• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lucario Social: Aura Dog Days of Summer

JohnnstR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JohnnstR
Yo everyone. I main lucario n' im lookin fo' tha top playas n' vizzlez ta git mo' betta n' ****. I may also wanna join a skype crew n' peep if mah playas can train me biaaatch! Sick ta hook up all of you, biatch.
join the bark bark aura skype group, they will treat you well!

FloofKnight

Smash Rookie
Yo, I joined dis lucario skype crew n' why be all of these playas big-ass furries? At least they sick ta me n' I even gots some game up in wit tha pros. Can't wait ta become betta wit tha help of mah fellow brothers. In fact i'm startin ta like lucario up in tha way they do mah dirty ass, I never knew dis dawg could look so phat n' still look thug!

Mightyno.M

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mickeyx
3DS FC
4141-2356-8625
To answer an old question on what Lucario eats I would be reluctant to say dog food but what I do know is that whenever I take him out to eat he always orders the combos

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
So to get out of ASC charge without destroying your shield... You have to Shield DI. Which is something I've been talking about since forever...

Eeveecario

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Eeveecario
I see you're sitting on the ledge trying to shield-grab me and back throw me...
Too bad I can just ASC on your face and guarantee a shield break or a JCU now ( ¬w¬)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Shield DI is super brain dead now that the game holds your shield up for you.

DomBadZZZ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DomBadZZZ
Sooooo should we start making a list of moves that are safe on shield now? With aura there could even be hit confirms on shield to side B perhaps....

Last edited:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Lucario gained no hit stun follow ups, the only thing that changed was ASC as seen in videos.

Last edited:

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Sheik is moving towards Brawlknight with this change. They can play much lazier now and do just as good as before.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
She isn't quite at that level.

Well at least I don't think she will hit that, she doesn't have the transcendent sword, godlike recovery, low % bull**** kills, making rules just to keep her legal etc.

Frame data and combo wise, she is similar, but she doesn't have all the bull**** MK had.

Rysir

NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
She lacks the kill power but shes getting less and less punishable. She now no longer has to care at all about shields.

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone figured out what the setbit increase on some of Lucario's moves does? Couldn't find this change on any of the other characters.

Old
-?SetBit(0x20000078)
New
+?SetBit(0x2000007a)

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm not getting notifications when a new post is made in this thread, what's up with that?
If you clicked the notification previous it won't show new ones, unless you just straight up aren't even when you are watching this?

Wanna test?

Croi

Smash Lord
It just straight up wouldn't show new notifications. I got one since you quoted me just now, but I've missed the last page and a half.

I'll unwatch then re-watch this thread, see if that helps.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Anyone know the shield stun formula now? I have a couple ideas to test...

Heck I've got a lot of things to test now. Air Walk may be a more viable punish?

I wonder how many frames of silliness we have if we max Aura FSmash someone's shield.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Anyone know the shield stun formula now? I have a couple ideas to test...

Heck I've got a lot of things to test now. Air Walk may be a more viable punish?

I wonder how many frames of silliness we have if we max Aura FSmash someone's shield.

(x/1.75) + 2

idk how shield lock interacts with this entirely though so don't ask me about that, just that this is the formula and Smash 4 has more shield stun and every other smash title but smash 64.

Last edited:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Here's a calculator I found on reddit, it just gives raw advantage though so you have to take into account the 7 shield drop frames

https://trinket.io/python/35c2ec074b?toggleCode=true
Doesn't seem to be too noble friendly, but at least I got the formula. (Dmg/1.8)+3 shield stun frames. So a max charge max Aura FSmash will do 38 damage... So that is 24 frames of hitstun lol. You can almost do anything if they aren't pushed too far away.

An Aura Sphere dealing 18 percent will give you 13 frames of shieldstun and a 27 percent Aura Sphere should do 18 frames of shield stun, which is kinda disgusting when you think about it lol.

I wonder if the formula applies the 3 additional frames on multi hits... If so charged USmash will have a disgusting amount of shield stun and may let us get a FP at higher percents.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Doesn't seem to be too noble friendly, but at least I got the formula. (Dmg/1.8)+3 shield stun frames. So a max charge max Aura FSmash will do 38 damage... So that is 24 frames of hitstun lol. You can almost do anything if they aren't pushed too far away.

An Aura Sphere dealing 18 percent will give you 13 frames of shieldstun and a 27 percent Aura Sphere should do 18 frames of shield stun, which is kinda disgusting when you think about it lol.

I wonder if the formula applies the 3 additional frames on multi hits... If so charged USmash will have a disgusting amount of shield stun and may let us get a FP at higher percents.
That formula is false, Shaya checked it.

It is what I listed above.

Top Bottom