• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lubbock Tournament Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Psssh. Who uses icons?! I use DDD as my main. He's the fastest character on Brawl.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Sleepiness and Soreness ftl...

WTF?! No reason, but today I woke up sore as **** I couldn't even lift my arms! I guess going to a smashfest after you're already sore from working out makes you even more sore?! Makes no ****ing sense...

The actual words to the Brawl intro:

http://www.allisbrawl.com/video/video.aspx?id=71

jra64

Smash Journeyman
I told everyone not to have ANY fun without Austin in town, but they wouldn't listen to me =(.

Spyda

Smash Journeyman
Texas Power Rankings

1. Felix
2. Any Metaknight User
3. Any Rob User
4. Felix Again

uh... april fools day... change the spelling of meta-k-n-i-g-h-t and r- -o -b

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, who edited all our posts? Change them back, Sint =P.

Only true gamers understand the R66-Y reference =D.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
my powers are not enough to help you guys ;x

....lucas

just to see what they changed it to :D

*edit*

Yes its Claus!

i was wondering why scav asked me what was R-o-bo's real name ;x

wont even let me put in the other name >_>

stupid April Fool's

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
Have you decided on stages? I really don't think it'd be cool to announce them at 3:30 Saturday afternoon...

And which event matches unlock stages? You never told me which ones.

If you can't remember, perhaps you should explain the "press start" method in detail.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
What do you mean you're not 'doing' this tournament?

What hero is that... "From the depths I come..."

Is that the Pit Lord?

EDIT: Wow... Stupid April Fools... P-i-t--L-o-r-d

Drew, this better not be censor dodging! I have enough infractions =P.

felix45

Smash Lord
sorry for double post....steven made it >.>

may as well use this for stages.

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Pokémon Stadium

Counterpicks:
Lylat Cruise
Luigi's Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Great Sea
Frigate Orpheon
Battleship Halberd
Green Hill Zone
Corneria
Rainbow Ride
Jungle Japes
Brinstar
Green Greens
Mario Circuit
Pictochat
Yoshi's Island
Onett

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
why are Norfair and poke Stadium 2 banned?

its incredibly easy to avoid lava

if you have japes on there is no reason not to have Norfair on

poke stadium2 isnt neutral, but its a viable counter pick

you cant ban stages because you dont like them -_-

felix45

Smash Lord
OK guys I just got bad news, our CA didn't tell us to fill out some info to get the money. I'm sorry, if I had known I would have gotten it filled out and turned in. hopefully next time I will be able to get the pizza and prizes like I was told I would get this time.

pot split will be 60/30/10. dollar entry. hope to see everyone there!

also post flyers up everyone. I'm going to print some out tomorrow and post them everywhere.

jra64

Smash Journeyman
Wow, that CA is a ****in' ****. So you had to fill out some BS to get the prizes? -_-... Well, maybe you should've kept in contact with this guy a little better... So no Pizza, either? So it's 1 dollar entry 60/30/10 for both teams and singles? Man, it would've been way better if there wasn't any mention of the other cool prizes we could've got. Npnp, I'm still very happy that we have a big Smash community. God knows Tekken didn't have the biggest population in Lubbock =D.

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
well now that smashboards is back up can talk again ;x

anyway, still not seeing your reasoning to ban norfair, played against fmatt doign several matches with metaknight and i fail to see how the strategy(though I could be doing it wrong, but you said anyone could do it ;x) is so dominating that it warrants the entire stage being banned. this does not seem anything like Peach in melee using her fwdB on Fourside or a fox using the shine infinite on stages with walls. Even in fox's cases, it took several years for many of the stages that he had an advantage to be banned, but it did not seem to stop fox players from winning tournaments regardless ;x. Just because a character does well on a certain, does not mean it warrants a ban. It also doesnt mean it wont get banned in the future. besides, most of the stages have been on anyway since this would be the first tournament for many of us, we have no real idea what truly needs to banned or not yet. Better that we take this opportunity to test everything out.

so in summary, put more stages on :p mainly Pokemon Stadium 2 and Norfair though

*edit*

also, I was thinking about having a smashfest at my house this friday. Any who would like to come simply message me on AIM, my sn is BuDuhBand. Or post in this thread, whichever works best for you ;x. Ive got 2 TVs of my own(dont know if my roommate is willing to lend his) and 1 Wii(once again dont know if my roomate will lend his, he probably will though)

so yeah, brawl is awesome ;x

jra64

Smash Journeyman
I never understood the stages, so whatever you tell me to play, I'll play, lol. But I just need to know in advance, that's all. Stages are jumping around all over the place.

Me and Julius have been calmin' down on Brawl a lot lately. I need to go out of town so I can just unleash all this bull**** on the poor people who meet me in the brackets.

But without a big tournament to look forward to, I haven't been playing very much at all this week.

EDIT: I might be down for smashing on Friday. I know David will be.

felix45

Smash Lord
orite

yeah somehow I missed that. well then austin! post your address and how to get there etc. and people will come then maybe. if a lot of people plan on going I can bring my setup, and if matt brings his wii that is 3 setups which is plenty.

edit: oh yeah forgot to say that you have convinced me for norfair. I'm keeping pokemon stadium 2 off just because of windmills. with low grav for so long you can get easy gimp kills through the ceiling via uair kills. they are really easy to get...especially with metaknight.

plus there are already tons of stages on. we can play on it on friday and if you can convince me I'm fine with adding it I guess, really any low grav stage is great for my character because gliding doesn't take into account gravity and I can jump uair you to death at like 30%. I really dont think doing it takes skill though...well unless you think holding up on control stick and mashing a is hard :p.

also you guys have to check this **** outtt! aren't we brilliant?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOaBZXFxd_I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I5jz-HxbqA

edit2: oh yeah jake, no I am not! I only post to keep activity up in here. honestly I couldn't tell you how many posts I have......I really dont notice it >.>

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
2807 33rd street

im between Boston and Flint as far as major(well maybe not major) streets go

uh im gonna give a quick lesson on streets in lubbock ^_^

for the most part streets are in alphabetical order. For example, Flint comes before Indiana. So yeah unfortunately my house does not have numbers on it, but my Silver truck will be in the driveway for helpful indication of which one is mine.

Im done with classes by 2 and i will probably clean up my place a bit so come any time after o say.....4:30 or 5 idk

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
Yo, this is Vat- Zero. Less than 3 days before the big Goop tourney

"Goop's AZ Brawl Tourney"

When:
- On Saturday April 5th

Where:
- 4533 S. Mill Ave. Tempe, AZ 85282

felix45

Smash Lord
where the fuuuuuck is my quick reply?

spyda is correct, why drive way the **** out there. can he not ****ing read? waht a DUUUUMBBBAASSS

hahahhahahhaahah anayways I may or maynot come tomorrow who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom