• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario's broken.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Becoming obligatory since his move to "Overused" category despite being rarer than a horseshoe on a porcupine.

His fsmash has obscenely long range.
His recovery is obscene.
He can combo way too well.
His aerials have too much priority.
His aerials are on fire.
His short hop lets him combo too easily.
His wall cling is b0rked.
His ES is the best recovery move evar.
Dair.
Usmash hits invisibly.
Uair has too much range.
Dsmash is too awesome looking.

Anything I missed?

Baby Aura Sphere is too friggen spammable.
Aura Sphere is too powerful for its speed.
AS Charge mindgames are 2 gud.
SPIKES ON HIS GOD**** HANDS.
BEST ROLL IN THE GAME WTF.
HE FRIGGEN REPLACED MEWTWO.

jalued

Smash Lord
hahahahaha...oh ur serious. ok, just to say, we don't need anothr tread topic about a character being broken, there are 3 characters whihc i do think are broken, and lucario definately isn't one.

heres my list of weaknesses that he has, need to balance out ur post, it can't be one sided after all

1)all of lucarios killing moves are very pradictable
2)all smashes take ages to use
3)down air is vey pradictable and easily sheild grabbed.
4)he can't REALLY combo well, just his aaa, but alot of charcarters have the same thing.
5)his recovery kinda sucks, if he's too far out, then theres no way he can get the opponent from hanging onto the edge, he's one of the easyest characters in the game to edgeguard.
6) he's medium weight, but expected to last as a heavy weight
7) he can't kill untill on a high %, but due to his weight, that can be a problem
8) as soon as lucario dies, he finds it hard to kill his opponent even if he/she is on a high %

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
hahahahaha...oh ur serious. ok, just to say, we don't need anothr tread topic about a character being broken, there are 3 characters whihc i do think are broken, and lucario definately isn't one.

heres my list of weaknesses that he has, need to balance out ur post, it can't be one sided after all

Not true, he has many killing moves with aura
To an extent. His fsmash has a decent start up lag but the range and disjointed/lingering hitbox makes it shine regardless
3)down air is very predictable and easily shield grabbed.
Ummm...no? It's range/double hits/stopping his momentum so he can simply do it again/shield spiking makes it very hard to shield grab and very easy to hit with
4)he can't REALLY combo well, just his aaa, but alot of charcarters have the same thing.
You have obviously never played a half decent lucario. He's probably the only character that can truly combo. Fair chains into many other aerials, his throws lead right into other moves, he can AA > either force palm, a grab or a fsmash if you can taunt out a spot dodge.
5)his recovery kinda sucks, if he's too far out, then theres no way he can get the opponent from hanging onto the edge, he's one of the easyest characters in the game to edgeguard.
Again, see above about ever playing a decent lucario. He is very floaty, therefore he doesn't usually appear in the bottom area of the stage. In addition, he can curve extreme speed (his upB) very very well to the point where the only time he won't be able to recovery using it is a small semi circle ring (see picture below)
He's on the top of medium weight if I remember correctly, either that or close. Regardless, he has very good horizontal survivability and is lacking vertical survivability because he is floaty.
7) he can't kill untill on a high %, but due to his weight, that can be a problem
Not true. He can gimp well and even at lower %s (50+) he can kill decently
8) as soon as lucario dies, he finds it hard to kill his opponent even if he/she is on a high %
somewhat true but he does get a strength boost from being behind in stock

10lucarios

Kitamerby

Smash Hero

If you suck at mindgames, maybe.

If you suck at timing them, maybe.
3)down air is vey pradictable and easily sheild grabbed.
If you suck at using it, maybe.
If you suck at comboing with him, maybe.
If you don't know anything about Lucario and just picked him through Random, maybe.
If your opponent sucks at killing, maybe.
If you suck at killing, maybe.
If you suck at figuring out aura boosts and KO %, maybe.

10lucarios
Lucario can recover from there. Lucario can recover from ANYWHERE. Did you not read where I clearly said "Wall cling is b0rked"?

OSHIZ. I FORGOT ABOUT AURA SPHERE.

Kirby Gotenks absorbed

Smash Apprentice
South Africa, Guateng, next to the street and in t
I have the best reason as to why Lucario is broken... his sprite is all messed up, he's supposed to have a purple tail, white skin, 3 fingers on each hand and pointy ears... oh yes, his name isn't supposed to be Lucario, it's supposed to be Mewtwo... =3

(Just kidding about all of the above btw ^^)

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Mewtwo needed a change and got breast implants.

And then became Lucario.

Gtfo
That was Marth.

Mewtwo became manly and grew fur, and got spikes implanted into his chest and paws. He then trained on glaciers until his fur turned blue and he shrunk two feet from arthritis.

And then became Lucario.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
^^haha yeah me too.

I agree with some of your pointers Kitamerby but I think some of the descriptions were a bit overexagerated. I don't personally believe that he's broken. A lot f what you said in the first post is true, but I think other negatives balence him out.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
^^haha yeah me too.

I agree with some of your pointers Kitamerby but I think some of the descriptions were a bit overexagerated. I don't personally believe that he's broken. A lot f what you said in the first post is true, but I think other negatives balence him out.
I never exaggerate and always state EXACTLY what I mean. Lucario is obscenely broken, and his status on the tournament listing just goes to prove it.

Calling a character broken does not mean that character is unfair.
That reminds me.

Lucario's usmash is broken. I have no idea where the hitbox is anymore.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Lucario is so broken. It's like I don't even have to try. One time I won a tournament by just mashing the controller with my shoe.

Kirby Gotenks absorbed

Smash Apprentice
South Africa, Guateng, next to the street and in t
I never exaggerate and always state EXACTLY what I mean.
That reminds me.

Lucario's usmash is broken. I have no idea where the hitbox is anymore.
I know, it's just that some people are suggesting that he's unfair (which he very well may be).

Lucario is so broken. It's like I don't even have to try. One time I won a tournament by just mashing the controller with my shoe.
LMAO

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
Of all the characters doing well at tournaments, I think that lucario is one of the least broken. Yes he can combo, but that takes lots of skill and timing to get more than a fair -> dair off. jab jab fp can be dodged/shielded and then punished. Dair can be shield grabbed fairly easily. While his aerials do have lots of priority and good hitboxes. they can be dodged by a good opponent.

Snake has MASSIVE hitboxes on his tilts that expand way beyond the animation. Also the fact that he can shield with a nade in hand and not get hit by it pisses the hell out of me. The nade is being held INSIDE the shield and doesn't hit snake.

MK is a kirby with a sword. He is quick, lots of priority, and range.

DDD does have the chain grab, but he really shouldn't be winning so much. Other than the chain, he has the long range going for him. I wouldn't be surprised to see less DDD's winning tournaments in the near future.

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Overused is just a tier name from Pokemon. --; Besides, Lucario is becoming rather common. =l

What else was I going to say? Oh yeah!

People, stop getting the reason for Mewtwo's departure wrong. He wiped the memories of the Melee characters and took the clones with him to an island. Get it right!

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
In Pokemon Tier Lists Lucario is OverUsed, which if it were SSBB is what the high tier would be(not top)

In SSBB, Lucario is in Mid(or High now) tier, which is also known as Borderline in Pokemon games.

I always thought Falco had the best roll, its very fast and it goes far, Lucario and MK have pretty good ones too.

-GourrY-

Smash Rookie
If Lucario was broken, we would see a lot of people ont he other boards complaining about not being able to defeat him, and he would be winning a lot of tournaments. Sooo... he's not broken. Metaknight and Snake are (at least for now).

Metaknight has instant attacks, that will always damage you if you try to fight back
Snake has psychic powers, and his tilts hits where his legs/knee/feet/hands doesn't even reach.

Timbers

check me out
People ***** about every character they can't beat. It's not Snake/MK exclusive. Wolf and Pit got a lot of crap when Brawl first came out because they were zomg broken characters, but now everyone's diverted their attention to mk and snake for the time being.

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
I can understand why people complained about pit early on. He has one of the most spammable projectiles in the game. and he can curve them so it makes dodging them that much more difficult.

Wolf was also spamable with his forward smash. I still know people that all the do is forward smash across the stage into an up smash.

grandmaster192

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5457-3748
I don't know about broken, but he does piss me off when I'm on Marth and not my usual metaknight. Lingering disjointed hitboxes really screw me up when I'm using marth. It's soooo hard to outspace lucario. Him and game and watch piss me off to no end. It's like, "where the fawk did my range go? How did that go through my attack?"

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
Lucario's strong, but I wouldn't consider him broken. MK is broken for the fact that his attacks are all near-instant to excecute. Snake is broken due to his insane hitboxes, absurd damage and great mindgame potential. Lucario's moves however don't stand out like that: they're great, but a good player might be able to avoid them, especially his ground moves.
The only broken thing in Lucario is his d-air, for the simple fact that it can give you total control of his air game and absurd damage, along the fact that you can use it right from a short hop (though I rarely do).
Still the remainder is awesome, especially his roll (perfect for my dodge & punish tactic <3) recover (HA! busted!!) and projectile.

I think Lucario is going to become like Sheik in Melee. Less used when compared to top-tiered characters, however still capable of winning tourneys. I really hope he becomes something like this.

Link he come to town...

Smash Apprentice
I was hoping he would be like what captain falcon was a few years before brawl came out, so overlooked but so good. I don't think this will happen though, he already seems more popular than back then.

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
When did Lucario start to become overused?

Why does this keep happening to the charcters I use? First Snake went from underused to overused now Lucario is. =[

I don't think Lucario's overused. At all. I don't think he's broken either. Maybe you guys should try playing some better opponents.

Lucario's going to turn out to be a character like...like Marth from Melee. He wasn't used by too many people in tournament, though more than others, and he had awesome range and great attacks, with the capability to win tournaments. Or maybe Lucario's going to be something totally unique, because he is unique. Aura ftw!

Nurotasama

Smash Journeyman
People need to stop hyping up Lucario to others: we don't want our character becoming overused, not by the chart but in the literal sense!

tangdynasty

Smash Rookie
I disagree about Lucario being broken. Granted, he obviously has lots of potential (and doesn't have very many glaring weaknesses), but a noob Lucario will never be able to beat someone's main. Seriously.

Timbers

check me out
Lucario's going to turn out to be a character like...like Marth from Melee. He wasn't used by too many people in tournament, though more than others, and he had awesome range and great attacks, with the capability to win tournaments. Or maybe Lucario's going to be something totally unique, because he is unique. Aura ftw!
I don't think Lucario is going to get the amount of rep that melee Marth did. That'd belong to MK/Snake/GaW/Falco I think. Moreso GaW/Falco, but MK and Snake can always get pushed out of top depending on the metagame.

DDD and ROB are more heavily played than Lucario as well.

Also this topic got so srsly srs.

Top Bottom