• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lucario and Friends discuss a tactical approach to: Meta Knight (thank you Ksizzle!)

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
yeah ill be at whobo most likely donating to the m2k fund or maybe ill finally beat him with lucario :) i always get so close :(

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Cool, look forward to seeing you. Maybe you can teach me some stuff, lol. :)

ckm

Smash Journeyman
when is ksizzles info going to be posted? I'd like to hear other people's opinions.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
we will be recorded. but if im correct this will be the seeding for viridian

1 m2k
2 ally
3 tyrant
4 adhd
5 anti
6 atomsk
7 ksizzle
8 ????

so that means quarters is gonna be
m2k vs ???
ksizzle vs ally
atomsk vs tyrant
anti vs adhd

this is just my speculation. i hope its true. i wana **** ally again :)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Record ksizzle pl0x. The only video of Lucario doing well vs. Ally was Lee's, and it got taken down T.T
I also want to see how it's done in a pressure game like snake's, I think mentally this MU is my personal hardest (like 65:35 hard).
Also, for those who don't know, I'll be interviewing Ksizzle today at 6-7 PMish.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
lol I forgot that 7 here means like 11 there or something like that lol.
btw, any questions you guys wanted from Ksizzle that you didn't get from Azen's interview?

Zucco

Smash Master
ask him to stop sending me the Kuja Video!(he'll know what I mean)

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
lol I forgot that 7 here means like 11 there or something like that lol.
btw, any questions you guys wanted from Ksizzle that you didn't get from Azen's interview?
As a Meta Knight player himself, I'd like to know what parts of Lucario's game scare or annoy him the most when he's on the other side of the matchup.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Drat, well it looks like I'm going to make some changes to how we get questions answered.
Since Phil sux at remembering time zones, he's just going to give the questions to the panel member for them to answer at their convenience. It isn't as much fun, but it's more efficient.
That being said, are there any questions about the MK MU that want to be pointed to Ksizzle that weren't discussed with Azen?

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Are you on Ksizzle!?!
I'll need a bat-signal or something lol

You need an I-Carly signal to get his attention.
ummm

Drat, well it looks like I'm going to make some changes to how we get questions answered.
Since Phil sux at remembering time zones, he's just going to give the questions to the panel member for them to answer at their convenience. It isn't as much fun, but it's more efficient.
That being said, are there any questions about the MK MU that want to be pointed to Ksizzle that weren't discussed with Azen?
Ksizzles EST which is adding 3 hours to our timezone on the west coast. ;3

but I would like to ask him:

- What a Metaknight would be looking to take advantage of in this match-up and

- What are common habits that metaknight players have how should lucario take advantage of them.

Since he uses MK we should really be asking questions that could be answered with less difficulity from the side of a seasoned Metaknight.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I agree with that^
lol @ mixed signals (lolpun).
Edit: Wow, I just noticed that our caped crusader has adopted a more "feral" side of himself. I guess he's now "Lucario man" lol.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Double post:
Anyone want to ask question about how to get around planking? I wasn't sure if Azen was around planking enough to ask, but I'm sure ksizzle has experience it.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
planking is dumb. it shouldnt be allowed in a tourney. this is what you do if your opponent stalls the ledge

you go to the other side of the stage. your lucario for god sake. charge your aura sphere and wait. i cant begin to tell you guys how many times ive expressed this/ encountered it. planking is only effective when you try to fight it. you get in too close to the ledge and then you get up aird or something and you cant do anything becuz mk will retain his invincibility frames from the ledge.

just back away and wait. be patient. there should be an edge grab limit. if he keeps doing it, you have every right to pause the game and call a judge/ witness/ the host.

plz never get fooled to this nonsense.

at viridian 2 i think, i faced snakeee. atomsk was sitting next to me. he planked the living hell out of me. me being dumb didnt say anything and then complained to the host AFTER the set. me and atomsk told him but he didnt wana do anything. oh well.

if you ever experience crazy planking then call a host. if its not crazy and just mk dropping from the ledge 3-5 times , then getting back on the stage, just go to the other side of the stage, charge up, and formulate and try to see what habits youve read so far and how to punish them.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Sent in questions to Ksizzle. I think the last "sure" member I will ask is Lee Martin. As we all know, he's arguably one of the few that continues to reach towards Lucario's highest metagame, and I think this would be a great opportunity to get info from him, provided I can contact him.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I haven't faced any MK that Planks well.

I just run off and Dair at the right time.

I agree it shouldn't be allowed.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If you can run off and dair, the MK is doing it wrong.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
yeah if the mks are getting punsihed by dair on the ledge then yes they are doing it incorrectly.

i got the questions and will be answering them after im done with classes today. ill post it here i guess.

also id like to point something out. why meta knight? im sure lucario has worse matchups than this. this isnt even that bad like some make it out to be. m2k literally put his arms up and said YES! when he beat me last time we played. im like wtf lol why are u so happy? and its becuz he knows its not a a bad matchu. it can go either way and it depends on whos playing smarter. snake for instance is way harder than mk for lucario imo. but oh well.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I don't think MK is a bad matchup. Lucario/MK is probably closer to even than most characters vs MK.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
DMG is pretty adamant at saying the MU isn't even from the MK perspective.

I think we're doing MK because quite frankly, he's going to show up more than any other character in tournament. We need to face facts, there are a lot of people who pick their character based on the tier list alone and nothing else. This isn't to say everyone who picks MK is tier whoring, Dojo didn't he picked MK when the game first came out. People think MK is an unstoppable force that improves there chances of winning to astronomical levels and pick him up to cover themselves when their main loses.

Because of this MK floods tournaments due to player mind set more so than the people who are hard core MK mains. This is a match-up that will show up at any tournament in the top 8 every 9/10 tournaments. People want to win, so they flock to the best character of any fighting game, MvC2 is a good example of this.

In short; Popularity and usage over ratios.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
yeah if the mks are getting punsihed by dair on the ledge then yes they are doing it incorrectly.

i got the questions and will be answering them after im done with classes today. ill post it here i guess.

also id like to point something out. why meta knight? im sure lucario has worse matchups than this. this isnt even that bad like some make it out to be. m2k literally put his arms up and said YES! when he beat me last time we played. im like wtf lol why are u so happy? and its becuz he knows its not a a bad matchu. it can go either way and it depends on whos playing smarter. snake for instance is way harder than mk for lucario imo. but oh well.
I agree that it's farthest from worst, but it's pretty nasty :p
MK tho has about 13% of the character rep cross section in tournament (more if you only look at major tourneys). Knowing how to fight him is crucial, and I see so many mistakes that could be avoided if we went back to tactical, founding basics that work.
And I think snake or D3 are next, my vote though is snake to be worked on (that grenade camp game gets exponentially "Omg" if you start giving him room, and everyone knows what I'm talking about with those tilts of his).

iRJi

Smash Champion
I agree that it's farthest from worst, but it's pretty nasty :p
MK tho has about 13% of the character rep cross section in tournament (more if you only look at major tourneys). Knowing how to fight him is crucial, and I see so many mistakes that could be avoided if we went back to tactical, founding basics that work.
And I think snake or D3 are next, my vote though is snake to be worked on (that grenade camp game gets exponentially "Omg" if you start giving him room, and everyone knows what I'm talking about with those tilts of his).
2nd this.

Although Its far from his worse MU, Its the most common one people will be facing. It is good to know what people should do when the time comes.

Top Bottom