• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lucario Social: Aura Dog Days of Summer

Pentao

Smash Apprentice
Besides Lucario, what is everyone's favourite Pokemon?

Mine is Arbok.

Cobalion (who I actually like more than Lucario), definitely. I also like Mega Manectric and Mega Ampharos.

Last edited:

DomBadZZZ

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DomBadZZZ
Tauros he was super strong and fast back in the day and i loved how Ash had like a herd of them and even used one to fight a dragonite

Gune

Smash Lord
Metagross, Scizor, Mew, Salamence, Dunsparce, Excalvalier, Shedninja, Cloyster, Kabutops, Hitmonchan, Flygon, Glalie, Riolu, Forretress.

Those are the ones i can name off the top of my head that I really like besides the jackal saiyan himself.

Last edited:

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Hey, guy's, I just downloaded the patch. It appears as though Extreme Speed lag is back to how it was on the 3DS. People have been saying Up-Smash is stronger as well

Steam

Smash Hero
our extreme speed landing animation is slower when we cancel it. hard landing is the same as it used to be

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
our extreme speed landing animation is slower when we cancel it. hard landing is the same as it used to be
I know you can cancel it by sliding at an able into the stage. But I could have sworn the freefall endlag is noticeably shorter. I dunno, maybe that's just me...

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Aaaand unshockingly we're unchanged as far as I can tell.
Although i'm gonna laugh if that "u-smash is stronger" thing is true.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
No major changes to Lucario?

How expected.

MandL27

Smash Cadet
Hey, guy's, I just downloaded the patch. It appears as though Extreme Speed lag is back to how it was on the 3DS. People have been saying Up-Smash is stronger as well
The patch is out now? I still have yet to get either that or the download code.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
something feels different about upb but i dont think its the cancelled version
could be placebo'ing

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
Super excited to check out Lucario's puny little changes when I get home! Shoulda brought my 3DS to the studio with me.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Other than supposed removal of RCO (seems to be true), no other changes, unless the 3DS version didn't align with the changes.

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
For Lucario, if he landed his Extreme Speed with little lag (the perfect land) then the next time he would land on stage or a platform he would receive lag on landing.
...I don't think I've ever noticed this occurring. Huh.

Neiroa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Neiroa
I see no difference to lucario on the 3ds version for the moment. The damage and knockback seem unchanged.

If there is no difference between the two patchs, I'm happy of that. :)
Because I think he doesn't needed them (especially nerfs ^^)

Enemis

Smash Cadet
NNID
ToaEnemis
3DS FC
4596-9466-3207
In other news, I've been having a grand old time getting practice against the mew two match up lol. They're flooding all over For Glory mode. So far I feel fine about the match up. Just gotta avoid being grabbed at higher percents. Mew Two's up throw has serious kill potential.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Mewtwo is fun, but the holes and problems are real.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That is his "balance". Super strong and hits hard, but light and floaty.

Enemis

Smash Cadet
NNID
ToaEnemis
3DS FC
4596-9466-3207
It was surprising how quickly people on for glory went back to their regular characters. lol
No one likes floaters I suppose...although, I kinda miss floaty lucario tbh. I guess its good that he's not floaty anymore though. keep him from feeling anything like Mew two

Last edited:

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
That is his "balance". Super strong and hits hard, but light and floaty.
I get that whole aspect. But does he have to be THIS light? As in, lighter than Mr. Game and Watch, a freaking 2-D figure?!

Maybe in the same weight category as Rosalina, that's understandable. But lighter than G&W is just ridiculous and makes no darn sense...

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Okay.
So like...
Why do half the people I play act like a bag of saltine crackers when I play them?

I'm legit concerned, because every tourney I go to I get 1 to 2 guys that want to kill themselves after playing me. LMAO.
Is this just a lucario thing? I mean i'm known for having REALLY slippery movement, but so do most good lucarios.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
People are saltier in this time of age.
Unless you're like killing them sub 40% then that's most likely the reason but mostly their fault for allowing lucario to hit 140+%, if not that then first thing above.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
Okay.
So like...
Why do half the people I play act like a bag of saltine crackers when I play them?

I'm legit concerned, because every tourney I go to I get 1 to 2 guys that want to kill themselves after playing me. LMAO.
Is this just a lucario thing? I mean i'm known for having REALLY slippery movement, but so do most good lucarios.
It's a lucario thing, I'm the reason our one t.o. almost quit smash 4.

Grizzlpaw

Rawr~ ♪
3DS FC
1289-9519-4206
Lucario is hard. :ohwell:

Okay.
So like...

You should've seen ZeRo's post .-.
Pretty sure Luca just brings out people's inner RAWR~!

... if you know what i mean

:006:

Last edited:

Enemis

Smash Cadet
NNID
ToaEnemis
3DS FC
4596-9466-3207
I was playing against this really good Sonic last night, and I don't know what I'd do without ASC -> JCUS...It's literally one of my most useful kill set ups now. Every time I'd charge facing away from him, he'd hesitate to just run in carelessly.

It's funny though, after seeing how nerfed carios arials became, I never thought I'd be jumping around so much anymore, but b reversals and wave bouncing have single handedly changed that XD

Typhlosion09

Smash Cadet
NNID
Typhlosion09
3DS FC
0473-9119-9001
Okay.
So like...

Oh man I got 4 sets of Mewtwo codes because I've had 3 people just quit competitive smash when I beat them in a tourney. I really do hope it wasn't just me.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
Okay.
So like...

My roommate was saltier than a jar of pickles for ages about my Lucario. Much to my chagrin, to he would spray his brine on whichever smasher would listen to him spout. It wasn't until quite recently that he finally relented and got over himself, and figured out how not to do the wrong things vs. Lucario.

Other than that, the other smashers I've played against have been awfully good sports about my Lucario considering the stories I've heard and read here on the internet. They've told me my Lucario was a scary challenge to face off against, but a challenge they seemed to enjoy, rather than fear or despise.

Top Bottom