• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario-

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I'm sure you've heard of Brawl-.
It's an effort to make a hacked brawl where everyone is obscenely broken to the point that it's somewhat balanced, making a hilarious clash of the super titans which is ridiculously fun to watch and play.

Anyways, I need ideas on how to break Lucario and make him awesomer. I need ideas, guys. All I have so far are some weird ideas that will probably not all be used.

So yeah, gimme ideas for buffs. D:

Anyways, here are the changes proposed so far. Some may not be implemented if a better idea is suggested. <<
Hitboxes for all smashes uniform size (to the largest hitbox).
Possible range increase on Fsmash
SideB in the air is a grab that spikes (270 degree angle).
Up Special has vastly increased speed, startup, endlag, and does not put Lucario into fallspecial while launching him far distances, such as in early versions of Brawl+.
Cooldown on Aura Sphere shooting animation sped up 1.5x to allow chasing.
1st hit of Dair has set knockback to be harder to SDI.
Large grab box on or near ears during all grabs.
Slightly larger horizontal grab range.
Startup on tilts sped up 1.3x
Jab sped up for a hitbox on frame 3.
Double Team is sped up and is active for a longer period of time. Possible change to super armor instead of invincibility?
Dtilt trajectory changed to a higher angle with lower growth for combos.
Higher air speed.
Much faster dash.
Uair hitbox covers tail.
Rolls have IASA frames of some sort.
Nair hitbox covers entire body.
ForcePalm grab has grab box on body to grab people who were "too close."

Lucario will say "FEEL THE AURA" when connecting with Force Palm Grab.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Give him a spike on one of his moves. It doesn't matter which one, just do it. I want to see a spike with max Aura.

Browny

Smash Hater
Aerial force palm can grab the enemy, after which he rotates 90* so hes on top of them and the force palm grab hit is a spike and is unrecoverable from, KO's at 0% no matter what :)

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Make fsmash's hitbox come out on frame 5, have IASA on frame 10, increased power, and make it 3 massive collision hitboxes instead of 2.

oh and make it unstale-able.

make AS shoot at the rate of falco's lasers... at full blast.

if you dont like any of these, just make him start at max aura and go even higher as he takes more damage!!!

i sooooo love this idea..

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I think a 5 frame fsmash and a SHDFCAS is a bit TOO much. We're still trying to make an actual game, here.

Let's think from different angles, like making rolls have special sorts of IASA, to allow "glide tosses" without items, or having Usmash have huge windboxes to hurl nearby enemies into the attack, which now no longer weakens over time.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Ok ok fine.

Put IASA on all his tilts then...

or just beef his smashes.... with more speed.

Increase by a couple of frames the hitboxes of his attacks. increase the range too...

if FP grab in the air is activated, how about the animation will be lucario vaulting up and kicking his opponent downwards? that will look so cool.

or at the very least make ES a decent recovery move...

oh and how the heck can a game like brawl - be serious??

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
oh and how the heck can a game like brawl - be serious??
Watch the videos. The idea of putting Fsmash at 5 frames is still ********, but speeding it up a bit maybe and making it have IASA on hit so that you can spam it on shields is totally a different story. We don't want anything that would completely shut down the game like SHDFCAS would.

Basically, post ideas for abilities and move alterations that you've always wished Lucario had, and they'll probably be good.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
ohhhhhhh.

1. I always wanted ES to automatically footstool opponents when hit :D and have little start up lag to make it viable, like say ES'ing from the stage into an offstage opponent to gimp them while he leap from the footstool makes him come back safely.
2. The Usmash idea sounds cool. Enemies get pulled straight into the attack and spat out vertically.
3. Make nair have regular lag, not the ******** **** sakurai made him have.
4. Make ftilt like a ganon ftilt, a kick angled starightforward with standard burst. (oh and IASA :D)
5. Make the lag after firing an AS shorter.
6.Make his fastfall go faster.
7. Uair is sorta like CF upair. except his tail is extended with a good amount of aura trailing behind it,

uhh.... thats my wishlist for now..

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Make his grab hitbox as big as his pivotgrab's box.

Lucario's peak aura is higher.

Give his Dsmash suck in like properties.

Make his extreme-speed X2 longer and hurt people on contact.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Aurasphere should go through enemies. (still damaging them and giving knockback of course)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Give AS a chance that it's "unreflectable", like a misfire effect or something where the AS has a slight chance to be "Millnsphere" status. I dunno, I just wanna see a Millnsphere

Give jab like unDIable properties, and the same frame advantage of the regular jab hitboxes as the "closeboxes" on jab (Kita should know what I mean)

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Make the aura sphere charge have a MK's Tornado effect. So if you where to charge on them they get stuck in the sphere somewhat.
You could just reverse the direction it sends (the charge that is) to down and towards lucario.

For double team larger hitbox and speed. And possibly a copy (or ghost) of lucario coming from the other side when lucario DT's. So a Lucario's DT would have a copy lucario RDT'ing from the other side as well as your lucario coming in normally. Making it look like a Double Team from the series.
^
Or take this even further and have multiple copies of lucario DT'ing in the area when the move is triggered.
-t2

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
His down-b should be a falco like spike that is effected by aura. So it would be possible to get a 1 hit K.0 on people.

Also on his upthow make it more useful and anyway.

Zeratulfenix

Smash Rookie
holy **** I just watched a brawl- vid. Im totally getting it.

my suggestions:
-ES is faster and longer
-FP flame acts as a tether into FPG, even in air
-HEAVIER. Id imagine if everyone else is broken, then he wont live too long.
-jab combo should be quicker, the last hit should have less knockback
-dsmash explosions bigger :D
-bair goes farther horizontally
-replace Nair animation with that of up taunt, make it all around him. Maybe a damage-dealer like Zelda's nair?

's all I got for now. Im really liking ted's DT suggestion, as well as the Usmash windboxes.

also, you mind explaining how shielding works in brawl-?

Browny

Smash Hater
Make Dsmash come out as a shockwave, like imagine two aura spheres, embedded in the ground, shooting out from both sides across the stage like what kirbys final cutter does

Zeratulfenix

Smash Rookie
Make Dsmash come out as a shockwave, like imagine two aura spheres, embedded in the ground, shooting out from both sides across the stage like what kirbys final cutter does
I love that description, dude.

Good idea though, make dsmash slower (maybe warlock-punch-minus-slow) but hit on both sides for a huge range and ASPLODE the opponent! :p

HyperEnergy

Smash Journeyman
Make ASC send people downwards instead of upwards and give it more priority.
Force Palm attack (not grab) becomes a beam that shoots across the stage like Rob's B.
If you land on the ground while using uair, it causes a huge explosion of aura which would make it an actual Lucario bomb. ;p

Vionce

Smash Journeyman
double range of the first hitbox of bair.
auto L-cancel all aerials that don't already autocancel.
triple the range of dsmash, but it has to be tippered, everywhere else it doesn't do much (think DDD's fsmash)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
At least AC fair, that move would get so much better in SH/low zoning.

Make utilt have an awkward towards the other side, so you can reverse the utilt ala sheik ftilt locking.

Top Bottom