• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lucario Social: Aura Dog Days of Summer

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
It's not a true combo but if they're off the ground while in the charge then it might as well be.

And the training mode combo counter is weird, I wouldn't really trust it.
Yeah. I heard some weird things about it.

I believe that aurasphere charge jc'd d-air might actually be true though~ Although I gotta practice u-smash then if that's the case. Having a guarantied kill option out of charge would be amazing. I was looking for an answer to characters with obnoxiously fast n-airs and this might be it. If d-air is considered a "true" combo, then u-smash should most definitely be one as well sense it takes more frames to do a jump d-air then a jc'd u-smash. Dropping your shield in this game takes ****ing long. I wish I thought of jump canceling sooner. :T

#BrawlYoshiMentallity

Just make sure to say "bair" and not "backair" out loud, as some people MAY mistake what you're saying.
"Boy do I love Lucario's Backair!" could be misheard as "Boy do I love Lucario's back hair!" XD
...but his back is probably floofy. = w=

Also just main whoever mate. Stereotypes will come with the character yeah, but it's no big deal. Don't let that seriously hold ya back from maining who ya like~ I get furry jokes all the time, but i'm sure that has more to do with who I am as a person.
I've gotta weakness for cute stuff and should probably stop wearing eared hats if I didn't want that but...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

****s cute yo

Last edited:

Zee'mmoro

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zee'mmoro
3DS FC
4914-3176-0599
Also just main whoever mate. Stereotypes will come with the character yeah, but it's no big deal. Don't let that seriously hold ya back from maining who ya like~ I get furry jokes all the time, but i'm sure that has more to do with who I am as a person.
I've gotta weakness for cute stuff and should probably stop wearing eared hats if I didn't want that but...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

****s cute yo
Agreed! Whether if you're a furry (or Pokefur? o: ), not a furry, you know, whatever, don't let that determine who you main. Lucario is, to me, incredibly adorable with a pinch of awesomeness with his martial art skills, but, really, it all depends on what type of fighting style you like and what you're best with.

And yes, ****'s IS cute. -snuggles his Lucario plushie-

Gune

Smash Lord
All Lucario mains are furries? Stereotypes! Anyways, I assume you are trolling and will label you as such. If this was true, well, Greninja instantly wins.
Not all of us are furries but I wont deny that furries are pretty vocal on the lucario boards, I personally think its because the people are so chill here.

Pikachutobal

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3797-8141-2794
Hello everyone
I recently bought my Amiibo of Lucario
It is the first Amiibo and I want to ask a question
What is the best way to train my Amiibo?

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
...but his back is probably floofy. = w=

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

****s cute yo
Well, one of the reasons I like Lucario so much is that he's a dog. Who doesn't like dogs? I mean, my actual favorite pokemon is a bit more cat-like, but still! He knows martial arts, has awesome aura powers, and he just looks purely badass. What more could you possibly want?!

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
Well, one of the reasons I like Lucario so much is that he's a dog. Who doesn't like dogs? I mean, my actual favorite pokemon is a bit more cat-like, but still! He knows martial arts, has awesome aura powers, and he just looks purely badass. What more could you possibly want?!
A shoryuken. :troll:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
But! Muh juggles! I like playing hacky sack with fast fallers and heavies! And having vectoring back would also risk giving Wario the ability to fly around the stage like he has his own orbit again.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
But! Muh juggles! I like playing hacky sack with fast fallers and heavies! And having vectoring back would also risk giving Wario the ability to fly around the stage like he has his own orbit again.
Though it is utterly hilarious when it happens to him. There was always the possibility that any Wario player could vector himself into the upper blast zone after knocking him away. That happened to someone I played against in FG. It's a shame older replays can't be saved, because that was just one of those golden moments.

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Though it is utterly hilarious when it happens to him. There was always the possibility that any Wario player could vector himself into the upper blast zone after knocking him away. That happened to someone I played against in FG. It's a shame older replays can't be saved, because that was just one of those golden moments.
Well true, it was indeed funny and windboxes could mess him up.

Enemis

Smash Cadet
NNID
ToaEnemis
3DS FC
4596-9466-3207
Hello everyone
A friend of mine likes to exploit the amiibo training to its fullest extent. He trained a yoshi to spamm egg throwing and made him super defensive with a lot of buffs to its air game, lowering damage taken when hit in the air, making it nearly impossible to gimp like most CPUs. And since Yoshi already has super armor for his second jump, you can imagine how broken it's become XD. As for lucario, I wouldn't know, mine is still pristine in its packaging =w=. Perhaps boosting its attack power to the maximum. That paired with aura and rage would make him god tier lol

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
I feel like falling in love with your main is a really good thing... like I would've dropped lucario if he wasnt extremely sexy. A lot of lucario mains dropped him for his bad hitboxes but the people that love him for more for looks than hitboxes keep using him and learn how to get it around and become extremely good like me....I could really make out with a lucario right now!

DireWolf

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1822-1646-5262
I feel like falling in love with your main is a really good thing... like I would've dropped lucario if he wasnt extremely sexy. A lot of lucario mains dropped him for his bad hitboxes but the people that love him for more for looks than hitboxes keep using him and learn how to get it around and become extremely good like me....I could really make out with a lucario right now!
Your avatar suddenly makes me really uncomfortable

also you should post more vods from your locals

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
^The no. 1 Lucario in the world ladies and gentlemen!

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
both recent locals i've won didnt have a s4 stream setup, so lame.

even if they did you wouldnt be able to view because they were nsfw 18+ because of the destruction

We Are GX

Smash Rookie
That's part of the reason i loved him in brawl. I loved his play style and his disjointed hitboxes in brawl. I didn't bother maining anyone else just because of that reason. Then Sm4sh hits and its like...its like taking Marth's sword away and asking him to still fight. Lucario doesn't feel the same. Before you say, " but he got stronger with aura and rage", it still doesn't change the fact his spacing options have changed in this game. He is a captain falcon with a projectile, while that is appelaing to some, it isnt for me. Thats the only reason i decided to change my main.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
That's part of the reason i loved him in brawl. I loved his play style and his disjointed hitboxes in brawl. I didn't bother maining anyone else just because of that reason. Then Sm4sh hits and its like...its like taking Marth's sword away and asking him to still fight. Lucario doesn't feel the same. Before you say, " but he got stronger with aura and rage", it still doesn't change the fact his spacing options have changed in this game. He is a captain falcon with a projectile, while that is appelaing to some, it isnt for me. Thats the only reason i decided to change my main.
Pardon me, but how is he in any way like Captain Falcon with a projectile?

We Are GX

Smash Rookie
Pardon me, but how is he in any way like Captain Falcon with a projectile?
Play style. Not literal. He hits hards. Lucario also lost his combo strings in Sm4sh. In Brawl i had a particualr string that was beautiful and showed off his abilities. I can't string anything together in this game. His jab also sucks too, the third hit mostly misses.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
Hello everyone
A rolled up newspaper can do wonders for training your dog.

Enemis

Smash Cadet
NNID
ToaEnemis
3DS FC
4596-9466-3207
Yeah man you're not the only one who feels that way. He doesn't play the same at all and he lost his combo strings. Sure he can kill more easily with the aura boost, but I'd take his old disjointed hitboxes over the power boost any day. The only difference between us is that I'm a die hard lucario fan boy now XD. So I'm sticking with him for fun better or for glory worse.. sickness or in health.. till hoo ha death do us part...

Auramaniji

Roasted!
NNID
N/A
If that what it takes to be good ...sign me up. :troll: Although a hug would fare the same feels.
Lamo this is too much

Top Bottom