• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lubbock Tournament Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Ryan need FC heard it was close between u n shawn...idk f he gets much play n as i do but i fight nubs so doesnt matter just helps pick up on habbits n all!

They were just fun matches, but a couple were close, then I started getting 2 stocked... Ryan switches up stuff that he does alot, and punishes stuff... But I think I can get better soon.

@Ryan: After we played, I fought Roys Marth... Weird dash dances and sideB combos with Marth. O_o He kept beating me at the end in our dittos, I would always be ahead!!!!!!!

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
dont you people know fmatt's bedtime is 10pm

thought this was common knowledge ;x

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Crono is soooooo boring, I wanna play you on Brawl though Matt. =)

felix45

Smash Lord
I'm not sure anyone has told you guys so I guess I'll say it again. I dont play on wifi...it sux. if/when lag issues get fixed I wouldn't mind at all, but laggy inputs really throw me off.
really I dont have fun playing on wifi >.>
I have a long explanation to why but I seriously doubt anyone cares so yea.

so yeah if you want to play me you will have to come out to tournies.

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
When I play with certain people it is not THAT laggy... Barely noticable almost, doesn't take away much fun from me...

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
I kinda agree with felix, but at the same time I kinda just play online to mess around with friends, I only take it seriously when I am in person...

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
meh online play is too inconsistent for me to want to do it, besides smash has always been about playing in with 3 or 4 other guys anyway, playing 1v1s over and over gets a little stale :p

better have something else before the school year is out cause i want to see how i do :o

jra64

Smash Journeyman
I think you can actually learn things online... After I started playing people with green/blue lag, it was so much better than people with red lag. Online offers Brawl without very very specific timings. But you can still learn things online, I have...

EDIT: So I'm guessing Sintinel plays Luigi now?

Sefe

Smash Apprentice
...IDK but I suck and I dont really feel like going all the way to Lubbock...I mean WiFi is ok for me and Shawn and I hear for him and Roy it is good I mean cmon Felix its not all about winning right one match me and you...

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Gaaaay... I think Jake would be good at Brawl. Why isn't Pmatt going? Austin doesn't play Brawl or what?

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
Austin is going to houston...

Jake and Pmatt, I am not sure yet, but they both don't like brawl, so I figured why would they come to a dollar tourny with free food and drinks and iPods as prizes... who knows...

felix45

Smash Lord
...IDK but I suck and I dont really feel like going all the way to Lubbock...I mean WiFi is ok for me and Shawn and I hear for him and Roy it is good I mean cmon Felix its not all about winning right one match me and you...
no

i hate wifi it makes me play worse.

I only played in the online tourney I posted about to prove how there is really gay **** in brawl because of items/stages. and I got 4th doing only gay ****. and honestly now that it is over I really do feel much worse.

so no.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
eh... none of us are good at this game yet.... i think we are all just... hitting buttons randomly and hoping they work...

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
no

i hate wifi it makes me play worse.

I only played in the online tourney I posted about to prove how there is really gay **** in brawl because of items/stages. and I got 4th doing only gay ****. and honestly now that it is over I really do feel much worse.

so no.
If online is laggy, it is like a game of chess... Too bad I always sucked at chess.

But you don't even play online for fun, I disown you as my... Some guy I know on smashboards...

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
Well, I dunno what unruly means, but when I play most of the time there isn't much lag, so it is just as fun as in person. =]

BOBA

Smash Journeyman
If you mean around as in does he play smash then yes, he was becoming extremely good at melee towards the end, and now at Brawl he is getting good at a rapid pace also. It would be cool if you played him again... Of course, he lives in Houston now.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
Hugs, are you in the Texas area now or something? Or just stopping by our awesome thread?

Also, Felix... where did you put our stuff? and have you finished unpacking? I'll be back soon enough... and even though I havent played much... it will be nice to have someone decent to play when i get back!

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
I suppose you could drag yourselves over to my place mid-to-late afternoon tomorrow. In order to do anything other than die a gamer's death on Saturday, I may need to actually *gasp* play something other than FFA's. Game-breaking concept, I know.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
your dorm... is so far away for us lazy people to walk... and we have two tvs in my room... you guys come over to our room!

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
That'd be fine. If perhaps...you told me where you live. I might need that info.

EDIT: Also, it would be a good idea to tell us when we can start showing up.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Well, I can't post at home cause I have no internet... I'm at school right now because I didn't know they were doing easter holiday for my school but they are... But since I'm up here I figured I might as well check up on the thread...

LOL! HugS, there's no shame in losing to a Lubbock player. Lubbock is where real champions are created =D. Your Samus was a lot worse back then, though. Even I was doing well with my peach, and that's when the community thought Samus was a Peach counter (or they still do?). You better watch out for Lubbock in Brawl =D.

Wow... I still have all those videos on my computer... (OLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom