• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucas, Roy, Ryu (1.0.8) Community Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAzul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RioFlows
3DS FC
0705-4214-5965
Villager's Balloon Trip's fresh max travel distance remains about the same, however it now decays much more severely on consecutive uses.
Thank you for the clarification. I tested it and so long as you're not using it over and over again, you're good which I'm happy about. You shouldn't be doing this too much anyways. This comes in the wake of the way people use the custom balloons I'm sure.

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
There is some placebo going around on twitter stating that Brawler's Helicopter Kick kills 15% earlier. Can we get a confirmation or de-confirmation on this? I remember seeing no such thing, it felt exactly the same as before as well as doing the same damage as before.
Seems the same to me.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Each hit of Shulk's D-Air have a 1% increase:
Hit 1 grounded-6%->7%
Hit 1 aerial-4%->5%
Hit 2 blade-10%->11%
Hit 2 beam-9%->10%
These changes are from the v1.0.3 to v1.0.4 change. Shulk's damage have not been changed or any changes at all as far as we know.

theanjo

Smash Rookie
I posted about this in the earlier patch thread:
I can confirm that Sonic's Up Smash did get nerfed. Between both 3DS & Wii U versions (unpatched and patched, respectively), It KO'd around the same %.

Normally it would take a higher % to KO on 3DS (about 10% give or take) due to blast zones being farther apart on FD, but the KO % on the Wii U version was the about the same.
The part that I didn't test was if either base knockback was decreased, or if knockback growth was slightly decreased. I'd assume the former, due to how small of a change that is. If somebody could pick up my slack, I would appreciate it.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
I see you're using those dots on the stage to measure distance, but I was confused about your wording. Could really do with a side by side comparison for this + neutral air.
I have the DS version. Believe it's pre-1.0.4. I can't think of a good way of getting a picture of frame 5 animation not hitting other than the burst feature on my phone's camera. I'll think about it some more.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Was Marth's Nair (Fast Fall) always able to true combo into Dolphin Slash at %35 on Ness before?
If not, the notions of that move being lag reduced may be true?

I tried to land the combo on my unpatched 3ds version. I couldn't do it.

Last edited:

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Was Marth's Nair (Fast Fall) always able to true combo into Dolphin Slash at %35 on Ness before?
If not, the notions of that move being lag reduced may be true?
Hmm, never thought to try that. Being a sakurai angle and all it's kind of tough to follow up in general. But I'd be willing to bet my life it's something less than 15 frames landing now.

Edit: Real life comparison: If Roy's Nair landing lag is 14 frames why does Marth's feel less laggy than that? If not it's the same as Roy but less seems to be it.

Edit 2: Lmao helps that Dolphin Slash got a range increase ;)

Last edited:

Phrygisian

Smash Rookie
NNID
kelsilver9
3DS FC
4081-6733-0493
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet but Samus's fully charged shot no longer pushes her off the stage when she fires from the edge. She now stays in place.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Hmm, never thought to try that. Being a sakurai angle and all it's kind of tough to follow up in general. But I'd be willing to bet my life it's something less than 15 frames landing now.

Edit: Real life comparison: If Roy's Nair landing lag is 14 frames why does Marth's feel less laggy than that? If not it's the same as Roy but less seems to be it.
Yeah its hard to land. I land that combo once outta ten times but it means something that i can land it in the first place now.

And with Roy it may have to do with his very own fall speed being far quicker than marths? I think i heard something like that.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
Warning Received
any samus mains that can confirm if her fair got better knockback? it killed me (ryu) at 100% off stage on omega battlefield, seemed a bit too powerful

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Yeah its hard to land. I land that combo once outta ten times but it means something that i can land it in the first place now.

And with Roy it may have to do with his very own fall speed being far quicker than marths? I think i heard something like that.
Now Roy actually got really lucky with his Nair, it sends them at a 40-45 degree angle. So he can do literally anything off his Nair. Then there's the fact that his air speed is better than Marth's and that he rises faster in his jump. Nair chains across the stage using that fall speed and short hop? No problem.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
The engine / global change is why that's happening.

@ Lavani Lavani any chance you can side-by-side nair for landing lag and dolphin slash for range/hitboxes?
Nair looks like 12 frames of landing lag now.

I see no difference in upB range.

If needed I can provide the side-by-sides but I'm not sure if it'd really prove anything further.

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Nair looks like 12 frames of landing lag now.

I see no difference in upB range.

If needed I can provide the side-by-sides but I'm not sure if it'd really prove anything further.
Wow, 12 frames, I thought 13. Are you sure about the up B? I was certain about that one.

Damn, just from a few minutes in training I got FF Nair to Uair, Fair, and Nair.

Last edited:

Dogmaster

Smash Cadet
There is talk on the link subforum of downtilt spike being nerfed, as well as arrow damage and knockback being reduced. Can anyone verify this?

EDIT:
I tested (3ds old patch, Wiiu new patch) and arrow damage seems the same, charged 12%, uncharged 4%.) regarding knockback, tests of 3DS vs Wiiu are unconclusive but knockback looks similar.

For downtilt spike I used following method:

Level 1 cpu Link, training, set damage to a threshold, from starting position go to right ledge, backthrow enemy Link away from stage, then spike as he is recovering.

In 3ds link stops being able to recover when spiked at 80% (depends on timing but I stopped being able to kill at 79%), in Wiiu, link stops being able to recover when spiked at 86%.

Someone with a better method want to confirm this?

Last edited:

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
@ Lavani Lavani Can I ask one more thing? We need to figure out exactly what the IASA on Marth's Utilt was changed too. I'm guessing 38-39 frames. It was 42.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Okay, I had nothing better to do at 1AM apparently (what is sleep) so I whipped up a comparison gfy anyway. 1.0.0 on left, 1.0.8 on right.

I couldn't really make a clean side-by-side of Dolphin Slash, but it hits from this far away in both versions:

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Okay, I had nothing better to do at 1AM apparently (what is sleep) so I whipped up a comparison gfy anyway. 1.0.0 on left, 1.0.8 on right.

I couldn't really make a clean side-by-side of Dolphin Slash, but it hits from this far away in both versions:

Yaay~

Less landing lag Confirmation on Nair! (For Nair) ^-^ Thank you kind sir! haha

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
There is talk on the link subforum of downtilt spike being nerfed, as well as arrow damage and knockback being reduced. Can anyone verify this?
Link's strong down attack deals 11% damage instead of 12%. This would noticeably affect the knockback of that attack.

thunderboyac

Smash Rookie
NNID
thunderboyac
3DS FC
4141-3324-6225
What I've found for Link.

• Up Smash Pulls the opponent in, and always combo

• Up-B buffed, uncharged is 14%, originally 12%. Fully charged is 22%, originally 19%.

Last edited:

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
@ Lavani Lavani Thanks for everything. I always told myself I won't fall for placebo but it turns out I did. But yeah it's great to have numbers on the other stuff.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
What I've found for Link.

• Up Smash Pulls the opponent in, and always combo

• Down tilt has been reduced to 11%, originally 12%

• Up-B buffed, uncharged is 14%, originally 12%. Fully charged is 22%, originally 19%.

• Down throw reduced to 6%, originally 7%
Up B was buffed in the last patch. That's not new for 1.0.8, but you're right about the others.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
@ Lavani Lavani , well darn, I was wrong and it wasn't placebo. I guess n-air really has 1-2 frames of a difference in landing lag which is quite cool. Glad there isn't any other changes, though. Safe to say we have all of Marth's buffs confirmed?

KERO

Smash Journeyman
I apologize for the horrendous video quality, but aside from the slight damage buff and reduced endlag Greninja's Ftilt got, it was also given a sour spot/sweet spot. From what I can tell, the sweet spot has about the same knockback as the move originally had (except for perhaps a bit more due to the damage buff) while the sour spot is just a bit weaker. Both appear to do 7.3% (both do 7% for sure), so damage done is most likely unaffected. Sweet spot is on the foot/leg while the sour spot appears to be on the thigh.

Demonstration video with a 1.0.7 3DS vs the 1.0.8 Wii U. Once again, I apologize for such a low quality video. Percents used in the video were 183% on the 3DS and 139% on the Wii U.

Last edited:

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
@ Quickhero Quickhero To your post ^^^Lol, no here's another one. And more like 3 frames. That's a big deal.

@ Lavani Lavani One more thing whenever you get the chance.

You were able to input Marth's jab 2 on frame 20 in every Smash game. But now comparing the current patch to my 1.0.3 DS in zoomed camera slow motion it seems to now be frame 18. Please confirm/deny. Thanks.

Edit: At the same time, can you please make sure jab 1 and 2 is still IASA 26?

Last edited:

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
@ Quickhero Quickhero To your post ^^^Lol, no here's another one. And more like 3 frames. That's a big deal.

@ Lavani Lavani One more thing whenever you get the chance.

You were able to input Marth's jab 2 on frame 20 in every Smash game. But now comparing the current patch to my 1.0.3 DS in zoomed camera slow motion it seems to now be frame 18. Please confirm/deny. Thanks.
Another one what? I'm quite confused lol.

Yeah, I can see that doing jab 1 - f-smash on the New 3DS XL seems difficult to do without proccing jab 2 instead, but it's not something I've really done at 1.07 so this could very well be irrelevant.

Dogmaster

Smash Cadet
Link's strong down attack deals 11% damage instead of 12%. This would noticeably affect the knockback of that attack.
Copypaste from edit:
I tested (3ds old patch, Wiiu new patch) and arrow damage seems the same, charged 12%, uncharged 4%.) regarding knockback, tests of 3DS vs Wiiu are unconclusive but knockback looks similar.

For downtilt spike I used following method:

Level 1 cpu Link, training, set damage to a threshold, from starting position go to right ledge, backthrow enemy Link away from stage, then spike as he is recovering.

In 3ds link stops being able to recover when spiked at 80% (depends on timing but I stopped being able to kill at 79%), in Wiiu, link stops being able to recover when spiked at 86%.

Someone with a better method want to confirm this?

There is several % difference, I know my methods are not the best but cant think of a better way to test this right now.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I've been hearing Ike's jab was buffed? Not exactly scientific, but I just air dodged out of it between hits two and three as Pit at 60% in a for Glory match. Ike had 33%.

Vipermoon

Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Another one what? I'm quite confused lol.

Yeah, I can see that doing jab 1 - f-smash on the New 3DS XL seems difficult to do without proccing jab 2 instead, but it's not something I've really done at 1.07 so this could very well be irrelevant.
Another buff. I was answering your question, no we have not found them all because below was another.

Doing something like jab to Fsmash is the same in both versions. The IASA of jab 1 and 2 is (probably) still 26 so you still have to wait until then to Fsmash, otherwise you do a jab 2. What changed in this patch is that you can start jab 2 earlier than frame 20.

But obviously jab 1 to Fsmash is a real threat now thanks to the new knockback properties of jab 1

Last edited:

Tactical Bacon

Smash Rookie
Mewtwo side-special has reduced knockback. It no longer brings characters high enough to land on the lower platforms of battlefield or side platforms of Lylat.

Kurobon

Smash Rookie
Rosalina possible change:

I will try to confirm this later. I gotta go work now and training sucks for this so, but I was playing online and got grabbed and it seems that Luma can't act anymore when Rosalina is grabbed. Before, Luma could act after a couple of frames of being grabbed, if pummeling didn't reach it. Maybe opponent was throwing me too quickly, but this is worth checking out.

Yikarur

Smash Master

I will try to confirm this later. I gotta go work now and training sucks for this so, but I was playing online and got grabbed and it seems that Luma can't act anymore when Rosalina is grabbed. Before, Luma could act after a couple of frames of being grabbed, if pummeling didn't reach it. Maybe opponent was throwing me too quickly, but this is worth checking out.
unconfirmed.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692

Deconfirmed, Luma can still act when grabbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom