• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lucario Social: Aura Dog Days of Summer

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
What a strange place to be...

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841

Empire~

s a d b o y s
In case anyone was still wondering about that ledge mechanic involving Lucina, it's a technique in development atm with no name yet (waveland?). What is happening is this: you drop down > jump forward > press down. The timing is EXTREMELY strict and quite likely to vary between characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmslcwO5y5k

Though I can do it with Marth and Palutena, I've had no luck with Lucario so far.

Once perfected, it is fairly likely to be one of the best ledge options as there is no lag whatsoever on landing, allowing you to go into whatever you want.

Credit to @Zan- and Mr Pink for knowledge and time spent on it so far

Last edited:

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
In case anyone was still wondering about that ledge mechanic involving Lucina, it's a technique in development atm with no name yet (waveland?). What is happening is this: you drop down > jump forward > press down. The timing is EXTREMELY strict and quite likely to vary between characters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmslcwO5y5k

Though I can do it with Marth and Palutena, I've had no luck with Lucario so far.

Once perfected, it is fairly likely to be one of the best ledge options as there is no lag whatsoever on landing, allowing you to go into whatever you want.

Credit to @Zan- and Mr Pink for knowledge and time spent on it so far
I'll see if I can find Lucario's timing, (if he can do it) tomorrow :)

D

Deleted member

Ill test lucario today. Ive only been trying marth to find the actual timing. Right now I'm able to buffer it meaning I input the forward or down input till I get it, but I'm trying to find the timing so I don't have to do that. Once I can consistently do that I can start testing for everyone. Me and mr. pink know the general idea of it but don't know exactly how it works, only theories and ideas

ill post back if it works and stuff you can do with it

Nesh

Smash Rookie
Okay, new to Lucario and smash 4, not super new to smash. Decided to main Lucario due to a random number generator and me being unable to commit to anything. Now I'm on break without access to a wii U because I'm visiting my parents. So I'm posting a smash forums. So I guess, what do I do when I get back? Other than fail my classes and play a ton of games.

Croi

Smash Lord
You should probably stay in school. If you play Smash, you'll start playing even more Smash and before you know it, you'll have 1,000 posts on Smashboards.

Nesh

Smash Rookie
Haha I will stay in school don't worry. I usually work from 9 am - 9/10 pm then game. I used to play league to destress but I discovered it made me more stressed. So after my roommate bought smash and got into slightly competitive play I figured I'd transition to that. Is there any streamers who consistently play Lucario?

Empire~

s a d b o y s
Is there any streamers who consistently play Lucario?
There's a player called P2P with Gibus who places highly to a reasonable consistency at TourneyLocator's Shockwave series. The tourneys are weekly at Every Wednesday at 7PM CST - (http://www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator) The stream's really good quality as well which is nice.

There are probably a bunch of weeklies or whatever that I'm missing where Lucarios frequent, sorry for missing! But as far as I'm aware there aren't any streamers who just do specifically lucario stuff.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Yo. I don't mingle here much but just wanted to share a local tournament result with you guys here. Normally I just 100% Shulk everything, but the past Sunday I found myself using Lucario & Yoshi for most of the tournament. So yeah:

GameKatz Bi-weekly
Singles
Mace
November 22, 2015
3rd out of 32 entrants
:4lucario:&:4yoshi:
Customs: OFF
════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
We also did a side event, which was a 3v3 money match between opposing crews. Lucario is mighty helpful in 3v3s, & in a previous side event from a different local, we did 4v4 with me playing as Lucario & was still mighty. Lucario having so many stocks to share from really brings out the potential of Aura, especially with strategies such as PSI Magnet healing, Bucket, or Pocket. Nasty stuff.

ChikiLucario

Smash Cadet
Anybody got an idea as to why an uncharged aura sphere can't jab lock, but Mewtwo's uncharged shadowball can? ;w;

Last edited:
Top Bottom