• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

#Lucario - Lucario Movie Showing (TODAY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
In 4 days, on April 14th, 2011, the #Lucario IRC channel will have had its 1000th day of existence!
To celebrate this wonderous event for not only one of the earliest, but the longest-lasting character community IRC channel on Smashboards, we are going to watch the #Lucario movie all at the same time while commenting on Skype!

On April 14th, 2011, at 7 PM Pacific time (That's 10 PM for you East-coasters!), we are all going to watch the 8th Pokemon movie "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew" in sync with each other. We will meet about 30-10 minutes prior to the event in the IRC so that we may all be properly added to the Skype chat when the appointed time comes.

In other words, make sure you guys are here before 6:30 PM Pacific or 9:30 PM Eastern or so!

It is likely that we will use some form of internet streaming site to help us with this, so if your internet is slow, it might be useful to start your buffering on the video a little bit earlier before the event occurs to prevent any skips or slowdowns.

As far as I know right now, I only know of one major streaming site possibility to watch it at, at pokemonepisode.org. If you know of any other places to watch that we can link to if by some chance some people can't access the site for some reason (Not that this is likely, but just a precaution), please post some links if you can.

Also, the time schedule for this event is not set in stone. I defaulted to 7 PM for the sake of a good default, but if people have a problem with it, we might be able to move it up or down an hour or two for everyone's convenience. Just talk about it either in this thread or in the IRC. After all, it's not a celebration if it's inconvenient to the party-goers! I'll update the thread and the title with any changes if they occur, so check back in here at least once before the day!

Lastly, know that this event isn't limited to just the long-time Lucarios! If you want to start joining our little, but lasting community, or to just be a part of the action, it's perfectly fine for you to watch with us.

Important Links:
Official #Lucario IRC Thread
#Lucario and the Mystery of Mew on Pokemonepisode.org
#Lucario and the Mystery of Mew on Animecrazy.net

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Best Pokemon movie, imo.

Also I'll sticky this since a lot of Lucario's go to #Lucario and it seems a lot of people want to get together for this.

Browny

Smash Hater
Lol I remembered I have this movie on my computer, its where I got all those lucario emote screenshots from :p

Browny

Smash Hater
Ok I can skype on thursday, but only from around 1-1:45pm pacific time (work it out for other zones)

SugarNerd

Smash Cadet
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOPERRR EXCITED FOR THIS.

yes, caps was needed.

EDIT: Actually, I couldn't get the video to work, or even play. If anyone would like to get in touch with me, I would be perfectly fine with streaming or getting us a copy of it so we can all watch it together ^^;

Please let me know.

Browny

Smash Hater
I shall skype in around... 7:30 hours from now. figure it out yourselves with this time stamp. Then work again. This week has been so tiring rofl, already up to 43:1 hours O_O

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Mew's a ****.
He caused every problem and then fixed it himself like, "Ya could have done this from the start forgot about it!"

But yeah plot wise I thought it was built solidly with what it was going for.

There are a couple of plot holes but, oh well it's Pokemon can't apply logic all the time.

Also if we're doing this again, I would like it if people posted it in the other #Lucario chat over this one, just to keep the forums less cluttered.

AlexoftheAura

yaylatias.gif
NNID
AlexoftheAura
Straight from tv tropes

Poor Communication Kills: They could have called this Poor Communication Kills: the Movie. The whole ordeal is set into motion by Kidd and co., none of whom had any ill intent and all of whom know when to leave major natural phenomena alone as soon as they know they should, but just came off as a bit too aggressive at first. Note that Mew, being psychic, probably would have been able to sense this had it not been busy getting walloped by a pair of overenthusiastic Weavile. Mew, who keep in mind is a kleptomaniac, runs off with Pikachu and Meowth in a panic — and neglects to bring them back or let anyone know they're okay at all. Ash, who at this point has every right to fear the worst, stages a rescue attempt that triggers a Diabolus Ex Machina that eats most of the cast. Said Diabolus's reversal nearly kills everyone, and does cause one of the only real deaths in the series — someone who was totally innocent of the fiasco.

* Additionally, when Sir Aaron sealed away Lucario, he failed to properly explain why he did so, leading Lucario to believe that he'd betrayed the kingdom and causing Lucario to distrust humans until he eventually finds out about Aaron's Heroic Sacrifice.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Straight from tv tropes

Poor Communication Kills: They could have called this Poor Communication Kills: the Movie. The whole ordeal is set into motion by Kidd and co., none of whom had any ill intent and all of whom know when to leave major natural phenomena alone as soon as they know they should, but just came off as a bit too aggressive at first. Note that Mew, being psychic, probably would have been able to sense this had it not been busy getting walloped by a pair of overenthusiastic Weavile. Mew, who keep in mind is a kleptomaniac, runs off with Pikachu and Meowth in a panic — and neglects to bring them back or let anyone know they're okay at all. Ash, who at this point has every right to fear the worst, stages a rescue attempt that triggers a Diabolus Ex Machina that eats most of the cast. Said Diabolus's reversal nearly kills everyone, and does cause one of the only real deaths in the series — someone who was totally innocent of the fiasco.

* Additionally, when Sir Aaron sealed away Lucario, he failed to properly explain why he did so, leading Lucario to believe that he'd betrayed the kingdom and causing Lucario to distrust humans until he eventually finds out about Aaron's Heroic Sacrifice.
This is too good, great explanation right here.

Still love the movie and think it's the best one.

Oh yeah and locked and stuff, if you want to talk about the movie or upcoming ones, please post them in the other #Lucario thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom