• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lucario Social: Aura Dog Days of Summer

Moondowner

Smash Cadet
NNID
Moondowner
3DS FC
0748-4199-9030
Hey all.

I introduced myself a while back, but kind of lost touch with the social of our main. So I'm Moondowner, one of the very few Lucario mains in NorCal (only other notable dedicated Lucario is Apologyman). So I've hit a wall, and I'm hoping someone to help me improve. After a small break in playing, and diving in head long into tournaments, I've improved a bit but I'm having some major issues.

Some issues that I have been told about:
-ES to stage rather than edge, usually at a high position.
-Lack of Shielding/proper shielding.
-Neutral game.
-My stupid desire to use DT often.
-My air game/off stage game lacks a lot too.
-Calming down during matches.

Things I think I also need to improve on:
-Planning/setting things up.
-Recognizing Lucario's strengths/my opponent's weaknesses.
-ASC approaching/general ASC tech.

I don't know, I want to get better, and I'm willing to work with someone who's willing to take time with me.
Thanks all. It's a pleasure to meet you all again. :)

Moondowner.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Hey all.

I introduced myself a while back, but kind of lost touch with the social of our main. So I'm Moondowner, one of the very few Lucario mains in NorCal (only other notable dedicated Lucario is Apologyman). So I've hit a wall, and I'm hoping someone to help me improve. After a small break in playing, and diving in head long into tournaments, I've improved a bit but I'm having some major issues.

Some issues that I have been told about:
-ES to stage rather than edge, usually at a high position.
-Lack of Shielding/proper shielding.
-Neutral game.
-My stupid desire to use DT often.
-My air game/off stage game lacks a lot too.
-Calming down during matches.

Things I think I also need to improve on:
-Planning/setting things up.
-Recognizing Lucario's strengths/my opponent's weaknesses.
-ASC approaching/general ASC tech.

I don't know, I want to get better, and I'm willing to work with someone who's willing to take time with me.
Thanks all. It's a pleasure to meet you all again. :)

Moondowner.
Welcome back. Do you use BReversals a lot? If ya need any sort of help and you're okay with WiFi please feel free to add MythTrainerInfinity on Skype and we can spar sometime.

Moondowner

Smash Cadet
NNID
Moondowner
3DS FC
0748-4199-9030
Welcome back. Do you use BReversals a lot? If ya need any sort of help and you're okay with WiFi please feel free to add MythTrainerInfinity on Skype and we can spar sometime.
I'm trying to use it more, but I have a rough time with nailing down the tech for it in actual matches. Especially doing it in one jump, I can usually pull it off after using my second jump.

I'll add you on Skype and on NNID. Just a warning, I'm not great however, I've held my own fairly well against some decent NorCal players (ie Soulimar, and Teb). I'm just not great at execution.

Croi

Smash Lord
I think I'm going to drop Lucario. It seems like everyone's been able to master his tricks and movement at a much faster pace than I can manage, and I feel like I've been left behind in his metagame. It's a ***** to get anyone to wifi me in the Skype group so I can't exactly learn if I'm not being taught. I still like how he moves and everything, and he's due for some kind of change with these patches, but I've been putting more effort into Duck Hunt and Captain Falcon lately, so maybe it's time to stop kidding myself.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
I think I'm going to drop Lucario. It seems like everyone's been able to master his tricks and movement at a much faster pace than I can manage, and I feel like I've been left behind in his metagame. It's a ***** to get anyone to wifi me in the Skype group so I can't exactly learn if I'm not being taught. I still like how he moves and everything, and he's due for some kind of change with these patches, but I've been putting more effort into Duck Hunt and Captain Falcon lately, so maybe it's time to stop kidding myself.
You're Canada's best Lucario. We're not gonna let ya quit on us. We'll try to always have some people ready for matches in the Bark Bark, Aura Skype group.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Your Lucario's good, hush~

I'd offer to help, but you know how bad my wifi is first hand. :/
Just go into training mode and REALLY dig into those lucario tricks and set ups! **** around for a few hours and just do ****, and you'll get the hang of his techs and movement. Atleast that's what I do, living so far away from everyone. :T

Howweeever

If you have more faith in your Duck and Cap and don't wanna put effort into a character you think isn't gonna help you in tourney, I understand as well. Regardless, I hope the lucario boards are still your home. You're too beautiful to leave Croi. You're our boi. :>

Last edited:

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
I'm trying to use it more, but I have a rough time with nailing down the tech for it in actual matches. Especially doing it in one jump, I can usually pull it off after using my second jump.

I'll add you on Skype and on NNID. Just a warning, I'm not great however, I've held my own fairly well against some decent NorCal players (ie Soulimar, and Teb). I'm just not great at execution.
If execution is your problem, follow the SUPER AMAZING pro tips BELOW vv

Just go into training mode and REALLY dig into those lucario tricks and set ups! **** around for a few hours and just do ****, and you'll get the hang of his techs and movement. Atleast that's what I do, living so far away from everyone. :T

_Nives_

Smash Cadet
Haha hang on man the motto with this character is to never give up , it's maybe frustrating sometime but this character is an awesome double edge sword.
I am not into the current meta of lucario myself way to defensive and reliant on ASC. But the new aura mechanic and gameplay his still fresh i belive we can still dig some cool stuff out of it. keep hope

Nysyr

Smash Journeyman
I think the demoralization comes down to our buttons feeling useless at times vs characters that are super quick like Sheik and ZSS.

Change may come, be it to Lucario, or to the aforementioned characters. They really ****ed up with balancing options; where's the lingering hitboxes in trade of garbage frame data while Sheik sits there with a F3 nair that seems to last for the entire time the move is out.

Croi

Smash Lord
I think the demoralization comes down to our buttons feeling useless at times vs characters that are super quick like Sheik and ZSS.
If you're referring to me, I just said that the Lucario meta's been getting away from me, not that I've been having trouble against certain MUs.

Although now I'm having a mother ****** of a time against Robin now that he's been buffed to hell and back.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Robin's dumb as **** when they know how to grab there items n ****, but still not too bad. I feel like he just gets rolled pretty hard once you get a hold of him. Spacing games still annoying though.

I honestly don't dislike any match up as Lucario??? Like, there's ones that suck a little more then usual like Rosa, Villager and Shiek but honestly none that i'm like "****, I can't do this."

but I dunno.
I need to travel to different states now and find the super good players of those characters.

Me and Steam recently tied for first on our Power Rank in Colorado. :> Colorado is now officially 100% under control of the Lucario overlords. <3

Moondowner

Smash Cadet
NNID
Moondowner
3DS FC
0748-4199-9030
If only I could get the pure one on one coaching from yourself, Steam, Kami, or Eevee for a good amount of time. I can't really get with Apologyman, as he's often focusing on MvC3U and attends Smash 4 tournaments on a whim.

So the only good news that came out of me out of my few tournaments lately have been the fact that I took a stock off of one of the NorCal PR players, Soulimar (#14). That's about it.

Croi

Smash Lord
If only I could get the pure one on one coaching from yourself, Steam, Kami, or Eevee for a good amount of time. I can't really get with Apologyman, as he's often focusing on MvC3U and attends Smash 4 tournaments on a whim.
I might be free tomorrow if you want to give it a shot?

Moondowner

Smash Cadet
NNID
Moondowner
3DS FC
0748-4199-9030
I'll be free after work tomorrow. However, you'll have to excuse my scrublord level Lucario. As stated, I'm not great. I make a lot of mistakes, which I'm attempting to fix myself. I would join the Skype group, but I do better with one on one tutoring.

Edit: Also, this is my latest footage on the tournament I went to on Friday. Yes, I know it's a long video, but my matches start at the following

Match 1 (vs. Jozz): 22:30
Match 2 (vs. Soulimar): 38:55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5w09TCpOqI

Last edited:

Marse14456

Smash Rookie
hi!...i lurk. but uhm kinda wanna get better with lucario i have a group of friends that i play smash with but a lot of them are busy lately so ive decided to come out of lurking and talk to my fellow lucario mains and get better with him and stuff.

JohnnstR

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JohnnstR
I'll be free after work tomorrow. However, you'll have to excuse my scrublord level Lucario. As stated, I'm not great. I make a lot of mistakes, which I'm attempting to fix myself. I would join the Skype group, but I do better with one on one tutoring.

Edit: Also, this is my latest footage on the tournament I went to on Friday. Yes, I know it's a long video, but my matches start at the following

so dude i watched a bit and you seem to ES onstage a lot, you should mix it up and ES on stage less, ESing to ledge is a better option at times. Also, when you do ES onstage, you never really use the trick that reduces your endlag, when you are parallel to the stage, you gotta press down, and hold down as you are speeding across the stage.
You need to work on your neutral, it cant just be smash attacks, need some B reverse ASCs and shorthop fastfall Nairs. you do shorthop fair sometimes, which works as well. you should work on b reverses though, and nair is one of lucarios best tools in the neutral along with ASC. DT is normally not a good option unless you are SURE something is gonna hit you (like a projectile).
Work on getting grabs as well, and combos. you seemed to be relying on smash attacks and AS for damage. AS does help alot with damage, but grabs are a big part of lucario neutral as well. He has many combos into grab and out of ASC to do damage in the neutral, you should work on those.

Check out these - https://www.reddit.com/r/LucarioMains/comments/3gh9wc/lucario_actual_combos_thread/

Vivi_Ornitier

Smash Rookie
NNID
HardcoreKnight
3DS FC
3153-4545-7585

alright, if you want the brutal truth, your lucario is very mediocre. too many preemptive ES to the stage almost looking like you were afraid to even touch the ledge, you were rolling wayyyy too much in situations that like you could of capitalized with a grab or something. speaking of grabs, you were doing NONE of them. not even fthrow or bthrow as some sort of mixup to edge guard the yoshi. you were using AS as a projectile rather than using it for aura sphere cancel set ups(which isn't bad by any means). i recommend you try to learn/ practice b-reversing and waveboncing because that's literally one of lucario's best tools for getting percentage and kills. one last thing, you really struggled to approach w/ lucario in the neutral against the yoshi. you weren't using SH dair nor SH FF nair to even get close to yoshi. it seemed like you were just afraid of either dying really early to yoshi or sding by hitting your head on the stage. and one more thing, use utlit and bair!!!!!

rant over. i'm pretty sure i'm missing a couple of things. hope this helps.

Last edited:

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
To anyone who wants to join the Aura Dog Skype chat feel free to add my Skype: MythTrainerInfinity.

We are safe for work and are just trying to get off the ground. We will have some meta discussions. We will probably have silly discussions as well, so feel free to join us today.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Reminder to contact me (THE BEST LUCARIO IN THIS GALAXY) for the real skype group

Marse14456

Smash Rookie
Reminder to contact me (THE BEST LUCARIO IN THIS GALAXY) for the real skype group
omg kamicario i met you at ceo a couple of months ago good stuff man (def. the best lucario ((kappa) ) . And "real" skype group?

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
omg kamicario i met you at ceo a couple of months ago good stuff man (def. the best lucario ((kappa) ) . And "real" skype group?
NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN! Yes the real skype group consists of pros and cool people while the other is full of people who have been rejected due to misbehavior and ill manners

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'm gonna more so endorse Myth's skype group and recommend people join that one as long as once and a while Kami's skype group posts NSFW images and I can't endorse that as SWF staff.

Last edited:

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
I'd endorse the other chat too if I was painfully rejected out of the other..

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'd endorse the other chat too if I was painfully rejected out of the other..
Frankly not really high priority on my list of things to join so oh well, I'll be ok with the other chat for now.

Regardless, I can't endorse it with or without you implying I am alternative reasons or not. Posting nsfw images = instant no to any links/supporting to it.

:0 im p new with skype how do i join the groups?
When you are on skype, you need someone to invite you to the group. Someone will ask for your contacts on skype and from there someone will invite you.

Marse14456

Smash Rookie
oh so kinda like kik, i guess, thanks redryu. And yeah same kinda wanna play with other lucarios to see how well im doing since we only have monthly tournies over here :(, my skype is the same as here (Marse14456)

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Just be like ME and be in all of them, but never talk ever. :333

Realistically I think i'm in both right? I'm looking at my skype, and there's legit like, 5 lucario chats and I have no clue which is which. :TTT Not even kidding. 5 of 'em.

But seriously...

Thnx bby I try~

and succeed~

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Just be like ME and be in all of them, but never talk ever. :333

Realistically I think i'm in both right? I'm looking at my skype, and there's legit like, 5 lucario chats and I have no clue which is which. :TTT Not even kidding. 5 of 'em.
There should be just 2 active ones right now, the rest got ditched.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
People are welcome to join whatever group they desire and we will welcome you with open arms/paws/whatever.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Every time I join a Skype Group I post maybe once and then never look at it again. :v

Top Bottom