• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucina Thread [Closing]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While it could be the generic warp animation for most Fire Emblemers, I think the Time Warp with be awesome...especially if it contorts the area around her. She arrives, wearing that mask and then takes it off to do battle.....

Or puts it on as an alt costumes ;)

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
If she plays more like classic Marth, then she'll definitely be in my rotation. I am very eager to hear more about how she plays. Really hoping she's more combo based, as Marth seems to be mainly a zoning character right now.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I know I already posted here, but once I realized she is :4marth: without the "Tip of the Blade" Gimic then I thought I had to make a different post.

Here are my Planned Smash 4 Mains as of now in no particular order:

:4bowser::4robinm:/:4robinf::4pit::4diddy::4dk::4kirby::4myfriends::4littlemac::4lucina::4villager::4samus::4dedede::4megaman:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I will definitely work on getting good with Lucina. Marth was one of my alts so I will probably switch over if she becomes faster.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
You know, I still can't believe that she's actually in the game. It's just so awesome.

I was in this stage for the longest time where I want her to be in the game so badly but I really didn't see it happening because Chrom and Robin existed. I thought those two were more favored and that at least Chrom would be a shoo-in.

Glad to see all three of them in some form.

Also, the fact that she is a marth clone makes things even better for me. It just feels right that she would take after his fighting style.

NNID
Majorasmask66
No i wont main her. but she may be one of my many back ups. i like that she doesnt have the sweetspot at the tip like marth so she may be way more aggressive. she might even be a rushdown. and since she is a clone of marth, she'll have the have the speed to be one. mabye from that change alone she will be a semi clone if the change is drastic enough. and hey, the sweetspot at the tip of marths blade is so essential to marths playstyle, its what makes him a mid range fighter. but we have more changes that will be revealed in the future.

wafflini

Smash Apprentice
**** yeah.
I main Marth in brawl and the one thing that really stops me from becoming better is that tipping mechanic. I can neber seem to get the spacing right (I can do it alright in melee but I'm terrible at melee so that doesn't really matter, lol). Her not having that I can only imagine will increase my level of play.

The only issue is the villager. He too calls my name.

Last edited:

Steelia

Smash Champion
This is probably the most random question. But, what was the tune playing during the Lucina/Captain Falcon reveals in the trailer? Sounds like an Awakening song, but I can't find it :sadeyes:

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
Shes on my (rather long) list of potential mains/secondaries. I'm not that good with Marth, but with Lucina not relying so much on Falcion's tip she may suit me more. At the very least I have to give the poor girl a chance after watching miiverse savage her for 2 days. More likely as a secondary though,:4falcon:&:4palutena: have my mains mostly sealed up.

Phoenon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PhoenonX
It'd be neat if Don't Speak Her Name made it into Smash 4 somehow. Unlikely, but neat.

I'm happy with Together We Ride regardless though.

Last edited:

Reginleif

Smash Ace
This is probably the most random question. But, what was the tune playing during the Lucina/Captain Falcon reveals in the trailer? Sounds like an Awakening song, but I can't find it :sadeyes:
It's the main theme for Awakening.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
It'd be neat if Don't Speak Her Name made it into Smash 4 somehow. Unlikely, but neat.

I'm happy with Together We Ride regardless though.
YESSSS & You May Call Me Marth which is my favorite piece

Imagine everyone going at it in Smash Bros while this music plays

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think people are delusional in thinking Lucina will be cut from the next game. Yes, she's a clone, but unlike Roy she's not a preemptive clone and she was already extremely popular from Awakening. Lucina is highly likely going to be the main Lord of the next FE game as well, I'd be astonished frankly if Lucina didn't come back and was decloned somewhat.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
I can't even with SSB5 speculation when SSB4 isn't even out yet. Let's just talk about Lucina's chances for SSB6 and SSB7 while we're at it. :psycho:

FiXalaS

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
4293-9334-7517
Did the trailer seem pretty unfinished to any of you?

even in yesterday's PoTD, the models are more crips, same for today's pic and Robin.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
So, I actually paid $70 for the full soundtrack from Japan. I love it. Gonna play it while smashing with my Princess of the Blade.

And yeah, the model work seemed a little rough. They're working on it I imagine.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Did the trailer seem pretty unfinished to any of you?

even in yesterday's PoTD, the models are more crips, same for today's pic and Robin.
When I first watched it, I honestly thought it was finished. But, as @ Kenith Kenith mentioned, she has the same idle animation as Marth, so yeah... they're most likely going to change it.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I wish they'd not "Smashify" all the character's looks so much. For example Lucina's eyes and face in general, it looks so... dull and boring, and simply put, off-model. It's not bad when you're looking away like you will be 95% of the time, but it's still annoying a bit. I know they might want to change the design/art a bit to make sure all the characters look fine together, but I don't think keeping the style of the original design in Smash is a problem. For example, Lucina's eye shape is different in SSB4, and her eyelashes are less pronounced and anime-y which also really effects the look. Changing the texture of the hair to be more realistic makes sense though, since the CGI in Awakening really makes them look very similar to as if they were drawn in 2D (having those anime style bangs in would look weird in Smash's visual style). Perhaps not everyone will agree, as to others keeping the more anime-style looking eyes might look weird in Smash's more-realistic-than-most-anime look.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Everyone thinks Lucina will be cut ssb5 :(
I don't...
We can always keep playing Smash 4/5, if she (or any other popular character) is cut in Smash 6. I mean, there are people still playing Melee more than a decade after the release. Tbh Lucina was a popular character before being Smash, unlike Roy who was tacked on Melee just to promote his game and only became popular for being Smash. Cutting him made sense (sorry Roy fans), cutting Lucina wouldn't.

Also, who is to say there will be another Smash Bros after this one? I am not even sure if I want one, to be honest...

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
We can always keep playing Smash 4/5, if she (or any other popular character) is cut in Smash 6. I mean, there are people still playing Melee more than a decade after the release. Tbh Lucina was a popular character before being Smash, unlike Roy who was tacked on Melee just to promote his game and only became popular for being Smash. Cutting him made sense (sorry Roy fans), cutting Lucina wouldn't.

Also, who is to say there will be another Smash Bros after this one? I am not even sure if I want one, to be honest...
I'm thinking Lucina will be the next Falco. A very popular character, that in a way makes sense of being a clone.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Marth = Starter, He's the main character and is on the box art
Ike = Unlockable, He's not really relevant anymore
Lucina = Unlockable, Clone
Robin = Starter, Main protagonist from the most recent game like Ike was in Brawl

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I find it odd for people to bring up discussion about Smash 5 when the current game isn't even out and the fact that it's not a game that comes out every few years like other fighting franchise do... just seems like an odd discussion as we don't even know what will take place in that timeframe.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I find it odd for people to bring up discussion about Smash 5 when the current game isn't even out and the fact that it's not a game that comes out every few years like other fighting franchise do... just seems like an odd discussion as we don't even know what will take place in that timeframe.
People will always do that so they can talk about the possible newcomers for that game. I guess some people have more fun debating characters than looking forward to the game.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
^This also your from Omaha as well lol? Sir we need to talk later.

Last edited:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Now that I've cooled down from my hype state, I really hope they improve the expressions of Robin, Lucina, and Palutena prior to release.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Yes, I do live in Omaha as a matter of fact, that information is correct lol.
Ok then well if case you are wondering we do have a smash scene and alot of new players are coming in. If you wanna know more we have a thread in the Midwest section of Smashboards but since social media such as facebook is prevalent with public/private groups we dont use it as much anymore MegaRobman and I still look at it.

Going on thread topic do you nerds forget about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem thats the next game lol? Outside of that I would want Nintendo to release FE 4/5/6 out on the Wii U/3DS E-Shop but digital only especially 4 and 6.

Last edited:

Sayjin

Smash Journeyman
People will always do that so they can talk about the possible newcomers for that game. I guess some people have more fun debating characters than looking forward to the game.
Happens in sports, too. I know quite a few people who spend months over analyzing the NFL Draft, and then as soon as it's done, starts analyzing the current college players and mocking up drafts for the next year. They don't especially care about the actual NFL season.

Same basic thing here, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom