• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Tournament Results! Updated (6/28)

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I just got like 5th or something at a tournament of I think 15. Got knocked out by 1st and 2nd place. Both Snake players. Results aren't posted yet. It was a pretty relaxed tourney which is why I'm not even sure what place I got lol.

I destroyed in money matches afterwards though. Made $12 with only 14 other people there lol. I played much better in MM's. Also I'm convinced that random is rigged in favour of Lucas and the Ice Climbers which got me a few random MM's. The only ones I lost were because I got like Captain Falcon vs. Metaknight and Ganon vs. Samus lol. Fun stuff.

No vids unfortunately because no one showed up with a laptop.

Brackets:
Beat Forumundaman (Kirby) 2-0, beat Clowsui (Falco) 2-1 (I used Snake first round, IC's second round and Lucas third round. I play him a lot so I felt like mixing it up for fun.) Beat Fizzle (lucario) 2-0, lost to Infern Angelis (Snake/Ike) 1-3, lost to Smash64 (Snake) 0-2.

MM's:
Beat Smash64 (random) 2-0, lost to Smash64 (random) 1-2, beat Smash64 (random) 2-0, beat Smash64 (Snake) 2-1, beat Clowsui (Marth/falco/fox) 2-1, beat forumundaman (random) 2-0, beat Steel Samurai (Marth) 2-0, beat God Kais in teams 2-1, lost to djskribbles (MK) 2-0, beat Fizzle (random) 2-1, beat some other guy (random) 2-0

Those are all that I remember. No one wanted to play my Lucas in an MM so I had to do randoms a lot.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
oh yeah i should describe my bracket

first round: some lucas scrub named sagre. i hate dittos in brawl so i went sonic and arped him. second set was against a fellow og erich who ddd'd the tourny. i beat him first round on battlefield (?) the he cp fd and won, i cpd norfair and won. then i had fight my team mate and friend overgames, i beat his luigi on fd, lost to him on rainbow cruise, then **** on him on brinstar. winners finals was against walker's ddd who couldn't kill until 250% lol. i beat him 3-0. the i got **** on in grand finals by dekar. i won 33 bucks towards genesis.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Great job ZMan and Tyr

The God Kais are the real deal
Especially Y.b.M.
his Kirby is amazing
Ive always wanted to play Infern's Ike in dittos
And Ive never seen Smash64's Snake but I heard its good

c3gill

Smash Ace
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=76313&page=478 nm thread, just go down to dekar's post.

yeah i might be going to genesis, in need to save up 90 more dollars for the trip though.

edit: c3gill, im from the south, not west
Tournament needs 14 or more participants, I only see 4 listed.... were there more than 14 people? and if so, can i get a link where they are listed or a link that mentions the specific amount of entrants? (sorry for sounding like a toolbag) :ohwell:

while I do agree with you that NM is south, what I am doing our regions by does not. just so I have posted it so everyone is aware, is here

EDIT- I was contemplating changing the number to min. of 16, but for the moment I am keeping it at 14. If you have an issue with this, or want to discuss why 14, feel free to PM me :)

c3gill

Smash Ace
MD and VA in south? I don't think so.
Exactly what I thought.
honestly, if yall want MD and VA in Atlantic North, ill throw them up there. And ill knock NM up to South if yall would prefer that too- the point is that these are small things that dont really matter. Im using that US DoC map as a general idea, though.

And to Zman, yea you make a good point- ill make 13 the required number of entrants.

c3gill

Smash Ace
oh yeah i forgot me and derek (luigi/marth) split first in doubles.

oh and out team name was jewfags
Yep I added your singles to the results :)

But there were only 9 team entries into the doubles tournament... falls well short of the 13 limit:ohwell:

lil cj

Smash Lord
Heres the results from the tourny I went to yesterday
Got 13th in singles
and didnt do doubles(Btw...who is a good doubles partner for Lucas?)

Im disappointed with the results
I could have done better
Lost to ROB and Weegee

Too many good players there lol
But my Lucas ***** in friendlies

Doubles:

1. Latino Stand-up (Infern/Smash64)
2. Yin Yang (Overswarm/Y.B.M.)
3. Chaotic Chrisis (Light/Spec)
4. ***** (lmao, that got censored!?!)
5. Sumi theBLack Cat of Ill Omen (Greggu/Cirno)
5. Team Foaming Penguin (Xisin/Kurri)
7. Cici's Pizza
7. Interplanetary Funksmanship (glide in yo slide/dip in yo hip)
9. Swifty Gas

Singles:

1. Overswarm
2. Hilt
3. Infern Angelis
4. Spec
5. Xisin
5. Y.B.M.
7. Mister Eric
7. Paladin
9. Smash64
9. Light
9. Cr4sh
9. Cirno
13. Greggu
13. Mayling
13. lil cj
13. Shadowbot
17. Kurri
17. Tyranitar (Boah)
17. Soldier 2

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
(Btw...who is a good doubles partner for Lucas?)
Me and my buddy from home do Lucas/Zelda. Huge healing fireballs are
a must for maximum douchery. And when Zelda gets hit, they still
go uncontrolled to max distance/power/range.

It's really obnoxious.

/off topic

I went to the SA monthly at Mizuumi-Con. I'm PM'ing the stuff now so it gets up here. Get ready, I'm back in the tourney scene. ;)

Results here.

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN TO BAN LUIGI'S, YOU FOOL!!!!!!!!!!
His favorite level is Delfino, which is what I banned. Plus, another Lucas was
saying how great Luigi's is and how he beat an MK on it real bad. I think this was Oats but maybe not. I know better for next time.

haha jk, and seriously, what the f is up with all the hype over you beating Hylian? Tell us the whole story, please. I really wanna know.

Also, good **** by the way.
Alright, here's what went down. After our strikes we ended up going to FD: my Lucas vs his GW. I made it a huge point to just stay out of his way. Being able to tech Dthrow helped a bit, and saved my second life. It was a SUPER close game, but I ended on top w/ over 100 damage.

The CP is where stuff went wacky. I banned Hylian Cruise, so he took me to Corneria. I have never been comfortable with this level, but I knew what sort of things were going to go down. We trade a few light hits and the gun begins to warm up. Hylian runs to the edge and drops to bucket some goodies. I throw a PKT down to try and mess him up. I don't remember if the tail got him or if I hit him before his Up-B, but he ended up not quite landing on the gun, and dying. The second time he got a full bucket and hit me for a lot of damage, but I didn't die.

The third time he went to go bucket, he did Judgment and not Oil Panic, causing him to eat lasers and die again. I played super careful on his last life (I still had three at this point) and got a 2 stock win.

In short:
Round 1: Legit Win.
Round 2: Great Fox is mean to Hylian.

That's what went down.

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
That should teach Hylian not to mess with Lucas on his own stage haha

good **** Last time I played his GW with my Lucas I got DESTROYED.
XD I don't LIIIIIKE Corneria! But I was pretty excited about it. The last time I played Hylian was at HOBO 12 (the one where MK was banned and the one where you and I played for the first time).
He 2 stocked me in both games so it was extra cool to actually win this one.

Irsic

Smash Ace
Also original results have been cleared, so we just have a head start....possibly. Lets keep this rate going.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
When did Reflex pick up Lucas?
I used to use him about half a year ago and dropped him after about a month to try other characters. I picked him up again about a month ago, and I plan to keep him there. Now that I understand the game better, his seemingly-situational moves are quite potent for me now.

Also, I was looking around and found this thread, so here are my first two tournaments using Lucas (in about half of my matches)--

Hardcore Extreme Ragefest Beatdown, 3/22/09
$15 Entry Fee, 36 People

1. Mew2King [Meta Knight]
2. TheReflexWonder [Wario, Lucas, Pokemon Trainer]
3. Pyronic Star [Olimar]
4. Chudat [Kirby]
5. kismet2 [Falco]
5. Chillin [Falco, Snake]
7. Dr. PeePee [Marth]
7. Azen [Lucario, Marth, Meta Knight]
Waba Game Monthly, 3/21/09
$10 entry fee, 25 entrants

1. TheReflexWonder [Pokemon Trainer, Lucas, Wario]
2. BigLou [Luigi]
3. kismet2 [Falco, Wario]
4. Rayku [Lucario]
5. Player-1 [Diddy Kong]
5. ZOM~B [ROB]
7. Scatz [Yoshi]
7. Scat [Luigi, Snake]
I also believe that Lucas has rather nice potential for the Teams scene.

Top Bottom