• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lucario Social: Aura Dog Days of Summer

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
And it goes and on and on...

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
The war against the citadel is over. We have won. The skypes are all free now. Rip the lucarios who turned against the citadel

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I may not be the most worldly experienced person but Im aware enough to know its naive to hope for complete peace, even more so on the internet.

AuraChainSmasher

Smash Rookie
No, if we did that a bomb would land in the center killing us all, stupid predictive text

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I may not be the most worldly experienced person but Im aware enough to know its naive to hope for complete peace, even more so on the internet.
I'm an ideologist and an optimist.

I push forward with it when I can and keep trying.

Though even I waver when I end up on that brick wall or the unwavering person.

Even if it is impossible, I would still keep trying.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I'm an ideologist and an optimist.

I push forward with it when I can and keep trying.

Though even I waver when I end up on that brick wall or the unwavering person.

Even if it is impossible, I would still keep trying.
Its an extremely deep rabbit hole so I wont go into details, but just remember there is risk with that mindset when its focused on peace. Not that its a bad mindset it just sometimes things are best left to relax.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Its an extremely deep rabbit hole so I wont go into details, but just remember there is risk with that mindset when its focused on peace. Not that its a bad mindset it just sometimes things are best left to relax.
It is a hard one, and a deep rabbit hole.

But...if relax is the answer, I would be ok with that if that worked.

I am for peace, but if it is an answer for it, I would also let it happen if that was a potential solution.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Has anyone played with Lucario's Air Walk in Smash 4? It is rising DAir out of any sort of stun. Perhaps most applicable when someone whacks your shield and you do a rising DAir out of it.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
I swear I was playing "Find The Casual" yesterday... Lucario, Sheik, ZSS, and Kirby. Find the casual :p

Neiroa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Neiroa
Hey guys !
I just discovered (accidentally) something really cool while training aurasphere shield droping.
Again, if you already know it, don't hesitate to tell me if this is the case. (I didn't saw it anywhere)

Did you now you can "down smash" or "down B" out of aurasphere charge?
It's possible if you're on a platform, thanks to a perfect input timing combined with AS shield drop.

If think this might be interesting because if you are on a platform, charging an aurasphere, and if someone will do an unsafe Uair to you, at this moment if you down B out of AS charge, the counterattack punish can be a kill option.

The inputs are pretty hard to do, especialy for the down smash, but here they are:

- For the down B: Down > B > Shield
- For the down smash: Down > Shield > A (this one is frame perfect)
Note that, the input time between "down" and "shield" must be approximately the same like in the classic AS shield drop (that's why it's not easy)

I've made a video to show it and if I have badly explained:

https://youtu.be/MgIHOfzQnS0
Crappy quality, yea sorry...

What do you think about it, is this something interesting or rather forget it?

Last edited:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Hey guys !
I just discovered (accidentally) something really cool while training aurasphere shield droping.
Again, if you already know it, don't hesitate to tell me if this is the case. (I didn't saw it anywhere)

It's possible if you're on a platform, thanks to a perfect input timing combined with AS shield drop.

If think this might be interesting because if you are on a platform, charging an aurasphere, and if someone will do an unsafe Uair to you, at this moment if you down B out of AS charge, the counterattack punish can be a kill option.

The inputs are pretty hard to do, especialy for the down smash, but here they are:

Note that, the input time between "down" and "shield" must be approximately the same like in the classis AS shield drop (that's why it's not easy)

This is amazing! Good find, dude.

Wonder if you can FSmash...

Last edited:

Neiroa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Neiroa
This is amazing! Good find, dude.

Wonder if you can FSmash...
Thanks !

FSmash, I don't really know.
Since the DSmash is frame perfect while having analog stick already "inputted to down", the FSmash seems impossible.
But I don't tried with C-stick though (because I use it for tilts), maybe it can works, but I think it's almost impossible if you're not a robot.

Last edited:

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I uncovered the mystery behind the down-B technique. It looks like it some buffering mechanics going on when you press Down while you still have a ASC active and then you press shield. The result is that you will get an instant shield drop off the platform. Down-B always stays on the platform above a certain point that is the reason why it looks like we can cancel ASC into it. But if you master the timing we are able to do pretty much any aerial or special move in the air. just replacing down-b for the following:

ASC> down > shield > [insert your move here]

This mean our mobility has greatly increased as we can now do things like

ASC > down > shield > ASC > jump(OoS) > B-Reverese

And if you land on another platform after that you can just keep going.

Great find. Not sure why the dsmash thing works though.

Confirmed characters:
Lucario Nuetral-B
Mewtwo Neutral-B
Diddy Neutral-B(only during beginning frame)
Sonic Side-B( The timing it different and the windows is even tighter)

Last edited:

Neiroa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Neiroa
But if you master the timing we are able to do pretty much any aerial or special move in the air. just replacing down-b for the following:

ASC> down > shield > [insert your move here]

This mean our mobility has greatly increased as we can now do things like

ASC > down > shield > ASC > jump(OoS) > B-Reverese
Yeah that's the classic aurasphere shield drop
We discussed about it here (page 28) : http://smashboards.com/threads/lucario-social-bark-bark-aura-read-first-page.391614/page-28
and the video showing it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sbVuKksFUQ

Nubcario

Smash Rookie
this stuff's been known for months
like if you payed attention to when this discovery was made a long time ago you would've known by now

Last edited:

Mintcario

uwu
NNID
Mintcario
Hey guys !

Note that, the input time between "down" and "shield" must be approximately the same like in the classic AS shield drop (that's why it's not easy)

The d-smash out of ASC on a platform was actually discovered a couple of months ago, we had discussed it along with the guy who had made the original ASC shield drop technique video. He explained that you can also d-smash on a platform out of an aura sphere charge. : ]

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I mean, it's still nice to tell people who don't know.

I mean cool if people discovered it earlier but no need to jump on people throats about it.

Neiroa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Neiroa
No problem. As I said, tell me if this was already known. Thanks :)

The d-smash out of ASC on a platform was actually discovered a couple of months ago, we had discussed it along with the guy who had made the original ASC shield drop technique video. He explained that you can also d-smash on a platform out of an aura sphere charge. : ]
You said the DSmash was known, is it also the same for the down B?

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
So does anyone want to play a match or two? I'll post my friend code soon, but tell me if you want to. It's been forever since I've had good people to fight.

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
Can someone help me find a vids vs mario? My internet's no bueno for online and i can only play people offline about once every 1-2 weeks and frankly, im tired of getting my ass kicked

Yessirrey, Mr Lucy

Last edited:

Eeveecario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eeveecario
No problem. As I said, tell me if this was already known. Thanks :)

Yeah, Kinda. I believe Armen and I were testing that when we found it

ASC > Shield Platform Drop Cancel > Dsmash actually works and true combo, but the need to make it frame perfect (or hard to input) kinda discouraged us to continue looking for it. ASC > DT can actually come fast and take foes by surprise, tho. It's awesome to be able to counter quickly after ASC (Too bad we can only do it on a platform, tho).

BTW, Robin and WFT are able to do the shield platform drop too. Basically all figthers who are able to "charge" an special on air and cancel it with a shield are able to, with the exception of DK and Sheik (just to name some), since they automatically go to a neutral stance when they cancel it with a shield (Or they can do it? Never tested it really hard, honestly).

Last edited:

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
Yeah, Kinda. I believe Armen and I were testing that when we found it

ASC > Shield Platform Drop Cancel > Dsmash actually works and true combo, but the need to make it frame perfect (or hard to input) kinda discouraged us to continue looking for it. ASC > DT can actually come fast and take foes by surprise, tho. It's awesome to be able to counter quickly after ASC (Too bad we can only do it on a platform, tho).

BTW, Robin and WFT are able to do the shield platform drop too. Basically all figthers who are able to "charge" an special on air and cancel it with a shield are able to, with the exception of DK and Sheik (just to name some), since they automatically go to a neutral stance when they cancel it with a shield (Or they can do it? Never tested it really hard, honestly).
It doesnt have to be in the air. Samus can only charge on the ground, yet she can do it.

Add her, mario and rob to the list of who can do this also.

Honestly, the one who benefits from this the most is lucario because it can b-reverse and charging has a hitbox. Think of DACUS in brawl. Lucario can do it, but was it REALLY as useful to lucario as, say, snake?

Last edited:

Eeveecario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eeveecario
It doesnt have to be in the air. Samus can only charge on the ground, yet she can do it.

Add her, mario and rob to the list of who can do this also.

Honestly, the one who benefits from this the most is lucario because it can b-reverse and charging has a hitbox. Think of DACUS in brawl. Lucario can do it, but was it REALLY as useful to lucario as, say, snake?
Lol why did I say "Only ppl who charge in the air"? Well... they get the most of it, but yeah, that was my bad

FloofKnight

Smash Rookie
Yo everyone. I main lucario n' im lookin fo' tha top playas n' vizzlez ta git mo' betta n' ****. I may also wanna join a skype crew n' peep if mah playas can train muh! Sick ta hook up all of you, biatch.

Last edited:
Top Bottom