• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas Tournament Results! Updated (6/28)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
what matchups are you using him for?
People that camp. Dedede, Falco, and ROB are the ones that come most to mind, but it's not just those.

EDIT: I just realized that this page is specifically meant for Lucas mains. Guess my placings don't matter. :(

prOAPC

Smash Lord
tourney tomorrow ^^
looks like i'm going 100% with Lucas
i was training with MK and Diddy, but after a few days i realised that i suck with them :S
At the same time, stop playing fight my secondaries (G&W, TL, Luigi) so i'm not confident to use them in the tournament.
On the other hand, my Lucas is at its best moment :D I'm going for first place, wish me luck :)

c3gill

Smash Ace
tourney tomorrow ^^
looks like i'm going 100% with Lucas
i was training with MK and Diddy, but after a few days i realised that i suck with them :S
At the same time, stop playing fight my secondaries (G&W, TL, Luigi) so i'm not confident to use them in the tournament.
On the other hand, my Lucas is at its best moment :D I'm going for first place, wish me luck :)
Diddy is sooo fun. and get first, so i can throw some gold up by your name. Ima go ahead and add you to the list, so i am waiting for a PM/post with some good results and the tournament page!
oh and
GOOD LUCK!

on a side note, I am contemplating allowing people who 2nd Lucas to add their results to our page, If they use Lucas in a minimum of HALF of their total matches. I asked our local mod about this, and he doesnt feel strongly one way or another, so Im hoping for more opinions on this topic..... feel free to PM or post your opinion about it, so I can see what other Lucas mains think.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I'd really like to see Reflex's Lucas. Hope there'll be vids at some point.

ZMan

Smash Master
cromartie high school aka albuquerque, nm
im going to another mathnasium tourny today

btw if they list lucas under characters they used then it should count. being a lucas purist is a very hard thing to do, espacally with characters like gaw and marth in the scene. so players don't have to go all lucas to be counted

prOAPC

Smash Lord
Hi :)
i got 4th out from 20
tomorrow i'll give you full results and feedback, i'm tired right now
1. Snes (Snake)
2. MVP (Ice Climbers)
3. Isaac (F***ing Peach)
4. APC (Lucas)

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff, APC.
Over half rule: good, imo.
Someone also said 2/3 games in a set, which I think is good, too.

Idk where I stand on Lucas "secondaries" being posted here if they
are not using Lucas for at least half of the event.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
on a side note, I am contemplating allowing people who 2nd Lucas to add their results to our page, If they use Lucas in a minimum of HALF of their total matches. I asked our local mod about this, and he doesnt feel strongly one way or another, so Im hoping for more opinions on this topic..... feel free to PM or post your opinion about it, so I can see what other Lucas mains think.
I meant to reply to this earlier. Like, a couple of days ago. >_<

I don't think it matters if the person is a dedicated Lucas main. First off, he has enough trouble as it is with some of the high tier characters. (Marth, G&W, I'm looking at you.) Second, consider this hypothetical: M2K decides to use Lucas for kicks and giggles and utterly trashes everyone else at $tournament. Of course, he doesn't main Lucas, so should we still count his results? (The answer would be yes, of course.)

Point being as long as the results show Lucas performing well, it shouldn't matter if the person mained him or not.

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
I meant to reply to this earlier. Like, a couple of days ago. >_<

I don't think it matters if the person is a dedicated Lucas main. First off, he has enough trouble as it is with some of the high tier characters. (Marth, G&W, I'm looking at you.) Second, consider this hypothetical: M2K decides to use Lucas for kicks and giggles and utterly trashes everyone else at $tournament. Of course, he doesn't main Lucas, so should we still count his results? (The answer would be yes, of course.)

Point being as long as the results show Lucas performing well, it shouldn't matter if the person mained him or not.
I would assume that when we say "main" and "secondary" that we're talking about the context of a particular tournament.

For example, in this case, M2K "mains" Lucas.

EDIT: and if the results are to be counted, I think the user should main Lucas.

Levitas

the moon
I think that chu dat was a great pikachu player in melee and should by no means be discounted by the fact that his ICs were more competitively viable than his pika.

c3gill

Smash Ace
my thought process is that the person in question should be someone who is consistantly using Lucas- preferably as that persons main character. Regardless of the results of a singular tournament, I am of the opinion that the individual should be using Lucas often. Not just a main, but also a common second would fill this as well.

So if someone who has astounding skills at the game and chooses a character at random to play in a tournament, if they play Lucas I dont believe their results should be added. However, if from that tournament they decide to use Lucas with more frequency in tournaments- I think they should then be added.

I think that the point of the thread should be to support those people that are often playing as Lucas- not just people who decided to randomly play him and happen to do well with him.

While I would appreciate anyone supporting Lucas in a tournament, I just dont feel that some purposeless decision to play as him warrants being noted on this thread.

EDIT: thread is updated. APC, for the record I cant read or speak in Spanish, so that tournament link..... well I saw a lot of words that looked.... funny ...... :mad: that I took German over Spanish

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I would assume that when we say "main" and "secondary" that we're talking about the context of a particular tournament.

For example, in this case, M2K "mains" Lucas.

EDIT: and if the results are to be counted, I think the user should main Lucas.
Ah. *facepalm*

In that context, yeah, it would make sense that they need to use Lucas enough to matter.

PhoenixAlpha

Smash Journeyman
my thought process is *insert c3gill's thoughts here*
I think that the point of the thread should be to support those people that are often playing as Lucas- not just people who decided to randomly play him and happen to do well with him.

While I would appreciate anyone supporting Lucas in a tournament, I just dont feel that some purposeless decision to play as him warrants being noted on this thread.
I think this covers it nicely. This thread is for Lucas mains. Someone who uses Lucas on a whim probably doesn't care about what our boards have to say about his tournament results, anyway.

With c3gill's words, we make this more about Lucas players' tournament results, and not just Lucas tournament results.

Wasn't this thread made to encourage us to do better with Lucas?

Levitas

the moon
True, but you're using the term "main" as a reference to the preferred character of a single particular tournament. I think that rule makes sense with that definition of main.

heytallman

CTALL
Guys guys guys!!!! I just came in 2nd!!!!!!

In a Pokemon tourney with 12 people lol, but still, I ***** up, except this one guy who beat me twice.

It was a fun tourney, I helped run it

c3gill

Smash Ace
im really looking forward to adding some east and west coast Lucas results.....

personally, i dont have a tournament for a month- studying for finals means im missing one back home, so im stuck waiting for 5/10 :(

on a sidenote (and a lack of recent tournament results), i plan on allowing Brawl+ tournaments, as they seem to be popping up. As such, I will be adding a color-coded signature for B+ tournaments- so if anyone goes to one, make sure to post it!

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Grand Finals are the most important matches! :laugh:

I'm not sure, but in my opinion it should still count...

lil cj

Smash Lord
what if i go to a tournament and play all fights with Lucas, but i only use Metaknight in the grand finals, do the results count here?
imo it should still count
but if Lucas got u through the whole tourny
he should be able to get you through the finals too:)

prOAPC

Smash Lord
on april 18 i have my next tourney, and i do really want to win this tournament, prize is a Nintendo DSi. I won't use Metaknight in the previous matches because really few people know that i'm using MK now, i want to take my opponent in the finals by surprise, and i'm sure that i can go really far with Lucas only

c3gill

Smash Ace
on april 18 i have my next tourney, and i do really want to win this tournament, prize is a Nintendo DSi. I won't use Metaknight in the previous matches because really few people know that i'm using MK now, i want to take my opponent in the finals by surprise, and i'm sure that i can go really far with Lucas only
thats fine, and i would post the result- winning is winning, id want the DSi also.

Get as far as you can with Lucas, and the surprise the hell outta people by whipping out either your MK or your ..... no just pull out MK. and good luck!

Top Bottom