster.
...people did have an issue with Toon Link. People still have an issue with Toon Link. I have an issue with Toon Link.

Yes, yes, I don't want veterans being cut, but for goodness sakes, they could have changed him up a bit. </rantthateveryoneelsealreadysaid>

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hey guys, since Lucina exists...
PICHU HAS A CHANCE NOW.
DOCTOR MARIO HAS A CHANCE NOW.

I like Lucina even more now. :3

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I went with Robin x Brady for Morgan, who I paired with Cynthia, and paired Lucina with Inigo. Both have resulted in crazy strong pairings. :p

I don't think Toon Link is too bad. Playing him feels very different and his model is vastly different, despite his moves generally being the same. I'd say he's a pretty good example of a clone even though it'd have been nice for them to change up a couple of his moves (i.e. give him other moves seen exclusively in Toon Link titles).

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
My first playthrough, I married Cordelia. My second, I played as a female, and I married Chrom. My third, I will be male again and marry Lucina in honor of her smash inclusion. I'm very excited to play as Lucina, even though she wasn't on my most wanted list.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I am working on my second (complete) playthrough. My first was a female playthrough where I married Gaius.
Now, I'm doing a male playthrough and marrying Lucina. Chrom will be married to Olivia.

Morgan is going to be a killing machine.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I am working on my second (complete) playthrough. My first was a female playthrough where I married Gaius.
Now, I'm doing a male playthrough and marrying Lucina. Chrom will be married to Olivia.

Morgan is going to be a killing machine.
I love picturing Chrom's proposal to Olivia as him getting a lap dance, and then instantly proposing.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
In both playthroughs, I ended up marrying Chrom with Sumia. It just felt right.
I agree. It does feel quite right. The game pretty much confirms it. They are seen married in the opening, the cutscene where they pair up is called "Lovebirds" and a bunch of other small hints.

However, as much as I love ChromXSumia, I love GaiusXSumia even more. More funny and natural.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
It's one of the two pairings that could easily be canon. Along with RobinxLucina.
Yep. I loved this marriage mechanic so much. It should definitely come back in latter installments. If not marriage, they should at least make the support system as clearly defined as it was in Awakening. Bring back platoons and deep personal story, and you've got a beautiful game right there.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
My male avatar married lucina, and my female avatars married Chrom (or Gaius). House Ylisse shall stand strong at the head of the army!

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I keep hearing about its replay value, but I have two questions to ask before deciding whether or not to buy it:

• What's stopping me from playing the same way on the replay? Because I always tend to no matter how hard I try otherwise.

• What's left to do after I beat the hardest difficulty?

Last edited:

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
For me, Sumia pairs perfectly with Henry. He's so crazy that it explains Cynthia's cookiness. Plus, their support conversations are great, using magic to swap bodies and experience things they can't in their regular bodies (...take that as you will). It's really the only pairing that I absolutely do every time.

This (4th) play through, I'm going with Lissa for Robin. Mostly to get an Owain with armsthrift that doesn't otherwise feel gypped, and doesn't have bleh looking hair. Plus, there's gotta be some level of dark humor in giving him a meta reason for his Cursed Sword Hand. Also gives an adorable Morgan who takes after her mother quite well with the jokes and teasing. Haven't decided on any other pairings except Chrom x Olivia, since Inigo makes such a fun little brother for Lucina.

IIrc, there's no in-game reason to beat any difficulty harder than Normal/Casual, right?

There's no rewards for beating anything else except bragging rights, right?
I forget if Lunatic is available right off the bat, but if not beating Hard unlocks it. Then beating Lunatic unlocks Lunatic+. After that, it's just bragging rights. And unlocking higher modes unlocks it in both forms if done on Classic, but only on Casual if you beat the prior mode on Casual. So beating Lunatic on Classic unlocks everything as far as difficulty goes.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
So yeah Lucina is gonna be on my to play first list of newcomers along with Robin so expect me to be here in the future and gather info and such. And speaking of FE:Awakening I'm planning to make a Lunatic file in a bit and have Robin married off to Tharja and try to get Chrom and Olivia to happen.

EDIT: Also hello there folks.

Last edited:

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464

seems legit it was posted before Lucina's reveal video too

Last edited:

Shotguner159

Smash Apprentice
• What's stopping me from playing the same way on the replay? Because I always tend to no matter how hard I try otherwise.
RNG. It's pretty much impossible from playing the same way on a replay because of it. You can use the same characters and strategies, but your characters will have different stats, you might get criticals/skill activations on one play but not another, your enemies might have enough variation in their stats that an enemy that died on one play lives in another.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
For me, Sumia pairs perfectly with Henry. He's so crazy that it explains Cynthia's cookiness. Plus, their support conversations are great, using magic to swap bodies and experience things they can't in their regular bodies (...take that as you will). It's really the only pairing that I absolutely do every time.

This (4th) play through, I'm going with Lissa for Robin. Mostly to get an Owain with armsthrift that doesn't otherwise feel gypped, and doesn't have bleh looking hair. Plus, there's gotta be some level of dark humor in giving him a meta reason for his Cursed Sword Hand. Also gives an adorable Morgan who takes after her mother quite well with the jokes and teasing. Haven't decided on any other pairings except Chrom x Olivia, since Inigo makes such a fun little brother for Lucina.

I forget if Lunatic is available right off the bat, but if not beating Hard unlocks it. Then beating Lunatic unlocks Lunatic+. After that, it's just bragging rights. And unlocking higher modes unlocks it in both forms if done on Classic, but only on Casual if you beat the prior mode on Casual. So beating Lunatic on Classic unlocks everything as far as difficulty goes.
I accidentally got Lissa as my wife in my first play through of Awakening. I married her right after Emmeryn died.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Some people aren't happy because Lucina doesn't offer anything new to Smash Bros., but I'm here to say she completely deserves her spot and just because she's a clone doesn't warrant her disregard.

Yes, it's not as thrilling for a newcomer to basically share the same moveset as a veteran. I mean, who wouldn't want Lucina to have her own unique fighting style and show everyone how epic she can be? Don't say that her fighting style always resembled Marth's. Yes, they're distant relatives and share some of the same genes, but she learned from her father, Chrom, and based on the "Two Falchions" cutscene, there were so many possibilities for a new moveset to completely differentiate themselves from Marth. Owain is a good example of how sharing DNA with Marth doesn't automatically mean he'll have his fighting style. (Shoutout to his sword hand.)

The reality is that Sakurai favored Robin. Robin was a great representative for the series because he introduced the diversity of Fire Emblem mechanics (magic/sword, male/female, shining through an existence of bad circumstances such as fated to be Grima). He is the star of the Fire Emblem representatives in SSB4 at the moment and it's not up for debate. Three representatives was all anyone was expecting, since the Fire Emblem franchise isn't as big as Zelda who has over four representatives (if you count Sheik and assuming Ganondorf will return). Adding Lucina as a clone was to Sakurai excused by canonical humor (since she pretends to be him and shares his DNA). Lucina was low priority and Fire Emblem had more than enough representatives, but they still made way to accommodate her for big reasons. She was completely necessary as a representative. Her impact is undeniable in the franchise; she more than outclasses Chrom and Robin in this regard, being the most popular character in Awakening. Like Toon Link, Lucina is a big icon to her respective franchise that had to be recognized in SSB4 somehow.

Smash Bros. is not all about fighting styles. It's to celebrate character diversity. If you played Awakening, you'd know that Lucina is the daughter of Chrom and heir to the Ylissean throne who deals with an apocalyptic future and travels back in time disguising as the Hero King himself to change her fate and spark hope. All she had was one sword and world of troubles. Lucina is the catalyst for the story of Awakening. She symbolizes hope, without her everyone is dead and Robin is forever Grima. There is no doubt why she's the fan favorite and the company favorite by a long shot.

Overall, her inclusion was necessary. Clone or not, Lucina is a fascinating character, the pure essence of hope and change, and the biggest female icon to the Fire Emblem franchise. But she fights like Marth in SSB4, so she doesn't deserve to be a representative?

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I keep hearing about its replay value, but I have two questions to ask before deciding whether or not to buy it:

• What's left to do after I beat the hardest difficulty?
1. There are 50 characters (technically over 200). You use about 14 on average. Change it up each time.
2. Your avatar is heavily customizable.
3. You need to beat the game on Lunatic to even unlock the hardest dofficulty. Good luck with that.

I've beaten the game three times. It's still awesomome.

Edit: in regards to the RNG, initially there will be differences but Awakening allows you to hit stat caps, which only change for the kids. But you can edit people's classes and skills for different builds and that's all under your control.

Also, the DLC is all worth it.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I just hope she's not on some Melee Roy level but since it's not gonna matter where she hits you with her sword then swing away but no sweetspot/sourspot mechanic is gonna be weird if you been playing Marth for years.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
The best part of Awakening for me was without doubt the superb characters and their characterisation in the support conversations. I felt so close to each of the characters by the end of the run and couldn't wait to play it again to grow closer to the other characters I didn't spend much time with the first time around. :)
On top of that, the gameplay is just very fun and addictive in my opinion. Definitely my best game purchase for a while. :)

I think the non-tipper mechanic has the potential to change her playstyle by quite a lot. I just want some confirmation that there are other slight modifications to her movement and attacks, though. :p

Phoenon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PhoenonX
I've been grinding Awakening so hard lately, Galeforce and Nosferatu are just murdering everything in sight, and I got a pretty godly...well, Lucina because of how good Chrom and Sumia's stats were before she was recruited.

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I'm at a pretty annoying stage with my grinding where my characters get 8 XP per kill, they only have one stat left to max and their growth rate for that stat is ~30%. I once got 2 Mag upgrades for Dark Flier Lucina in 20 levels. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom